Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been thinking about Sam and Jack's convo in Affinity...
    Spoilers S8 Affinity
    Spoiler:
    People keep asking "Why would Sam show Jack the ring? Why would she break his hear like that?" I've been thinking about those questions and the answer I keep getting is this. Sam revealed to Jack what her private, personal feelings were about marriage and kids and Pete's proposal because she wanted Jack to share his personal feelings about marriage, kids and HER.

Sam gave Jack the opportunity to say how he felt about her. She was sitting in her lab thinking about her feelings for Jack because the look on her face when he said, "I thought I would never say this to you...Where's that report?" She was disappointed. That ring should have snapped Jack into action. By telling Jack that she had been thinking about the proposal for 2 weeks told Jack what he needed to know. Any yet, he didn't take the bait. (Maybe that's why he doesn't do well at fishing )

Sam has NEVER told Pete she loves him. (At least we haven't seen it. Thank goodness!!) Jack needs to get off his backside and make some effort to convey his TRUE feelings to Sam. IMO, Sam has tried in Heroes II, LC 1 & 2 and now Affinity. I see Sam making an effort and Jack shutting her down or making her guess what his feelings are. Only time will tell.

I'm along for the ride. TPTB will have to pry my cold, dead fingers off of the Shipper rollercoaster!

Token ~

Comment

Mala, have you seen the shipper town apparel?

Here's the link just in case: http://www.cafepress.com/shippertown

It looks fantastic!!! Ship Sistah did an excellent job!! My only problem is deciding which one...two...three to pick!

Token ~

Comment

In case anyone is keeping track....The Sam and Jack Wedding Photo is now $1,775.00!!

Token ~

Comment

de-lurking....

Someone in an earlier post said AT had misgivings about Affinity? Got a link or a hint as to where that might be?

Also does anybody else think that Jack should say some rather unpleasant things to her in a later episode?

Comment

Originally posted by Token
            Mala, have you seen the shipper town apparel?

Here's the link just in case: http://www.cafepress.com/shippertown

It looks fantastic!!! Ship Sistah did an excellent job!! My only problem is deciding which one...two...three to pick!
            Yes I have! I congratulated Ship Sistah last night. I have to go and look at everything again and decide what to get.

Of course, I like the Shipper Town items - but I think you might understand if I said that right now, I'm SICK of looking at that map!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
              Okay people, I am crying here, actually crying
              Spoiler:
              The scene in her lab... it is shippy. When Jack doesn't know, he's just coming to palay with her as normal... she's been distancing herself and he misses her... I like that.
              I feel she really #is# referring to their lack of relationship when she talks about things being different... I think Jack's comment actually refers to the fact he would have retired to be with her....Does anyone get the feeling this was set up for a later ep, where she gets together with Jack and he leaves the base to be a househusband... Threads, maybe??? I have to hope...
              Jack is cut to ribbons in this scene, so well played by RDA. There's definite bitterness in the way he says 'And yet you haven't said no.' His face is just... wah!! Carter seems unsure of what to do at this point... and then....
              When she accepts... I didn't like this scene, it seemed really underacted... maybe I'm terribly, terribly biased but there was so much MORE between Sam and Jack than Sam and Pete.... the chemistry between S and P is nothing compared to S and J.
              I do think there was an element of unsureness about her acceptance but not totally, she does look genuinely happy to be with Pete *curses* but... I have a little hope. Someone please rake over the Threads spoilers, just to make me feel better...?
              Can I have my medal now?

yes you can have your medal now Lunar ..I agree...*sigh* poor Jack

caty

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                way back before you made your wondrous debut here ) -
                , oh, what a nice thing to say, thank you <blows kiss>

Spoiler:
                Yes, Sam is 'settling' - that's not even a question. I just don't like how this is indicative of her character becoming so much more "Samantha" than "Carter" (as per your fic)... I MISS Carter!
                Spoiler:
                part of the reason i wrote that fic was to show how she should be with jack rather than pete, because jack really knows her, everything about her. how long has she been with pete? less than a year? that's not enough time to really know a person. and i practically worshipped 'carter'..and i hate she's becoming samantha

Spoiler:
                I also don't like the fact that from now on, in every episode up until THREADS - that whatever looks or friendship moments that Sam and Jack have (or maybe there won't be any?) that Sam will still be engaged (albeit, half-heartedly) to PS. That makes me uncomfortable...

Spoiler:
                i know. i've tried to forget the existence of pete during little moments in death knell and heroes and lost city and avatar. but that'll be harder now they're actually tied together. not so easy to dump up now

Spoiler:
                Re her little off-topic (to DJ and T) monologue about society and women and ideal relationships, etc. - It's a valid argument

Spoiler:
                . true, but any strong woman can lift herself above society's expectations to discover what she really wants. where's the woman that challenged jack to arm wrestle, and owned a matt mason doll when she was a kid

Spoiler:
                and I just hope that TPTB don't see this as means to have Sam decide NOT to have any relationship at all - even with Jack. It's an evil thought, but at this point I wouldn't put it past TPTB to squash the ship by turning this argument into a weapon against anything more than having platonic team relationships in the end.
                arrggghhh!!!! now you've put that thought into my head too!!!! i hadn't thought of that, but now i can just see it being used as a get out clause.

but, i'm going to take a deep breath, and have trust in RDA to see the ship through. i'm almost sure he's a shipper, and i think AT may be too and i'm certain they won't let us down
                Last edited by michelleb; 21 August 2004, 01:52 PM.
                Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Okay Iwas neutral in the episode thread and I guess I actually won't be much more crazy here
                  Spoiler:

I REALLY have been enjoying Christopher Judge this season!!!! Took TPTB long enough to give the man some lines!!!!!

I can say without a DOUBT!!! I HATE PINK JACKETS!!!! Totally hated the *Stalker* comment...Itoo felt it was a *Blow-off of all of the VALOD points made by fans SO once again TPTB showed they do NOT know the fans anymore.

Sam TOTALLY seemed shocked about the ring.....heck she was just happy the guy might move up there so maybe they could date a bit and then a RING!!!! that is how I saw her reaction

Sam & Jack - totally tore my heart out!!! Jack looked lost and Yet he should have stepped up to the plate. Sam gave him so many reasons to !!!!! She practically TOLD him that all he had to do was say "Sam say NO I love you"

Loved all the cutesy things with Teal'c - *If the Pledge break does not work a weapon is required* I LOVED THAT!!!!!

I was glad that was actually part of the episode and not a sideline and I wasn't that put off by him............just wish he would go away

Overall I will hang on to see how it all goes.......But I am just very sad and I hope to have my MoJo back in time for it to matter.

To all PTBs lurking- Please make all of this WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Just thought I'd let you Shipper/Thunkers know that besides the S/J Affinity pix I've put up today:

WARNING: AFFINITY SCREENCAPS!!
                    http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/SJAffinity.htm

I've also put up links to 12 new caps of hot, handsome Jack from that scene on the Thunkers Thread. Go look and enjoy!
                    sigpic

Comment

Mala........Have I told you how much I LOVE YOU today!!!!!!!!
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                        Spoilers for S8 A$$inity
                        Spoiler:
                        Is it just me or when Sam said yes (three times YIKES) did she sound so appreciative that Daniel was safe that she said it out of appreciation? There didn't sound like there was much love in her words. And that kiss, could it have been any more stiff---like two boards kissing.

Our ship will come in, as I say a hundred times a day. We must be patient.
                        Spoiler:
                        I am actually looking forward to the gal that Jack gets together with, just to see how he is with her. He knows that Sam is the one, he just has to be patient too

Patience...that's all we need, patience.

Correct I think they are both testing the water ...trying to move on ...but HEHEHHEEHEH we know ...we know....
                        Sorry guys ...try to cheer myself up for a sec. ...There is always hope .

Caty Sam and Jack big 'Smoochie.

and don't worry if I don't make any sense ..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                          Mala........Have I told you how much I LOVE YOU today!!!!!!!!
                          well....not TODAY!!!

I've been waiting - where have you been??
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                            Okay Iwas neutral in the episode thread and I guess I actually won't be much more crazy here
                            Spoiler:

I REALLY have been enjoying Christopher Judge this season!!!! Took TPTB long enough to give the man some lines!!!!!

I can say without a DOUBT!!! I HATE PINK JACKETS!!!! Totally hated the *Stalker* comment...Itoo felt it was a *Blow-off of all of the VALOD points made by fans SO once again TPTB showed they do NOT know the fans anymore.

Sam TOTALLY seemed shocked about the ring.....heck she was just happy the guy might move up there so maybe they could date a bit and then a RING!!!! that is how I saw her reaction

Sam & Jack - totally tore my heart out!!! Jack looked lost and Yet he should have stepped up to the plate. Sam gave him so many reasons to !!!!! She practically TOLD him that all he had to do was say "Sam say NO I love you"

Loved all the cutesy things with Teal'c - *If the Pledge break does not work a weapon is required* I LOVED THAT!!!!!

I was glad that was actually part of the episode and not a sideline and I wasn't that put off by him............just wish he would go away

Overall I will hang on to see how it all goes.......But I am just very sad and I hope to have my MoJo back in time for it to matter.

To all PTBs lurking- Please make all of this WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!

oh Tame You are pretty calm ...Marimba was very upset last night

You know ...for me ..I think I'm gonna take like it's being presented to me ..I don't think I'm gonna care too much to be honest cuz I really do not want to be disappointed at the end ...so in my head it will be a pathetic ending ...and I won't watch Atlantis .

If it is a brilliant ending ...then I 'll change my mind .

You know I feel realy sad for all the fans ..sam and Jack shippers who dedicated their time and talent to make creative stuff like Fanfics, collages ..and music videos ..ect......They must be pretty round down about the proposal and the 3 yes she gave to CONpete ......

Talk about respect to the fans .....I think TPTB just slapped them right in the face and left a big red mark if not a nasty bruise.., which will take a long time to heal...

OMG I can't believe it ....No other show has been that bad with the shippers ......not even the x-files ...we had tons of ship with Mulder and Scully compared to Sam and Jack .....and all that cuz of 's fault.

can he go away fast please.....I want Sam and Jack to talk a lot ...and go on mission together.

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                              well....not TODAY!!!

I've been waiting - where have you been??
                              Just trying to actually GET IN to GW ...sheesh

Ok so far today!!!! Mala....My most favorite Genuis in the world!!!!!
                              I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are the goddess of photo and well just so darn cute

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                                ummm. i don't know if it'll help but i wrote a teeny tiny affinity fic. it's called tears, and there's a link in my sig. i just mention it because it was inspired by a picture someone posted on here
                                Spoiler:
                                the one of jack with tears in his eyes
                                I don't know what to say but....wow
                                Decribes their feelings perfectly IMO

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Working...
                                X