This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((((((((((((Michelle)))))))))))))

Absolutely adore your latest fic. It's so beautifully written and just ahhhh.
    Keep 'em coming.

Estelle xxx
    *gotta go, I've over a hundred of posts I have to catch up on*
    Abu: This is a woman?
    O'Neill: Oh, yeah.

Carter: Err. Colonel?
    O'Neill: It's my side arm, I swear.

Jack: I don't get it. I mean, how can she make kids without a... man friend?
    Malek: The Queen is able to reproduce asexually.
    Jack: Is that why you guys took hosts?

Jack: Oooo... did anyone else feel that?
    Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.
    Jack: No I *like* it.

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
      LMAO!!! Funny, I go to bed and three minutes later, you show up! How's that for timing?
      Proper planning ....aww I am just teasin you know I love ya!!!!!
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
        Here's a little something to cheer y'all up. It's a music video Lena and I made. The song is "Accidentally in Love" by Counting Crows. Maybe it helps to bring back our mojo. Here's the link:

http://harrys-place.de/accidentally/links.htm
        I am unable to access the video...

Coffee Girl Has resolved my problem!!!!!! and I grinned like an idiot all through this ....How fun !!! If I could just sit and watch them having fun I would be so HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!
        Last edited by TameFarrar; 22 August 2004, 11:52 AM.
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
          EXACTLY! I liked the angst (well, for a bit) but at least they resolved itin ONE (?!? yeah, it CAN be done) season).

hey, don't I get a medal? I watched A$$inity...and then rewatched the bad scenes to see what doubt showing body language I missed...

back to shippy episodes (since we only got through Grace last night...)
          SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Ship Nana
          Lunar
          Caty
          Marimba
          Tame
          Mei Mei
          Kri
          Critter
          LtLisa
          TOKEN
          Auralan
          Melayna
          Mad_Gater
          WaterFall
          Ship Sistah
          Bucky
          Courtesty of Ship Nana....I swiped it from her to add names
          Last edited by TameFarrar; 22 August 2004, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
            Uh, I don't know how you could blame Pete for that, Tame. Aren't your twins in high school now...

Oh, what the heck! Blame him anyway!
            Well yes........and they turn 18 in December.........But there has to be some way

Marimba is trying to find a way to blame the Black Plague on him

Comment

I'm going to watch A$$inity tomorrow, when I have access to Broadband.

I start back at school tomorrow, so I won't be on as often . Just thought I'd let everyone know.
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Midlife Crisis? Gads, I hope so! Personally, I wish she'd just gotten a nice screaming yellow sports car (my dad's midlife crisis)
                Personally I would have went for something in a *Candy Apple Red*......

Comment

Yeah, maybe they should hire some of the FF writers!! While it's true what you said about women being harder on their own sex, I don't envision female writers voluntarily making Sam go from strong, independent woman to doormat in two small steps! I'm sure that there are women writers who write doormats but I just can't imagine a woman writing a scenario where it's okay for a strong independent woman to accept stalking as normal behavior. I know that I wouldn't accept stalking as normal behavior!!!!!! That comment from Friday night single-handedly set the women of Stargate back YEARS and personally I'm extremely offended that tey would blow off such a serious issue--goes to show you why they need to hire a few female writers. Then maybe they could keep a little perspective! *steps down from soapbox*
                  VERY VERY true....A woman would not have flutuated like the present writers have (at least I HOPE not)

I know that TPTB *Think* they are conveying something but unfortunatly it did not come across and I am goning to give the benefit of the doubt and blame bad editing.

Sam's attitude and beliefs contradicted each other completely within this episode and I would bet money NOT ONE of the TPTB even noticed it
                  Last edited by TameFarrar; 22 August 2004, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Is it just me or is it all about Sam a lot lately?
                    Spoiler:
                    Seems like everytime she's with Jack it's all about her. I think Jack has been unselfish with her the whole time and she doesn't seem to recognize it. He'd give it all up for her if she just said the word and I think if she didn't take that away from their convo in Affinity then she's not as smart as I thought!
                    You know when you really think about it.....Sam REALLY does make it *all about her* Jack just listens patiently....

Grace - he wasn't REALLY there so thats out
                    But in any other episode Jack just listens as Sam prattles on about her needs , her wants , her desires. We NEVER hear her ask about Jack UNTIL NOW and THAT is AFTER
                    Spoiler:
                    she hands him a ring she has been given from another man - oh yeah THAT is going to inspire Jack to pour out his heart

Do the writers EVER venture out into the REAL WORLD????

Comment

I agree with you both.

SG1's turned into the Sam Carter show. Even that whole promotion scene in New Order! Jack just became a General, and got command of the entire base, yet that whole promotion ceremony was about Sam.
                      Jack's got less to do in the show now for obvious reasons, and Daniel IMHO has even less than that.
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
                        Spoilers continue:

We seem to be on the same page about this scene, Sally. I suspect Sam’s diatribe was the speech AT didn’t want to say. *IF* so, (big IF—I could be way off) I think I’m beginning to see where Cooper is going with this. I didn’t hear Sam saying all women would do anything to get married. To me it sounded like she was complaining that one the one hand SOCIETY pushes single people to pair off, but on the other hand SOCIETY insists they pair off with ‘ideal romantic partners.’ So I heard her saying she didn’t necessarily want to marry anybody. And that for sure, Pete is not her ideal romantic partner. To me it meant she had to talk herself into settling—first into accepting the idea that if she was going ‘have a life’--which seems to mean a family—Pete is the only one who meets all the necessary criteria: he loves her, he knows about her work and is okay with it, he’s available without any problem with regulations. She does like him. She’s convinced herself that’s enough.

I’m with you in seeing that subdued acceptance as meaning that she’s happy about making a decision, not that she’s in love.

I’m wondering, though, if Jacob will have a say in this.

Spoilers for “Threads” and “Grace”
                        Spoiler:
                        While aboard the Prometheus, Sam’s hallucination of Jacob told her that he wanted her to experience the love he had shared with her mother. I think that’s probably an accurate assessment of what the real Jacob would say. But even if he says, as rumored, that he’s sorry he won’t be at her wedding, I think at some point he will say something that will get her to acknowledge that what she has with Pete is ‘nice’ but not what he meant. Jacob said that even knowing his wife would die fairly young, even knowing he would suffer such grief from her death, he would do it all over again to be with her. I can’t see Sam saying that about being with Pete. I can see her saying that about being with Jack—even if they never get to consummate their relationship. If Jacob or anyone forces her to think about it, I think she’ll say that she wouldn’t give up the past eight years even if she knew going in what would happen. And from there, I think if pushed, she would choose eight traumatic years of Jack—even as only her commanding officer—over a future of mild bliss with Pete. And when she realizes that, she’ll know what kind of mistake she’s made.

Bucky
                        From your fingers to the TPTB EYES!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                          OK, call me dense, but when I go to look at the t-shirts on Cafe Press all I see is the ones with Shipper town on them, and as much as I love Shipper town from what some of you have been saying there are more options (with the cookie list) and I can't find them Can anyone help me??
                          SHip Sistah said to click on more news or More information and it will take you to the next page.....she said there are like 10 pages

I hope that is right......if not someone else in the Family will set us both straight

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                            You know when you really think about it.....Sam REALLY does make it *all about her* Jack just listens patiently....

Grace - he wasn't REALLY there so thats out
                            But in any other episode Jack just listens as Sam prattles on about her needs , her wants , her desires. We NEVER hear her ask about Jack UNTIL NOW and THAT is AFTER
                            Spoiler:
                            she hands him a ring she has been given from another man - oh yeah THAT is going to inspire Jack to pour out his heart

Do the writers EVER venture out into the REAL WORLD????
                            Spoiler:

You know - and I haven't read all the previous posts yet - I think the problem with Jack not talking or just listening to Sam's 'prattles' is because if he really would talk about his feelings and desires she wouldn't be with Pete anymore. If he'd have said/asked ... I dunno ... done something, the writers would have had a pretty hard time explaining the whole Pete storyline (without pissing us shippers off that is). This way it's much easier for them. They make Jack the typical male character who doesn't speak about his feelings (or lets them show for that matter) but who hides behind them and who follows regulations (which is a very mature and good thing BTW, at least in MHO).
                            As I said over at the S/J list, I liked the ep, especially because I know what will happen in Threads. Sure, it has it's flaws (did she really had to say 'Yes' three times in a row) but I'm still positive that we'll get our happy ending. This way the writers just can put it out a little bit longer, but in my eyes it's inevitable. She wouldn't have said yes if it weren't for Jack being off-limits.

Estelle, done with the rant
                            Abu: This is a woman?
                            O'Neill: Oh, yeah.

Carter: Err. Colonel?
                            O'Neill: It's my side arm, I swear.

Jack: I don't get it. I mean, how can she make kids without a... man friend?
                            Malek: The Queen is able to reproduce asexually.
                            Jack: Is that why you guys took hosts?

Jack: Oooo... did anyone else feel that?
                            Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.
                            Jack: No I *like* it.

Comment

Here is for all the sam and jack shipper gang ...(((((To All)))))

Caty's new Sam and Jack video 56, with spoilers season 8

"The one" backstreet boys.....Jack'll be the one , He'll be the light where Sam can run to make it alright.[

The link is in my sig.

Enjoy

Caty aka Shipdiva

Comment

First of all, thanks for all the feedback, mails and messages we got so far. They really mean a lot to us. Glad to know that the video cheered so many people up. Some of you couldn't access the page. Try this one:

http://harrys-place.de/accidentally/links.htm

It links directly to the page where the videos are, maybe it's just the index site that's not working (although it's working fine on both Lena's and my PC).

Just for the record, the index site is: http://harrys-place.de/accidentally/index.htm

If all else fails, I might have to try giving you the direkt links to both video files, but that's my last option. Let me know if the above links work.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                                it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                                It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                                And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Working...
                                X