This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
    Guess it means Sam is buying into it for the time being?

I'm not sure where all that fit in except that maybe she was trying to talk herself into that it was the right thing to do and that it was her decision. I'm still lost on all that!
    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
      Sam's pink suit turned out to be a jacket, and it looked orange on my TV. But I didn't like it. So that's my fashion critique for the night.
      Spoiler:

Poor Teal'c. And what kind of a neighborhood did they have him move into? Purse snatching, fighting toughs, girl friend abusers. Yeah, they're out there but that concentrated? Gawd, I knew Sam was going to say yes after helped her find Daniel, but I thought maybe when they showed her face it would look like she still wasn't so happy. Will have to watch the tape to see if maybe there still was a bit of hesitancy that I didn't catch. Jack looked quite yummy in that black long sleeved T. When he put the ring back down, you could imagine his face. Do you think Sam's question to him had a double meaning?
      RE: S8 “Affinity”
      Spoiler:
      They moved Teal'c into the worst of neighborhoods - a cliched neighborhood. Little wonder Jack didn't go visit him knowing how he jsut hates cliches!

And by double meaning you mean...? Like she directed it to Jack regarding the both of them? I know that's how I took it... her asking him if things (those pesky regs) had been different, would Jack have pursued a ship w/her...
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
        But I wonder if that scene was only inserted to soften the blow to shippers?
        Spoiler:
        (Yes, I know it helps moves the story along, but she didn't have to or need to have that particular convo w/Jack. In fact I thought that convo was going to be w/Teal'c myself....)

And I can imagine TPTB saying it took
        Spoiler:
        2 weeks because it is a veeeerrrrryyyyy serious decison which a character like Samantha Carter would have to think about for an awwwwwfully long time... She wouldn't want to hurt Pete, you know. (Tho if I were Pete, I'd be hurt if she didn't say yes immediately - it'd be like, hey, what's wrong w/me that she couldn't just say yes to begin with? Unless he's just as desperate as she is...)

And yes... that kiss was just for the big kissy finale scene. Evening soaps anyone?
        Once again it's an episode written by MEN! Need I say more?
        Ship Nana

Comment

talking about that question sam had for jack? what did she mean and then what in the world did his answer mean cuz it just confused me?
          lilstarfire19

Comment

I would comment on Affinitiy, but I am VERY drunk, and probably shouldn't /......

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
              I'm not sure where all that fit in except that maybe she was trying to talk herself into that it was the right thing to do and that it was her decision. I'm still lost on all that!
              Spoiler:

I agree. Sounded to me like she had to talk herself into it. I like how they explored her feelings, but hated the cheesey, "Oh, thanks for finding Daniel for me! Yeah, what the heck. I'll marry you!" ending. Lame, lame, lame!!
              -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                I watched. I'm okay. Those waiting to decide if they want to watch, I'd advise to watch. It's an iffy episode in general being very Law & Order-ish, but watchable without too much pain and it clearly sets things up for later more than resolving anything now.
                I agree auralan. I'd encourage everyone to watch it too. Even though things mkight have ended as some spoiler speculation might have indicated, the trip there wasn't as terrible as I thought TPTB might make it. (I'm not saying I LIKE it, but it wasn't as bad as that CERTAIN episode was.... except for that
                Spoiler:
                stinkin' butt rub! I mean really... Danny & Teal'c's girl are recovering from being zatted & you wanna go sneak behind your truck to get a little som'um-som'um???
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by lilstarfire19
                  talking about that question sam had for jack? what did she mean and then what in the world did his answer mean cuz it just confused me?
                  That's a very good question and when you figure it out will you tell me?

Oh and WELCOME!
                  Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Karibou
                    Spoiler:

I agree. Sounded to me like she had to talk herself into it. I like how they explored her feelings, but hated the cheesey, "Oh, thanks for finding Daniel for me! Yeah, what the heck. I'll marry you!" ending. Lame, lame, lame!!
                    Exactly!!
                    Ship Nana

Comment

spoilers.. dont read any further if u dont wanna know anything..

okay, one way u could interpret jacks answer is that if things were different then maybe he'd be retired or doing something different at the sgc so it would be possible to be with sam.... its so confusing though... i dont get what he meant by that. and it seems forever until we get to the episode 'threads' were this seems to be somewhat resolved.. grrr
                      lilstarfire19

Comment

thanks for the welcome. its nice to be here. i love this forum already. nice way to blow off steam from tonights episode
                        lilstarfire19

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                          Well when you do watch the episode just make sure that you seatbelt on the shipper roller coaster ride is nice and tight. Oh and be sure and wear your helmet! A few of us got thrown out of the roller coaster car tonight and it sure hurt!!!!!!!
                          *winks*

Not me...

I *temporarily* borrowed some of the padding out the ShipperRant Room & wrapped myself up in it... quite effective those padded wall sections!

Comment

Originally posted by lilstarfire19
                            S
                            P
                            O
                            I
                            L
                            E
                            R

Spoiler:
                            I got the feeling that she was talking about his son by the look on her face when she asked
                            Gatetime

Comment

Regarding Jack's answer to Sam...

Spoiler:

Yeah, TPTB are pretty good at throwing out cryptic dialog and making us guess at it. I think Jack's expression made it pretty clear he was telling Sam he had regrets that things had to be the way they are, specifically regarding her. But, really, who knows?

Please, everyone, reassure me that this is just part of the rollercoaster, and that we should be glad TPTB are paying ANY attention to the Ship. At least they acknowledge it. Maybe this means they'll someday give us what we want???
                              -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

if they decide that stargate sg-1 will continue into a season nine and richard dean anderson won't be on anymore, what do u guys think will happen to sam and jack?
                                lilstarfire19

Comment

Working...
                                X