Daniel Jackson/Michael Shanks Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic
    Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slizzie1986 View Post
          Not a fan of the lighting of it, but he is stunning. I can wait until they release more.
          I have to say that the short (rather severe imho) haircut ages him a tad more...but that's balanced out by the fact that he's clean shaven and the beard (when grown) does show a touch of grey now....I agree about the lighting on these promo shots....but I find that with a lot of promo shots these days...very harsh, stark and sometimes too "altered digitally"....looking closer at this one though I don't think this is the case here...it's showing Michael's face off in a pretty natural looking state, which does make a change...so I'm relieved at that.....I DO hope though, that his part won't deteriorate into the "elder statesman" bit and take second place to the other two, slightly younger (and in the youth demographic's eyes) prettier co-stars...so far they seem to be the ones that a lot of the promo is focussing on.....not being a Vampire Diaries person I have no idea what this Daniel chap is like?..

I guess we shall see....

Deeds xx
          sigpic
          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

The lovely Michael Shanks video that Pip made is now up on the Screen Cap site!

Thank you so much Pip for letting me host it!

http://www.krissharmsworth.com/album..._display_media

Enjoy!

Kriss
            sigpic

Comment

Forgot to post this earlier....Val from the MS List posted a link to the Big Finish site, where a four page special on the new Audio Drama voiced by Michael and Claudia is now available to download in pdf format...it's a great read and got some nice pics...

http://bigfinish.com/vortex/v/39

Enjoy!...the CD's should be available later on this month I believe...I have the first on pre-order and I believe the 2nd batch are released in August sometime..

Deeds xx
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                I have to say that the short (rather severe imho) haircut ages him a tad more...but that's balanced out by the fact that he's clean shaven and the beard (when grown) does show a touch of grey now....I agree about the lighting on these promo shots....but I find that with a lot of promo shots these days...very harsh, stark and sometimes too "altered digitally"....looking closer at this one though I don't think this is the case here...it's showing Michael's face off in a pretty natural looking state, which does make a change...so I'm relieved at that.....I DO hope though, that his part won't deteriorate into the "elder statesman" bit and take second place to the other two, slightly younger (and in the youth demographic's eyes) prettier co-stars...so far they seem to be the ones that a lot of the promo is focussing on.....not being a Vampire Diaries person I have no idea what this Daniel chap is like?..

I guess we shall see....

Deeds xx

I am a little anxious the promotion stuff. Though it could be because the other two seem a little bit more well known here in the US. I'm a not too familar with them myself. *shrugs* Charlie & Alex's relationship seems to be at the heart of the show- at least premise wise so that is a bit reassuring.

Last edited by slizzie1986; 02 May 2012, 08:06 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slizzie1986 View Post
                      I am a little anxious the promotion stuff. Though it could be because the other two seem a little bit more well known here in the US. I'm a not too familar with them myself. *shrugs* Charlie & Alex's relationship seems to be at the heart of the show- at least premise wise so that is a bit reassuring.

Oh I'm under no illusions that this is to all intents and purposes, Erica Durance's show, if comments from crew, cast and promo teams are to be seen, she is always mentioned as "lead".....and this Daniel Gillies guy has a good teenage fanbase from the Vampire Diaries and is obviously willing to do - or is put forward by the SH execs to do - the press junkets and interviews and such like...I guess it will depend on ratings, how well the series is received, how well the characters/actors are received and who is leading in the popularity stakes before decisions are made if, and only IF, a second series gets the go-ahead.....sadly in this world of shorter and shorter attention spans a golden opportunity to have years to develop something like Stargate SG-1 got, is no longer an option....you deliver what the fans, critics and the money-men want, quickly or you're done...

I am keeping my fingers crossed, but do not intend to treat this series as instant mega-stardom for Michael...I am cautiously optimistic but not over-confident...

*sighs*..I also see in certain places that some Smallville/Erica fans are considering themselves more devoted and creating more buzz than those Stargate fans........I think my decision to hang around the periphery of the Saving Hope fandom was the right one...I do NOT want to enter into areas where fans with that attitude prevail thank you very much!..

Deeds xx
                      Last edited by discodiva; 03 May 2012, 12:52 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry. That didn't come out the way I wanted it too. I just meant that I am actually fairly optimistic about how they'll use MS' role on the show. I guess thats what I should have said. Shows me I need to be a little more awake before posting, LOL. In any case I am looking forward to June.

Last edited by slizzie1986; 03 May 2012, 07:33 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh no worries..I knew what you meant....I only really used your quote to link in with my comments on Saving Hope...

I'm keeping everything crossed it's a huge success for all concerned....

Deeds xx
                          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

*crosses* Me too, Deeds.

Hi, Maneth!

RL got in my way for a while, but the last chapter of my Victor fic is now up. Better late then never: Bloodstained Heart Chapter 12
                              sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X