This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiwigater
    OK everyone! I am posting a link below for David's DDL Appreciation Thread.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=1978

Just a reminder of the what its all about - David (of GW fame ) is sending a packet of positive letters to David DeLuise to show him that we Stargate fans CAN distinguish between him and the character of Pete.
    I realise not all shippers would want to contribute something to this, but I think it's an excellent way to show everyone what we on this thread already know - the Shipper Family is a positive, generous, funny, witty, supportive group of people, and that altho many of us aren't big Pete fans, we don't want David thinking all of us ascribe to the sentiments of the vocal minority.
    *kiwigater steps down off soapbox*

phew, back to the shippiness......
    I don't think it's that Stargate fans that need to distinguish DDL and Pete. It's the PTB and the actors

Comment

Thanks auralan for the PDL quote (gotta love him!!!!! I mean duh just look at my sig ) That give us a little more 'crumbs' to grasp onto!!! Hey look I'm at 100 posts and I got promoted!!!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
      MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
        Since ShipDaddy hasn't been on GW in a tad over a week (or w/his Family in more time that that....)

Allow me to present.......

MiniOde to ShipDaddy
        (to the tune of “Where oh Where”)

Where oh Where
        has our ShipDaddy gone
        Where oh Where
        Could he be?
        The shiplets need love and
        his guidance too
        we wish he had some time free……

Please come back
        Oh ShipDaddy come back
        We miss you
        Ohhh can’t you see….
        The Family has grown
        from the seeds you’ve sown
        To see you, oh how nice that would be…………
        That was awesome, SS! Dad would be proud-- if he still loved us.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

You may have a point there. For all the complaints about Pete, nobody's claimed the acting turned them off the character. It's always been about the actions and purpose of the character (shippers in general rarely enjoy a third party love interest). I can only imagine the outcry if they had chosen a weak actor that was little more than a pretty face. Still, if we're taken more seriously for making the distinction, why not play nicely? When TPTB on a show turn against the shippers, it's not pretty. More flies with honey than vinegar (not that I was ever entirely sure why one wanted flies in the first place).
          *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by sacme

That was awesome, SS! Dad would be proud-- if he still loved us.

ship sistah
            Nahhh... I don't think he's abandoned us yet.... IMHO, RL is probably getting in his way of being w/his favorite family. Likely he's still on the job hunt... I recall (now several Threads ago) he said he had a couple good propects.... Let's hope for the best for him. (Thread X is our POSITIVE thread, right?!!! )

(oh.. and thank you... scribbling lines on a napkin kept me busy in a.m. & p.m. rush hour which definitely hasn't been 'summer lite' I'm sure anyone looking in their rear-view wondered about that woman belting out the nursery rhyme! )
            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Well, I'm outta here....
              Have wonderful evening, my fine Shipper family.

<must catch up on sleep....>
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                Spoiler Space Season 8

There are too good spoilers!

Sam gets promoted. Ishta's back. We're gonna see Maybourne again. And Thor! And, even better, Jacob!

You say this is the ship thread? Hmmm.... topic. Know I left that around here somewhere.

Right! There it is. Sam's doubting her relationship with Pete and PDL recently said something about how they were still going to address the whole Sam/Jack thing and basically insinuated Pete was there to keep Sam from looking like she was pining away her life. So, clearly he has a defined purpose and we know what happens to tertiay characters once they've filled their purpose.

Let me find that quote. Ah right, it was in TV Zone. Here we go with the key bit: "Whether they stay together, or even if Pete gets killed, or even if Sam realises the end of the day that he's just not Jack and returns to O'Neill, all avenues will be fully investigated. it won't just be that she sat there pining away, and that's what we felt was most important."

Yup, all avenues will be investigated. They haven't forgotten the ship. They're gonna address it and, the reality of tv is, there's gonna be a twist. Pete's pretty obvious. Having her stay with him, not all that exciting or interesting. A big, emotional realization and change of plan, yea, that's drama. That's a rollercoaster ride.

Gee, where have we heard that term before?

Worried? Nope. This ship's gonna sail.
                i love PDL.
                however i'd have much prefered that statement if he hadn't started it with, "whether they stay together". ggrrr.
                and i don't want him to die. wouldn't be good for sam, and i like david deluise to much to want that. its such a shame he didn't get the role of someone more likeable, such as an evil goa'uld, or kinsey's son or erand boy or something.

so i think we can all guess which part of the statement i liked.

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                  Here we go with the key bit: "Whether they stay together, or even if Pete gets killed, or even if Sam realises the end of the day that he's just not Jack and returns to O'Neill, all avenues will be fully investigated. it won't just be that she sat there pining away, and that's what we felt was most important."
                  I love that quote! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Hey.... how many more posts before I get out of being "Jaffa Poop"??

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                      I'm not sure. Lets keep posting until we find out.
                      *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Kri, once you get to 100 posts you become Jaffa Warrior

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                        MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                          At 100 posts you get promoted from "Jaffa Fodder" to "Jaffa warrior."

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                            I think you get promoted again at 100.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                              Since ShipDaddy hasn't been on GW in a tad over a week (or w/his Family in more time that that....)
                              Allow me to present.......

MiniOde to ShipDaddy
                              (to the tune of “Where oh Where”)

Where oh Where
                              has our ShipDaddy gone
                              Where oh Where
                              Could he be?
                              The shiplets need love and
                              his guidance too
                              we wish he had some time free……

Please come back
                              Oh ShipDaddy come back
                              We miss you
                              Ohhh can’t you see….
                              The Family has grown
                              from the seeds you’ve sown
                              To see you, oh how nice that would be…………
                              Awww! That was soo creative! Maybe you should PM him with your song. It may get lost in all the posts he has to catch up reading. Let's all send Ship Daddy some POSITIVE vibes and maybe RL will release him for a little while.

BTW....Are you applying for the Ship Poet position?!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                                i love PDL.
                                however i'd have much prefered that statement if he hadn't started it with, "whether they stay together". ggrrr.
                                and i don't want him to die. wouldn't be good for sam, and i like david deluise to much to want that. its such a shame he didn't get the role of someone more likeable, such as an evil goa'uld, or kinsey's son or erand boy or something.

so i think we can all guess which part of the statement i liked.
                                ya gotta wonder how the brothers are getting along.

"Thanks, bro. Thanks a lot! Couldn't just put me on Atlantis..."

"Well, that's the last time I help you!"

poor guys.

ship sistah

Comment

Working...
                                X