Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who has better chemistry mckay/sam or sam/o'neill?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they're very DIFFERNT kinds. sam/mckay is much hotter and more electric. sam/jack is (usually) subtle, and shows that they're connected and read each other well. "better" is a subjective term, and in my subjectiveness, i enjoy sam/mckay better in small, sharp doses (couldn't stand it long term), and sam/jack better in continuous undertones that touch the character. but if chemistry means ship, sam/jack all the way. D&C, 48 hours, Threads, GUP, WoO, the Redemptions, and the Moebiuses are some of my top eps.

hope my rotating sig comes up on the right one.
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Sammikins and MacKay. At least MacKay can keep up with her and doesn't blow her off because he is too slow to understand her. They could actually have intelligent conversations before he paws at her.

Comment

Well, the dynamics between these couples are so different. Light years, even!!

Sam and McKay? Well, they are intellectually sparring with one another. Clearly, McKay has a crush on Sam and it is unrequited. I think that all be told, Sam recognizes McKay's genius but that's it.

Sam and Jack? Hey, did I mention that there is a strong undercurrent of respect, comradeship, and affection growing between the two over the past 8 years? Yeah, well, there's that!! But, there's so much more. L*O*V*E

Speaking as a Shipper, I've been keenly aware of Sam's and Jack's undeniable attraction and growing romantic affection over the past years. TPTB provide ample opportunities to read between the lines. It's there!!! LOL!!!

Simply put, I was working my way to getting to the point, Threads specifically and Moebius generally, skyrocketed Sam's and Jack's romantic relationship to the stratosphere. It is canon!!! Season 10 is the opportunity to bring The Ship to port.

Um, did I answer the question??!!
        sigpic

Comment

I am not sure if is it chemistry what is between Sam and Jack. Fans usually create these things and I think that there was never natural chemistry between these two. I am not shipper but I certainly hope they will be together sometimes

Sam and Rodney. Well I love McKay, really but I can´t imagine him with Carter. There is definitely chemistry between them but it is...I don´t know...something different. They didn´t have many chances to "make" some chemistry because they weren´t together so much. I liked GUP but it wasn´t real Sam in the Jumper. So it may be interesting to see them work together once (not so much, I am not for too many crossovers) because Rodney has many experiences of his own with Gate traveling and certain death I think now, in S3 perhaps, who knows, it will be better to describe some "chemistry".

Is this the answer?

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            I saw sparkage between Sam and McKay right off the bat. Maybe not the friendliest of sparks- especially not from Sam, but a definite working chemistry. I never got that at all from Sam and Jack. At least not in a romantic sort of way. But then, I wouldn't say that the Sam/McKay stuff is terribly romantic, either.

The sniping between Sam and McKay always felt natural, and I liked it for that. The stuff between Sam and Jack always felt forced and intrusive, which is why I hated it.
            Much truth in these words.
            sigpic
            http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I wanted Sam/Jack to have chemistry but they don't really it is more like watching a sister and brother. I don't really think McKay and Sam had chemistry either, they had a healthy love/hate thing going on, this may in fact be the healthiest relationship either of them have ever had simply because it is honest and up front.

Comment

Sam Carter and Rodney McKay.
                scarimor

Comment

I don't think Sam has much chemistry with either of them really. She is a flat kind of character, I much prefer Jack with Sara and Rodney with Shep!
                  sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Sam/Jack definitely. I do agree that it's not the same kind of 'sizzling' chemistry that Sam/McKay have but it's a more like a brewing storm - it's taken forever to build up but when it hits you know it's gonna be the electric storm of the century!
                    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by nell

Sam and McKay? Well, they are intellectually sparring with one another. Clearly, McKay has a crush on Sam and it is unrequited. I think that all be told, Sam recognizes McKay's genius but that's it.

Sam and Jack? Hey, did I mention that there is a strong undercurrent of respect, comradeship, and affection growing between the two over the past 8 years? Yeah, well, there's that!! But, there's so much more. L*O*V*E

Speaking as a Shipper, I've been keenly aware of Sam's and Jack's undeniable attraction and growing romantic affection over the past years. TPTB provide ample opportunities to read between the lines. It's there!!! LOL!!!

Simply put, I was working my way to getting to the point, Threads specifically and Moebius generally, skyrocketed Sam's and Jack's romantic relationship to the stratosphere. It is canon!!! Season 10 is the opportunity to bring The Ship to port.

Um, did I answer the question??!!

i agreed

sam/mckay is, mm, different
                      sigpic

Comment

McKay and Sam, what they had was fun even when they disliked each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                          McKay and Sam, what they had was fun even when they disliked each other.
                          ESPECIALLY when they disliked each other.

Comment

If by 'chemistry' we mean sexual sparkage, then neither. Carter/McKay have semi-antagonistic interactions that are naturalistic and fun to watch, but I don't see Carter as sexually attracted to McKay. Jack/Sam was just... unreal.

IMO, OC.

p.s. I think Sam's greatest chemistry was with Martouf and Orlin (the Elder).
                            Last edited by DEM; 16 April 2006, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nell

You took the words right out of my mouth. I totally agree with you here!
                              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Hello everyone

Ok, let me start by saying that I enjoy ALL three charcters as individuals. I think that Rodney, Sam and Jack have all shown.....at one time or another....signs of Stupidity.....true intelligense.....etc. They each have exibited their best and their worst in any given situation.

I fully enjoyed Mckay's character from the begining(snarky, cynical and down right funny), he reminded me of my best friend(she can be the female version from time to time) ......

Mckay and Sam: I see an antaginal chemestry between the two. I always smiled when they were on screen together....I felt that they should have created a warning tag, something like......" When brilliant minds collide". However, It brings me back to what I thought earlier......Friendship....almost like a pain in the a$$ little brother/big sister relationship. I may not see "romance" but, they defiinately light up the screen

Sam and Jack: Now, I'm not going to get into some love sick, romantic, drippy diatride about how Jack and Sam are eachother's true love(even if that is how I feel ) I will be the first to admit that their chemestry comes from many different things but, a "meeting of the minds" was never one of them . However, if we are talking about a non-work, deeper relationship than yes......Sam and Jack share that. They have been through just about anything a person can go through seperately and together....and it shows. I feel that they have a romantic(they are in love with eachother), passionate and somewhat comical chemestry.

Well, Happy Posting
                                It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

Working...
                                X