Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michelle -- Read your last ultra-sad fanfic! Thanks for making me cry, you big weenie! LOL!! My computer has been goofy, so I'm not sure if I left you reviews or not, but your writing is awesome. I'd love it if you read mine someday. (link is in my siggy.)
    -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
      Ship Sistah!! I can't believe how much stuff there is! Its amazing I'm definately having the shipper town mouse pad and poster And i'm considering having one of the Cookie Tote Bags and I like the mug!! I think i'm going to have to spend a few months saving up so I can buy everything!
      They're not going anywhere-- no rush. Just enjoy!

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm semi-new here. I've been reading the thread for a couple weeks and finally decided to register and toss my 2 cents in. I love this thread, by the way, I'm completely addicted. However, I don't quite have the hang of this message board, so I'll apologize in advance for any goofy posting mishaps.

My thoughts regarding Jack's answer to Sam (hope this spoiler thing works)...
        Spoiler:
        When I first watched the episode, I thought Jack meant that if they had persued a relationship instead of staying together as a team he would probably be dead, considering all the times Jack has been saved by one of Sam's brilliant ideas, not to mention a few times when he only bothered to save himself because she asked him to. Along this same line, it's interesting to note that both of the AR Jacks ended up with Sam, but they also both ended up dead. I guess I can see how somebody might interpret Sam's question to be about Charlie, but the actors didn't really play the scene that way, in my opinion. I like the idea that his answer meant he would retire for her, though, I hadn't thought about that.
        Maria
        "Love is the only game that is not called on account of darkness."
        -- Anon.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          Good morning everyone. How are all of the hangovers?

I've read as many spoilers as I can get a hold of, and here's my humble musings.

Spoiler:

I don't think we've got too much to worry about. Sam was obviously agonising over the decision from what I've read, and with that screen cap that someone posted (you have to forgive me - I terrible with names!), she can see how upset Jack is with PS's proposal. From what I've seen of the transcripts, I don't think that Pete's as bad as we first though. If there's one person I'm angry with is Sam. Not only is she ripping out Jack's heart (again), but she's going to string along PS and Jacob (because of all of the threads stuff). Sam really needs to get her act together.
          I'm not angry at AT, because she had serious doubts about this episode. I'm just annoyed with TPTB, because they're mucking us around big time.
          Just my ramblings.
          I don't think most of us are worried about the future, we're just disgusted with present.
          Spoiler:
          And, hello, why did she bring the ring to work?

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Welcome Shinrai. I mostly lurk--although "Affinity" has got me posting as well. As for your comments: I didn't think of that!
            Spoiler:
            I was taking it very shippy--that if he had had a chance for a family with Sam, he wouldn't be at the SGC. However, others have said they thought it referred to Charlie--ie if Charlie had lived, he'd still be married to Sara--and would never have gone on the first mission. And now your version. I think tptb were being intensionally ambiguous.

And to a couple of others:

Originally posted by Kri
            Sorry! I haven't had time to read all the posts since last night. I just wanted to throw in my two cents before the discussion got old.

Glad I am not alone in many of my thoughts!
            *I’m* sorry. I didn’t mean to imply that you should—I was agreeing with you, but just too lazy to say it all again.

Marimba Wonderful video.

Wow.

Bucky

Comment

I had a dream last night that I would came on here tonight & when I read everyones reports it turned out TPTB were just having a laugh & there was no proposal, Affinity was just about Teal'c....

Spoilers for Affinity
              Spoiler:
              The scene with Jack sounds really shippy, but I don't know if I'll be able to stand seeing him so cut up about it...I'm almost crying looking at the screencaps!
              Spoiler:

I suppose that line about society and wanting ideal romance or whatever it was, was the one AT meant when she said she didn't think it was something Sam would say. A lot of people seem to be unhappy with that because it makes it sound like all women are desperate to get married...that attitude really annoys me, especially if it's coming from someone like Sam.

By the sound of it, I think I'll watch the end with my eyes closed...

Definitly not happy with that stalker line, it seems to be a dig at anyone who thought Pete was wrong to do what he did, shipper or not. I do like Pete as a character, if not as a bf, but that was a serious lack of moral judgement on his part and it shouldn't be taken so lightly by TPTB. But that's just IMHO.

Having said all that, I am looking forward to seeing Teal'c in the 'real world', and reports of how thunkable the men of Stargate were looking in this ep don't hurt either

Comment

My answer to the Question : What did Jack Mean in the Lab in *Affinity*
                Spoiler:

When Jack paused and then answered the the question .. HE was looking RIGHT AT SAM - and she flinched. Then Jack looked down at the ring.
                so to me he was saying I would not be in this position. I would not be General Jack O'Neill. I don't think he meant not here in the literal sense.
                I think Jack meant he wouldn't be in the *position* he was finding himself in at that moment - listening to the woman he loved tell him ANOTHER MAN had asked her to marry him.

The way Jack looked at Sam and her reactions made me think this is how it was being conveyed and how she was taking it. But that neither of them saw a way out of it.

I also see it as a lead in to Threads - Jack has shown her that he DOES want her but they both feel there is no way - so it will take an outsider to SHOW them there is a way.

Ok so that is my story and I am sticking to it
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                  Hi all! Still in one piece? This is a drive-by posting because I've got like 20 pages to catch up on and it'll be a while...

Just here to post the new vid--

"At This Moment" by Billy Vera and Beaters
                  Marimba, You know I love you so don't take this wrong!

BUT YOU ARE COMPLETELY EVIL!!!

Here I am trying to catch up on all the poor broken shipper hearts on the thread and I come across this announce! I thought I was going to cry when I saw the title of the song!

Then I had to get up from my nice comfy spot on the bed, where I had the lappy in the perfect postion, cigs and ash tray handy, coffee nearby, step over two dogs, and search house (reminding myself that I have neglected cleaning it so far this weekend) for box of kleenix while the slow a** dial up takes it sweet time d/l.

I am now back in my nice comfy spot waiting for the d/l to finish with roll of toliet paper (reminding myself that I have neglected shopping so far this weekend) ready to weep over your latest!

After watching the "ep" and seeing the title of the song, I may need to go get another roll of tp.

Evil, EVIL Woman!!!

(You know Mei Mei really does love you!!)

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                    That was a great episode Tonight.Not
                    Spoiler:
                    Sam took 2 weeks to answer Pete's proposal.If that is not Love I do not know what is.I guess since Pete helped Sam find Daniel that was enough for Sam to say Yes.I guess if you want an expert Stalker and you need to find someone who better than Pete.I was hoping Sam would go to Jack and talk about Pete but once again it's Jack that has to make the move.I should have know better.When Sam and Jack get together it is going to be up to Jack to make it happen.I want the Sam back from Season 1 and Season 2.I hate to say this but after tonight the Sam character has a long way to go as far a building back trust with the fans.I hope TPTB are proud of there work.
                    Gads, I can not tell you how much I agree with this sentiment. I mistakenly thought that this ep was about
                    Spoiler:
                    Teal'c but I guess the joke is on me. And as far as Sam goes, that's exactly where I am with her. I hate the way they have turned her into the wishy-washy codependent person that the Sam-bashers have always accused her of being over Jack. Jack never made her that way, Pete did. TPTB have made everyone's worst nightmares come true with the ep. Even the pro Sam/Pete people have given up. Amazing how you can pi$$ so many people off by trying to please everyone.

As for the scene with Sam and Jack, I just cringed watching her rip his heart out. The pain on his face was tangible. She even flinched when he said that he wouldn't be there. She knew how much she would hurt him by accepting Pete and she did it any way. Then that whole diatribe about romantic ideas...how pathetic. Okay, I can't have the guy I really love so instead of Mr. Right, I'll just go with Mr. Right Now. I'd rather be shacked up with second best than wait for the one. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
                    Sorry guys, it's gonna take a while for me to get that mojo back... Give me unas eps any day over this ep. In fact, I'd watch a whole season of unas before watching this ep again.
                    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Karibou
                      Okay, just rewatched A$$inity.

Spoiler:

but I would be beyond disappointed if they REALLY kept Sam and pete together. Not sure I'd really want to watch. I think I'd be too heartbroken for Jack.
                      More spoilers for Affinity and for Threads
                      Spoiler:
                      I can't imagine TPTB keeping Sam and Pete together, when they have already said that Kerry realizes that Jack is in love with someone else. If Kerry confronts Jack about his feelings for someone else, don't you think it would be stupid to end the show with Jack pining for Sam, and Sam still with Pete? It wouldn't make any sense. Just my two cents!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                        Spoiler:
                        It definitely had more S/J ship than I ever expected. But to do this to Sam's character was a disgrace. She had to think about saying "yes" to the "man she love" for well over 2 weeks? If you love someone and want to be with them you don't have to think about it for 2 freakin weeks.

She had so many doubts that it took her that long to get thru them. Then she just says "yes" out of nowhere. FCOL!!!
                        Spoiler:
                        Well, I know I sure as heck don't think it would take me two WEEKS! Heck, it didn't take two MINUTES for me!! Of course we all know it's because she doesn't really love him, she's just settling. Unfortunately, that knowledge did not make the torture that was that episode any easier.
                        Well, at least it's over now and we survived (if we all did--still there, everyone?). Now on to Threads.

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                          They're not going anywhere-- no rush. Just enjoy!

ship sistah
                          OMG, this is too much fun! Does the Shipper Town poster actually have our names in the Points of Interest where Mala mentioned us before? And is any of this stuff getting sent to the studio? You guys are hilarious! I love it!

Also, are more products going to become available?

Comment

Originally posted by Karibou
                            Thanks for the welcome, I'm glad to be here. Always been and SG-1 fan, and a Shipper, but only became truly obsessed when doing 8 weeks of hospitalized bedrest at the end of my pregnancy with twins. Now, I'm afraid, I'm a neurotic addict. So glad to be somewhere that everyone else is as nutty as I am, LOL!

-Kari

Wow, Twins! Congrats! Glad to see you decided to join us in the funny farm! Or more appropriately, the JM Shipper Rehab Commune where I personally have a permanent room after Insanity! Anyway, WELCOME!!! Enjoy your stay...er...I mean visit!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                              Spoiler:
                              That was Jack's perfect opening to even hint at something between him and Sam. For Sam to wait and he just looked at her! Talk about frustrating!!! I wanted to slap both of them. For 2 such smart people who have saved the planet more times than I can count, they are the most stupidest people on the planet
                              Gads! I SOOOOOO agreed with you!!
                              Spoiler:
                              What was Jack's problem? He had the PERFECT opportunity to give her an out and he DIDN'T!! I wanted to pop him one! She was waiting for him to stop her and he just stood there!! *HEAVY sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                                Wow, Twins! Congrats! Glad to see you decided to join us in the funny farm! Or more appropriately, the JM Shipper Rehab Commune where I personally have a permanent room after Insanity! Anyway, WELCOME!!! Enjoy your stay...er...I mean visit!
                                Kari, also feel free to join those of us who take up permanent residence in the Shippertown Gutter System. It has a direct lead right into the Jack/RDA Thunk Thread, in case you get lost.

As for the time off with the twins, I can relate on a different scale. I loved Stargate, but really became a huge Jack and Sam fan when I was off work for a few weeks after my second knee surgery. The DVDs pretty much saved me at that time!!

Comment

Working...
                                X