X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
    RE: S8 “Affinity”

That truck/kiss picture we speculated about...
    Spoiler:

Why the heck would you tell him yes at that time? Why not wait til evening over dinner?

They got our hopes up just the slightest wee bit that she might just keep him on a holding pattern the rest of S8...

AND the butt rub towards the end of the kiss??!!! I know someone else had to catch it...it wasn't a figment of my imagination!

THIS is Stargate FCOL! Not a durn soap opera!
    Well didn't you get the memo? The new name has yet to be decided but I've heard some really catchy ones...

Gate, what Gate? We don't need to no stinking Gate when we've got
    Spoiler:
    Sam and Pete sucking face and acting totally unprofessionally! Don't remember even SEEING the gate in the stupid ep! This is exactly the kind of soap opera BS that some folks are always accusing Sam and Jack of causing! Well, I guess they were wrong, it's not Sam and Jack, it's Sam and PETE!
    Gads, I think I've worked myself into a lather (again!). That's what they get for letting me out of the JM shipper rehab commune too soon!
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Oh I just watched some of these videos and now I am boohooing.

www.marimba26.com/JackandSamAlways
      My website

O'Neill: "Since when has plan A ever worked?" Evolution [part I]

Comment

Originally posted by cc_mac
        LOL, Sally, I just spotted the picture in your signature.... I'm sending you the cleaning bill for my monitor!
        Diet Coke everywhere
        Where is that pic from?
        I hadn't noticed until this post so of course I had to go look! Sally, that is hilarious!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Karibou
          Spoiler:

Oh yeah, the picture of Jack with Pete's ring in his hand will definitley be marked in my psyche for a loooooong time. AAAARGH!! I feel like TPTB are building a huge card castle. It's like Sam won't admit to Jack how she feels, and vice-versa, because of all that duty and honor crap. But, don't you think that if just ONE of them said, "I really want this with you," they'd both break like wet paper bags?? Also not looking forward to the woman alluded to in the threads spoilers. Bad enough we have to watch ONE of them with someone else. Must we see BOTH??
          Spoiler:
          Well, after watching her rip his heart out in Affinity, bring on the girlfriend. Hey, why not? They've screwed this up so much already, one more complication won't add too much, right? Gads I feel like I've been watching soaps--and I quit watching those when I was 15!!!!! (And yes, that was a long time ago!)

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
            My answer to the Question : What did Jack Mean in the Lab in *Affinity*
            Spoiler:

When Jack paused and then answered the the question .. HE was looking RIGHT AT SAM - and she flinched. Then Jack looked down at the ring.
            so to me he was saying I would not be in this position. I would not be General Jack O'Neill. I don't think he meant not here in the literal sense.
            I think Jack meant he wouldn't be in the *position* he was finding himself in at that moment - listening to the woman he loved tell him ANOTHER MAN had asked her to marry him.

The way Jack looked at Sam and her reactions made me think this is how it was being conveyed and how she was taking it. But that neither of them saw a way out of it.

I also see it as a lead in to Threads - Jack has shown her that he DOES want her but they both feel there is no way - so it will take an outsider to SHOW them there is a way.

Ok so that is my story and I am sticking to it
            Hey Tame. Here are my theories on what Jack meant:
            Spoiler:
            1. "If my son hadn't of killed himself with my gun, I never would have gone through the Stargate in the first place and would be happily living in retirement with Sarah."
            2. "We would be married by now and I would be happily living in retirement with you."
            3. "If we hadn't gotten our memories back when we were "Beneath the Surface", I would be happily living in a working retirement with Therra"
            4. "If you hadn't have rescued me from Edora, I would be happily living in retirement with Laira."
            5. "If we hadn't have figured out the nanites on Argos, I'd be dead but would have had several happy days in retirement with Kynthia."
            Major Kawalsky
            I've clawed my way from Mature to Fodder! WOOHOO!
            U.S. Stargate Command

Comment

Hello everyone. Heaps of asprin for all the hangovers.

I have just watched Insanity for the 2nd time due to interuption from my daughter and I haven't read any other replies yet so if this has been mentioned I apologise.
              Spoiler:
              What is Sam doing in her lab in the wee hours of the morning if she is truely happy and wants to spend time with .

Just my thoughts....

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                Once again it's an episode written by MEN! Need I say more?
                That about sums it up Shipnana!! No offense shipper guys, you obviously have a clue or you wouldn't be here! I'm tired of stupid PTB men writing Sam as a wishy-washy, passive aggressive FLAKE! Okay, I have no idea where *that* came from but I think I've got it out of my system for now (I hope, at least). Seriously though, these men have no idea how to write women. Sam has gone downhill since Chernobyl and don't even get me started on
                Spoiler:
                Krista! Can we say DOORMAT?!!! If this is the way Sam is going, I'm scared!

Was going through my DVDs the other day and noticed that there were two or three women who wrote for Stargate in the early seasons, what happened to them? And why won't they hire more women? Especially when it seems like they have a LARGE female audience! It doesn't make sense!

Comment

Hey everyone!! Guess the reaction to last night's episode still hasn't changed - not that I'm surprised. I'm a little more mellow today. I watched it again this morning and......

S
                  p
                  o
                  i
                  l
                  e
                  r
                  s
                  p
                  a
                  c
                  e
                  Cause I can't do the white one......

It still absolutely rips my heart out when she hands him that ring box. I just want to cry for him. His eyes are just....ugh....he's just broken. Can't take it! But I am really glad that she seems so skittish about it. Not like a woman in love. I think that this will turn out allright though. I'm not the teeniest bit worried...seriously!! The feelings are still there - they're just too dang stupid and scared to admit it!

Mala, I loved the screen caps!! Made me tear up again!!! Going to d/l Marimba's vid now.

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                    see, PTB??? even the little shippers are crying!!!! poor little shippers, how can you do that to those little, helpless, fragile shippers. can't you just see the tears well up in their big eyes?

(sorry, jules, i'm not making fun of you, really, i just had this image of a little shipper, like the cat in Shrek 2...i'm not saying you're like that, it's just i have a twisted way with language...i'll go now)
                    LoL! hey, whatever will make 'em listen!!!

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
                    Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

Let's see. How many movies did "Insamnity" rip off?

Spoiler:

1. "Shaft".

2. "Saturday Night Fever". The white suit that Teal'c wears in the teaser is classic Tony Manero.

3. "Another Karate Kid". Kristen even LOOKS like the girl from the fourth film.

4. "The Sixth Sense". Nobody is acknowledging Peat's existance. Except Sam.
                      Last edited by MAJKawalsky; 21 August 2004, 08:21 PM.
                      Major Kawalsky
                      I've clawed my way from Mature to Fodder! WOOHOO!
                      U.S. Stargate Command

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                        Spoiler:
                        Well, after watching her rip his heart out in Affinity, bring on the girlfriend. Hey, why not? They've screwed this up so much already, one more complication won't add too much, right? Gads I feel like I've been watching soaps--and I quit watching those when I was 15!!!!! (And yes, that was a long time ago!)
                        Spoilers for Threads
                        Spoiler:
                        I hope Kerry is a nice character, and that I like her - for an episode. I certainly don't mind watching RDA in a kissing scene (although with Laira, I seriously had to do some blocking because I just could not STAND her at all!) But in the end, I am happy that Kerry is going to see through Jack enough to know his heart is elsewhere. That makes her a good person in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                          Hey everyone!! Guess the reaction to last night's episode still hasn't changed - not that I'm surprised. I'm a little more mellow today. I watched it again this morning and......

S
                          p
                          o
                          i
                          l
                          e
                          r
                          s
                          p
                          a
                          c
                          e
                          Cause I can't do the white one......

It still absolutely rips my heart out when she hands him that ring box. I just want to cry for him. His eyes are just....ugh....he's just broken. Can't take it! But I am really glad that she seems so skittish about it. Not like a woman in love. I think that this will turn out allright though. I'm not the teeniest bit worried...seriously!! The feelings are still there - they're just too dang stupid and scared to admit it!
                          Spoiler:
                          The good thing in that scene is that Jack recognized that she was iffy about the whole thing. When Sam said she had had the ring for 2 weeks, his face and demeanor totally changed. It was like HE knew she was settling. That is why I don't think his comment "I wouldn't be here!" was necessarily about Charlie. I think it might have had more to do with him possibly having had retired if he and Sam had gotten together.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                            My answer to the Question : What did Jack Mean in the Lab in *Affinity*
                            Spoiler:

When Jack paused and then answered the the question .. HE was looking RIGHT AT SAM - and she flinched. Then Jack looked down at the ring.
                            so to me he was saying I would not be in this position. I would not be General Jack O'Neill. I don't think he meant not here in the literal sense.
                            I think Jack meant he wouldn't be in the *position* he was finding himself in at that moment - listening to the woman he loved tell him ANOTHER MAN had asked her to marry him.

The way Jack looked at Sam and her reactions made me think this is how it was being conveyed and how she was taking it. But that neither of them saw a way out of it.

I also see it as a lead in to Threads - Jack has shown her that he DOES want her but they both feel there is no way - so it will take an outsider to SHOW them there is a way.

Ok so that is my story and I am sticking to it
                            Oooh, I really like this interpretation, too. It fits, especially the way the line was delivered.
                            Maria
                            "Love is the only game that is not called on account of darkness."
                            -- Anon.

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                              ok, i just watched affinity. i haven't read anyone else's spoilers yet, so apologies if i repeat what anyone else said.

Spoiler:
                              [snip]
                              when he snapped the box shut, and put it down on the desk, it was like he was snapping up his whole relationship with sam, and pushing it away.
                              Spoiler:
                              heartbreaking

Spoiler:
                              now for the bit that gives me the faintest glimmer of hope.
                              sam says 'what about you? if things had been different..'
                              jack says 'i wouldn't be here'
                              my interpretation of that is that he would have resigned for her. and the look in their eyes, they are so saying they love each other with their eyes, and i swear, he's saying he'd quit for her
                              Spoiler:
                              I agree with everything you posted (especially the wretching comment) except for this. I think if Jack had really said he would have resigned for her-- then he would have! Right there and then. If he was confessing he'd quit for her because he loved her so much then our ship would have come in. IMHO, he was talking about if he still had a family, he wouldn't be at the SGC (although, does this mean he wasn't doing his special ops stuff while he was married?). In his mind, there is no conflict about priorities-- unlike Sam.

Spoiler:
                              ..and then SHE STILL GOES AND SAYS YES!!. i don't hate her, but i'm disappointed in her.
                              I admit to cursing her.

Spoiler:
                              and i'd quit watching if it wasn't for that one scene. but i can't help feeling they're slipping in these little scenes to keep the shipper's hanging on, but continuing with the pete/sam storyline for a little longer. i'll continue watching it, but i'm not going to be enjoying the ship storyline until i know, one way or the other, what we're going to get.
                              shippers aren't meant to enjoy this storyline and for some reason TPTB think that's okay.

Spoiler:

but frankly, 99% of the sam/pete/jack stuff in this made me want to puke (and not just cos i ate an entire jar of peanut butter). on the other hand, i really loved the teal'c/daniel storyline...teal'c being a fan of changing rooms, and daniel still going non-verbal and big grins and puff and ruffle when a beautiful girl walks into the room

well, to quote daniel 'that just happens to be my opnion. what do you think?'
                              LOL with the puff and ruffle stuff. Total cringing, vomit-inducing stuff last night. But hopefully that was the worst of it and it gets easier and better from here.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                                OK, to be polite, I'm adding SPOILER SPACE.....
                                Well, Mala, you have, as always, graphically hit the nail on the head!!! Kudos!!! I'd be a lot louder about my gushing if it weren't so true (and very sad)

Comment

Working...
                                X