This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG Barb....hilarious.

Here are spoilers from the new TV Zone 203. Barb, you are going to love the first one from Ben

Spoiler:

Snippets from on-set report in TV Zone 203

Although he cannot reveal specifics, star Ben Browder offers up a little tidbit about what’s being shot this morning, and the situation in which his character Colonel Mitchell finds himself:

Mitchell is handcuffed to a bed with Vala standing over him. ‘That’s pretty much all you need to know,” chuckles the actor. “Watch for the scene.” (Momento Mori)

Mallozzi:

“I mean, there’s Morpheus, which is the first episode that Paul Mullie and I wrote for SG-1 this season. It’s an off-world, weird, kind of quiet mystery juxtaposed with this comedic B-story involving the Vala character. I’m so happy with how it turned out.” The episode was an opportunity to use the chemistry that Ben Browder and Co-star Claudia Black, now making her SG-1 character of Vala into a full regular, demonstrated on their old series, Farscape.

SG-1 stunt supervisor Dan Shea: Reviews the final details of a stunt in Momento Mori:

“In this particular scene, Mitchell commandeers a motorcycle and zooms through traffic and pops wheelies as he chases a car that has absconded with Vala,” notes Shea. “In order to shoot this, we’re taking over a major roadway, Highway 91. When I first heard this I thought, ‘You’ve got to be kidding.’ But yes, we’ll be taking over two lanes of this highway and as I said, our hero will be popping wheelies and weaving around cars.

“At the end of the chase, which we’ll be shooting on another day and at a different location, we’re going to roll the car. The Vala character will be inside the car and she’ll elbow the person in the backseat and then kick the guy in the front seat, causing him to lose control of the vehicle. We’ll then cut to an exterior of the rolling car. Everything, of course, has been prepped. The SFX department has taken a month or so to get everything ready. There will be a nitrogen ram inside the car, and at the appropriate time our stunt driver will pitch the car and start it sliding. We’ll then hit the button on the ram, which will cause the car to roll. We don’t want it to roll to many times, though. Hopefully on the day of filming it will land on its roof and slide. We can then put our actors inside and push the car the last few feet in the frame.”

Beau Bridges:

“I think I’ve grown much more comfortable in the role, especially when it comes to saying a lot of the Sci-Fi lingo,” smiles Bridges. “The latter is always a little challenging, but I’ve certainly been inspired by watching Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping and the way they handle all that sort of techno-speak that Dr. Jackson and Major Carter get.

“This cast is fantastic and I enjoy working with all of them. Of course, bringing Claudia Black in as a regular this year is a smart move. She and I had some good
    scenes together last year and that’s been true again so far this season. I’m pleased to say that my character and Ben’s are interacting more in Year 10 as well. There’s a terrific episode we did called Uninvited in which Mitchell ends up in a situation where he has to spend some time alone with the General. There’s a great deal of humour in the story, but eventually some aliens show up and the mood turns more serious.

“In another episode, Landry gets to go off-world again and even fires a weapon, so I’m having the time of my life.”

More on Momento Mori:

In one scene, General Landry has some stern words for a Trust operative named Weaver, played by guest-star Brendan Beiser, who was the ill-fated nice guy Agent Pendrell on The X-Files.

More on The Quest: (Mid season 2 parter)

Mallozzi wrote the first half and Paul the second. "It's a sort of epic tale along the lines of Dungeons and Dragons. If you ever played that or enjoy fantasy-type stories then this is the one for you."

Comment

AQOJaC: KAS!!!! Report to the thunk thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
        AQOJaC: KAS!!!! Report to the thunk thread.
        KasCC: She's just on her way pronto General. She's just been reporting my new activities!

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
          OMG Barb....hilarious.

Here are spoilers from the new TV Zone 203. Barb, you are going to love the first one from Ben

Spoiler:

Although he cannot reveal specifics, star Ben Browder offers up a little tidbit about what’s being shot this morning, and the situation in which his character Colonel Mitchell finds himself:

Mitchell is handcuffed to a bed with Vala standing over him. ‘That’s pretty much all you need to know,” chuckles the actor. “Watch for the scene.” (Momento Mori)

Mallozzi:

“I mean, there’s Morpheus, which is the first episode that Paul Mullie and I wrote for SG-1 this season. It’s an off-world, weird, kind of quiet mystery juxtaposed with this comedic B-story involving the Vala character. I’m so happy with how it turned out.” The episode was an opportunity to use the chemistry that Ben Browder and Co-star Claudia Black, now making her SG-1 character of Vala into a full regular, demonstrated on their old series, Farscape.

SG-1 stunt supervisor Dan Shea: Reviews the final details of a stunt in Momento Mori:

“In this particular scene, Mitchell commandeers a motorcycle and zooms through traffic and pops wheelies as he chases a car that has absconded with Vala,” notes Shea. “In order to shoot this, we’re taking over a major roadway, Highway 91. When I first heard this I thought, ‘You’ve got to be kidding.’ But yes, we’ll be taking over two lanes of this highway and as I said, our hero will be popping wheelies and weaving around cars.

“At the end of the chase, which we’ll be shooting on another day and at a different location, we’re going to roll the car. The Vala character will be inside the car and she’ll elbow the person in the backseat and then kick the guy in the front seat, causing him to lose control of the vehicle. We’ll then cut to an exterior of the rolling car. Everything, of course, has been prepped. The SFX department has taken a month or so to get everything ready. There will be a nitrogen ram inside the car, and at the appropriate time our stunt driver will pitch the car and start it sliding. We’ll then hit the button on the ram, which will cause the car to roll. We don’t want it to roll to many times, though. Hopefully on the day of filming it will land on its roof and slide. We can then put our actors inside and push the car the last few feet in the frame.”

Beau Bridges:

“I think I’ve grown much more comfortable in the role, especially when it comes to saying a lot of the Sci-Fi lingo,” smiles Bridges. “The latter is always a little challenging, but I’ve certainly been inspired by watching Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping and the way they handle all that sort of techno-speak that Dr. Jackson and Major Carter get.

“This cast is fantastic and I enjoy working with all of them. Of course, bringing Claudia Black in as a regular this year is a smart move. She and I had some good
          scenes together last year and that’s been true again so far this season. I’m pleased to say that my character and Ben’s are interacting more in Year 10 as well. There’s a terrific episode we did called Uninvited in which Mitchell ends up in a situation where he has to spend some time alone with the General. There’s a great deal of humour in the story, but eventually some aliens show up and the mood turns more serious.

“In another episode, Landry gets to go off-world again and even fires a weapon, so I’m having the time of my life.”

More on Momento Mori:

In one scene, General Landry has some stern words for a Trust operative named Weaver, played by guest-star Brendan Beiser, who was the ill-fated nice guy Agent Pendrell on The X-Files.

Mallozzi wrote the first half and Paul the second. "It's a sort of epic tale along the lines of Dungeons and Dragons. If you ever played that or enjoy fantasy-type stories then this is the one for you."
          JUMPING UP AND DOWN ON HER BED SCREAMING YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD, I"M SO EXCITING FOR THE NEW SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU KAS, THANK YOU FOR THAT SPOILER.
          LONG LOST TWIN SISTER OF PURPLE

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
            OMG Barb....hilarious.

Spoiler:

Mallozzi:

Beau Bridges:

More on Momento Mori:

OMG!!!!! Be still my heart. *dies*

Comment

Barb, you got any good blood pressure meds?
              If not i'll take it to the Thunk thread.

Comment

Laundry in an effort to stop the madness that has become the SG-1 mission decides to send the team out on the Odyssey in hopes they avoid the magnetic pulse. The team get to Planet PB4-UGO and find a quaint little medival village. Mitchell calls Monty Python, Daniel calls Merlin, Sam chooses the Princess Bride, Teal'c picks the Four Musketeers and Vala says Robin Hood. The team looks at her in confusion and Mitchell tells her they already did that episode. She just grins and tells them that she likes the costumes.

They team continues into the villagers and run into the group of local townfolk with pitchforks and knives and the locals surround them. Daniel is pressed into service and a lot of talking ensues and the team finds out the local citizen have been kidnapped by Baal and taken to a secret location as slaves for a new business venture. Sam talks with the village elders and that one person in the village they always trails the villian and send them on the the next plot point and determines where Baal is located. Teal'c becomes quite verbose and points out they may have broken the curse and actually be in a normal episode. Mitchell jumps up to slap him upside the head and tells him not to jinx it.

The Odyssey is cloaks and proceeds to Baal super secret new hideaway. They almost get lost except for the trail of Burma Shave signs (your are old if you get that joke) and the huge neon signs that point "THIS WAY TO LATEST SENSATION - DON"T MISS IT - ONLY 20 MILLIONS MILES AWAY"

Mitchell glares at Teal'c and tells him it is all his fault. They finally arrive at the destination their jaws drop. Baal has set up a giant car, well ship, wash complete with girls in bikins, guys in tight shorts and disco song "CAR WASH" going full blast. The ship wash also has a disco roller skating arena. Team meeting is held and the Odyssey is obviously too dirty to proceed any further and the join the line, hand the keys to the attendent and head indoors.

They proceed to the roller rink and prepare to boogie on down. Unforunately no skates can be found to fit Teal'c and he is despondant. The lady at the desk points out they also have a karoke bar and tonight "Americal Idol" is holding auditions. Teal'c screams with delight and rushes off to join the throng.

Vala and Daniel and Sam and Mitchell decide to see who can do the best "John Travolta" imitation and proceed to hit the dance floor. Luckily Daniel and Vala go for the Saturday Night Fever version while Sam and Mitchell do the Pulp Fiction version and they dance the night away.

The party continues until the wee hours of the night until Teal'c runs in yelling that they have to leave immediately. The team runs away and the lady at the desk runs after them screaming the skates are rentals. She stops after she sees the security team is running after SG-1 too. Gunfights and close calls ensues but they make it back safely to their ship.

Sam asks Teal'c what happens but the Jaffa remains silent. Daniel trys coaxing the answer out of him but Teal'c goes and pouts in the corner. Finally, Mitchell orders him to answer the question and Teal'c say he didn't have to be so mean. Daniel asks him who was mean. Teal'c replies Simon. Sam groans and asks Teal'c what he did. Teal'c gives a sly smile and replies that if Simon didn't know that pipe was a waste conduit he shouldn't have allowed himself to be thrown down it. Mitchell cracks up and they start singing Ten Billion Cans of Beer on the Wall as they head home.

Yes, tonight I am on allergy medicine. Can you tell the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by cajnjirl
                  Barb, you got any good blood pressure meds?
                  If not i'll take it to the Thunk thread.
                  Actually I do, I'll send some down via John/Cam mail. I need two of them now but if I send one of them alone he always get distracted by you. I'm not even asking what you do with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                    OMG Barb....hilarious.

Spoiler:

Mallozzi:

Beau Bridges:

More on Momento Mori:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for these! These are absolutely awesome spoilers! Season 10 looks like it's shaping up to be really, really fun! And that first one from Ben, oooh my!

Comment

Originally posted by gbbarb
                      Actually I do, I'll send some down via John/Cam mail. I need two of them now but if I send one of them alone he always get distracted by you. I'm not even asking what you do with them.

Comment

Laundry sends the team on a mission alone after determining he never wants to go thru the gate again. Once again a magnetic pulse hits the wormhole and the team is transported to the Roaring 20s. The guys are in zoot suits and the girls in flapper dresses and all are relieved to be adequately clothed. The costume department had the EZ bake oven and brownie mix taken away until they started doing their job better so the team look fabulous.
                        Nooooo! Someone give the costume department back their EZ bake oven!

Comment

Yes, tonight I am on allergy medicine. Can you tell the difference?
                          LOL, yes, you've lost the P out of your PG! Still fun though!

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                            OMG Barb....hilarious.

Kas, thank you so much for the spoilers! They sound great. Hey, were there any new pictures in the mag?

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                              Kas, thank you so much for the spoilers! They sound great. Hey, were there any new pictures in the mag?
                              No new pics unfortunately. But the pics used for the preview 'Straight out the Gate' were of Ben, Claudia and Beau. The main double pic of the article was a manip of the stargate with the great promo close-up pic of Ben from 'The Scourge' blended into the watery wormhole and a small one of the prior to the centre. It's very well done...I like it. Sorry I can't scan at present. It's all I can do to keep this old lap-top alive.

There was a small piece from Michael Shanks on how he's enjoyed filming the 200 episode... a little from David Hewlett on filming with sister Kate on Atlantis...

Most of the coverage was of SG-1...

Also a little on the sets and spoilers for The Quest:

Spoiler:
                              For The Quest - Director Andy Mikita

"The story is reminiscent of last seasons Avalon, in that our heroes are having to solve a number of puzzles in their quest for the Sangraal, which, if you remember, is the weapon that Merlin was supposedly working on to defeat the Ori. Morena Baccarin, who was Inara in Firefly, also returns in this episode as Adria, the daughter of Vala and leader of the Ori's right-hand guys, the Priors, and their armies.

"We'll be reinventing that set (cave set) a little bit and creating a neat stalactite/stalagmite type of environment. We're planning to do some adjustments on our standing village set as well, which will include building a partial castle-like facade on one end. As with the cave set, we want to mix things up a bit and make them look slightly different."
                              Last edited by Kas; 24 May 2006, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream-a-Little
                                LOL, yes, you've lost the P out of your PG! Still fun though!
                                Apparently I became very verbose, my muse has fled for the night due to Kas spoilers so maybe more later this week

Comment

Working...
                                X