Daniel Jackson/Michael Shanks Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by strider6 View Post
    It certainly seems like most people enjoyed the Van con. I'm now looking forward to the next MS movie, airing in just a few weeks http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...cago2006-2.jpg
    There is a featurette of that movie, unfortunately Michael is barely in since is all about Gail O'Grady character...

sigpic
    Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
      There is a featurette of that movie, unfortunately Michael is barely in since is all about Gail O'Grady character...

[IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/b7cn15.jpg
      There is? I'm not getting all my memo's

Is it somewhere online to watch please Mads?

AncientsTimeline

Comment

Originally posted by Sprinkles View Post
        There is? I'm not getting all my memo's

Is it somewhere online to watch please Mads?

Sure, it's a brief kiss...

http://gailogrady.com/2009/04/01/liv...ud-featurette/
        sigpic
        Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Thank you

AncientsTimeline

Comment

Originally posted by Sprinkles View Post
            You are welcome

sigpic
            Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Sadly we are going to have to get used to the fact that Michael is nowhere near demanding "lead status" in work he gets outside of Stargate...we've gotten used to him playing second lead on there and having main storylines...it doesn't matter what we think of him and his acting and what we think he deserves, in the cut-throat business of film and TV making he's just another actor trying out with all the others for whatever parts he can get.....

Anyway...before I head off on my travels back to Vancouver here's a small snippet from my LJ about my autograph experience with Michael last Saturday....

Spoiler:
              Michael and Amanda turned up on the Saturday evening to sign autographs in a change of schedule...they were due to sign on Sunday after their talks and photo ops but as both had filming commitments on the Monday morning and y'all know how looooooong those signing sessions take the time was changed from 7.45 pm Sun to 7.45 pm Sat.....

As I was in the "cheap seats" at the back I knew there would be no chance of getting my stuff to them before 11 pm, a fact which caused a small "altercation" between mine and Adam of Creation's guesses at timing.....*snortle*....Adam said I'd be seen by 10 pm at the latest, I told him that I'd be lucky to get there by 11....cue a rather snippy and, if I say so myself, rude reply on my "cleverness at guessing how the wheels of Creation work" from Adam I walked away biting my tongue and waited with Mon and Dana_jeanne of MSOL.....

At 11 pm (GO ME!!) we joined the back of the queue (Mon and Deej had stuff to discuss with Amanda and needed to be at the back - I had all the time in the world and decided to hang with two of the nicest ladies in town!)....

As Mon had nothing "official" to be signed she grabbed one of my tickets and my "Pegasus Project" script and said she'd get Mike to sign it for me.....So I went up to Mike first and got something for dankriss signed and joy of joys he personalised it to her!!....he and Amanda were having lots of banter and laughs back and forth, Julie Brown was happy, the Creation reps were relaxed as it was the end of the queue, and all was good....

Then I gave him the "Megasnake" DVD cover to sign with my apologies....He said "It's okay, I've had plenty of those to sign tonight!"....which made us all laugh as it seems many fans HAVE bought this purely because of Mike!!!....awwwwwwwwwwww!.....I then told him he'd had the honour of a "Michael Shanks Double Bill" on Sci-Fi UK channel the previous Sunday with "Lost Treasure of The Grand Canyon" premiering, followed by "Megasnake"....he looked a little surprised and then laughed as I assured him that I stayed up to watch it all!!!....

I then went on to Amanda who, not surprisingly, refused to sign "Megasnake" (both she and Julie having a wee joke about it with me - poor Mike, but he takes it all in good humour, being the great guy he is!!) but she DID sign my SG-1 books, IN THE WRONG PLACE!!!...the Creation rep. had held them for me while I chatted to Mike and had just put them on the table unopened at the page for Amanda.....when I saw they'd been signed on the outside my face fell and I told Amanda that I'd wanted her to sign the "Sam Carter" page......she looked upset and said "Oh I'm sooooo sorry, have I ruined them?"....and promptly signed them again in the right place!!!.....so I got 4 Amanda sigs for the price of 2!!!....and she was sooooo sweet about it as well.......

Btw - I HATED the dark hair on her in Sanctuary......but in real life she looks feckin' GORGEOUS with it!!!....she is stunningly beautiful....both she and Mike are getting better with age....

Anyway - I thought that was it - but Monica comes up to me with my script....there on the front are the words "CAROL, LOVE ALWAYS", Michael's signature and his trademark "Daniel Smiley Man" which he doesn't do so often nowadays (who can blame him, with 100's of signings at one go).....BUT inside by the date on which the script was printed, which JUST happened to be 7th JULY 2006 (my birthday) he'd written in capitals "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"......cue me squeeing and almost running round the room wetting myself!!...

I settled for hugging the stuffing out of Mon instead......she THEN said "Go on, go up and thank him"....so I did.....cue "gushing fangirly thanks" to Michael for doing this for me and then I got my own personal thanks to him for his performance in Burn Notice.....Monica and Deej had already very kindly thanked him on mine and all of our behalf, for his wonderful, stunning, awesome and heart-wrenching portrayal of Victor, when they saw him privately for MSOL stuff......however it was wonderful to get the chance myself to tell him how much we all admired his work, both in the UK and Europe as well as North America....I also told him that I thought he was "outstanding"....he was touched and delighted at the kind words and support and I went away a very delighted fangirl.....

Oh yes, and if that wasn't enough, Mon put her arm round me and said to Michael "She's one of the good ones Michael!!".....I replied and said "Oh, he knows me as the scarey British lady with the red hair".....he laughed and thankfully didn't look scared...not even when we told him we'd be seeing him again in London in July....(I kept quiet about Chicago!!..*snerk*)....but it was so lovely of Mon to introduce me as, hopefully, a "good fan", one he doesn't have to be afraid of.....because for all my "talk", I'd really like him to know that I appreciate him for everything he's done in his career, but more importantly for introducing me to some of the most wonderful friends in the world thanks to the fandom!!!

Surprisingly I did manage to sleep that night - after all I had to look good for "Mr Scruffy & Smooth" the next day didn't I??....*snerk*.....

Deeds xx
              sigpic
              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                Sadly we are going to have to get used to the fact that Michael is nowhere near demanding "lead status" in work he gets outside of Stargate...we've gotten used to him playing second lead on there and having main storylines...it doesn't matter what we think of him and his acting and what we think he deserves, in the cut-throat business of film and TV making he's just another actor trying out with all the others for whatever parts he can get.....

Anyway...before I head off on my travels back to Vancouver here's a small snippet from my LJ about my autograph experience with Michael last Saturday....

Spoiler:
                Michael and Amanda turned up on the Saturday evening to sign autographs in a change of schedule...they were due to sign on Sunday after their talks and photo ops but as both had filming commitments on the Monday morning and y'all know how looooooong those signing sessions take the time was changed from 7.45 pm Sun to 7.45 pm Sat.....

As I was in the "cheap seats" at the back I knew there would be no chance of getting my stuff to them before 11 pm, a fact which caused a small "altercation" between mine and Adam of Creation's guesses at timing.....*snortle*....Adam said I'd be seen by 10 pm at the latest, I told him that I'd be lucky to get there by 11....cue a rather snippy and, if I say so myself, rude reply on my "cleverness at guessing how the wheels of Creation work" from Adam I walked away biting my tongue and waited with Mon and Dana_jeanne of MSOL.....

At 11 pm (GO ME!!) we joined the back of the queue (Mon and Deej had stuff to discuss with Amanda and needed to be at the back - I had all the time in the world and decided to hang with two of the nicest ladies in town!)....

As Mon had nothing "official" to be signed she grabbed one of my tickets and my "Pegasus Project" script and said she'd get Mike to sign it for me.....So I went up to Mike first and got something for dankriss signed and joy of joys he personalised it to her!!....he and Amanda were having lots of banter and laughs back and forth, Julie Brown was happy, the Creation reps were relaxed as it was the end of the queue, and all was good....

Then I gave him the "Megasnake" DVD cover to sign with my apologies....He said "It's okay, I've had plenty of those to sign tonight!"....which made us all laugh as it seems many fans HAVE bought this purely because of Mike!!!....awwwwwwwwwwww!.....I then told him he'd had the honour of a "Michael Shanks Double Bill" on Sci-Fi UK channel the previous Sunday with "Lost Treasure of The Grand Canyon" premiering, followed by "Megasnake"....he looked a little surprised and then laughed as I assured him that I stayed up to watch it all!!!....

I then went on to Amanda who, not surprisingly, refused to sign "Megasnake" (both she and Julie having a wee joke about it with me - poor Mike, but he takes it all in good humour, being the great guy he is!!) but she DID sign my SG-1 books, IN THE WRONG PLACE!!!...the Creation rep. had held them for me while I chatted to Mike and had just put them on the table unopened at the page for Amanda.....when I saw they'd been signed on the outside my face fell and I told Amanda that I'd wanted her to sign the "Sam Carter" page......she looked upset and said "Oh I'm sooooo sorry, have I ruined them?"....and promptly signed them again in the right place!!!.....so I got 4 Amanda sigs for the price of 2!!!....and she was sooooo sweet about it as well.......

Btw - I HATED the dark hair on her in Sanctuary......but in real life she looks feckin' GORGEOUS with it!!!....she is stunningly beautiful....both she and Mike are getting better with age....

Anyway - I thought that was it - but Monica comes up to me with my script....there on the front are the words "CAROL, LOVE ALWAYS", Michael's signature and his trademark "Daniel Smiley Man" which he doesn't do so often nowadays (who can blame him, with 100's of signings at one go).....BUT inside by the date on which the script was printed, which JUST happened to be 7th JULY 2006 (my birthday) he'd written in capitals "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"......cue me squeeing and almost running round the room wetting myself!!...

I settled for hugging the stuffing out of Mon instead......she THEN said "Go on, go up and thank him"....so I did.....cue "gushing fangirly thanks" to Michael for doing this for me and then I got my own personal thanks to him for his performance in Burn Notice.....Monica and Deej had already very kindly thanked him on mine and all of our behalf, for his wonderful, stunning, awesome and heart-wrenching portrayal of Victor, when they saw him privately for MSOL stuff......however it was wonderful to get the chance myself to tell him how much we all admired his work, both in the UK and Europe as well as North America....I also told him that I thought he was "outstanding"....he was touched and delighted at the kind words and support and I went away a very delighted fangirl.....

Oh yes, and if that wasn't enough, Mon put her arm round me and said to Michael "She's one of the good ones Michael!!".....I replied and said "Oh, he knows me as the scarey British lady with the red hair".....he laughed and thankfully didn't look scared...not even when we told him we'd be seeing him again in London in July....(I kept quiet about Chicago!!..*snerk*)....but it was so lovely of Mon to introduce me as, hopefully, a "good fan", one he doesn't have to be afraid of.....because for all my "talk", I'd really like him to know that I appreciate him for everything he's done in his career, but more importantly for introducing me to some of the most wonderful friends in the world thanks to the fandom!!!

Surprisingly I did manage to sleep that night - after all I had to look good for "Mr Scruffy & Smooth" the next day didn't I??....*snerk*.....

Deeds xx
                If this is a small snippet, how long is your post Thanks however, you are so lucky!
                sigpic
                Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Actually the wi-fi here is so hit and miss I just copied and pasted from my lj......couldn't hang around editing it.....

Deeds xx
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                  MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                    Actually the wi-fi here is so hit and miss I just copied and pasted from my lj......couldn't hang around editing it.....

Deeds xx
                    It was great seeing monica and deej again and finally meeting you what a surprize that was; my piccy didn't get personalized but I had some fun with Michael with the pic I brought up so lets say he put a message on mine since it was all hockey related and lets just say he gave me an idea now for what to bring to chicago!! Just now have to get with Dana and get what I want sorted out! Can't wait to see you and mr deeds again in chicago; counting down the days
                    Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Sue

sigpic

Comment

Sue

sigpic

Comment

Sue

sigpic

Comment

Sue

sigpic

Comment

Sue

sigpic

Comment

HAPPY EASTER!

And these two classic sg1 eps were shown friday night on scifi!
                                Sue

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X