This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
    Just what is a beta reader? That term wasn't around when I was into SW, at far as I knew, anyway.
    A beta reader is someone that you let review your work before posting it. They can help with flow, design, grammer, canon (for fanfics) and any number of things pertaining to writing.

Beta being a term in computers for testing. They are like a test run as well.

Comment

I like 5 & 8!! Welcome back Token!!! Well I'm glad GW is working today, otherwise my bad day would have been made worse... but its working and that makes today seem not so bad!! I hope we hear an update soon from Marimba. I'm glad to hear that she was having a good time!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
      MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
        Here's what I've got so far for the front of the ship shirt:

Shipper Cookies
        Prescribed by Ship Practitioners Everywhere
        Eat at least 2 every 60 seconds, as needed, remembering to chew slowly.
        Not to exceed 10 in one hour. Must be taken with nice beverage of your choice.

Warning: to exceed prescribed amounts may result in serious electrical dysfunction of brain and may even lead to bodily impairment. Consumption of certain cookies may result in uncontrollable urges which may cause consumer involvement in intense physical situations. The effects of certain cookie combinations have not yet been determined at this time.

Sam/Jack Shipper Thread Family Member

Shipper Bliss...
        A nice drink
        a good cookie
        a happy place
        & a great Kiss

[i snuck in a happy place. forgot about it the first time around, but I think it's important too-- sistah]

Which Cookies do You Dip?

A shipper cookie a day keeps TPTB away

Cookie Monster

I'm on the Shipper Cookie Diet

Got Ship?

Welcome to Chateau de Sam and Jack
        Where the beverages are bubbly and the cookies are always warm and chewy
        Shipper and proud of it!!

ship sistah
        Wow, tough decision as they are all good. I think we should stick with something simple and easy to read.

I like

I'm on the Shipper Cookie Diet

Which Cookies do You Dip?

and

A shipper cookie a day keeps TPTB away

Not necessarily in that order!

Oh and I like 10 and 2 also.
        Ship Nana

Comment

So it looks like the Ship Day episode is going to consist of the following 7 epiosdes:

Entity
          Solitudes
          Point of View
          Lost City 1 & 2
          Grace
          Heroes 2
          Paradise Lost

Thanks to all that voted both here and those who PM'd me. I figure I'll open the poll at midnight of the 28th. I know some people wanted it to be a protected thread so if there is someone who will be around at that time who could make the first post in the thread specifying how you want it to be that would be great and then I can go in and add the poll. If someone wants to do this let me know ahead of time so I'll know it's going to be done.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Here´s some S&J Fun:

Okaaay, I´m *so* not able to keep track in here...lol. But I uploaded my S&J Website (nothing special!) and put some S&J Pics Creations on it. I´ve posted it under Stargate Fandom...

Here´s the link to the thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2267

Thanks and have a good laugh at them!
            Last edited by Send Pete to Edora; 19 July 2004, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
              Sorry that you've been under the weather.

Here is the shipper cookie that is guaranteed to make you feel better.

Ship Nana's prescription is to take 3 Pale Green Shipper Cookies (used for medicinal purposes by sick shippers - contains lots of shipper love and Ship Nana's secret ingredients for chicken soup) and call me in the morning if you are not better.
              Thank you, Ship Nana! I feel much better now! Those shipper cookies can cure about anything, can't they?
              Tasha
              JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

OK, this has ceased to be fun and turned into just plain ridiculous! Just had the SECOND fire alarm of the day. grrr. As much as I enjoy the fresh air (no real windows in my room *pitiful sigh*), I don't enjoy traipsing up and down stairs! Especially since I already rode my bike to work, and will be riding home in a couple of hours!
                But, on the bright side, Ship Sistah, your sig cracks me up every time I see it!

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                  Ship Sistah, your sig cracks me up every time I see it!
                  I am going to have to start playing to get a really fun signature too! This one will have to work for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Send Pete to Edora
                    Here´s some S&J Fun:

Okaaay, I´m *so* not able to keep track in here...lol. But I uploaded my S&J Website (nothing special!) and put some S&J Pics Creations on it. I´ve posted it under Stargate Fandom...

Here´s the link to the thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2267

Thanks and have a good laugh at them!

Please everybody ..have a look at steffi's fanart ....specially the Sam

and Jack project ..

It's brilliant ...and you'll smile a lot ...I 've already told her ..how much I

loved ...the fanart number 3 and 17 .....number 12 is something I would really

like to see between Sam and Jack like you I

suppose .......hahahahahahaahah.......but I don't want

to say more ...just

go and have a look for yourself.

Well done Steffi ..it's superb

Caty
                    Last edited by Catysg1; 19 July 2004, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                      every time I run across a fanfic with a Sam/Daniel pairing, I feel a bit of "eeewwww" in my stomach...to me they are much more like sister/brothers than like lovers

Di
                      Tell me about it. I was reading one that was really good and then all of the sudden it turned into Daniel and Sam so I quickly shut that one down. I know that people will see what they want but I just can't see Daniel and Sam together. If they had done that from the beginning maybe but she can't be with anyone other than Jack! (Because I said so, that's why!)

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                        Hey I am totally teasing, I got an awesome welcome on Friday when I discovered this group!! Prim'ta just means you are new and haven't hit a certain number of posts.

You are now a Jaffa fodder .. It's great...soon you'll be a goa'ould underling ..what ever that means!!!

caty

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                          Tell me about it. I was reading one that was really good and then all of the sudden it turned into Daniel and Sam so I quickly shut that one down. I know that people will see what they want but I just can't see Daniel and Sam together. If they had done that from the beginning maybe but she can't be with anyone other than Jack! (Because I said so, that's why!)

of course she can't be with Daniel ..he's just a buddy ...but she wants to mate with jack ...that's for sure.

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
                            Thank you, Ship Nana! I feel much better now! Those shipper cookies can cure about anything, can't they?

Hello JSDT ....How is your Sam and Jack treasure book going ?!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                              I am going to have to start playing to get a really fun signature too! This one will have to work for now.
                              Hi Kri

Your sig looks really great already

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                                Please everybody ..have a look at steffi's fanart ....specially the Sam

and Jack project ..

It's brilliant ...and you'll smile a lot ...I 've already told her ..how much I

loved ...the fanart number 3 and 17 .....number 12 is something I would really

like to see between Sam and Jack like you I

suppose .......hahahahahahaahah.......but I don't want

to say more ...just

go and have a look for yourself.

Well done Steffi ..it's superb

Caty
                                Your right Ship Diva Steffi's work is great. Didn't even see the fanart the first time I was at her website.

Alas, I wish those pictures were real!!!

Well done Steffi!!!
                                Ship Nana

Comment

Working...
                                X