This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
    Is there a new episode next week? I don't know if the episode went long or what but it just faded to black and went immediately to Atlantis with no break. Oh and a little more Affinity observation.

Spoiler:
    So what, now Pete's like Columbo or something? I thought that the whole scene with him and Sam in the apartment was just sort of cheesy. I do somewhat feel bad for Pete though. I certainly don't want him and Sam together but, really, he's just the poor schmuck caught in the middle. "Stalking" aside he genuinely loves Sam and his heart is going to get crushed underneath her bootheel in Threads. Not that I'm not going to be happy to see his heart being crushed beneath her bootheel if it means that Sam and Jack will finally be together, I'm just using this as an example of why it's not the best idea to bring in significant others. But I do have to say that her not answering him for 2 weeks should definately be a warning sign. Helllooo!
    Ship Mum, I'm with you there!
    Spoiler:
    2 weeks should have given him his answer! Pete sounds desperate to have Sam. I wouldn't wait 2 weeks for an answer.

Token ~

Comment

Mala, the map is RIGHT ON!! There was a collective "shout".

Could you do something with the ("Affinity" spoiler)
      Spoiler:
      picture of Pete's butt crack showing? I know you would capture the "true spirit" of the image.

Token ~

Comment

okay i'm off to bed now. good night fellow shippers and i'll see ya all next friday to see whats up with our two fav people: sam and jack!! nitey nite!
        lilstarfire19

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
          [center]OK, to be polite, I'm adding SPOILER SPACE

And....SCENE! Nice anguish, Mala! Affinity Spoiler
          Spoiler:
          I know what's wrong, though. Sam doesn't own a red feather boa, like
          yours truly -- Hussy Extraordinaire -- does. She needs one. It will make
          Pete sneeze and Jack so filled with lust for Sam that he would grab her
          in her lab. (Lab Grab) It would keep her head straight.

I wanted Jack to *say* something. He said something, but not enough.
          I kept thinking of the guy from the movie Cool Hand Luke saying,
          "What we have heeere, is failure to communicate!"

And Jack was so darn good looking in this ep. Sam must have developed
          poor vision to not see how sexy he is. Maybe she's gone insane?

I can only hope. LOL

OzGirl
          Last edited by OzGirl; 20 August 2004, 09:18 PM. Reason: New spoiler tags

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
          appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
          full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
          in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

Okay, I think I'm sufficiently recovered from my TV trauma to sleep now. If anyone gets bored and wants to revel in some Sam-Jack fanfic, please click on the link in my signature and read my story. It's long, and not done, but I've been updating very regularly.

Better get some sleep before the twins wake up!

So glad I found this place! I'll definitely be back!
            -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

Warning....shallow moment ahead:
              Ohhh did you see Tealc's muscles??
              Ohhh did you see Daniel out in the sunshine?
              But Ohhhhhhh did you see Jack in that tight black shirt?
              The Stargate men were lookin fine tonight!
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler space for S8's Affinity

Okay, I've seen it. My thoughts:

Teal'c is HOT!

Waaaaaay too much PS! I don't want to see him, so including him in cases or whatever doesn't make me accept his existance on the show. He did mention the stalking thing, but it's *Sam's* reaction to that that I cared about. She laughed it off -if I'm remembering right.

THE three scenes: asking, the Sam/Jack talk, and her saying yes.

The asking was... I don't know. I didn't gag, but my face was getting *real* hot.

The Sam/Jack scene was real good. I'll have to watch it again -oh, poor me - but I focused on her saying yes. And speaking of that dreaded scene...

Her saying yes. What did I say I wanted? For her to show doubts. Well, I was reading on the S/J list, and ppl said she said yes, and more than once. I expected her to say 'yes, yes, yes!', all happy like. Did she?.... NO!!!!

*get ready for chanting of glee*

I saw doubts! I heard doubts! This is almost what I wanted - I wanted to see her face fall when PS couldn't see it- but that didn't happen. Instead, I heard it in her voice, and saw it on her face, that she wasn't 100 percent into it. She said yes, but it wasn't that 'I'm so friggin happy I could cry!' reaction that I had been fearing. This will do!!!

I'm not going to kid you and tell you this didn't bother me, but from what I'd been reading, I was expecting her to be in gleeful land and she wasn't. She was *very* subdued in her acceptance, and I'll hold onto that will both hands.

*takes deep breath*

I can live with this my shipper family.

Sally

ps - I'm super behind on this thread -have to go back to number 2884- but I just had to share my news. *takes moment to squee* Yes!!!
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Saw this and had to reply before going to bed...

OH YEAH!! Major eye candy tonight. I was seriously drooling over Christopher Judge's bulging biceps, LOL! Yummmmmy!
                  -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by Ilios
                    Welcome Goshen Girl!! Glad you delurked!!

Spoiler:

I was cringing throughout the episode lol!! Loved the Jack/Sam scene, when Jack looked at that ring... whoah...was deep!!
                    Spoiler:
                    I was cursing and cringing the entire episode (right, Marimba? --and everyone else in Tame's chat). HA-TED-IT!

As much as I am a shipper, I didn't find the Jack/Sam convo shippy. It was just tragic. I could have been shippy. It should have been shippy. But all I heard was Jack saying that if he had a family he wouldn't be at the SGC risking his life everyday. I'm still hopeful for the future, but I'm disgusted I had to be put through this. Chernobyl was bad enough; this was worse in so many ways.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by cc_mac

Totally agree - although Teal'c looked like he was going to break out in Saturday Night Fever at any moment in his first outfit.

Comment

Happy things first:

MARIMBAAA!! ROFLMAO!! I love your new video!! Glad to have inspired you! After seeing tonight's episode I will rewatch it with even more satisfaction .

Thank you Ship Sistah for all your hard work on the Shipper wares! Great job!

Spoiler:
                        OK, re A$$INITY:

re the stalker remark - I KNEW that TPTB would refer to him this way at some time. They probably thought it was funny acknowledging the fans' pet name for PS, but it came off just lame and Sam looked stupid accepting it...

yay! for Crime Fighting Super Teal'c! I smell a spin-off when SG1 ends...

Jack looked so good in his long sleeve black tshirt...I will cap that scene and dump the rest... The question at the end was confusing, but Jack wasn't going to say anything to Sam about 'their relationship' - she's with PS as far as he knows even though she's questioning whether to marry the spud dud or not. Jack's far too honorable to put himself into that equation (damn him!) But I liked the scene overall.

Listen Sam, if you don't want Jack, there are plenty of others out there who DO!! (that one slinkin' around wearing a red feather boa comes to mind! )

Stargate CSI or Potato Columbo? Brilliant detective work - no wonder she wants to marry him! He's a genius! Linking pizza and stakeouts! (actually, I thought the answer was DONUTS!)

Re the Butt shot - have to admit I was too busy screaming into a pillow and averting my eyes to even see it....I guess it's not called A$$INITY for nothing! Oh, and how many times did she have to say YES?? that acceptance was the most cloying and barf-inducing dialogue ever... (almost as stupid as PS's hemming and hawing in Ch. when Sam asked him in).

Sad to say this, but this episode almost makes me ashamed to be a fan of this show...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                          Yes! Yeah You for Delurking!

Yes, Petey was a good cop...and (S8 “Affinity”)
                          Spoiler:
                          I snickered when the aliens (I assume... since they've got zats & the whatchamacallit things to gate out of there) gated out there! No see-ums Petey!
                          Spoiler:
                          he shouldn't have even been there, just like with the chimera stakeout

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            Spoilers for S8's Affinity

Spoiler:
                            *still haven't seen ep yet* Well, by now, everyone knows she said yes to bf. The only thing I was looking forward to -'cause I knew she was going to say yes- was that she showed apprehension and doubts 'during' the yes. And that didn't come to pass. From what others are saying, quite the opposite. So, time to regroup -for the hundredth time- and recover- for the millionth time. The ONLY thing keeping my head above water is that I know Sam's doubts will resurface in Threads. I'm glad I don't have witch-like powers right now, because a few ppl would be hurting at this moment.

Sally
                            maybe if we all concentrate really hard at the same time and direct our malevolence...

ship sistah

Comment

Please forgive me, shipper family, but I don't want to use the hidden spoilers thinger tonight.

Spoiler space for S8's Affinity

Originally posted by Ship Nana

She had to think about saying "yes" to the "man she love" for well over 2 weeks? If you love someone and want to be with them you don't have to think about it for 2 freakin weeks.
                              You do if you're conflicted. And Sam's *way* conflicted. And those subdued 'yeses' were really telling.

Then she just says "yes" out of nowhere. FCOL!!!
                              I do wonder why she went ahead and said yes? Man, once again AT's *wonderful* acting makes a scene come alive with multiple levels of depth. Someone's saying yes to a marriage proposal, but the voice and... she just once again blows me away with her acting range.

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoilers space for S8's Affinity ahead

Originally posted by gatetime
                                I don't know how to do the new spoiler thing so I'll do this the old fashion way

S
                                P
                                O
                                I
                                L
                                E
                                R
                                S

What was all that stuff about women being made to feel like they need a man in thier life. After that are we suppose to buy into that 'you've made me the happiest woman on earth' routine at the end
                                Ooh, you're reminding me of that scene! That's right, Sam was going on and on about society making ppl feel like they need to be paired off... wonder if that's part of why Sam went ahead and said yes? Not from society's pressures per se, but her own self-inflicted pressures to have that life she'd been missing?.... hmm, more reasons to rewatch this ep.

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X