• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spoilers for s8's affinity

Originally posted by Buc252
    I seem to be the only one with this idea, but
    Spoiler:
    when he said, "I wouldn't be here," I thought he was referring to the idea that having her there - in the military and in the field - had saved his life many times and he'd be dead if she hadn't been part of SG1 and the SGC. Therefore, what they'd given up all these years was worth the wait. Of course, he wouldn't have dreamed she wouldn't wait!

Poor baby . . .

Another great interpretation!

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

I have never actually posted anything before, but I felt like I had to say this.
      I come from a family where the military has been in our lives for as many generations back as I could remember. The main reason I actually started watching Stargate sg-1, was because of the respect and integrity, that these writers and actors showed, of the people who save our lives and give up a life of hope and dreams just so we can have ours.
      The whole issue with O'niell and Carter caught my attention as it showed an example of sacrifice. But I have to say, if the writers choose to separate these characters and involve them with other characters; I would feel very insulted.
      The military is about saving lives, not ending it. And from what I see, they seem to want to end a relationship that has been developing from day one.
      My girls love watching the show, especially the romance, tension and feelings shared between O'niell and Carter; and the last thing I want them to say is that they hate the military for separating these two officers; because that’s not what the military is about.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
        Very possible, esp. if it was late night or early morning. Do you have a # on your post? I'm not doubting you, I would just enjoy seeing it again in situ, to help my rational brain come to terms with my faulty memory brain.
        Do I have a #? I can't remember which shipper 'thread' it was, but it was my last sigline I'd wrote out. Or... I might have wrote it out again after that because of a conversation we were having... I think you can see that I'm of no help at all. Sorry.

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
          Spoiler:
          Well, it's fine for a woman to choose a family if that's what she wants.
          Yup. That's what I meant. But IMHO Sam was a perfectly satisfied and independent woman/character until Grace. It has started with her father wishing for her to have something like he had with her mother. The marriage, 2.5 children, white picket fence and a dog kind of thing. And from then TPTB (writers) made her someone who thinks her biological clock is ticking. I just hope that when Threads airs, Jacob will make Sam realize that although he wishes for her to find happiness that he doesn't want her to rush anything because it won't work for sure if she marries the wrong guy, namely .
          [/spoilers]
          Personally, I have a family and I stay home with my kids but that's not for every woman. If Sam wants a family, great! More power to her! But she should NEVER settle for one if that's not what she truly wants and she should never settle for a man who she obviously does not love and respect.
          Spoiler:

I've got a family too. Well I've got the man, no kids till now, and I have to agree that it is up to every woman to do what she wants. However in this case Sam has always been portrayed as a character that is totally career-orientated and for her to go about-face is something that I can't see. Not if she doesn't go at it with the one she is supposed to have loved for the last 7 years.

Estelle xxx

Oh, hey, cool. Look, I'm a Jaffa warrior now.
          Abu: This is a woman?
          O'Neill: Oh, yeah.

Carter: Err. Colonel?
          O'Neill: It's my side arm, I swear.

Jack: I don't get it. I mean, how can she make kids without a... man friend?
          Malek: The Queen is able to reproduce asexually.
          Jack: Is that why you guys took hosts?

Jack: Oooo... did anyone else feel that?
          Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.
          Jack: No I *like* it.

Comment

Oh My God,i Am Here After 4 Days Of Hell Tring Every-thing On My Pc Pulling My Hair Out And Going Through Affinity On My Own Without No-one To Discuss It With,it Feels Like I've Been Stuck On A Planet With Ba'al.
            I Hope You Guys Are Alright I Don't Know If Any-one Else Had Any Problems I Hope You Didn't.

Any-way I Am Going To Catch Up On Posts,i Have Just Watched Marimbas Video Very Sad :s
            Spolier
            What Did Jack Mean 'i Wouldn't Be Here'!!!!!!!!!!!
            Did He Mean He Wouldn't Have Come Out Of Retirement,or He Would Have Retired For Sam And For Them To Be Togeteher.
            Did You See The Way He Slammed The Box Shut!!!!!!!!!
            I Did Not Enjoy The Way They Were Both Hurting But Why Did She Do That That At The End,what Made Her Make Up Her Mind???

Wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
              Of course!!! Here ya go!

SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Ship Nana
              Lunar
              Caty
              Marimba
              Tame
              Mei Mei
              Kri
              Critter
              LtLisa
              TOKEN
              Auralan
              Melayna
              Mad_Gater
              WaterFall
              Ship Sistah
              Bucky
              Michelleb
              KiwiGater
              Faith
              Shinrai
              ChevronSeven
              Gatetime
              Gotta have one too *jumps up and down* pwhlease *whines*. I even watched the Sam/Jack scene three times. Ok, I know that doesn't make me more qualified, but I did survive all Sam/Pete scenes.

Estelle xxx

Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
                Oh My God,i Am Here After 4 Days Of Hell Tring Every-thing On My Pc Pulling My Hair Out And Going Through Affinity On My Own Without No-one To Discuss It With,it Feels Like I've Been Stuck On A Planet With Ba'al.
                I Hope You Guys Are Alright I Don't Know If Any-one Else Had Any Problems I Hope You Didn't.

Any-way I Am Going To Catch Up On Posts,i Have Just Watched Marimbas Video Very Sad :s
                Spolier
                What Did Jack Mean 'i Wouldn't Be Here'!!!!!!!!!!!
                Did He Mean He Wouldn't Have Come Out Of Retirement,or He Would Have Retired For Sam And For Them To Be Togeteher.
                Did You See The Way He Slammed The Box Shut!!!!!!!!!
                I Did Not Enjoy The Way They Were Both Hurting But Why Did She Do That That At The End,what Made Her Make Up Her Mind???

Wynterxx
                ((((((((((((((((Wynterx))))))))))))))) Poor you, I couldn't stand being separated from my shipper family for 4 days too, expecially since the ep has just aired. I think you deserve an extra shipper courage medal just for that.

Spoiler:
                What Jack meant is something we try to find out at the moment, but because his line is so ambiguous all we can do is guess. We're also left guessing on why Sam had said yes. It did come pretty much out of the blue. My peronal favourite explanation is that she said it because of the adrenaline rush (finding Daniel alive), I don't think she could bury all her doubts and I'm pretty sure they will come back and haunt her (see the spoilers for Threads).

Estelle xxx

Comment

Originally posted by estelle
                  ((((((((((((((((Wynterx))))))))))))))) Poor you, I couldn't stand being separated from my shipper family for 4 days too, expecially since the ep has just aired. I think you deserve an extra shipper courage medal just for that.

Spoiler:
                  What Jack meant is something we try to find out at the moment, but because his line is so ambiguous all we can do is guess. We're also left guessing on why Sam had said yes. It did come pretty much out of the blue. My peronal favourite explanation is that she said it because of the adrenaline rush (finding Daniel alive), I don't think she could bury all her doubts and I'm pretty sure they will come back and haunt her (see the spoilers for Threads).

Estelle xxx
                  thank-you estelle for the hug i need it.I couldn't handle another 4 days away hopefully i won't,thanks for the offer of a shipper courage medal but i would just be grateful for pete to emigrate and sam be with jack

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Spoiler Space for

The more I read these posts and think about the whole issue (and it IS an issue) the more I like Waterfall's take on the whole Chimera thing. If you think over the shows we've seen him in, and I can't rewatch them so I'll just have to try to remember, he really isn't acting very "manly". Now don't scream and yell at me here. He just doesn't seem like the strong character one would expect from a cop. He is just way too easy going. He never challenges Sam. It really is as if she is thinking is the life she wants so that she can have her cake and eat it too. She can work at SGC with the love of her life, Jack, and she can have a warm and loving (gag) life outside of work. She'll never have to be alone. She'll never have any challenges about her work. It would be her perfect world. Not ours, obviously, but then no one ever asked us.
                    Desperate Thunker

Comment

SPOILER SPACE: (sorry, don't know how to hi-light in QR)

This is EXACTLY what the writers WANT from us.... TOTAL CONFUSION!! Is she talking about Charlie?? or Is she talking about her relationship to Jack?? Like I said, they are give us, the "shippers" the ride of our lives!! They play the music and use the camera angles to show the personal relationship between the characters and make the viewer (the shippers) think it is "love", but the situation and words can be something else. (They're messing with our minds) If you take the camera angles, the music, and facial expressions away, what do the words mean?? (You can't figure them out, right?? They don't really make much sense) They are keeping us in suspense, and the writers will continue to do so until the very last few minutes of the very last episode of the very last season. I have to say, I am very impressed with the idea that Pete could be an ailen image in Sam's mind. That makes me feel OH, SO MUCH better!! Not that Sam would be insane, but that she has been invaded with an ailen intity. Fifth came to my mind immediatly as well, except, we had not me him when she met Pete first, had we? I have a lot of thinking to do now.
                      SG-1 Dreamer

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                        And Jack was so darn good looking in this ep. Sam must have developed
                        poor vision to not see how sexy he is. Maybe she's gone insane?

Look at Potato Head
                        Look at Jack
                        Look at Potato Head
                        Look at Jack
                        How could anyone be confused?
                        All good shippers should chip in to get Sam's eyes tested.

Laughed out loud at this one.

So. Does Sam have PayPal?

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by estelle
                          I still don't think that the writers or the characters therefore referred to Jack's former family life with Charlie and Sara. Why would Sam bring up Charlie when she is discussing whether or not she should marry Pete. This doesn't make sense. Not when she wants to know how he feels about her, the proposal ... their complicated feelings for each other. I think she wanted him to tell her that a) there is no future for them so that she has his consent to marry Pete or b) for him to confess his love (again) and for them to talk about their future. I'm leaning towards a). I think she feels guilty for betraying Jack (because she *is* in love with *him*) and she wants for him to say it's okay (that she is together with someone else). Jack on the other hand doesn't want to give his okay, but doesn't want to lift the decision (because it is hers) off of her shoulders. He wants her to come to him, which in the situation Sam has gotten herself into is totally understandable. However what I don't get is IMHO Sam did ask for his opinion and feelings when she asked 'what about you'. My interpretation is that she asked -of course in disguise (cause they are on base)- 'what about *us*'. The only possible conclusion I came to is that he doesn't think that there is any hope for them and says that also disguised by his 'I wouldn't be here then'. It could mean that although he still cares for her he can't do anything about it and that if she doesn't want to wait, he won't 'force' her to.

Estelle xxx
                          I think you are dead on that Sam wants Jack to say it is ok for her to "get on with her life and let her go. I believe Jack wants Sam to come to him if she wants to, and he would not interfere with what she wants in her life. I have always felt Jack is really the gentleman in that way and would back off and let her be happy no matter what it takes, even though I KNOW he loves her very much. I only hope you are right.
                          Last edited by Leanna; 23 August 2004, 04:43 AM. Reason: typos
                          SG-1 Dreamer

Comment

Originally posted by MAJKawalsky
                            Spoiler:
                            Pete says thank you but "Duke the Hot Dog Guy" nods to Sam, not Pete. Just like in the warehouse takedown, the Special Ops guy reports to Sam that the building is empty and Pete says, "How can that be?", the Special Ops guy half-turns his head in Pete's direction but he is looking at another Special Ops soldier to Sam's right.

Both scenes are filmed such that you think that Pete is interacting with others but with the M. Night Shyamalan glasses you can see that nobody else acknowledges him.

Welcome to the "Pete as Chimera Camp"grounds. Pitch your tent anywhere.
                            Actually, the only thing I've noticed so far that might ruin all our fun is...
                            (spoilers for Chimera & Affinity)
                            Spoiler:
                            Why would he be shown alone talking to the FBI agent twice in Chimera if he's just an illusion? Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to accept almost any explanation for this for the sake of the "Pete is a Chimera" storyline (hey, it's sci-fi, and I like this idea too much to give up on it!), but it would be hard to explain away.

On the other hand, even if Pete isn't an illusion, there's got to be something up with this guy. When the FBI agent told Pete he should back off from Sam, Pete said, "It's not like I'm dating her!". Then, in Affinity, he's pushy about the engagement, IMO. He arranges a transfer to Colorado Springs, and then tells Sam about that before ever presenting the ring. And it was never even a question for him, it was just, "Here, I got you this." Talk about pressure. Whatever it is, there's something off about this guy.
                            Maria
                            "Love is the only game that is not called on account of darkness."
                            -- Anon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                              Spoilers for Threads
                              Spoiler:
                              I hope Kerry is a nice character and that I like her – for an episode. I certainly don’t mind watch RDA in a kissing scene although, with Laira I seriously had to do some blocking because I just could not STAND her at all!!! But in the end I’m happy that Kerry is going to see through Jack enough to know his heart is elsewhere. That makes her a good person in my book.

Originally posted by majorsal
                              spoilers for chimera, affinity, and threads - seasons 7 and 8

Here's a thought. Do you think that because Kerry sees Sam and Jack interact together, that's part of the reason she realizes that Jack's jonesing for Sam? And on that note; do you think that if Pete saw Sam and Jack interact, would he come to the same realization?

Sally
                              There's certainly a lot of fanfic that has already decieded he would.
                              Spoiler:
                              I think he would have to see them when they didn't know they were being watched. But now, it's unlikely he'll get that chance. I can't see Jack spending any more time with Sam than he absolutely has to as her CO. Pete's not going to get the same opportunity for comparison that Kerry does. I wonder if she will have already suspected something, so when Carter shows up in "Threads" she knows not only that her suspicions were right, but about who they were right about.

Bucky

Comment

Opinion spoilers for Affinity
                                Spoiler:
                                When Jack said, "I wouldn't be here" I think he was talking about Charlie but also about Sam. In other words, for a family he wouldn't be there. He wouldn't have joined SGC in the first place if Charlie were still alive and he would leave SGC today if he had Sam.

How's that for sitting on the fence?
                                Desperate Thunker

Comment

Working...
                                X