This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: S8 “Affinity”

Although IMO there was a very nice S/J scene. I think was the best scene of the Sam arc of the episode (warning: includes dialogue):
    Spoiler:

Jack: "Something's going on with you..."
    (like yeah, d'oh!)

Sam, pushing "the" box towards Jack: "He gave me this."
    Jack: "People usually put those things on..."

Good sign... it had been 2 weeks & she was still having major serious doubts about it. Now that she had what she thinks she always wanted handed to her in a little fuzzy box, she wasn't sure if it was what she wanted... as in is it worth it? Is it really what she wants?

Sam: "I haven't said yes.."
    Jack: "And yet you haven't said no."

Good line... classic Jack.

And finally the ship approaches the adult conversation harbor.... ANDDDDDdddddd..... it sinks....

Sam: "What about you? If things had been different...?"
    Jack, pausing, intense looks: "I wouldn't be here..."
    (& another intense look & yes we shippers will read into everything that we will!! )

This was the scene for me... and that was the line!

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Karibou
      Oh, I sincerely hope the-powers-that-be are just tormenting us. I swear, if I have to undergo another angst-filled TV finale, I'm going to hurl. (Sorry, I'm still upset over Farscape and Angel!) SG-1 execs had better not do that to us!! I think I have to go watch Window of Opportunity on DVD to cheer myself up now.

Man, I need chocolate.

-Kari
      Welcome to the chat Karibou!!

*gives chocolate*

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
        Ya know I actually thought of that. I was flattered for the moment!! Hehehe
        Well, JM was one of the producers of the show (Paul Mullie was the other, w/Peter DeLuise writing & directing....)

We may never know!!!
        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by Ilios
          Welcome Goshen Girl!! Glad you delurked!!

Spoiler:

I was cringing throughout the episode lol!! Loved the Jack/Sam scene, when Jack looked at that ring... whoah...was deep!!
          Spoiler:
          It definitely had more S/J ship than I ever expected. But to do this to Sam's character was a disgrace. She had to think about saying "yes" to the "man she love" for well over 2 weeks? If you love someone and want to be with them you don't have to think about it for 2 freakin weeks.

She had so many doubts that it took her that long to get thru them. Then she just says "yes" out of nowhere. FCOL!!!
          Ship Nana

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, I'm glad to be here. Always been and SG-1 fan, and a Shipper, but only became truly obsessed when doing 8 weeks of hospitalized bedrest at the end of my pregnancy with twins. Now, I'm afraid, I'm a neurotic addict. So glad to be somewhere that everyone else is as nutty as I am, LOL!

-Kari
            -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

I didn't have a chance before the show started to look through all the CafePress Shipper merchandise, but did see the Shipper Commune mousepad & thought to myself, now there's a gift for JM that he just might get a chuckle out of! (as he did plant the idea on the thread!)

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                Spoiler:
                It definitely had more S/J ship than I ever expected. But to do this to Sam's character was a disgrace. She had to think about saying "yes" to the "man she love" for well over 2 weeks? If you love someone and want to be with them you don't have to think about it for 2 freakin weeks.

She had so many doubts that it took her that long to get thru them. Then she just says "yes" out of nowhere. FCOL!!!
                Spoiler:

Exactly, for me if it takes you 2 weeks to say accept a marriage proposal than you're not ready or you don't love him/her...

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                  RE: S8 “Affinity”

Although IMO there was a very nice S/J scene. I think was the best scene of the Sam arc of the episode (warning: includes dialogue):
                  Spoiler:

Jack: "Something's going on with you..."
                  (like yeah, d'oh!)

Sam, pushing "the" box towards Jack: "He gave me this."
                  Jack: "People usually put those things on..."

Good sign... it had been 2 weeks & she was still having major serious doubts about it. Now that she had what she thinks she always wanted handed to her in a little fuzzy box, she wasn't sure if it was what she wanted... as in is it worth it? Is it really what she wants?

Sam: "I haven't said yes.."
                  Jack: "And yet you haven't said no."

Good line... classic Jack.

And finally the ship approaches the adult conversation harbor.... ANDDDDDdddddd..... it sinks....

Sam: "What about you? If things had been different...?"
                  Jack, pausing, intense looks: "I wouldn't be here..."
                  (& another intense look & yes we shippers will read into everything that we will!! )

This was the scene for me... and that was the line!

Spoiler:
                  That was Jack's perfect opening to even hint at something between him and Sam. For Sam to wait and he just looked at her! Talk about frustrating!!! I wanted to slap both of them. For 2 such smart people who have saved the planet more times than I can count, they are the most stupidest people on the planet
                  Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                    I don't know if anyone has answered this yet.........But it is an AIM chat room called the SJ Anternate Therapy Room my aim name is tamedownes

if I am on just add me as a buddy and I will invite you to the room and viola you are there

if you don't have AIM just go to AOL.com and download it...it is free and you DO NOT have tot have AOL. hope to see you there.
                    Thanks, Marimba did , finding it realy dificult to keep up but fun, sort of considering what the episode was.
                    But how do I save the chat room for future use?

Comment

I don't know how to do the new spoiler thing so I'll do this the old fashion way

S
                      P
                      O
                      I
                      L
                      E
                      R
                      S

What was all that stuff about women being made to feel like they need a man in thier life. After that are we suppose to buy into that 'you've made me the happiest woman on earth' routine at the end
                      Gatetime

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, I'm glad to be here. Always been and SG-1 fan, and a Shipper, but only became truly obsessed when doing 8 weeks of hospitalized bedrest at the end of my pregnancy with twins. Now, I'm afraid, I'm a neurotic addict. So glad to be somewhere that everyone else is as nutty as I am, LOL!

-Kari
                        Congrats on the twins!!

Yes we are all nutty...but in a good way

Comment

-Kari
                          Welcome Karibou!
                          (Have you been working w/the twins to help them become the youngest S/J shippers? )

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                            come on over to the chat room...and JM, if YOU'RE lurking, you come too...
                            BAHHHHH!!!!

Spoilers
                            B
                            A
                            A
                            A
                            A
                            H
                            H
                            H
                            H

handed him the ring???? Lets just cut him and pour salt on the wound, ok?

bah!!! can't even think of other sounds of disgust!!

Di
                            TPTB has written Sam sinking to new LOWS!!!

How about GAGGING!
                            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by gatetime
                              I don't know how to do the new spoiler thing so I'll do this the old fashion way

S
                              P
                              O
                              I
                              L
                              E
                              R
                              S

What was all that stuff about women being made to feel like they need a man in thier life. After that are we suppose to buy into that 'you've made me the happiest woman on earth' routine at the end
                              type [ spoiler ] and end with [/ spoiler]. Don't put in the spaces. I did so that it would show up for you to see.
                              Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by gatetime

S
                                P
                                O
                                I
                                L
                                E
                                R
                                S

put spoiler in brackets at the beginning and then put /spoiler in brackets at the end (of the spoiler)!!

Comment

Working...
                                X