Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream-A-Little: GREAT Christmas list! Are ya listening, Santa???

Zelda: great list of Christmas wishes! I'm not sure I want all of them to actually happen, but they were fun to read and think about! I especially liked the new team scenerio. The female interpreter joining the team could be fun if they don't overplay it, but "Dave" would be hysterical: all serious and not getting Mitchell's jokes; taking everything literally. He would be taking the "Teal'c" role and then Teal'c could be a bit more relaxed and funny.

I definitely agree with everyone's "More Mitchell" Christmas wishes!!!

ShardsOfGlass: I, too, would like to see Mitchell drive the storyline. I want to see him lead the team and gain their respect and trust. I do believe they respect him now, or are beginning to, but I want them to trust him with their lives. It would be unrealistic for them to have total trust this soon, but eventually... I would also like to see a lot more interaction between Mitchell and the others on his team. What we've seen so far has been great, but I want more!

Welcome Cpt Ritter! What ship possibilities do you see with Mitchell? Lam is the obvious one, do you see others? And if just Lam, what possibilities do you see? Past? Future? We'd be interested to hear your viewpoints.

Kaz: Thanks for Mazolli's response to the leadership question. Aftershave. Hee.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream-a-Little
      Ben has brought such an extraordinary level of commitment to Stargate and shown a real respect for the fans and for the show. This is something that everyone involved with Stargate has readily admitted over and over again. And it's consistant with the excellent professional reputation he has built up over the years.

I'd like to see the Stargate writers, producers and directors start exhibiting the same level of commitment and respect to Ben and his charactor that Ben has extended to the show. I haven't seen anything even approaching that so far in the first half of season 9. I am hoping that January brings some episodes that will show that the Stargate producers, writers and directors are really stand up guys afterall. And Ben has definately earned the right to expect that level of commitment from them throughout the rest of his tenure on Stargate.
      Because it bears repeating.

Comment

Just in case I don't get back again before the weekend...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

[I'd make that bigger and in pretty colors, but the buttons aren't working for me and I don't know the secret code words for that...]

Comment

A little something for the Christmas stocking. JM has finally given us our first Mitchell mention for season 10. From JM's latest blog entry:

Spoiler:
          "Finally, Memento Mori. I'm still smiling at the Vala-Mitchell scenes, anticipating the fan reaction to the "dinner date" debate, and am curious as to whether Ben know how to ride a motorcycle."

Do you think he is also trying to mess with those people who fear a Mitchell-Vala ship? Well he wouldn't be JM if he wasn't being somwhat evil. Personally I think the Ori will freeze over before that happpens! At least it looks like maybe we have gotten past Ben and Claudia can't be in the same scene because they did Farscape together syndrome. Memento Mori - Memory of Death?

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
            Welcome Cpt Ritter! What ship possibilities do you see with Mitchell? Lam is the obvious one, do you see others? And if just Lam, what possibilities do you see? Past? Future? We'd be interested to hear your viewpoints.
            In all reality I think Lam's the only one right now, and I don't want them to destroy my love of Mitchell through kirking. I was drawn to this when I saw both someone's sig and how in Avalon 2, when they're standing over Daniel (First time her hair's down) They're standing kind of close... then next is when he defends her to the soldier who was the
            Spoiler:
            plague carrier in Fourth Horseman
            . I don't have much to go on, but hey I think they'd look cute together.

I'm completely opposed to him getting together with Sam (She's taken) Vala is a possibility, but I don't really consider it because of Farscape, basically it'd be too weird, though I think Mitchell loves watching Vala torture Daniel.

Where was I, ohhh back to Lam. What we have now is really only speculation nothing terribly shippy, but I wrote a short story about it, it entitled Cameron Mitchell's Crush. (For those of you who hate fanfiction, I just had to try) It's on Fanfic, my user name is the same so just search under that. Not everyone thinks it's a plausible ship but hey, the pairing of new guy with new girl works in my book. (Not that it's likely to happen, we haven't had one concrete ship in Stargate yet)

Wow this turned into an essay. I should stop, considering this is turning into a ship debate, not just a Mitchell debate... oh well, I see ship everywhere.
            Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

I understand there is a TV Zone Stargate special just out in the UK with a Ben Browder interview in it. If there is a lovely Brit out there who could give us any info on the interview, or maybe even scan it, that would be incredible! Understand there are also spoilers for upcoming episodes including Collateral Damage. Anything on that would be great too!

Comment

A little something for the Christmas stocking. JM has finally given us our first Mitchell mention for season 10. From JM's latest blog entry:

Spoiler:
                "Finally, Memento Mori. I'm still smiling at the Vala-Mitchell scenes, anticipating the fan reaction to the "dinner date" debate, and am curious as to whether Ben know how to ride a motorcycle."

Do you think he is also trying to mess with those people who fear a Mitchell-Vala ship? Well he wouldn't be JM if he wasn't being somwhat evil. Personally I think the Ori will freeze over before that happpens! At least it looks like maybe we have gotten past Ben and Claudia can't be in the same scene because they did Farscape together syndrome. Memento Mori - Memory of Death?
                Oooooooo.
                Spoiler:
                a dinner date debate. Can't imagine what that could be. I doubt it's a dinner date together, but a discussion of what a dinner date entails - maybe with what is expected, ummm, afterwards , should I say?

Ben on a motorcycle? Sex-ay!

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                  In all reality I think Lam's the only one right now, and I don't want them to destroy my love of Mitchell through kirking. I was drawn to this when I saw both someone's sig and how in Avalon 2, when they're standing over Daniel (First time her hair's down) They're standing kind of close... then next is when he defends her to the soldier who was the
                  Spoiler:
                  plague carrier in Fourth Horseman
                  . I don't have much to go on, but hey I think they'd look cute together.
                  I don't think that there is any indication of Mitchell becoming like Kirk. We haven't seen him indiscriminately flirting with anyone. There was that one lady Jaffa in the hallway when he went to talk to Teal'c, but that was played for laughs, not any serious flirting.

As for Lam, I don't really think we've seen anything yet, but I do think there is a real possibility that the show will go there. The scenes you describe don't really say "ship" to me. In the "standing close" scene, I could easily explain away the closeness as the director wanting to get them both in a tight shot. Mitchell defending Lam from a "rude" comment [it really wasn't that bad to me] was just him being a gentleman and displaying how he thought an officer should act and respect others. Lam, besides being the head doctor [or whatever she's called], is also Landry's daughter. Even if she wasn't these things, I don't think Mitchell would appreciate the comment about any woman.

That rationalization aside, I do think the show might create a romance between Mitchell and Lam, and I won't mind as long as it doesn't become the show. And more importantly: the couple doesn't lose their professionalism and become randy, giggly teenagers. That would be unforgivable. I'm pretty sure the show wouldn't go that route, and I'm doubly sure that Ben will let them know that a mature relationship is fine, but the game playing doesn't belong in Stargate.

I'm completely opposed to him getting together with Sam (She's taken) Vala is a possibility, but I don't really consider it because of Farscape, basically it'd be too weird, though I think Mitchell loves watching Vala torture Daniel.
                  I, personally, think Sam and Mitchell would make a great couple. Yep. I'm the only one. LOL. It'll never happen, but I like imagining it. I agree about Vala, though. And, yes, Mitchell LOVES watching her torture Daniel!!!

Where was I, ohhh back to Lam. What we have now is really only speculation nothing terribly shippy, but I wrote a short story about it, it entitled Cameron Mitchell's Crush. (For those of you who hate fanfiction, I just had to try) It's on Fanfic, my user name is the same so just search under that. Not everyone thinks it's a plausible ship but hey, the pairing of new guy with new girl works in my book. (Not that it's likely to happen, we haven't had one concrete ship in Stargate yet)
                  I know I should know, but what is Fanfic? Not the term, but the site you mention. A link would be great. I really want to read some Mitchell fanfic - and you already know that I think Mitchell/Lam is plausible!

Wow this turned into an essay. I should stop...
                  LOL. I think this applies more to me than to you!

And we love reading [and apparently writing] essays about Mitchell! Please don't hold back!!!

Comment

I know I should know, but what is Fanfic? Not the term, but the site you mention. A link would be great. I really want to read some Mitchell fanfic - and you already know that I think Mitchell/Lam is plausible!

And we love reading [and apparently writing] essays about Mitchell! Please don't hold back!!!
                    The site is www.fanfiction.net, my user name is Cpt. Ritter.

Ohh, I won't hold back, maybe I should adjust my avatar, the sig stays.

OOHHH and on the comment about Lam, I think it was grossly inappropriet, so maybe it's not ship for Mitchell to defend her but hey, I can dream right?

Merry Christmas.
                    Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

I understand there is a TV Zone Stargate special just out in the UK with a Ben Browder interview in it. If there is a lovely Brit out there who could give us any info on the interview, or maybe even scan it, that would be incredible! Understand there are also spoilers for upcoming episodes including Collateral Damage. Anything on that would be great too!
                      Firstly, here are the scans for Ben's interview

NB: These are scanned for the Ben Threads on Gateworld - please just link to this site and do not post elsewhere.

Page 1: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...67/TVS67-1.jpg

Page 2: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...67/TVS67-2.jpg

Page 3: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...67/TVS67-3.jpg

Page 4:
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...67/TVS67-4.jpg

Back later after I've had a chance to read all your posts.

Without giving too much away, Collateral Damage is very, very dark: more so than SG has been but they felt that it was necessary to understand Mitchell's back story etc. It sounds really excellent and we all know Ben's fantastic at this sort of blackness. Really can't wait for this eppy.

I'll reread it and post again later with any spoilers.

Comment

Kas,

Thanks so much for scanning this article! I love reading Ben's interviews, though this one didn't give him a chance to be funny like he can be in SFX or other places. But still, I loved the story about flying with the Thunderbirds, and I have to say I'm very jealous that he got that chance!

I dont' know if you had a chance yet to read any of the other interviews, but I was wondering if Ben or Mitchell was mentioned anywhere else in the magazine?

Comment

Welcome... I loved his tale of his experience with a premiere flight team. What a fantastic gift!

I just went and typed a load of quotes etc and lost the whole lot due to GW continuining to have glitches

So I'm just posting the Collateral Damage scan now (Spoilers)
                          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...67/TVS67-5.jpg

Comments from new writer Alan McCullough (Prototype, Collateral Damage, Stronghold and Arthur's Mantle)

"I thought Ben Browder did a fantastic job in Stronghold. It was a tough script and not your standard Stargate story and I really felt like Ben connected emotionally to the script very well."
                          ------

It seems that Alan has been given responsibility of the darker, seamier side of the Stargate storyline and these 3 are Ben episodes, so they are making use of his real talents in this area IMHO... can't wait for the rest of the season!

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                            Firstly, here are the scans for Ben's interview
                            Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Re: Interview itself:

Ben is charming, self deprecating and generous to a fault - the ultimate gracious southern gentleman. In an industry drowning in oversized egos, he must confound the hell out the people he works with!
                            Last edited by Dream-a-Little; 24 December 2005, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                              Welcome... I loved his tale of his experience with a premiere flight team. What a fantastic gift!

I just went and typed a load of quotes etc and lost the whole lot due to GW continuining to have glitches

So I'm just posting the Collateral Damage scan now (Spoilers)
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...67/TVS67-5.jpg

Comments from new writer Alan McCullough (Prototype, Collateral Damage, Stronghold and Arthur's Mantle)

"I thought Ben Browder did a fantastic job in Stronghold. It was a tough script and not your standard Stargate story and I really felt like Ben connected emotionally to the script very well."
                              ------

It seems that Alan has been given responsibility of the darker, seamier side of the Stargate storyline and these 3 are Ben episodes, so they are making use of his real talents in this area IMHO... can't wait for the rest of the season!
                              The glitches in the site are bad and just seem to keep getting worse. I hope someone can get a handle on the problem soon!

Absolutely love the prospect of seeing Ben get a chance to tackle some dark, edgy, push a few bounderies type of stuff! Perhaps Ben's don't be afraid to take chances spirit is rubbing off on the writers and directors! The spoilers for the back half of the season sound sooooo much better than they did for the first half! I especially can't wait for this episode! I am amazed at how they have been able to keep a very tight lid on the actual content of this episode's
                              Spoiler:
                              flashbacks into Mitchell's past. Although Paul does seem to have leaked the jist of at least one of them here. We also do know that one of them involves the relationship with his father - but we don't know what that relationship is.
                              We've only really gotten leaks on the one pertaining to present day circumstances.

Very cool quote from Alan McCullough as well! I know that Stronghold was supposed to also contain
                              Spoiler:
                              Mitchell flashbacks
                              . Were there any hints as to what those were?

Comment

IAs for Lam, I don't really think we've seen anything yet, but I do think there is a real possibility that the show will go there. The scenes you describe don't really say "ship" to me. In the "standing close" scene, I could easily explain away the closeness as the director wanting to get them both in a tight shot. Mitchell defending Lam from a "rude" comment [it really wasn't that bad to me] was just him being a gentleman and displaying how he thought an officer should act and respect others. Lam, besides being the head doctor [or whatever she's called], is also Landry's daughter. Even if she wasn't these things, I don't think Mitchell would appreciate the comment about any woman.

That rationalization aside, I do think the show might create a romance between Mitchell and Lam, and I won't mind as long as it doesn't become the show. And more importantly: the couple doesn't lose their professionalism and become randy, giggly teenagers. That would be unforgivable. I'm pretty sure the show wouldn't go that route, and I'm doubly sure that Ben will let them know that a mature relationship is fine, but the game playing doesn't belong in Stargate.
                                Hmmm, I'm still going with the angle that something is already going on with them. To me, their scenes always feel like we are coming in on the middle of something. Like if we had just gotten there five minutes sooner... Hey that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I like the possibility of a romance with a secondary or recurring charactor. It does offer him protection against kirking. And a little romance is nice. I think it's only when it is between major charactors that it risks marginalizing the other main charactors and overwhelming the show. All good things in moderation! And I think Mitchell's fine self deserves some loving!

Comment

Working...
                                X