Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frell the spoilers, I WON'T believe it until I see it on screen! *crosses arms and pouts* hrrmph

As for the ep, I loved that Daniel moment with the "New Guy" comment and the "you don't touch things"... "well, you touched that." hehehe

See? Now this is SG-1 that ya wanna see!!! Glad it's shaping up. I'm really liking how the season and Cam are shaping up. (Although, I didn't like that Cam was sent out in the field in 4th Horseman... he wasn't on screen NEARLY enough! )

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor
      See? Now this is SG-1 that ya wanna see!!! Glad it's shaping up. I'm really liking how the season and Cam are shaping up. (Although, I didn't like that Cam was sent out in the field in 4th Horseman... he wasn't on screen NEARLY enough! )
      I think his time will shine in the second part of The 4th Horseman.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
        I'm not sure but
        Spoiler:
        I loved his reaction to the 'sponge bath' comment - he's such a gentleman
        While I agree with Cam on the inappropriateness of the comment, I was left wanting to see the evidence of his and Lam's connection.

At one point
        Spoiler:
        Cam got really into Lam's personal space during the interrogation of the 'sponge bath comment dude'. I expected her to respond, and show a glimmer of what their off-duty relationship may be, or was.
        It certainly seemed like a perfect opportunity.

Comment

Either way, even if there isn't a connection, the comment was inappropriate, especially among officers. You notice that Daniel didn't smile either. The Lt. was the ONLY one who thought it was funny. Hence, inappropriate (a word I use at work all to often).

Greytop, I sure hope you're right. I really wanna see more of the teamwork they set up in Prototype... throughout the rest of the season. I loved Daniel and Cam's interactions at the beginning of Prototype. And it sure looks like Sam and Cameron know each other better than they've already shown. The comments and looks they exchange are very familiar, like they've been good friends (or
          Spoiler:
          family
          ?) for a while and have spent a good amount of time in each other's company.

Have more to say, but it verges too much on the spoilerish, so I'll just go back to thunking for now.

Comment

Either way, even if there isn't a connection, the comment was inappropriate, especially among officers. You notice that Daniel didn't smile either. The Lt. was the ONLY one who thought it was funny. Hence, inappropriate (a word I use at work all to often).
            Agreed. It was inappropriate, especially as Cam - as leader of SG-1 reports directly to Landry and seems to have a growing 'relationship' with him abd Lam is known amongst the higher officers as Landry's daughter. Y'know, I keep reading the leadership argument thread where a certain group have real difficulty in accepting Cam as leader but if you notice, it is always Cameron that Landry looks to in times of decision as to which military action to take...asks for his agreement etc. There is no question that he values his opinion and input... It would be nice to really voice this and show it on screen to put that tired issue to bed once and for all. Subtle is obviously not working! (JMO)

I loved Daniel and Cam's interactions at the beginning of Prototype. And it sure looks like Sam and Cameron know each other better than they've already shown. The comments and looks they exchange are very familiar, like they've been good friends (or
            Spoiler:
            family
            Looks like Cam & Dan have a real good buddy relationship going on... what with the playing basketball together in downtime. No wonder Daniel feels really comfortable with shouting 'New guy...' and Cam's comeback 'you pressed that button...'

Oh, and regarding that corridor scene... don't you just love the extras Ben puts in? The guy is never still, never just one to spout lines... gotta love the beer swilling and the sniffing of armpits *ewwww* ... and his whole facial expressions on learning that yet another planet had fallen to the Ori... very telling. I loved how he snapped into instant officer mode in defence of Carolyn Lam, the Lt. had no doubt he'd overstepped the mark!

Regarding Cam and Dr. Lam, I do feel they are going for some UST there down the line. Look how close (almost in personal space) he was standing in the observation room overlooking the Lt. Was she slightly disconcerted? She had that hand to neck, looking down stance...Certainly gives the impression that they are familiar with one another... Hmmmmm, makes me wonder.
            Last edited by Kas; 18 September 2005, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Greytop, I sure hope you're right. I really wanna see more of the teamwork they set up in Prototype... throughout the rest of the season. I loved Daniel and Cam's interactions at the beginning of Prototype. And it sure looks like Sam and Cameron know each other better than they've already shown. The comments and looks they exchange are very familiar, like they've been good friends (or
              Spoiler:
              family
              IMO, Cam and Sam attend the Air Force Academy together and became good friends there. And that friendship has continued throughout the years.

Comment

I wasn't suggesting that there needed to be a connection, in order for anyone to see that the comment was inappropriate. I simply meant that Lexa Doig (as Dr. Lam) in her scene with Mitchell, as they were both interrogating the commenter, did not give us a glimmer of what their relationship is/or used to be.

I am talking about what the actor chooses to do, in order to sell or fill in what goes on in the white space of fiction. By white space, meaning, what the viewer is not shown explictly. I felt that Ben (as Mitchell) did this by getting in her personal space.

Comment

"HEY, NEW GUY!"

I just loved that. I replayed it a few more times than someone my age and sensibilities should have. Oh, who am I kidding...?

I just loved it. And his immediate defense, "You pushed that button!" "Yeah, well, I can read..." It was just great. Just the way friends act that are comfortable with each other.

I loved both episodes, but more on that later. I'm just sneaking in a few moments on the home computer right now.

Originally posted by gbbarb
                  I'm curious do you think Cam knows that Lam is the general's daughter?

Highlight to see the second question - it contains a spoiler

Do you think Laundry knows that Cam once dated his daughter (if the spoilers are true)?
                  I would suspect that Cam, being a part of SG-1 would know. I doubt that there is much happening around SGC that they wouldn't know, rumors included.

As for the spoiler question:
                  Spoiler:
                  I doubt it. He didn't know Mitchell when he first arrived at the SGC for his assignment and Lam hasn't been friendly enough with her father to have told him and Mitchell wouldn't consider it something to discuss with his commanding officer. I doubt Mitchell would have told anybody, including his fellow SG-1ers. He doesn't seem the type to brag about that kind of thing or to even mention it unless it seems relevant. Lam doesn't seemed to have made any friends of the type to share that information. Although, I'd love to see that scene. The gals sitting in the mess and Mitchell walks in. A couple of the girls start talking about the new hunk on base and Lam says, "Yeah, been there, done that." Haha. Never happen! But funny.

Comment

Originally posted by deSaintphalle
                    While I agree with Cam on the inappropriateness of the comment, I was left wanting to see the evidence of his and Lam's connection.

At one point
                    Spoiler:
                    Cam got really into Lam's personal space during the interrogation of the 'sponge bath comment dude'. I expected her to respond, and show a glimmer of what their off-duty relationship may be, or was.
                    It certainly seemed like a perfect opportunity.
                    Am I forgetting something? I've only seen it once so far [and I want to finish here and get to the TV to watch again before the [American] football game starts], but I'm not sure what scene you're talking about. I remember when he said something in the hall to the guy, but Lam wasn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                      Am I forgetting something? I've only seen it once so far [and I want to finish here and get to the TV to watch again before the [American] football game starts], but I'm not sure what scene you're talking about. I remember when he said something in the hall to the guy, but Lam wasn't there.
                      It's the scene where Cameron and Carolyn are in the observation room questioning the Lt. after he has been picked up and quarrantined following Hammond's speech.

Last edited by Kas; 18 September 2005, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deSaintphalle
                        I wasn't suggesting that there needed to be a connection, in order for anyone to see that the comment was inappropriate. I simply meant that Lexa Doig (as Dr. Lam) in her scene with Mitchell, as they were both interrogating the commenter, did not give us a glimmer of what their relationship is/or used to be.

I am talking about what the actor chooses to do, in order to sell or fill in what goes on in the white space of fiction. By white space, meaning, what the viewer is not shown explictly. I felt that Ben (as Mitchell) did this by getting in her personal space.
                        I agree, but we have to be careful sometimes that "camera shot" isn't mistaken for "personal space". I think sometimes television characters stand closer together than IRL because they need to be in the same up close [or medium] camera shot.

BTW, someone needs to slap whoever named these characters. It was funny at first, but I had to reread a few posts and concentrate on the names instead of the words because I was confusing the Lam, Dan, Cam, Sam mix. Don't anybody abbreviate the general's name to Lan or I might get violent. --or have to eat chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                          It's the scene where Cameron and Carolyn are in the observation room questioning the Lt. after he has been picked up and quarrentined following Hammond's speech.
                          I remember the scene, but I don't remember... oh, wait, I just reread the thing I'm responding to and I first read the 'nickname' "sponge bath comment dude" as saying that he made the comment in front of Lam. That's what I get when I rush, but I just had to log on and find out if everybody loved the shows as much as I did. I'll have to watch that scene again to see if
                          Spoiler:
                          there was an opening for Lam to say anything about relationships.

Comment

BTW, someone needs to slap whoever named these characters. It was funny at first, but I had to reread a few posts and concentrate on the names instead of the words because I was confusing the Lam, Dan, Cam, Sam mix. Don't anybody abbreviate the general's name to Lan or I might get violent. --or have to eat chocolate.
                            You and me both, LOL! Precisely why I've called Lam by her first name of Carolyn lately.

Comment

One more thing about the sponge bath comment: I was hoping that Mitchell would give the guy a little nod after the dressing down. It's not like guys don't make those kinds of comments all the time, inappropriate or not. Heck, go read the Thunk thread*; we make worse comments. Mitchell was right to say what he did, but I think a little nod would have let the Lt. know that he was "forgiven this once, but now you know the score..." Instead, he just kept the stone face. Just my opinion. And not that that lessens my Mitchell-love any!

*Or I could be thinking of a thunk thread on another forum - I don't want to upset anyone. I haven't found the comments here [or even on that other thread] to be inappropriate. Just... enthusiastic. Heck, I wasn't even bothered by the Lt's comment. But then, I don't bother easily. Hence, the screenname...
                              [actually, that's not the reason for it... ]
                              Last edited by ChillinTheMost; 18 September 2005, 08:07 AM.

Comment

One more thing about the sponge bath comment: I was hoping that Mitchell would give the guy a little nod after the dressing down. It's not like guys don't make those kinds of comments all the time, inappropriate or not. Heck, go read the Thunk thread; we make worse comments. Mitchell was right to say what he did, but I think a little nod would have let the Lt. know that he was "forgiven this once, but now you know the score..." Instead, he just kept the stone face. Just my opinion. And not that that lessens my Mitchell-love any!
                                Exactly why I think there may be more to it and not just on the Carolyn Lam front. It was only fairly recently that Cameron Mitchell was laid up and seriously injured, probably having to be sponge-bathed by nurses for a while. To him, this comment would probably not qualify as a joke at any level. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X