This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG1Poz
    Forgive I'm still getiting used to this place.
    No prob!! I am too!! But don't tell anybody lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ilios
      put spoiler in square brackets and /spoilers to end it (in brackets also)
      So it's just html with *spoilers*. Thanks!

Comment

So it's just html with *spoilers*. Thanks!
        Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Token
          Spoilers S8 "Affinity"
          Spoiler:
          Yes, it will be a surprise to those who are not spoiled!! I just believe TPTB released this information to ease the shippers into the final positive resolution for Sam and Jack. The fact that JM posted after the picture release says something to me. I feel in my gut that they are setting us up for EVERYTHING we shippers want. Maybe I've been eating too many cookies, but right now that is exactly the way I am seeing things.
          Yes, to Token you will listen.
          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
          Last update: 14 April 2006
          Melyanna's Multimedia
          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Token
            I don't know him at all other than his posts on GW. But if he was just trying to keep shippers around then he would play both sides (antis), and I don't see him doing that. He has chosen his posts carefully, and in Threads that are of interest to him. Also, JM posted a "Happy Ship Day" message! There would be no advantage to do that. I mean, "Ship Day" was meaningful to shippers, and he didn't need to send a message to us but he WANTED to send us that message! Hmmm....I need to send him a thank you card. *goes in search of perfect postcard*
            JM posted a "Happy Ship Day" message? What post number was that in the "Ship Day" thread?

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
              *grumble grumble*
              I got sick of Internet Explorer and Gateworld spatting so I went and downloaded another browser.... which is sayig something about how much I love GW, cos I'm PARANOID about downloading anything to my computer...

Anyway, seems to have worked, cos here I am!!
              It was nice of JM to stop by wasn't it I had been feeling like it was pretty mercenary, but now I'm a bit ashamed to have been thinking scuh negative thoughts *hangs head*
              I too was suprised at the previews for next weeks Insanity (I like this one too! ).
              Spoiler:
              They only mentioned Tea'c, and Daniel (who from the pictures etc I didn't really think he had much to do in this ep ). And this talk about Sam rethinking her life, nowhere do they mention Pete! So, either the previews are trying to keep things from people (possible), or the spoilers we've been freaking out over aren't accurate... which seems odd considering that they caused so much uproar TPTB felt the need to come calm us down! *scratches head in confusion*

I guess we'll just have to wait and see....
              (((((((((((((((((((((the ever beautiful KG )))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I know exactly how you feel. IE and GW seem to be OK with each other on my computer for now, but THe reason I was logged out for a bit there is cuz I was forced off by my dial-in cutting out.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                JM posted a "Happy Ship Day" message? What post number was that in the "Ship Day" thread?
                He was post #11687 in The Sam/Jack Shipper Discussion Thread XIII

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                  (((((((((((((((((((((the ever beautiful KG )))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I know exactly how you feel. IE and GW seem to be OK with each other on my computer for now, but THe reason I was logged out for a bit there is cuz I was forced off by my dial-in cutting out.
                  Hey, you with the silver tongue! Cut it out already! *bashful head nod*

We'll see how the new browser and GW play..... I've already lost one post - my very thoughful analysis of Avatar - and it got ate before I could post it Couldn't be bothered retyping it all, just summarised instead....

How did you miss this?!? You were here essentially the entire time! (I thought anyway). Well, it wasn't a long post, basically just acknowledged the party

Comment

Again I'm worried mainly because they look at the ratings and the majority rules. Hopefully we, being the Shippers, outnumber the *others*. Has anyone
                    taken a count or should I ask, is there anyway to take a count?
                    I don't think it matters who's in the majority. At this point it's a matter of plot integrity. If TPTB had wanted Jack/Sam to end, they should have killed it in "Divide and Conquer", when they left it in the room. From there it could have dwindled into nothingness, but instead we kept getting hints of their feelings for each other, and hints that those feelings were growing stronger. Even other characters, including General Hammond (I believe), picked up on it.

At this point, it just doesn't make sense not to at least address the issue, more than was done in "Chimera", because it's been a consistent rhythm in the story. And while I know my opinion on the matter is biased, I don't think it makes sense for them to end it all with them not being together. Loss has been a major theme in this series for all the characters — Charlie, Sara, Sha're, Janet, the other Sarah, Daniel, Sha'nauc, Drey'auc, Narim, and Martouf, to name a few. A major part of the story has been these characters finding family in each other, and integral to that has been the relationship between Jack and Sam. All the other angles in the group have been covered, even down to Teal'c and Daniel being so close despite Teal'c causing Daniel so much pain, so to end things with Jack and Sam not being together leaves a very large, very gaping hole in the story arc.

(Can we tell I'm big on story arcs? Maybe this is why everything I write becomes a bloody series.)

Mel
                    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                    Last update: 14 April 2006
                    Melyanna's Multimedia
                    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Ilios
                      He was post #11687 in The Sam/Jack Shipper Discussion Thread XIII
                      Being fairly new here, is it possible to go back to thread #11687 to read it?? I am having trouble figuring out how. Thanks!
                      SG-1Poz

Comment

Being fairly new here, is it possible to go back to thread #11687 to read it?? I am having trouble figuring out how. Thanks!
                        SG-1Poz
                        I went and found it for you....
                        click here

Comment

Hey, you with the silver tongue! Cut it out already! *bashful head nod*

We'll see how the new browser and GW play..... I've already lost one post - my very thoughful analysis of Avatar - and it got ate before I could post it Couldn't be bothered retyping it all, just summarised instead....

How did you miss this?!? You were here essentially the entire time! (I thought anyway). Well, it wasn't a long post, basically just acknowledged the party
                          That was kind of a short post. I'm not surprised I missed it!!!! That and I probably had a few beers in me at the time too.

Silver tongue eh? That must be why I'm tasting metal in my mouth!!!!

Comment

I went and found it for you....
                            click here

Only the three words? But that's enough. Thanks
                            How'd you find it? I'd like to learn.

Comment

((((((((((((((((shipper family)))))))))))))))))))))

Good night y'all!!!! See ya later today. It's way past my bedtime!!!!

Comment

Me too, Goodnight

Sg-1Poz

Comment

Working...
                                X