X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    spoilers. affinity. season 8

My gawd, there's so many levels to this scene between Sam and Jack! Everyone I read only gives me more food for thought. This scene rocks! - even though the ambiguity is nervewracking.

Sally
    I seem to be the only one with this idea, but
    Spoiler:
    when he said, "I wouldn't be here," I thought he was referring to the idea that having her there - in the military and in the field - had saved his life many times and he'd be dead if she hadn't been part of SG1 and the SGC. Therefore, what they'd given up all these years was worth the wait. Of course, he wouldn't have dreamed she wouldn't wait!

Poor baby . . .
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by MAJKawalsky
      Do your worst. She already knows. Besides, she calls me the "hubs"
      ROFLMAOOOOO Well She has special permission.....
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Elentarrii
        *shyly enters the room*

Hi, I've been reading for a while, finally decided to stop lurking. Anyway, couldn't sit through Friday, tried, managed to get through the first ten minutes and chickenned out. Did manage to catch the last five minutes when I turned the TV on for Atlantis and had NO desire to watch the second airing at 11. Too scared it would get worse. It seems like I missed a lot tho, and not all of it bad.

Anyone know where/how I can get the episode online?
        WELCOME Elentarrii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
          SPOILERS FOR AFFINITY

I haven't been able to get on since Thursday and there's no way I can catch up on the posts (there have been close to a 1,000, I think!), so I hope I'm not re-stating stuff that's been said a lot already.

reprinting here some of my thoughts on Affinity (from the Affinity thread):

Re S/J/P: first, they are still blowing it with Pete. Granted, I had major problems with his attitude and behavior in Chimera. If it didn't quite get to the level of stalking, he still behaved as an immature jerk, he definitely crossed a line and he was idiot (in almost messing up the op). Here, he's "nicer", but the flaws are still there--and based upon what TPTB have been saying, they aren't supposed to be. Notice he says that it's nice that she's the kind of women who understands how hard her job and her inability to tell him about it is *on him*. What about how hard it all might be--including his obvious continual unhappiness about being on the outside--on *her*? It's still all about him!

And oddly enough--and since we are supposed to be thinking of Pete positively, I'm sure they didn't mean to do this on purpose--look at Krista's attitude when Teal'c says he's leaving and that he can't tell her what it's all about or who he is. She accepts in a mature manner--just the way that men and women married/engaged to people in classified jobs accept this every day in RL. This a total contrast to Pete's attitude and behavior in Chimera, and just makes it look worse to me. Adult woman vs little boy.

Maybe their point is that we should excuse Pete because he isn't very bright. We've already mentioned the "messing up the op" stuff in Chimera, but look at his first scene in Affinity: he's in a public park, surrounded by people who could overhear, and he's going on about what she does! -10 IQ here.

Interesting, some of the people who claim to love Sam/Pete (insisting that they really love Pete and it has nothing to do with trying to wean Sam away from Jack. Nosirree.) have gone on record as saying that Jack isn't right for Sam because he isn't as smart as she is. Uh, and Pete is??? Not the way he's written!

The scene between Sam and Jack was really very shippy--and sets up a future ep perfectly IMO. They were totally miscommunicating. We saw in "Grace' that Sam wasn't still sure about Jack's feelings; she seemed to think they weren't their anymore. I think she was trying to get some idea of how he felt, but she went about it totally the wrong way. She indicated that she had doubts, but only because of the difficulties of mixing the job and marriage--riduculous when you think about it because, as Jack noted, there were married people in the SGC (remember Wells?). IMO, she still has plenty of doubts that Pete is the right man (heck, she held that ring for two weeks), but she didn't indicate that. I think Jack read what she was saying as that Pete had won and he had lost. When he gives his answer, she hears, "If I loved you, I wouldn't still be here", whereas, IMO, he's saying, "If I thought that I could be with you, I wouldn't still be here."

Well done scene and, as I said above, perfect lead in to later eps.

Yes, I've seen people claiming that this means that he still loves Sara, and that if he were still married to her and Charlie, he wouldn't be at the SGC. Oh, pshaw.
          (1) If he were still head-over-heels in love with Sara, he would have been happy that Sam had found someone, too. That was *not* a happy man in that scene (loved the way he snaps the box closed).

(2) Why would being married to Sara (and father to Charlie) mean he wouldn't be at the SGC? Jack was still on active duty when Charlie was killed; it was Charlie's death that led to his first retirement (at the start of the film). With his background, he would actually have been perfect for the SGC (though possibly he would not have been on the first trip through the gate; that might have changed). Who's to say he would not have joined anyway?

(3) In addition, when he *was* married and had a family, he was doing special ops/black ops, and this is not different in type from what he does for the SGC. He still cannot talk about his work, can still be called away at a moment's notice; he can be away for weeks or months, he can be captured (as he was) and imprisoned for months, he can be MIA or thought dead, he can come back wounded and he can't talk about it. And so on. Yet, he did all that while he had a marriage and a family. No reason why he couldn't be at the SGC and have a marriage and a family; to the outside world (ie, his family) it would look the same.

There's no question in my mind that he was referring to Sam and their situation. And his belief here that he has lost her is probably what leads him to consider Kerry at all in Threads.

And Pete *still* needs work!

J.
          Bravo!
          Ship Nana

Comment

Wif is pronounce 'whiff'. The second F is silent.

Oh, as in "hwif."

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
              Well, I definitely see your point about where RCC may be going with this. The phrase that bother me here is
              Spoiler:
              'even if they never consummate the relationship'. Gads! Just the thought makes me want to leave now and never go back.

I don't need them to get married--they're not anywhere near that point anyway. Heck, they can't even talk! You can't get married and not TALK!! It just doesn't work. But I really think they need to take the next step and start exploring a real relationship. Will the reality work? Now *that* would be interesting to see. Sam and Jack getting to know each other outside of work would be interesting because it would be totally new for both of them!

LOL. Easy there. I didn't mean that they wouldn't get together. I was thinking about Sam in her *current* state, not what would happen later. Get ready to cringe.
              Spoiler:
              Sam has had sex with Pete, but not with Jack. I think if she were asked which she'd want again: eight years of Jack but never being able to touch him or a lifelong marital relationship with Pete, that she would choose Jack. WHEN she realizes what her true choice would be, THEN she is going to choose Jack. And the spoilers for "Threads" suggest she might be choosing him even believing that he would be unavailable. But I think someone like Jacob is going to have to spell it out for her in these kind of terms before she will understand.

I'm hoping that after that things will roll on to a happy conclusion. Kisses. Consumation. The works.

I meant that I think that RCC is working toward that direction.

Sorry if I upset you. Stay calm. We will prevail.

I also think that shippers should be glad that RDA is not internet savvy and that JM is.

Bucky

Comment

does anyone here know what the 'reckoning' episodes are gonna be about?
                lilstarfire19

Comment

Originally posted by gatetime
                  I know that I am new but I watched it too. Can I have a medal too?
                  Of course!!! Here ya go!

SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Ship Nana
                  Lunar
                  Caty
                  Marimba
                  Tame
                  Mei Mei
                  Kri
                  Critter
                  LtLisa
                  TOKEN
                  Auralan
                  Melayna
                  Mad_Gater
                  WaterFall
                  Ship Sistah
                  Bucky
                  Michelleb
                  KiwiGater
                  Faith
                  Shinrai
                  ChevronSeven
                  Gatetime
                  Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                    Did anyone else think the camera angle foreshortened Jack's head making him look rather unJacklike? (but yummy anyway) IMO opinion RDA played it well, like when he put his hands down on the desk as if to gather himself.
                    I agree with you... I think he was in shock and was gathering his thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                      How is "wif" pronounced??????
                      like *sniff*

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                        Oh Bucky! I think you have put your finger on it exactly!!!!!!!!!

Everything you said in your spoiler is absolutely the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
                        I hope Jacob is the one to see thru the front that Sam has put up and help her realize that she doesn't want 2nd best. He needs to take her by the shoulders and shake some sense into that daughter of his. And I certainly hope that he doesn't die. I really like Jacob/Selmac.

Thank you ShipNana! (I think I must be the other Nana on the list! ) And I agree. Jacob is the key.

Bucky (who went from lurker to poster just because of "Affinity." Some things we just have to work out on paper in order to make sense of them--or try to anyway.)

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          *note to my fellow shippers. and any mods here. I hope it's alright with everyone if I don't use the invisible spoilers thinger? If it's alright, I'm just going to use the regular spoiler space warning. If I'm not allowed to use this, I hope a mod will come around and tell me otherwise*

Spoilers for S8's Affinity and Threads

I'm going to take a guess here, but I think she went ahead and said yes because: a- she really likes PS and thinks she'll have a nice life with him, b- she's still not sure how Jack feels about her, c- she's feeling the pressure of society and herself to settle down *might feel time's running out to have children*, and d- combos of the above that make her feel like this is the best she'll get.

I think Jack needs to give her some clues here. She's tried to talk to him, but he keeps interrupting her and stopping her. I feel her confiding in Jack about PS's proposal was not just her wanting advise from a friend, but also wanting to stir a reaction out of him. If I were Sam, I'd see that he wasn't thrilled with this news, but would I think he was in love with me? Not really. And that's what she needs, really, really needs to know before she could even begin to imagine changing her life to be with him. I think we see more love for her from Jack than she sees sometimes. I really think Sam's going through a life crisis that's making her reevaluate her personal life and want to make some changes.

As much as I enjoy seeing this aspect of Sam being played, I'm not enjoying it being played via a boyfriend. I'd rather it be played through Jack. *duh*

I'm actually glad that Jack's going to have a girlfriend, because I think it'll stir a reaction in her that'll scare the heck out of her. She thought Jack would always be there -as a potential lover- but I think seeing Jack with Kerry will make her realize that he's just as capable of moving on as she is. Or trying at least.

You might ask why I'm mellowing on this boyfriend issue? Because I have no choice -except to stop watching- and after seeing Affinity, I see where they're going. Sam showed SO many doubts in the ep that it's made this whole storyline much easier for me to take. When PS showed her the ring, she was stunned. She went into a diatribe about society's pressures to get a mate *and this was after he gave her the ring*. She took over two weeks to answer him. She tried to get advise *and a reaction* from Jack. She told PS she still needed more time. And THE biggest, her accepting -saying yes- was very subdued.

So adding all this together, I guess you could say I've reached a peace within myself with this whole storyline. And all because I saw Sam's true feelings slipping out. I'll never love this storyline -or even like it really- but I can watch it, and with relief, because I feel they're moving towards a Sam/Jack shippy resolution. *ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease*

Sally
                          Sally it is ok....I too have been resigned to this storyline because there really is no choice......so I am with you and I am chanting to
                          pleaseohpleaseohpleasepleaseohpleaseohpleasepleaseohpleaseohplease

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                            Of course!!! Here ya go!

SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Ship Nana
                            Lunar
                            Caty
                            Marimba
                            Tame
                            Mei Mei
                            Kri
                            Critter
                            LtLisa
                            TOKEN
                            Auralan
                            Melayna
                            Mad_Gater
                            WaterFall
                            Ship Sistah
                            Bucky
                            Michelleb
                            KiwiGater
                            Faith
                            Shinrai
                            ChevronSeven
                            Gatetime
                            Gatetrixer
                            I need a medal 'cause I heard Sam say "yes" 5 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Karibou
                              Yes!
                              Spoiler:

Jack needs to step up to the plate. The Threads spoilers refer to Jack and Kerry having issues due to Jack's reluctance -- he's holding back. And, of course, we all know Carter is the reason. The same spoilers also elude to Sam's difficulties with Pete and her engagement. Again, no mystery as to the reason for that! I do SINCERELY hope this is all just one big (somewhat mean!) way of bringing the ship into the forefront. I mean, TPTB were a little limited in their choices in how to do this. Can't go with the traditional, "I never knew I loved you until I almost lost you" approach, because Jack and Sam have each almost lost the other, what, a hundred times? So, making a love triangle (or quadrange, with Kerry, I suppose) is the next reasonable approach. *fingers crossed!*
                              all we can do is hope this won't get any more convoluted than it already is

Comment

spoilers for s8's chimera and s8's affinity

Pete as a figament of Sam's imagination "fixes" a lot of problems with Sam's reactions. Her unconscience mind is playing tricks on her (or maybe alien influence left over from "Grace".

That gave me the shivers. What about everytime that Sam goes/has gone to Pete, it's because of a kind of rejection from Jack? If this were the case, then I can think of so many scenes to support this. Man, this would so rock!

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X