X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michelleb
    [

BTW I really do like how you have split Sam into two people, Carter and Samantha. >>

well, that's sorta how i see her. narim called her an angel <puke>, but she's not, she's a real, flawed woman, with a dark side. and pete and martouf and all that, never really see her fight, or command or kill. like, when i see her step through a gate now, all in command, and tough, and a colonel, i know that's the woman that jack loves. and he knows she can be a ***** if she needs to be (although i think being a ***** can be a good thing for a woman) and he's proud of her ability to fight. whereas only ever sees the woman on the pretty pink dress, or the killer heels, and probably has no idea she could break his neck in ten seconds, if she had to. i think for a man to really love a woman, he has to love her faults and her dark side, not just when she's pretty and sweet

and i really really admire tough soldier sam, she's kind of a hero for me, so it annoys me when other men don't see that side of her..and why i know jack's right for her, too

woo. another essay. i need more coffee now
    Wow, I like the way you sumerized that.
    You must be drinking Super Shipper blend coffee!!
    Can I have some?????

waterfall

Comment

Jack is *so* glad to see her after he kills Hathor, the way he hugs her, you know it's more than just a physical thing... >>>

if you've got it on dvd..this may work on tape...if you put headphones on, and turn the sound up as loud as you can bear...after jack throws hator over, and just before he turns to carter, he whispers

'my love...carter'

how's that for unsuspected ship!!!!
      ???????? Really?????
      Where's my tape????
      THAT IS SOOOO COOL!!!!
      I want some of that Super Ship blend coffee you're drinking!!!
      Is it Naquidah enhanced or something???
      I bet it's really good to dunk shipper cookies in!!

waterfall

Comment

Ok, I've been watching my squinty version and the sound quality is too poor to make out anything other than 'my' I can lip read 'love' but is it really Carter, or Hathor??
        What am I saying? Of course it's Carter!!
        *Does a happy little ship dance.*

Comment

well, that's sorta how i see her. narim called her an angel <puke>, but she's not, she's a real, flawed woman, with a dark side. and pete and martouf and all that, never really see her fight, or command or kill.
          And in relation to the PS character… while I’m certain that some may say, hey, PS can identify with her dark side because of the line of work he’s in - how many people has he really killed, intentionally or, worse yet, unintentionally? Would PS really be able to comfort her through her nightmares since he will never have a clue about what she's been through? (meimei’s last fanfic now swirls through my brain! ) How will he deal with her when she finally takes a ‘commanding’ role in their relationship? (Because it seems a bit like she’s been deferring an awful lot to PS…)
          like, when i see her step through a gate now, all in command, and tough, and a colonel, i know that's the woman that jack loves. and he knows she can be a ***** if she needs to be (although i think being a ***** can be a good thing for a woman) and he's proud of her ability to fight.
          Yes, it’s more than just the ‘we’ve bonded through intense situations’ thing… there’s a deep respect for all that is Sam and the same for her to Jack. So what if he goes “yaddayaddayadda” when she launches into a scientific explanation… she does the same when he goes into a snark…
          whereas only ever sees the woman on the pretty pink dress, or the killer heels, and probably has no idea she could break his neck in ten seconds, if she had to. i think for a man to really love a woman, he has to love her faults and her dark side, not just when she's pretty and sweet
          I’m not going hunting for it, but back in June I think, during our PS rants someone (Sal? Tame? Somebody!) posted a comment along the lines about the damage Sam could inflict on PS with just her big toe (or was that little toe? ) if she really wanted to. Very funny. Very true. If I were PS, I think I’d respect ‘my little woman’ a little bit more… if only for the potential pain she could inflict on me if I crossed the line!

and i really really admire tough soldier sam, she's kind of a hero for me, so it annoys me when other men don't see that side of her..and why i know jack's right for her, too
          (((michelle)))
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

I've just watched it again. It so is Carter!!
            Any idea why he says this?
            My theory:
            Hathor always refers to people as 'my love' Yeah? He says 'My love... Carter...' as if he's remembering his love is Carter (oh yeah!! :-D) then he turns to her and says her name louder and louder...
            Woohoo!!

Comment

<<<[QUOTE=waterfall]???????? Really?????
              Where's my tape????
              THAT IS SOOOO COOL!!!!>>>>

did you hear it? some people think i'm making it up, but i'm not honest, i just have really good hearing

<<I want some of that Super Ship blend coffee you're drinking!!!
              Is it Naquidah enhanced or something???>>

whatever it is, it gives me the ability to spot ship where no ship has been spotted before!!! and help yourself honey..i think we're all going to need this ability in the days to come

<<<I bet it's really good to dunk shipper cookies in!!>>

yeah, and to sip slowly as you try to stay up cos you just have to read one more fic..it's 1 am here
              Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                I've just watched it again. It so is Carter!!
                Any idea why he says this?
                My theory:
                Hathor always refers to people as 'my love' Yeah? He says 'My love... Carter...' as if he's remembering his love is Carter (oh yeah!! :-D) then he turns to her and says her name louder and louder...
                Woohoo!!
                >>>>

that sounds like a good theory to me!!!! everytime i'm feeling a little down about the ship, i get my dvd of this out and listen...gives me hope, and i reckon it's the moment where the real ship..the love..starts

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                  Spoiler:
                  I am interested to see what makes Sam say yes to Pete.I have a feeling when she goes to talk to Jack and Jack does not try to talk Sam out of Marrying Pete Sam then accepts Pete's proposal.Someone should tell Sam when you become engaged things will only speed up not slow down.Pete should not buy the house without talking with Sam but Sam should never have accepted the propsal if she is unsure.
                  To Ses, I agree!
                  Spoiler:
                  I'm still saying he's going to emotionally blackmail her, somehow, someway.
                  When she talks to Jack, my thoughts are she's trying to get him to talk her out of it.

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                    Spoiler:
                    I am interested to see what makes Sam say yes to Pete.I have a feeling when she goes to talk to Jack and Jack does not try to talk Sam out of Marrying Pete Sam then accepts Pete's proposal.Someone should tell Sam when you become engaged things will only speed up not slow down.Pete should not buy the house without talking with Sam but Sam should never have accepted the propsal if she is unsure.
                    S8 "Affinity" (& "Threads?"):
                    Spoiler:
                    Yes, I'm interested too ses110... Will it be more of a well, ho-hum, we've been dating this long, guess the next step is marriage kind of thing? Or a pity 'yes'? Or Sam thinks this is her last and only chance kind of yes?

Yes, about buying the house - if that spoiler is true & depending on how it is written... naughty boy!
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                      Wouldn't you MS thunkers just love this?:

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/40eec8f7...ZGsHBBiFnz_OB2

Perhaps Tame would like to host this pic. Actually this pic was an advertisement on GW for ordering a giant poster of MS. I purposely left off the part at the bottom of the pic that said "giant-sized poster."

Hi MG...I have to be able to open it to see if I can host it ...the link is not working
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Spoiler:
                        I would love to see Jack talk her out of it but this is something Sam must handle by herself.Sam cannot expect Jack or anyone else to fix this mess.I just get a laugh when I hear Sam thinks Pete is moving too fast.When you get engaged it is too late to think the relationship is going to slow down.You are either going to get Married or your going to break it off.If Sam thinks see can say yes to Pete then date him once in while she is sadly mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                          Hi MG...I have to be able to open it to see if I can host it ...the link is not working
                          Hmm...Yahoo Briefcase must not like hotlinking to files anymore.

I've attached the JPG file to this post (I hope I did anyway. This is my first time using the attachment feature...)
                          Last edited by mad_gater; 27 December 2007, 05:19 PM.

Comment

For Shippers who watch SG on the SciFi Channel… some of our favorite eps are coming up in the next 2 weeks…

Upgrades 10 p.m. (EST) tomorrow night (Monday, 8/16)
                            Divide and Conquer 8 p.m. (EST) Monday 8/23
                            Window of Opportunity 9 p.m. (EST) Monday 8/23
                            Beneath the Surface 9 p.m. (EST) Monday 8/30

A very good thing w/Affinity showing on Friday 8/20!

Comment

right, i have to go to bed before i pass out in front of the computer. lunar, i'll finish reading your fics tomorrow, and i love terry pratchett, so i'll read those too. tame, you must host that pic of MS, it's gorgeous. only five days until *that* episode is over and done with, still hoping it's all a dream, speak to you all tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                                GetCater is OK!!!!!
                                I just talked to her on the phone!!!!!!!
                                Her and her family are well!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                I'm soooooooo relieved!!!!(I thought I was gonna cry when she answered the phone!!)
                                I told her that all the shippers at GW were worried about her and she thinks that is so sweet of everyone.(she said that several times in our conversation!)She told me to tell everyone THANK YOU for their concern.
                                She was sooo impressed that so many people were worried about her!!!

They had about an hour's warning and her and her family sat in a big closet during the storm.
                                She did tell me it was very scary and for a short time she thought she was a goner.She told me it was VERY loud and that the walls were shaking from the wind.
                                She doesn't have power yet and won't until at least wed or thurs.
                                Her house did recieve some damage,they lost the screen porch and fence and some tiles on the roof.

Lesson to be learned from this:
                                Us shippers seem to be very good at weathering severe storms!!!
                                So remember that this friday!!

waterfall
                                THANK GOODNESS SHE'S OK HOW FRIGHTENING SHE MUST HAVE BEEN BUT I'M GLAD SHE'S BEEN HEARD FROM.

I HAVE SEEN ALL THE NEW SEASON 8 NOW AND I THINK IT'S FANTASTIC
                                I THOUGHT AVATOR WAS THE BEST TEALC EPISODE EVER,AND I LOVED NEW ORDER PT2 SOOOOOOOO I SUPOSE IT WILL BE TIME FOR A****** NEXT TIME I'M REALLYYYYYYYYYYYY LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT (NOT)

WELL IT COULD SWING BOTH WAYS TO BE OR NOT TO BE BUT I'LL ET IT'LL GO OUR WAY IN THE END

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Working...
                                X