Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been really busy at work and at home, so it's been a while - how's everyone?

I love Dream-A-Little's "Favorite Cam & SomeoneElse" moments. Got a favorite Cam Alone moment? Maybe the first one when he reverently touches the Gate?

I'm starting to get excited about the new episodes and, hopefully, more Mitchell!!! I'm hopeful - don't screw with me, PTB!

Let's see, Mitchell and his grandmother... I think Mitchell probably had to spend weekends or some time during the summer with his grandmother because his father was in the service or traveled in his job or something and they wanted their son/kids to have some stability. Maybe his Mom and he both spent some time at Grandma's if his father was overseas or something. Anyway, I think Mitchell believes in his grandmother's teachings and religion, but didn't appreciate having to devote an entire day to it. He's obviously an energetic, on-the-move kind of guy and sitting in church or having to be "quiet" for a day would have been torturous for him when he was young.

I think the remark about his grandmother shouldn't be read into too deeply. He was trying to make a point to the Prior and the grandmother story was relevant, but I doubt that Mitchell ponders over it in other circumstances.

Comment

Caught a brief glimps at what looked like a short SG-1 end of season 9 promo with Ben at the end saying "what took you so long". Right at the end of the 6pm showing. Went by really fast. Just set my VCR for the rest of the night, and you know that probably will be the only one!

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
        Thanks for the heads up Anya... sounds really good and a mix of upcoming episodes. Can't wait and I'm wondering when/if SKY ONE (UK) are going to show anything as we get the start a whole 3 days before USA. They weren't too great at promoting the season start

Hopefully, someone will get this clip online soon
        Courtesy of Brent from Terra Firma:

WMV 320x240: http://brent.wirehedmag.com/temp/vid...5Dec05-WMV.zip

MPEG SVCD: http://brent.wirehedmag.com/temp/vid...Dec05-SVCD.zip

Comment

Originally posted by Anya

Thanks ever so much Anya for sharing and for Brent for the files! You guys rock!

I believe that is also Ben in the green tee sitting on what looks like a bed very seriously contemplating a baseball in Sci Fi's ad for it's 2006 offerings that ran before and after Triangle part II. (Third image in on the ad.) And then running through the gate with AT and I am not sure who is behind them in the same ad. Wonder which ep the baseball scene is from?

Will have to try to catch that other shorter SG promo with Ben maybe on SG-1 tomorrow. I am assuming that is the most likely place it will show up.

Edited to add: For any farscape fans check out what the image is before Ben and what the image is after. Interesting!
          Last edited by Dream-a-Little; 07 December 2005, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Are they different promos? I could open the wmv file, but not the other. I didn't notice a baseball scene and I watched it 5 times, pausing and trying to catch images. Also, what is the FarScape reference? I missed that, too.

Comment

The baseball scene is not in the files from Brent. And yes, those are the same thing just in different formats. So far, I've seen two promos that have Ben in them. THe first one is the SG-1/SGA promo that features SGA almost exclusively, but there's an interesting shot of Ben opening his eyes in a white room while he's sitting on a chair. The other promo I've seen is a general Scifi Channel promo that kind of talks about all the things the network airs. In that one, there's a shot of Ben holding a baseball and he looks deep in thought. It's the third shot of the promo.

Then there appears to be a third promo that ends with Ben saying "What took you so long," but I've never seen it. Can anyone describe it a little more?

Comment

I've only seen the promo that was posted above. Does anyone know where to find the others?

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                  Then there appears to be a third promo that ends with Ben saying "What took you so long," but I've never seen it. Can anyone describe it a little more?
                  It's actually just a 10-sec version of the one that Brent has (which is 30-sec long). Instead of the music, however, it's just a voiceover (by some random announcer guy). The SG-1 scenes repeated were the ones where the guys are in a field with their weapons pointing down, and Cam and Teal'c almost getting blown up. The only different scene was Mitchell in the green hat (like in Prototype -- looked like it could have come from there or an episode in a similar setting) saying, "Took you guys long enough!" at the end (right before the announcer said, "New episodes of Stargate: SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis")

Wish I had seen the entire "New in 2006" promo. Did anyone manage to get it on tape?

Comment

There's a great interview with Beau Bridges up at The Stargate Project: http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...on=show&ID=341. He has some interesting things to say about his character's background, especially in regard to Landry's relationship with his daughter. And he also has some nice things to say about the cast:

SG-P: How are your cast colleagues? Could you describe every one of them in a few words? (Ben Browder, Michael Shanks, Chris Judge and perhaps Amanda Tapping)

BB: The cast is great. Ben Browder is new to the cast, like myself, and he and I actually live pretty close to each other and have gotten to know each other quite well since the start of shooting. I like Ben. I think he’s a wonderful actor, and he has classical training in his background, which I think really helps with all the kind of crazy sci fi language that has to happen, and he’s just a very dedicated actor, and I’m glad to have him on the same team. Michael Shanks, one of the original guys, is a very giving actor. They give him usually most of the long speeches which is just startling, how he gets those words out, just amazing at such a quick pace. Also, it’s been fun to work with Michael’s real wife, Lexa Doig, who plays my daughter in the show. Chris Judge is a great guy. He just has a wonderful sense of humor. He keeps it real light at work, works hard physically and mentally at his craft, and he’s a wonderful guy. Michael and Chris both have young kids, which is fun to be around, and Amanda Tapping is also a new mom. She’s doing really well, juggling her mother responsibilities with her acting responsibilities. She’s a lovely lady and a great actress, and they’ve all been so nice to me.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                      The baseball scene is not in the files from Brent. And yes, those are the same thing just in different formats. So far, I've seen two promos that have Ben in them. THe first one is the SG-1/SGA promo that features SGA almost exclusively, but there's an interesting shot of Ben opening his eyes in a white room while he's sitting on a chair. The other promo I've seen is a general Scifi Channel promo that kind of talks about all the things the network airs. In that one, there's a shot of Ben holding a baseball and he looks deep in thought. It's the third shot of the promo.

Thanks to Brent of Terra Firma in making these available.

I like the sound of the Baseball scene as well... deep in thought... reflecting. Wonder if that's also Collateral Damage where he's reflecting on past history? Perhaps
                      Spoiler:
                      even playing baseball with his dad? I wonder what issues/family past they are going to give Mitchell? I'm hoping for real angst

Comment

Originally posted by Jades
                        There's a great interview with Beau Bridges up at The Stargate Project: http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...on=show&ID=341. He has some interesting things to say about his character's background, especially in regard to Landry's relationship with his daughter. And he also has some nice things to say about the cast:
                        Thanks Jades... that man is just so lovely. What wonderful things to say about the cast and I'm glad he loves it so much to continue to develop Landry for future seasons.

I see that Beau Bridges has been added to the some Creation Conventions next year as well. I think this may be a first experience for him, apart from this years Comic Con

Interesting his expansion on his character's relationships.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                          I like the sound of the Baseball scene as well... deep in thought... reflecting. Wonder if that's also Collateral Damage where he's reflecting on past history? Perhaps
                          Spoiler:
                          even playing baseball with his dad? I wonder what issues/family past they are going to give Mitchell? I'm hoping for real angst
                          It looks to me more like the baseball scene may be from Stronghold. The background of the shot looks like it matches the other spoiler pic out for that episode.

Some very nice shots in all the promos. Now if they just weren't so short and fast...

Comment

I've still only seen the one commercial. Sigh. Not that I watch the SciFi channel other than for the Stargates, [and I'm generally not home for the repeat schedule] so what do I expect?

I like that Beau likes Ben. I think that's the first I've heard of his reactions to the others. I want to hear from more of the cast and crew! I want to hear the Ben-Love! haha!

Comment

Here are some somewhat-spoilerish pictures for second half o' season 9.
                              Here's Mitchell doing some angst.

Here's Mitchell in the chair (flashback to the Aurora Chair in Farscape season one!)

Here's Mitchell doing a Mad Max impersonation.

And here's Mitchell with a cool gun.

Comment

Heh, I just noticed BB purses his lips when he's firing guns, like in Babylon and in the picture above.

Comment

Working...
                                X