SueKay
    Rogue
    Sugarshaker
    getcarter
    Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
    Thanx for my medal ship nana!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
      Isn't *that* what got us in this mess in the first place??????????

waterfall
      Maybe she needs the sense knocked back in her!! Evidently Grace knocked it out of her!

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
        I know this isn't a popular view right now but I hold strong to it because I know that Jack and Sam will be together. You can't help but see the shippiness regardless of the episode. So here goes.... I think that shipper angst is good for the ratings....

If you think about all the shows that have shipper angst, the minute they are resolved something is missing from the show. Go back to any show---JAG, Alias (don't watch it but apparently lots of you do ), Moonlighting, Star Trek TNG, Fraiser, Scrubs, the list goes on...let's face it we love to see that possiblity of love in the air. It makes us happy and full of hope. But as soon as the agnst is resolved, something is missing.
        <snip>
        Au contraire on Alias. The way they resolved it has been just as exciting as the UST. Nothing missing there, still feels natural. Good plots, good writing. What's wrong with a bit of RST when it adds to the appeal. Problem with Jack and Sam is that they're stirred up so much angst that the resolution might be anticlimactic (Gads, I hope not though). That's the thing with Alias, the angst was there but it was in the background, natural (I haven't seen all of S3 so I can only comment on S1 and S2). Then when it was resolved, the ship is there, in the background, natural. There is some shippy angst in places but it's nothing like the angst between Jack and Sam. This the problem I'm having. The angst has been brought to such a level that I really can't take any more. If UST is a good thing (for ratings, keeping viewers, etc), don't forget that too much of a good thing can be bad. Personally, I think we've come to the point that if we don't have a resolution soon, then we will have too much of a "good" thing.
        Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
        Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
        Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Happy
          Dear Shipper Family,

I've been away from the threads for a few weeks now.

RL has a way of really crashing in on your life sometimes, huh? Missed you all a lot. The events of RL have me believing in alien abductions and weird time loops.

In the *A* storyline in the plot of my life is an angry, unhappy teenage son (growing up is so hard to do ), in the *B* storyline is the brother who must have been abducted by aliens (Loki?) ten years ago and replaced with a defective model with the temperment of a rabid dog. Now Loki must have re-replaced him, because with an apology and a smile, he is back in my life. (You think Stargate has rollercoasters.....) The *C* plot was friends from Belgium staying at our house.

If you need to find me, I'll be checking in to the Rehap Commune....you know, a private, padded room where I can muse about recent events under the care of massive doses of tranquilizers and S/J fanfic.

All this real life and Affinity too. It ain't fair!!!!!!!!!!
          Awwww. (((((((((((((((((((Happy)))))))))))))))))))

Here's a 2-liter sized choc. rum shake for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
            Spoiler:
            Seems like I'm gonna like this Kerry woman. She's a pretty bright lady. She can tell right away that something is holding Jack back even though she hasn't really known him long.

Meanwhile back in on the ranch in Montana we have otherwise known as the spudster, spudman, etc.!!!!!!! He just doesn't get it. Sam takes OVER 2 weeks to reply to his "you-know-what" and he doesn't see anything wrong. How dense is this guy?!!!!! She probably could call out Jack's name in the throes of passion and he still would be oblivious!!!!

I didn't think he was so swift when he almost caused everyone to get killed at the stakeout but now he really looks dumb. TPTB are sure portraying him as not being the sharpest tool in the shed, brightest crayon in the box, smartest spud in the bag, one fry short of the proverbial Happy Meal!

He fell off the turnip truck yesterday???

*IF* he had brains, he might be dangerous!!!

waterfall

Comment

Dear Shipper Family,

RL has a way of really crashing in on your life sometimes, huh? Missed you all a lot. The events of RL have me believing in alien abductions and weird time loops.

In the *A* storyline in the plot of my life is an angry, unhappy teenage son (growing up is so hard to do ), in the *B* storyline is the brother who must have been abducted by aliens (Loki?) ten years ago and replaced with a defective model with the temperment of a rabid dog. Now Loki must have re-replaced him, because with an apology and a smile, he is back in my life. (You think Stargate has rollercoasters.....) The *C* plot was friends from Belgium staying at our house.

If you need to find me, I'll be checking in to the Rehap Commune....you know, a private, padded room where I can muse about recent events under the care of massive doses of tranquilizers and S/J fanfic.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((SG1Happy)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Missed Ya!!!!!!!

So sorry RL is tough for you right now. This too shall pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile I think you need a good dose of Shipper Family Love and some Shipper Cookies.

Here is the Chocolate Shipper Cookies which are rich and luscious Shipping (especially when served warm - good for when nothing else will do) Also, for stocking up while on extended absenses from S/J Thread (just in case you have to be gone again for a while).

Help yourself!!!!!!!

Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                Isn't *that* what got us in this mess in the first place??????????

waterfall

Well then maybe it'll get us out of it!!!!!!!!

Besides, nothing else has worked!!!!!!!
                Ship Nana

Comment

Interesting posts Zoser, MichelleB, shelsfc…
                  S8 Threads….

But Jack is still hiding...
                  Spoiler:
                  the Kerry relationship from his friends, the base and the AF/Pentagon PTB. Why worry about protecting or hiding her? She’s a big girl able to take care of herself well enough to get herself on the oversight committee. To me it too smacks of conflict of interest, and even if it weren’t… hmmm… you have someone on the oversight committee in a hot-n-heavy relationship w/the general running the base…. Yeah, right… It’s like the Mayor dating the head of the City Council or the PM dating the head of the House of Lords (did I get that right?) & trying to keep it a ‘secret’ or tell anyone there’s no influence of the other party going on… It just looks like Jack went after a hot piece of som-‘um & wants to have his cake & eat it. To me appears he’s in a worse position insofar as he’s running the show & no matter who he dates in house or attached-to-the-house like Kerry… any relationship like that is not going to appear seemly to anyone in their reality.

That’s why I think (as I posted last night http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=4482 ) that TPTB need to address it & Threads seems like it’d be the perfect show & scene to
                  Spoiler:
                  let things rise to a steady boil in Sam. If they’re going to rewrite anything… rewrite that Kerry interrupting J/S scene. Let Sam be assertive & call him on the carpet about it. “If you can hide ship/protect Kerry, what about me? What about us? Define for me what we have and where will we be going?”

OK… MiniRant over with….
                  Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                  My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                    Isn't she a civilian? But I agree - a bit strange. But who could accuse TPTB of consistancy.
                    Yes, but
                    Spoiler:
                    it is my understanding that she is a member of a civilian oversight committee that oversees the SGC, so it really could be an issue

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                      <snip>
                      Also I don't agree with, the resolution of ship means the demise of the show. I have shipped over many a show and in most well before the resolution of the ship the show was ailing (Remington Seele, Moonlighting,....) Most of the time they give the resolution to relationships as a means to save the show and pull the viewers back. In my opinion, this is the absolute worst reason for the resolution of ship for the exact reason that it gives ship a bad name. Sometimes I think it is because the writers wait so, so, long before the resolution that most fans give up: also, because they don't write it with the same quality of writing they have for the rest of the episodes. It takes a very insightful writer to pull it off and maybe what we are saying is that there aren't many of those. One more thing, I also think that by the time they do resolve the ship, with the desperation of rescuing the show, that they bring the ship part of the show to the main front or A plot when I think that ship really belongs in the C plot, where you know it is there but the A and B plot carry the show and you visit the C plot every once in a while. In that way you keep all different fans involved at the same time.
                      Yes, EXACTLY!! Well thought out!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                        Wynter, just had to say that i love your sig pic. *sigh*
                        thank-you my brother who can't stand stargate or any sci-fci sorted the picture out for me, but it was way too big,but thanks from MALA she sorted it out for me and now finally i have a picture.

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                          Oh Yeah, KISSING, KISSING, and more KISSING!!!!

I like your plan!!!!!!!
                          i would love for this to happen
                          i have another picture of a certain couple cuddling in a place we all want them to be,i can't remember who done it but all credit to them it's fantastic

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

I don't remember who said that in "Broca" Jack ends the locker room scene by kissing Sam's neck. Well, in looking for that-- I noticed something else: when Sam slams Jack down on the bench and she's lowering her head to kiss him, he puckers his lips!!

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                              sorry, those are all i have. and thanks about mendhi..i keep rereading too. is it too self-absorbed to like my own fic that much?
                              LOL! I do that too with a few of my vids. I just like the way they came out so I guess if that's self-absorbed, then I'm guilty too!

Comment

Dear Shipper Family,

Gads, Happy! Glad you're okay! Good to see you back!

Comment

Working...
                                X