Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scam! Bwahahaha! Stick that ship combo up in the Hall of Fame along with Smor, Shex, Ba'am, and Rockett.

I'm having a hard time remembering - was that one scene where Cam and Lam were leaving the elevator and he was buttoning one of his buttons supposed to imply ship? Are there some rumblings that TPTB are playing with Cam/Lam or am I wrong?

Lam and Sam fighting over Cam, damn!! Eat your heart out, Dr. Seuss!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
      Scam! Bwahahaha! Stick that ship combo up in the Hall of Fame along with Smor, Shex, Ba'am, and Rockett.

I'm having a hard time remembering - was that one scene where Cam and Lam were leaving the elevator and he was buttoning one of his buttons supposed to imply ship? Are there some rumblings that TPTB are playing with Cam/Lam or am I wrong?

Lam and Sam fighting over Cam, damn!! Eat your heart out, Dr. Seuss!
      Its a slam to have Sam fighting over Cam with Lam? I say we need neither the dam scam or the dam clam..... ma'am.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Who's Shex..... wait.... not Shep/Ronan? Hahahaha.

The funniest is obviously Smor, because it was an obvious mickey take. Scam, however, is slightly disturbing.... people actually want this ship.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
          My initial response to the creation of a Sam/Cam thread:

"No, no, a thousand times no! I'd rather gouge my own eyes out with a blunt pocket knife than countenance any such ship."

Are you with me on this, shippers? BigGator5's original thread has been renamed the Pro thread so its logical counterpart is this brand spanking new thread.

Sam/Cam? An abomination, just so not right in every way. Don't let Sam be whored around every new male who shows his face at SGC. I don't care if you want Sam paired with Jack, Daniel, Janet or even Thor, all anti-Cam/Sam comments welcome here!

no sam/cam!

been there, done that with sam. she *needs* to *not* be linked with anyone else. and yes, this is a sam/jack shipper speaking. for the sake of sam's character, don't kirkett her with anyone else. the sam/jack chapter of 'do they really want/love each other?' has finally been answered. no. more. ship. for. sam. unless. it's. with. jack. period. there. i'm. done. really. i. am.

done.

no more screwing around with sam's character. figuratively and literally.

done.

again.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
            Its a slam to have Sam fighting over Cam with Lam? I say we need neither the dam scam or the dam clam..... ma'am.
            ROFLMAO!!!! THAT was way too funny to read whilst drinking.....and spewing coffee all over

as I said in the Pro Sam/Cam thread ....I love the FRIENDSHIP that is developing between these two characters and I like a bit of romance in my Sci-Fi ONLY if done well

However....THAT is the deal breaker....IF IT IS WRITTEN WELL....unfortunately TPTB don't do ship well and thus *sigh* should not do it at all IMHO....my biggest concern is that they don't write women well period and AT has said from the beginning for them to write Sam like a guy and SHE will bring the woman to the role......I think they need to go back to doing that....well because quite frankly these guys...emphasis on the GUYS haven't a clue how to write a Woman In Charge role well...sorry PTB you just don't *shrug*... So maybe if they got back to doing things that way...and let AT bring the female aspect into play we may see a Sam/Cam FRIENDSHIP we can all be happy with.... but romance...pluuease...spare me
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Well said Sally.It does not matter if your a Sam/Jack Shipper or not.Sam/Jack Ship is cannon.If you put Sam with Cam you might as well kill off the Sam character because Sam will be finnished.It is also almost impossible to believe Sam and Jack are not in some sort of relationship after Threads or at least planning on it.

Comment

Bah, we all know that Thor is Sam's one true love, so no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                  Well said Sally.It does not matter if your a Sam/Jack Shipper or not.Sam/Jack Ship is cannon.If you put Sam with Cam you might as well kill off the Sam character because Sam will be finnished.It is also almost impossible to believe Sam and Jack are not in some sort of relationship after Threads or at least planning on it.
                  errr...

Sam/Jack UST is canon. Sam/Jack SHIP is fanon. That's how I see it. I'm all for people shipping Sam and Jack, however I personally don't see it. And I can easily interpret every supposed 'shippy' moment to mean something else (Friendship in my case).

As for Sam/Cam - It will never be canon. At the very most it will be subtext (which I can't really see happening either). That's not because of Sam/Jack either, its just because I simply don't think the writers have any inclination to go that way. What it is at the moment is a good friendship.
                  But I'm all for people exploring it in fanfic and such of course

Comment

I think it wuld be more difficult to explore a Sam/Cam friendship (writing-wise) than a lets-just-say-they-fancy-each-other scenario. But i think the writers can do if they want to!

The other thing is..she was one half of a truly great ship. he was one half of another great ship. we know they're both capable of showing real spark and heat with the right partner. but while there does seem to be a close friendship between cam and sam, there's no real heat or spark.

men and women can be friends without sex getting in the way, and it would be great if stargate could continue the sa/daniel friendship of closeness without sex with cam and sam
                    Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Sam/Jack UST is canon. Sam/Jack SHIP is fanon.
                      Agreed.

And just in case it matters somehow somewhere down the line and I end up kicking myself because I didn't speak up when I had the chance: Please, for the love of all that is good and holy, NO! SCAM!

Comment

No, no, a thousand times no, and then some; I can't see it happenning, thank goodness.

Fanfic? Sure why not. But never EVER in canon.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                          as I said in the Pro Sam/Cam thread ....I love the FRIENDSHIP that is developing between these two characters and I like a bit of romance in my Sci-Fi ONLY if done well

unfortunately TPTB don't do ship well and thus *sigh* should not do it at all IMHO....my biggest concern is that they don't write women well period ...
                          A man after my own heart. Thanks for all the responses so far to this thread, guys, glad it's not just me. Couldn't agree more on TPTB not writing well for women .. *New writer for Stargate SG1 required, must have genitals on the inside"*
                          sigpic
                          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

LOL

They HAVE female authors, "A Matter of Time" was written by a woman, just an example.

I'm a S/J-Shipper myself, but even if I wasn't, I wouldn't like Scam, Sam isn't that kind of woman who sleeps with her CO. And it would disturb SG-1. they're all friends, if Sam and Cam would've a relationship the whole dynamic would be destroyed.

And men and women can be 'just' friends, and sometimes a deep friendship is more important than a romantic relationship.
                            There's a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizzare and inexplicable.

There's another theory which states that this has already happened.

Douglas Adams

Please excuse my mistakes, I'm from Germany and my English isn't so good

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              The funniest is obviously Smor, because it was an obvious mickey take. Scam, however, is slightly disturbing.... people actually want this ship.
                              Well, I don't have a problem with fans shipping the characters - it's their right as shippers, after all. I just think making the ship canon would be an absolute disaster.

Originally posted by michelleb
                              I think it wuld be more difficult to explore a Sam/Cam friendship (writing-wise) than a lets-just-say-they-fancy-each-other scenario. But i think the writers can do if they want to!
                              Yeah, let's hope TPTB doesn't take the easy way out and hint at ship rather than develop an honest, non-sexual bond between them. They've been able to write Sam forming friendships with Daniel and Teal'c without shippy hints so I see no reason why they can't here.

Comment

Totally agreeing with this. They should be 4 friends, more like a family. And Teal'c and Daniel are like brothers to Sam, I think, and Cam should be like on too.
                                There's a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizzare and inexplicable.

There's another theory which states that this has already happened.

Douglas Adams

Please excuse my mistakes, I'm from Germany and my English isn't so good

Comment

Working...
                                X