This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilstarfire19
    spoilers.. dont read any further if u dont wanna know anything..

okay, one way u could interpret jacks answer is that if things were different then maybe he'd be retired or doing something different at the sgc so it would be possible to be with sam.... its so confusing though... i dont get what he meant by that. and it seems forever until we get to the episode 'threads' were this seems to be somewhat resolved.. grrr
    Welcome lilstarfire19!

I think you're on the right track with your interpretation. It's along the lines of what mine was... Except, as usual, TPTB don't want to put actual dialogue in the characters mouths for fear it will confirm what we think. (They seem to think it's better to just keep stringing us along...)
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by gatetime
      S
      P
      O
      I
      L
      E
      R

Spoiler:
      I got the feeling that she was talking about his son by the look on her face when she asked
      Ya know that was my first impression also!
      Ship Nana

Comment

(((Shipper family)))

I'm back at college, sitting on a pile of clothing that has to be put away. The hurricane mostly missed our house in Tampa, so everythings fine...and I have regular internet access! yay!!! So, I'm never gonna catch up on 50+ pages, so I will read the last few and a few after my last post...someone let me know if I missed anything important

I watched Affinity tonight (and I've now seen all but Icon, which was the only one Dad didn't tape...(((Dad))) ) I was with a fellow shipper so we tried to comfort each other...and ate chocolate. minor spoiler, more my reaction to one little spoiler that I think you all know
        Spoiler:
        I screamed (literally and loudly...I think the neighbors and maybe even MG in NY heard...) when she said yes....<shudders>

well, back to reading!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
        ~Imzadi
        describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
        Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by lilstarfire19
          if they decide that stargate sg-1 will continue into a season nine and richard dean anderson won't be on anymore, what do u guys think will happen to sam and jack?
          I don't see how SG-1 could go on w/o RDA. Don't get me wrong, I adore Danny, Teal'c and Sam, but Jack IS the show in a lot of ways. I'd still watch, but it'd be a tough sell.

Unless, of course, they had him retire to marry Sam. Which would mean he'd have to do guest spots!
          -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

as always, may contain spoilers, beware..

about that shipper rollercoaster thing u guys were talking about, wait till we see jack and his ... whatever u wanna call her-kerry... wonder what sam's reaction will be
            lilstarfire19

Comment

Originally posted by Karibou
              I don't see how SG-1 could go on w/o RDA. Don't get me wrong, I adore Danny, Teal'c and Sam, but Jack IS the show in a lot of ways. I'd still watch, but it'd be a tough sell.

Unless, of course, they had him retire to marry Sam. Which would mean he'd have to do guest spots!
              i wouldnt mind that much if jack were made to retire so he could marry sam. guess spots would be alright
              lilstarfire19

Comment

Regarding Jack's answer to Sam...

Spoiler:

Yeah, TPTB are pretty good at throwing out cryptic dialog and making us guess at it. I think Jack's expression made it pretty clear he was telling Sam he had regrets that things had to be the way they are, specifically regarding her. But, really, who knows?

Please, everyone, reassure me that this is just part of the rollercoaster, and that we should be glad TPTB are paying ANY attention to the Ship. At least they acknowledge it. Maybe this means they'll someday give us what we want???
                I think that this is definitely a wild ride!!! But this had the most ship so far this season, even if it did end badly. I'm going to try to stay positive (of course this is after having 2 hours to mellow out)

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                  I think that this is definitely a wild ride!!! But this had the most ship so far this season, even if it did end badly. I'm going to try to stay positive (of course this is after having 2 hours to mellow out)
                  They definitely haven't forgotten the ship. That's the flaming neon good sign in all this. It's not over by a long shot.
                  *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                    They definitely haven't forgotten the ship. That's the flaming neon good sign in all this. It's not over by a long shot.
                    Exactly. I could practically feel the tension oozing from the screen. I was really shocked that she even brought it up. took serious guts!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                      Apparently not! Martin Wood said that Sam was originally wearing a really sexy outfit
                      Spoiler:
                      when she went to Jack's house in Lost City but they changed it because he couldn't get rid of the 'eyepop' factor. Personally i thought they should have kept it, it would have been great!
                      But instead they decided to put her in that dowdy outfit that we saw! And don't even get me started about those clothes in Chernobyl. The only dress that I thought was even REMOTELY flattering was the halter at the beginning! I hated that black dress--it was a halter and those usually look good but the neckline was all wrong for her. Just MHO of course. Did hear at Gatecon that the costume guru is a man--figures! Dude hasn't got a clue how to dress Amanda! I think even I could dress her better...
                      LOL! The 'eye-pop factor!'

Vague general S7 "Lost City"...

Spoiler:
                      & we know how they 'fool' around when they're dressed in battle fatigues... guess they figured RDA wouldn't be able to deliver his lines anywhere close to the way that they wanted him to in that situation, hmmm????
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

I became a serious fan (watching every week) at the beginning of season 7, so last year was the first season finale I saw live.
                        OK, so now I have some questions...How do they plan the season finale, or maybe this year the series finale, when they don't know which it will be? Did that make any sense? Do they film alternate scenes to go with either scenario?

When last year did they announce that season 8 was a go? Did they already know at this time?

I want Sam & Jack together by the end of this season, but I would also like a season 9 (with RDA) OK I want it all
                        sigpic

Comment

So I'm only about 15 minutes into Affinity thus far but about 4 drinks into a stupor. I haven't read through all of your posts as not to spoil myself about the rest of the episode so forgive me if any of this had been said already.

Spoiler:
                          So is it just me or did Sam almost look like she was going to throw up when she first saw the ring? And I thought the "stalker" but was a little bit unecessary as it will probably only add fuel to the flames but whatever.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                            So I'm only about 15 minutes into Affinity thus far but about 4 drinks into a stupor. I haven't read through all of your posts as not to spoil myself about the rest of the episode so forgive me if any of this had been said already.

Spoiler:
                            So is it just me or did Sam almost look like she was going to throw up when she first saw the ring? And I thought the "stalker" but was a little bit unecessary as it will probably only add fuel to the flames but whatever.

Too true!!! And boy do I wish I'd had some drinks before hand!!

Comment

Originally posted by cc_mac
                              I became a serious fan (watching every week) at the beginning of season 7, so last year was the first season finale I saw live.
                              OK, so now I have some questions...How do they plan the season finale, or maybe this year the series finale, when they don't know which it will be? Did that make any sense? Do they film alternate scenes to go with either scenario?

When last year did they announce that season 8 was a go? Did they already know at this time?

I want Sam & Jack together by the end of this season, but I would also like a season 9 (with RDA) OK I want it all
                              well supposedly, season eight is supposed to be the last, but of course.. they keep us on our toes so they might do a season nine, but i'm betting it wont be with RDA so therefore they might not even do it. trust me we're all very sad here
                              lilstarfire19

Comment

Originally posted by cc_mac

They're supposedly in negotiations now and will likely have a solid answer (or close enough to it) before filming ends to make the decision. The genere is also sci-fi, so they can always walk things back with some bizarro plot device or another if really necessary.
                                *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Working...
                                X