• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      jumper, you forgot to show when the giants first showed themselves, sam and jack freaked out and literally ran to another spot. it was cute (and shippy ).
      I just had to go watch that episode, and I notice at the spot where Sam and Jack run to another spot, Jack reaches out to Sam and I think he put his hand on her back. May have to go back and watch again ... such a hardship.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        I just had to go watch that episode, and I notice at the spot where Sam and Jack run to another spot, Jack reaches out to Sam and I think he put his hand on her back. May have to go back and watch again ... such a hardship.
        Oh, the *agony*!

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

When listening to the radio this morning (I get a radio station from Victoria, B.C.), the announcers were talking about and praising Evangeline Lily (from "Lost", and who was born in Canada) for being such a wonderful, lovely, down to earth young woman who wants to use her earnings from "Lost" to do charitable work, etc. Which I thought was very nice.

But, I just had to send the radio station an e-mail asking if they'd ever heard of an amazing star who lives right in their own backyard of Vancouver, B.C., who has been a star of a long-running, popular TV series, and is now the star of her own series, and who does all sorts of charitable work, while continuing to work on her TV show, and who is probably one of the most down to earth, nice people they'd ever want to meet, and very much a role model, etc., etc., etc. You can imagine other stuff I might have put in there, too.

And I said if they were going to praise this one star, perhaps they should also be praising another star who has made a rather large (and good) impact on all sorts of things, and is starting her own charity to help underfunded charities who get lost in the shuffle of big charities.

I listen to this radio station every day, so will be keeping my ears open to see if they say anything about Amanda (**keeps fingers crossed**).

Comment

When listening to the radio this morning (I get a radio station from Victoria, B.C.), the announcers were talking about and praising Evangeline Lily (from "Lost", and who was born in Canada) for being such a wonderful, lovely, down to earth young woman who wants to use her earnings from "Lost" to do charitable work, etc. Which I thought was very nice.

But, I just had to send the radio station an e-mail asking if they'd ever heard of an amazing star who lives right in their own backyard of Vancouver, B.C., who has been a star of a long-running, popular TV series, and is now the star of her own series, and who does all sorts of charitable work, while continuing to work on her TV show, and who is probably one of the most down to earth, nice people they'd ever want to meet, and very much a role model, etc., etc., etc. You can imagine other stuff I might have put in there, too.

And I said if they were going to praise this one star, perhaps they should also be praising another star who has made a rather large (and good) impact on all sorts of things, and is starting her own charity to help underfunded charities who get lost in the shuffle of big charities.

I listen to this radio station every day, so will be keeping my ears open to see if they say anything about Amanda (**keeps fingers crossed**).
            Lost is far more popular than Stargate...

Comment

First Time Poster Long Time Lurker

IMO the only reason Evangeline Lily got a mention is because she's in a popular main stream show. If stargate/sanctuary were as popular as lost then yes Amanda would get a mention. the sad truth is though if they did praise Amanda's charity work and general character, most of the audience would go "who?"

And I suppose i better post a picture...

http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.p...ictureid=15759
              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                Lost is far more popular than Stargate...
                That may be so, but I never watched "Lost" beyond the first year, because I really found it confusing and for me ... boring!

But I have watched all 10 years of "Stargate", and for me (as well, I think, for many other fans) "Stargate" is far more interesting and better to watch.

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post

IMO the only reason Evangeline Lily got a mention is because she's in a popular main stream show. If stargate/sanctuary were as popular as lost then yes Amanda would get a mention. the sad truth is though if they did praise Amanda's charity work and general character, most of the audience would go "who?"
                My point was not about who was in the most watched program.

I don't care anything about who is in a popular main stream show and who isn't, or who is more famous than somebody else just because they are in a mainstream popular show.

My point (and their's apparently) had to do with being born in Canada (which Evangeline Lilly was) - not about who they were or which was more famous - and I thought it acceptable to point out to the radio station that there were other well known Canadian celebrities they could be praising (regardless of whether they were in something mainstream, and perhaps they should be checking out those people as well).

But apparently my point was missed.

Comment

That may be so, but I never watched "Lost" beyond the first year, because I really found it confusing and for me ... boring!

But I have watched all 10 years of "Stargate", and for me (as well, I think, for many other fans) "Stargate" is far more interesting and better to watch.

My point was not about who was in the most watched program.

I don't care anything about who is in a popular main stream show and who isn't, or who is more famous than somebody else just because they are in a mainstream popular show.

My point (and their's apparently) had to do with being born in Canada (which Evangeline Lilly was) - not about who they were or which was more famous - and I thought it acceptable to point out to the radio station that there were other well known Canadian celebrities they could be praising (regardless of whether they were in something mainstream, and perhaps they should be checking out those people as well).

But apparently my point was missed.
                  Was by me
                  People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post

And I suppose i better post a picture...

Welcome to the newbie!

Good for you Hedwig. I have e-mailed The Hour which is really the only Canadian TV talk show left and have suggested AT as a guest.

Stargatefan is right that AT would not be as well known as EL but she would be better known if given the opportunity. As a Canadian it bugs me that we too often give PR to celebrities from elsewhere or those Canadians who "make it" in the States. We should be giving at least as much time to our own stars. In fact, I think we should concentrate even more on those who choose to stay home and support our local industry.

The Geminis (the Cdn equivalent of the Emmys) has barely acknowledged Stargate in the past yet the show is one of the most successful shows ever produced in Canada. Go figure.
                    Last edited by EH-T; 02 June 2009, 12:14 PM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      Welcome to the newbie!

Good for you Hedwig. I have e-mailed The Hour which is really the only Canadian TV talk show left and have suggested AT as a guest.

Stargatefan is right that AT would not be as well known as EL but she would be better known if given the opportunity. As a Canadian it bugs me that we too often give PR to celebrities from elsewhere or those Canadians who "make it" in the States. We should be giving at least as much time to our own stars. In fact, I think we should concentrate even more on those who choose to stay home and support our local industry.

The Genies (the Cdn equivalent of the Emmys) has barely acknowledged Stargate in the past yet the show is one of the most successful shows ever produced in Canada. Go figure.
                      Yep it's that bias they have against scifi shows, where they can't even get the show right that the actor is on
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        Yep it's that bias they have against scifi shows, where they can't even get the show right that the actor is on

That would be almost all of the awards shows.

This is what I think of that:

www.gateworld.net/gallery
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

and now she has bookends
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            and now she has bookends
                            This is her fourth?

Comment

THANK YOU!!

amanda looks *great* and wow!! and these pics are a lot more wonderful and i'm WOWing here!

thanks, pars!!
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X