Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the warm welcome and the lovely cookies! :-)

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
    it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
    It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
    And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
      Spoiler:

The problem is that if she does the enthusiastic Yes! it will make her look bad with all of her past history and UST with Jack, and if she hesitates, it will still make her look bad because she's leading poor schmucky Pete further down the road to heartbreak. It's a total no-win situation.

Either way they do it, I'm gonna barf.
      Yes, I think the sound of shippers barfing will be heard around the world...
      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
        This is a bit OT but since the US has several times I wonder at what time will you be posting your views on the episode tonight. Here in the UK is 21.15 now, so what time is the episode for you? And what time is it now?

I'm really fed up with the spoilers for this episode and the possibility that Sam's credibility will be in free fall after it. She is already seriously bashed up in anti-ship forums and it doesn't look like we are going to like her actions much either.
        So , will I have to be awake at 5 in the morning?
        The ep will be over for the eastern half at 10 pm EST which (I think) will be 3 am your time... But I'm sure we'll still be vomiting well into the night.

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
          Thanks for the warm welcome and the lovely cookies! :-)
          they are addictive tho Ship Nana sure can cook em!
          BTW, I love your sig!! makes me laugh, and it's sooooo true

Comment

Gatetime & CoffeeGirl !!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
              Hello jaffacakes

Me . I'm not bashing Sam ..I really like Sam ....I think she is as frustrated as Jack to be honest about their forbidden love situation ...and it shows in the scenes in ZERO hour and new order ...She loves him , he loves her ...he is even smiling more to her right now ..because I think he understands what she 's going through .....and he is sad too that they can't be together ....but the world is at stake ...and right now ...there is nothing he can really do ...He wanted to resign in Zero hour ...but now ...with another threat to Earth, he's not and he's gonna wait as long as he can ...but I think as soon as Sam had the ring on left finger ...he may well act...and resign because deep down he does'nt want to be a bored sitting general at the desk ....and he 'll choose Sam over his position ....Sam will react when she sees Jack's girfriend ...They both try to move on ...or see if they can at least ....but they will both realize AT THE SAME TIME that they can't .....therefore ....they 'll run into each other's arms shortly after realisation. I'm confident ..there is no other way.

caty
              I agree that Jack would gladly give up anything for her. He's tried to sacrifice himself for her a few times already (Divide and Conquer, etc). He's even nearly died because she asked him to do something (Abyss, Lost City, etc). How many times has he nearly died for/because of her? I think I've lost count. That man loves her with every breath in his body and she's a fool if she doesn't ditch Ptui and run away with Jack at the first opportunity!
              Spoiler:
              Of course, we've already seem what a fool she can be in Chernobyl and I think we will see it again in Insanity. Sad, I think, that he loves her so much and she seems to be so self-involved that she can't see it

Comment

Apparently, that style is coming again. I have a catalogue here and I swear, it has the exact same suit in it. And it's only 29,95 Euros. Hmmmmmm.... Nah. Not my color.
                Well Lets just say I am close to that age....AW Hell I AM that age and I would NOT be caught dead in that outfit!!!!!!!!..... The stuff they dress Sam in when she is off duty just blows me away ...its as if they don't want her to look that good. I am sorry but They put her in jeans and a T-shirt and then put that hideous blonde wig on her.....now I now alot of people liked that black dress she wore in *The Episode I will not name * but personally I think I wore something like that when I was 15.....so just because designer says it is in *style* sure as heck does NOT mean it looks good
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

"Interesting" update on today's dreaded episode on GW. Not a single word on and Sam. All about Teal'c, the way they describe it I think it should be interesting, tho I hate to use that word again.

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                    Actually, I haven't had anyone who has definitely confirmed. Kiwigater is going to try to make it but she's the only one so far, so I was thinking about rescheduling. Also just found out day before yesterday that my grandmother is having surgery the week before so I'll be going home to help my mom for a week--it's not too serious but my mom shouldn't have to handle her alone.
                    I can still make it home in time but the house may look like a tornado hit it after the hubs and kids have been alone for a week .

Is there a better weekend? Any suggestions? Tame said she might be able to make it in mid-to-late October (when the kitties are older) or she even suggested that we could move it to January for the Premiere and make it a premiere party. Plus that would give more people time to save/adjust schedules. Any ideas?
                    Premiere or "Threads" party sounds good. Of course, we will probably have already got the 411 from our UK shippers. However, then we won't have to pay too much attention. LOL

Token ~

Comment

Gads!! Just realized that I forgot to post my other new new vid--

"I Remember You" by Skid Row

A hard rock tune from the early 90's but a favorite of mine and somewhat nostalgic for me . Here are the words in case you can't understand Sebastien...

“I Remember You” by Skid Row

Woke up to the sound of pouring rain
                      The wind would whisper and I’d think of you
                      And all the tears you cried, that called my name
                      And when you needed me I came through

I paint a picture of the days gone by
                      When love went blind and you would make me see
                      I’d stare a lifetime into your eyes
                      So that I knew you were there for me
                      Time after time you were there for me

Remember yesterday - walking hand in hand
                      Love letters in the sand - I remember you
                      Through the sleepless nights and every endless day
                      I’d wanna hear you say - I remember you

We spend the summer with the top rolled down
                      Wished ever after would be like this
                      You said I love you babe, without a sound
                      I said I’d give my life for just one kiss
                      I’d live for your smile and die for your kiss

We’ve had our share of hard times
                      But that’s the price we paid
                      And through it all we kept the promise that we made
                      I swear you’ll never be lonely

Woke up to the sound of pouring rain
                      Washed away a dream of you
                      But nothing else could ever take you away
                      ’cause you’ll always be my dream come true
                      Oh my darling, I love you

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                        Love these discussions of the "pink suit." You suppose she's wearing matching shoes. Pink from head to toe.
                        I seem to remember reading, from someone's report from a convention, that Amanda Tapping's new favorite color was pink.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cc_mac
                          I seem to remember reading, from someone's report from a convention, that Amanda Tapping's new favorite color was pink.
                          That is just so wrong ......I refuse to think that on top of this episode I have to also now LIVE WITH the fact that AT has *Bad Taste* (just teasin here folks calm down - pink is not evil )Anyway where was I in my *Let's Keep the afternoon Light Rant*...Oh Yeah..PINK ACK... FIrst a Potato and Now Pink...what is this invasion of the *P* words....OY I just don't know what more I can take.....
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

As far as tonight is concerned, I'm going to watch the episode. Then I'm going to GW's "Affinity" ep Thread and post my overall comments for BOTH storylines. I'm not going to read anyone else's comments, but I want TPTB to possibly hear what I have to say if they are lurking. Then I will post my comments on the Shipper Thread about the "Insanity", then end the night whining in the Alternative Therapy Room.

See I have a plan.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              Too funny ...Jackie O.......not funny about Pres. Kennedy of course...But that Sam looks like she is from the 60's and I like the other description to.....What is up with that wardrobe dept??? Do they NOT know how to dress a normal 38 year old woman out in public?????
                              Apparently not! Martin Wood said that Sam was originally wearing a really sexy outfit
                              Spoiler:
                              when she went to Jack's house in Lost City but they changed it because he couldn't get rid of the 'eyepop' factor. Personally i thought they should have kept it, it would have been great!
                              But instead they decided to put her in that dowdy outfit that we saw! And don't even get me started about those clothes in Chernobyl. The only dress that I thought was even REMOTELY flattering was the halter at the beginning! I hated that black dress--it was a halter and those usually look good but the neckline was all wrong for her. Just MHO of course. Did hear at Gatecon that the costume guru is a man--figures! Dude hasn't got a clue how to dress Amanda! I think even I could dress her better...

Comment

Apparently, that style is coming again. I have a catalogue here and I swear, it has the exact same suit in it. And it's only 29,95 Euros. Hmmmmmm.... Nah. Not my color.
                                Welcome, CoffeeGirl!!!

Ick! I'm not sure that's anyone's color. Maybe that's why they got it though, it's cheap and they're trying to save budget money by dressing Amanda badly...

Comment

Working...
                                X