This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Gaterelle *waves*

That was a stand-out scene in that eppy... and hopefully, we'll have plenty more to come.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Ben's stunt action in 'Babylon'

"Over on the 'Babylon' location, Ben Browder continues to impress, insisting on performing his own stunts and taking a beating (quite literally) for his troubles."
    (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a message at his blog)

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley
      Between cousins??? I'm scandalized!
      (I'm late but happy birthday, Chillin!)
      Hee. Kissing cousins. Although, I think I prefer the romance story over the cousin one. In theory. In practical application, I'm not sure...

And thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
        Awww... I didn't look at it that way either, but now you've mentioned that I'm having the same reaction. I'm hot on your heels

Comment

It's probably not the most interesting spoilers of the year, but like this thread is in page 3 ...
          SPOLIERS for the episode "The Scourge" :
          Spoiler:
          Daniel have a discussion with the Chinese representative. She asks him how well the new guy is doing and he says something to the effect : we haven't started looking for his replacement yet.
          Later, Mitchell and Daniel have a discussion. There is a backstory going on between them in this story- that of the US military keeping any kind of military advancements to themselves and not sharing that with the other countries of the Gate alliance Treaty. Daniel says that the treaty doesn't distinguish the off-world technologies in this way. Mitchell doesn't agree with him, he ends the discussion with : "I'm right and we'll leave it at that". Daniel turns to Teal'c and says : "Teal'c, what do you think?". Teal'c doesn't want to be caught in the middle of this argument. His response : "I think I should have remained with the tour."
          Last edited by Hurley; 31 August 2005, 12:09 PM.
          "We will do as I say" Bra'tac

Comment

Interesting, Hurley. If that is true, I'm surprised, because I would see it happening the opposite way:
            Spoiler:
            Mitchell, being military, would want to keep alien technology within the US due to defensive purposes and Daniel would seem the type to want to share all knowledge and technology. Daniel seems like the "full disclosure" kind of person, where Mitchell seems the type to understand the need for state secrets and things like that. Interesting...

Comment

I found this Spoliers on the Forum of OUR STARGATE, so I don't know if it's completely reliable (they have access to some pages of the script). But I don't have the same interpretation of this spoilers.
              Spoiler:
              I believe that Mitchell doesn't want to share the off-world technologies, because, usually the US military keep ANY KIND of military advancements. On the contrary, Daniel want to share the alien technology because the Gate alliance Treaty distinguish this kind of technology and allow his sharing with the countries of the Gate alliance.
              But perhaps, I'm wrong (my english isn't really good).

Comment

Now I'm really confused. Are you saying it's the other way around now? I'm not being argumentative or anything, just trying to get it straight. I can understand if you got confused, first language or not. We get very confused and it's our only language!

Comment

I'm just saying that I'm confused too because I don't understand this spoilers in the same way.
                  I'm not saying it's "the other way around", I'm saying that I THINK, it's the other way around.
                  Last edited by Hurley; 31 August 2005, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Questions answered by Joe last night.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Neelan_Liquor
                    Hey again, Joe.

I realize that the upcoming Babylon will be a very Mitchell-centric eppy, but there's a lot of concern that Mitchell isn't leading anyone anywhere yet. It seems he's been used (mostly) as wallpaper. Are we going to see him behave like a leader in this week's Beachhead? *fingers crossed*

Thanks!

Well, since Beachhead already aired, I guess you have your answer.

Some good Mitchell episodes upcoming: Babylon, Collateral Damage, and Stronghold.
                    So, now that Cameron is the established leader with his team in place, we should really start to see all the character elements put in place starting to gel and be emphasised. Yay... more Mitchell!

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ShardsofGlass
                    Joe,

Why hasn't Mitchell been given more to do so far? Not only has he had very few lines and not helped drive any of the storylines, he's been blocked to be behind other people and been given less close-ups, which makes Mitchell virtually invisible. Many people are very unhappy. Right now, it's as if he's a supporting character and not the lead. What's going on with his character?

A couple of things. Mitchell is a terrific character, but the show is called Stargate SG-1 - so all of the characters (including Mitchell) should be given an opportunity to shine. Secondly, we had a lot of ground to cover in those first six episodes (with the introduction of new characters, a new villain, new dynamic). Check out upcoming episodes for more Mitchell.

Comment

A couple of time a southern accent came out Mitchell. I began wondering what part of the US he was from. Mitchell could be from Tennessee/North Carolina (Ben was born in Tennessee and graduated from high school in North Carolina, according IMBd.) Remember that Jack (as was RDA) from Minnesota.

What do you gals/guys think?

Comment

GW has infromation on the episode "Arthur's Mantle" here.

Can't wait until to see this one because
                        Spoiler:
                        Cameron gets to kick some major butt.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                          A couple of time a southern accent came out Mitchell. I began wondering what part of the US he was from. Mitchell could be from Tennessee/North Carolina (Ben was born in Tennessee and graduated from high school in North Carolina, according IMBd.) Remember that Jack (as was RDA) from Minnesota.

I hope they do use Ben's natural regional accent Grey and make him from NC... I think he moved around age 5/6 didn't he? So, he's more NC than Memphis really. He's spent ages trying to limit the accent, so it must be strange to have to draw on these southern tones/mannerisms once again.

I remember the some fans in their reports on the Saturns this year, speaking with the TWO Mrs. Browders... Fran and Ben's Mum, saying that the lady had a really broad Southern Accent.

Comment

Yay! More Mitchell!

I hope they are good episodes!

Eh, who am I kidding, I'll like them!

Comment

Originally posted by greytop

I think they've sort of already established that he's southern. Or maybe that's just me. I'm mostly thinking of the scene with the Prior when he talks about his grandmother. He seemed like a southerner then. Like his voice had a southern inflection, if not accent. And he always seems to be a southern gentleman.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                                I think they've sort of already established that he's southern. Or maybe that's just me. I'm mostly thinking of the scene with the Prior when he talks about his grandmother. He seemed like a southerner then. Like his voice had a southern inflection, if not accent. And he always seems to be a southern gentleman.
                                I agree - he does seem to be a southern gentleman - and did anyone see how much he loved his outfit in "TTTB"? He's such a little cowboy

Comment

Working...
                                X