X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilers for Season 8 including Threads & Affinity

Originally posted by ses110
    One more day until the Evil episode and then we have months to wait to see what happens with Sam and Jack.It is going to be very rough.
    Spoiler:
    I know most shippers do not want to see Jack reaction to Sam's engagement but I would rather see it.We did not get to see Sam call Pete out for his actions in Chimera and if we do not see Jack's reaction it will seem like Sam is getting away with something as well.I am very Happy Jack gets a girlfriend in Threads because Sam will understand what Jack has been going through with Pete.The Sam character is going to take a huge hit after tommorow's Episode no matter how she accepts Pete's proposal.It may sound silly but it would be interesting to see Jack be distant with Sam after she gets engaged.It would be very hard to blame Jack for not seeing Sam the same way again after Affinity.
    Spoiler:
    Actually, I want to see Jack's reaction. In season 7 we got to see Sam's side of the whole thing and her impression of Jack. Now I want to see what the real Jack thinks of all this. Yeah, it'll hurt to see him in that kind of pain. He didn't do anything to deserve it. However, much like the elevator scene in Chimera, it gives us a window into his feelings.

The part of the girlfriend thing I really like is that it's gonna hit Sam upside the head very hard how wrong she was with her concussion-induced Jack hallucination. He's not there for her no matter what. There are limits. She thinks she can go running to him with her doubts and he'll just be there waiting, but no. He has his own life to conduct. He sees her moving on and being happy and tries to do the same. What else is he supposed to do when she's apparently happily engaged and building a life with somebody else? Sure, it's not easy. Of course it hurts. And it's the last thing in the world Sam is expecting to see. She's convinced herself that Jack will always be there. Now he's not. It's going to shake her deeply. I like that. The whole Pete thing shouldn't be a warm, fuzzy and consequence free exploration for Sam. If she wants to play that game, she needs to face down the consequences. You can't expect people to wait for you while you go figure yourself out. Life just doesn't work that way and she hasn't been very realistic about this whole get a normal life thing from the start. Her life? Normal? Who does she think she's kidding except herself?
    Last edited by auralan; 20 August 2004, 07:47 AM. Reason: too stupid to use spoiler tags properly
    *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
      yep, that's mine. ever since i've seen the pictures it's been like 'what is she wearing?'. doesn't suit her at all. like she's wearing that to remind herself that when she's with , she has to be a girly girl, all impractical heels, and pastel colours. of course, if he really loved her, she could be covered in mud, and kicking several arses, and he's still love her..but of course, he ash no idea about that side of her
      I can see her (when she's dressing "up" for more formal or important occasions) more in comfortable (less itchy/scratchy/fussy) materials with more simple classic cuts. Definitely a v-neck woman. Like a smart smooth-material suit w/a casual, sexy v-neck camisole or T under it would have seemed (to me) more like Sam than that suit.

It's not like she's some prim-n-proper matronly woman heading toward her 15th child's PTA meeting in the 1970's... It's kind of like what they did to Sam's hair in Point of View & New Order (fake, fake, fake -- the extensions looked so much better in BftGoG).

The suit doesn't even seem in place w/the other casual clothes (and the Chimera dress) we normally see her in. (It's kinda like she went to the local department store that was having a bargain basement sale to get rid of the 70's style clothes/inventory from last season that they desparately needed to get rid of & she said... oh man... $5? It's not what I normally wear, but it's just 5 bucks and Pete won't notice the difference...)

Well... guess I need to tune in this evening & hope those predicted thunderstorms wait until after showtime to come through... I can't wait to see what the reason is that TPTB have got her costumed in that suit for (a funeral perhaps? ).
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar

It's not like she's some prim-n-proper matronly woman heading toward her 15th child's PTA meeting in the 1970's... It's kind of like what they did to Sam's hair in Point of View & New Order (fake, fake, fake -- the extensions looked so much better in BftGoG).

Well... guess I need to tune in this evening & hope those predicted thunderstorms wait until after showtime to come through... I can't wait to see what the reason is that TPTB have got her costumed in that suit for (a funeral perhaps? ).
        That's a great description of that suit...

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIPSOFJAZZ!!

Hope you have a great day!!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by auralan

Spoiler:
            Actually, I want to see Jack's reaction. In season 7 we got to see Sam's side of the whole thing and her impression of Jack. Now I want to see what the real Jack thinks of all this. Yeah, it'll hurt to see him in that kind of pain. He didn't do anything to deserve it. However, much like the elevator scene in Chimera, it gives us a window into his feelings.

The part of the girlfriend thing I really like is that it's gonna hit Sam upside the head very hard how wrong she was with her concussion-induced Jack hallucination. He's not there for her no matter what. There are limits. She thinks she can go running to him with her doubts and he'll just be there waiting, but no. He has his own life to conduct. He sees her moving on and being happy and tries to do the same. What else is he supposed to do when she's apparently happily engaged and building a life with somebody else? Sure, it's not easy. Of course it hurts. And it's the last thing in the world Sam is expecting to see. She's convinced herself that Jack will always be there. Now he's not. It's going to shake her deeply. I like that. The whole Pete thing shouldn't be a warm, fuzzy and consequence free exploration for Sam. If she wants to play that game, she needs to face down the consequences. You can't expect people to wait for you while you go figure yourself out. Life just doesn't work that way and she hasn't been very realistic about this whole get a normal life thing from the start. Her life? Normal? Who does she think she's kidding except herself?
            Right on!
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
              I can see her (when she's dressing "up" for more formal or important occasions) more in comfortable (less itchy/scratchy/fussy) materials with more simple classic cuts. Definitely a v-neck woman. Like a smart smooth-material suit w/a casual, sexy v-neck camisole or T under it would have seemed (to me) more like Sam than that suit.

The suit doesn't even seem in place w/the other casual clothes (and the Chimera dress) we normally see her in. (It's kinda like she went to the local department store that was having a bargain basement sale to get rid of the 70's style clothes/inventory from last season that they desparately needed to get rid of & she said... oh man... $5? It's not what I normally wear, but it's just 5 bucks and Pete won't notice the difference...)

Love these discussions of the "pink suit." You suppose she's wearing matching shoes. Pink from head to toe.

Comment

Spoiler:

SPOILER SEASON 8 ...

;
                ;
                ;;
                ;

;
                ;

Don't be too upset Auralan....

we know that Sam got a boyfriend cuz she didn't want to look pathetic .Now I know we saw too much CON Pete and it's wrong ....but she is not to blame to hard either ...I mean ....She can't really have Jack ....hey unless she moves position and may be she is not ready to do that cuz the world is at stake ...She is a very good soldier and SGC needs her like they need Jack ...so there is nothing she can do but carry on her duty right now .....

You can see that she wants to be with Jack each time she speaks to him ( New order, Zero hour) and I bet she has lots of fantasies about Jack when she is with CONpete....

I it's the same for Jack ..he wants her but the world is at stake and priority first right now ...He is starting to get really Pi$$esd off with the General Position and I think ..Him getting a girfriend is a good thing .....and he only does it not because he does not love Sam anymore but simply because he can't have her yet ...and may be He wants to make sure that another relationship may not work too ....like Sam is doing with pete ...They are both testing the water ..

I reckon ..they both try to see if somebody else for them rather than each other may work ....They are both trying second best .

We 'll be happy though that they realize that anything they will try to do to avoid being together will never work....and Jack will send his resignation letter to be with sam ..He can stay a civilian at the SCG to supervise the future of humanity ..

Sam can make sure the world is safe from Go'aoul attacks too ..plus as we saw in Zero hour ...all the SCG teams are pretty good and support each other ....I'm sure they 'll do fine without Sam and Jack off world .

Happy ending is our way ...Don't worry ..I know ....TPTB is setting it up ...let's just hope we get the romantic ending we deserve ...that's all ....which is not only a fishing invitation ...BUT MUCH MORE.

Hope you feel better

Caty
                Last edited by Catysg1; 20 August 2004, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                  Love these discussions of the "pink suit." You suppose she's wearing matching shoes. Pink from head to toe.
                  With a pink purse to match.
                  Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                    Great pic, thanks. Will print it. But I'm confoos-ed. Isn't that from "Zero Hour?"
                    Of course, you're right!! It's from ZERO HOUR (du'oh! me! see the ZH before the cap #?)

I'm just very confuzzled... but then if you saw how many different folders of pics and caps and stupid Potatohead graphics I have on my hard drive you'd understand........

How about one from AVATAR? (S8 spoiler pic)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...Avatar_014.jpg
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                      SPOILER SEASON 8 ...

;
                      ;
                      ;;
                      ;

;
                      ;

Happy ending is our way ...Don't worry ..I know ....TPTB is setting it up ...let's just hope we get the romantic ending we deserve ...that's all ....which is not only a fishing invitation ...BUT MUCH MORE.

Hope you feel better
                      Spoiler:
                      Thanks. I'm actually not worried at all about where the plot is going. I'm actually looking forward to seeing both sides of the story. This whole mess has been rather lopsided towards Sam's POV for too long. I want to see Jack's side of it and I want Sam to see that as well. I think she's been a little too focused on herself and her little mid-life crisis to notice how Jack's really responding to the whole thing. In the end, I expect to be quite pleased with the resolution.

One thing I've started suspecting from Amanda's coments in recent months is that the whole plot has probably gone too far on both ends for her tastes. I don't think she wanted things to get quite so serious with Pete and I'm not convinced she wanted it to go as far with Jack as it's probably going to at the end of all this drama. I really don't think there's any way they're getting out of the situation they've created in Threads with just an accepted fishing invite. It's gotten a lot bigger than that. And I'm certainly not going to complain about getting more after sitting through Pete.
                      *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                        Of course, you're right!! It's from ZERO HOUR (du'oh! me! see the ZH before the cap #?)

I'm just very confuzzled... but then if you saw how many different folders of pics and caps and stupid Potatohead graphics I have on my hard drive you'd understand........

yeah definitely ...by just looking at that pic ..I know they 'll be together soon ....Jack seems to smile more to sam this season....and her ...she looks happy when Jack is praising her ...she is like a little girl ...I hope we won't see any awardness between them at all when they talk personnal things ....That's all .....otherwise....they have to overcome that first ..which may take a while .!!!!

Caty

Comment

No chocolate or booze for me tonight.. Husband knows that this episode is going to be "crappy" and has opted to get me sushi to help make me feel better

Sushi = (chocolate + booze)10

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Thanks. I'm actually not worried at all about where the plot is going. I'm actually looking forward to seeing both sides of the story. This whole mess has been rather lopsided towards Sam's POV for too long. I want to see Jack's side of it and I want Sam to see that as well. I think she's been a little too focused on herself and her little mid-life crisis to notice how Jack's really responding to the whole thing. In the end, I expect to be quite pleased with the resolution.

One thing I've started suspecting from Amanda's coments in recent months is that the whole plot has probably gone too far on both ends for her tastes. I don't think she wanted things to get quite so serious with Pete and I'm not convinced she wanted it to go as far with Jack as it's probably going to at the end of all this drama. I really don't think there's any way they're getting out of the situation they've created in Threads with just an accepted fishing invite. It's gotten a lot bigger than that. And I'm certainly not going to complain about getting more after sitting through Pete.

Spoilers season 8
                            '
                            '
                            '
                            '
                            '
                            '
                            '

yeah ....that's right .. at the end you can't blame Sam to have a boyfriend ....and I'm sure it's hard for her to have somebody else than Jack as romantic partner ....cuz she knows where her true love is .....

What I'm puzzled about is if she say "Yes" ....This will be freaking strange cuz if she does not love Pete like she loves Jack ...she should think twice ......(And I think she'll accept the proposal.....call it mid life crisis...although I think she 's a bit young to go through that)
                            I also think that Jack is gonna resign pretty soon after he sees The ring on Sam's finger .....cuz he probably knows and she knows ...that she is doing a huge mistake.

It must be really hard for both of them when the world is at stake ...hey They can't just give up ...They need to sort something out to be able to work for SGC without being military ....

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50

Oh, yeah!

Comment

Spoiler:

I'm going to try the new spoiler thing for the first time.
                                Spoiler:
                                You probably are so right about this thing-at least about the Pete thing IMO- she just wanted to show another side to Sam and look what happened! I certainly hope we get more than a fishing invite, but I wonder how. How can Jack's changeover to civilian status become accomplished with so few eps left? And they'll probably bring up the regs to say they can't kiss before that happens. Just saying he's going to do that might not be enough in TPTB's way of thinking. Aside from that, I'm puzzled as to how being a civilian will be enough, if he's still her boss, though I think you did address that.

Comment

Working...
                                X