This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He called Atlantis.

He even made some dubious calls with no positive results.

Finally, Cameron decided to do a King Arthur pageant instead, with himself as the star [and only actor].

It was a huge success with the Cameron Mitchell Thud crowd.

And Chillin, of course.

[Sorry for the multiple posts. Smilie limit and all that rot.]

Comment

All I have to contribute is: He is sexy even chewing gum. I am glad they let him chew gum. I don't know why I just do.
      Sybil

Comment

Chillin is playing with the dolls again. LOL
        Maybe after Friday you'll have some new playmates, poor Chillin.

And I can do nothing but agree with shester.

Comment

Originally posted by shester
          All I have to contribute is: He is sexy even chewing gum. I am glad they let him chew gum. I don't know why I just do.
          Sybil
          I concur.

Comment

Originally posted by cajnjirl
            Chillin is playing with the dolls again. LOL
            Maybe after Friday you'll have some new playmates, poor Chillin.
            I desperately need new episodes. You'd never guess I'm, well, older than Ben Browder!

Comment

Originally posted by shester
              Sybil
              There was an episode that he chewed gum in? How could I have missed that! How long is it until the DVDs come out?

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
              I desperately need new episodes. You'd never guess I'm, well, older than Ben Browder!
              After this extremely long mid season break, we're all older than Ben Browder. Or maybe it just feels that way! Somewhat slap happy apparently too!

Fourth Horseman II, the first episode on Sci Fi with the longer credits! First episode with pretty Ben pictures to go with the name! If this episode doesn't work on any level other than that, I'd still think it was a winner! I'm just so tickled over that alone!

Comment

He called Atlantis.

He even made some dubious calls with no positive results.

Finally, Cameron decided to do a King Arthur pageant instead, with himself as the star [and only actor].

It was a huge success with the Cameron Mitchell Thud crowd.

And Chillin, of course.

[Sorry for the multiple posts. Smilie limit and all that rot.]
                giggles insanely, I love goofy chilling

This is my God
                LONG LOST TWIN SISTER OF PURPLE

Comment

Serious question: Do you think Teal'c and Cameron will end up best buddies? I get the feeling that the characters will be kinda paired off - Vala and Daniel and Cameron and Teal'c in Season 10. No specific reason just general feeling (I think both actors like playing action hero role).

Comment

Welcome, Traveler Enroute1!

Also interesting is that you said Cameron showed the least amount of fear of the Ori. I hadn't thought of that. He does seem to have taken the cockiest stance against them. Carter is approaching it from a scientific standpoint, Teal'c wants to fight them and Daniel wants to reason with them. I think we all knew that is the way these personalities that we've know for years would handle it. Cameron is new and I think the way he is handling it is: take a bit of Sam's science, Teal'c's confrontation, Daniel's debating, and add a healthy dose of cocky cynicism - hold the [Ori] entitlement.
                    I really think--and this may be just me projecting here--that Cameron has some traditional religious beliefs. I base this on his allusions to his grandma and also a point he made in "Babylon", I think it was, something to the effect that you don't need to see a magic trick to believe there's a god. That being my impression, I think that's why he does seem the cockiest. He has a certain type of faith beyond the science that supports the Ori aren't gods theory.

I also agree as the new guy, he also is new to this type of situation; sometimes naivete can lead to a certain cockiness. Some times it comes back to bite you and sometimes it doesn't.

Also...it seems to me from my limited exposure to this show that Carter and Daniel are thinkers, not do-ers. O'Neill was more the do-er; i.e. pushing the button to see what it does. I'm not too sure about Teal'c. He also seems more of a thinker. Cam (and I guess Vala too) seem more likely to do something, even if it's the wrong thing. Which...leads to DRAMATIC CONFLICT AND INTERESTING SITUATIONS! Which...is always good in a dramatic program.

Comment

Originally posted by gbbarb
                      Serious question: Do you think Teal'c and Cameron will end up best buddies? I get the feeling that the characters will be kinda paired off - Vala and Daniel and Cameron and Teal'c in Season 10. No specific reason just general feeling (I think both actors like playing action hero role).
                      I love Cameron and Teal'c together and I'd love to see a season 10 episode that just focused on the two of them. Maybe something with a little comedy to it. I think they play off each other extremely well and I really love watching them together. But I really hope they don't mostly pair off in season 10. I really would rather see them mix it up a little.

I actually think that TPTB intend for Mitchell and Sam to have a significant friendship. They have a built in past and some of the spoilers seem to lean in that direction. That's another reason I am looking forward to CD. I'd like to see what if any kind of chemistry they have. AT seemed to think they worked well together, but I don't really know how good a judge of that kind of thing she is.

I also would really like to see some more Mitchell/Daniel. But, I am not getting any vibe that they are going anywhere major with that this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream-a-Little
                        I love Cameron and Teal'c together and I'd love to see a season 10 episode that just focused on the two of them. Maybe something with a little comedy to it. I think they play off each other extremely well and I really love watching them together. But I really hope they don't mostly pair off in season 10. I really would rather see them mix it up a little.

I actually think that TPTB intend for Mitchell and Sam to have a significant friendship. They have a built in past and some of the spoilers seem to lean in that direction. That's another reason I am looking forward to CD. I'd like to see what if any kind of chemistry they have. AT seemed to think they worked well together, but I don't really know how good a judge of that kind of thing she is.

I also would really like to see some more Mitchell/Daniel. But, I am not getting any vibe that they are going anywhere major with that this season.
                        I like Mitchell/Teal'c and Mitchell/Daniel dynamics a lot and wish they would continue them. Mitchell/Sam I haven't seen enough to know if I would like it so I will take a wait and see approach. I just pray Mitchell gets a lot of scenes with someone instead of off by himself so much.

I am worried that I am too looking forward to Collaterol Damage and that it can provide all the angst I need. I am the Queen of Angst and Ben does it so well that I'm afraid it won't be as dark as I want.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
                          I really think--and this may be just me projecting here--that Cameron has some traditional religious beliefs. I base this on his allusions to his grandma and also a point he made in "Babylon", I think it was, something to the effect that you don't need to see a magic trick to believe there's a god. That being my impression, I think that's why he does seem the cockiest. He has a certain type of faith beyond the science that supports the Ori aren't gods theory.
                          He does stress the importance of faith in Babylon. I always have thought that it was strange that a show that has religion as an ongoing theme never really seemed interested in exploring the characters own beliefs or lack thereof. But I think they feel that might be too controversial and this is a show that really doesn't court controversy.

Also...it seems to me from my limited exposure to this show that Carter and Daniel are thinkers, not do-ers. O'Neill was more the do-er; i.e. pushing the button to see what it does. I'm not too sure about Teal'c. He also seems more of a thinker. Cam (and I guess Vala too) seem more likely to do something, even if it's the wrong thing. Which...leads to DRAMATIC CONFLICT AND INTERESTING SITUATIONS! Which...is always good in a dramatic program.
                          Yes, mixing characters who are about action with characters who are about reflection or analysis makes for a good dramatic mix. Analytical characters are reactive characters by nature. You need proactive characters to provide forward motion to your story. Mitchell does seems to be a proactive character rather than a reactive one.

Comment

It's almost like Mitchell and Daniel are still sizing each other up. Love Mitch with Teal'c because he's so lighthearted around the big guy. With Carter, he seems more vulnerable. With Daniel...for some reason, that just doesn't work for me, and I don't know why because I like both actors and characters immensely.

The vibe thing is just it--I don't feel a vibe between them, except when Vala's around. That's sort of funny because it's like a "brother, I'm glad it's you and not me!" type of scenario. Maybe they just haven't given them many scenes together, just the two guys.

Love him with Teal'c and Carter though, and also with Landry.

Comment

He does stress the importance of faith in Babylon. I always have thought that it was strange that a show that has religion as an ongoing theme never really seemed interested in exploring the characters own beliefs or lack thereof. But I think they feel that might be too controversial and this is a show that really doesn't court controversy.

That's kind of interesting to me, because Daniel (IMHO) seems like an atheist. I could be completely wrong, but that's the way he came across to me. I really appreciated the balance that Mitchell brought to that debate, and also appreciated that it was subtle. I don't need them to hit me over the head with it but I did like the extra texture it added to Mitchell.

Comment

Originally posted by gbbarb
                                I just pray Mitchell gets a lot of scenes with someone instead of off by himself so much.
                                Amen to that. Actually I'm expecting him to invent an imaginary friend any time now just to keep himself company.

I am worried that I am too looking forward to Collaterol Damage and that it can provide all the angst I need. I am the Queen of Angst and Ben does it so well that I'm afraid it won't be as dark as I want.
                                It looks more angsty than most stargate episodes usually are. And at this point back story, any kind of back story, whether overly dramatic or not can only be a good thing. I mostly want to know the character a little better at the end of the episode than I do at the beginning. If the episode manages to accomplish that then I'm happy. Anything else is icing on the cake.

Comment

Working...
                                X