Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Her choices of dresses are very pretty and all, but (just IMO, mind you), gold isn't her color (and, personally, I didn't like that last gold dress; I didn't think it suited her). I'd just like to see her in a few pretty colors for a change (but that's just me). Maybe she just prefers more neutral colors.
    Originally posted by dmovies View Post
    Strange, I was thinking the same thing driving to work the other day. She really needs to ease up on the black thing. The dark hair would look so much better with some lighter and brighter color clothes.
    I actually love the black dresses she wears. They suit her very very well. But I do agree, the gold just seems a little too...I dunno...gold??
    I'll bet she's a denim and lace girl at heart. Maybe. Either way, I think she looks stunning! And I'm not biased. Nuh-uh...not me!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      Huh!! I was thinking the same thing Sally! She's gorgeous just the way she always is! I kinda noticed that in the Australian premiere of Sanctuary video earlier that she looked a little thin but then I thought maybe it was my screen or the way it was shot. Still....she's awesome!!!
      I'm going to have to chime in on this. Please do keep in mind that I simply adore Amanda and was over-the-moon-excited to meet her at the beginning of this month.

That said, my first thought on seeing her was, OMG!!! She's soooo skinny! And I really do mean that I was stunned. I know the camera adds 10lbs, but wow, the woman's positively tiny!

I know it's hard to compare with me standing next to her (anybody would look like a stick!), but...I will admit to having had a flash of concern. The loose, blousy shirt she's wearing really hides the fact that when she turns sideways she is super, super thin.

Now...Rocky, my love (or anyone else, for that matter). Don't beat me over the head. In no way am I suggesting that our beloved AT is anorexic. Okay? Not by a longshot.

Just...as a fan and as a former medical professional I was concerned. I think the woman works incredibly hard to bring us the show of which she's so justifiably proud - add to that her travels to make our fangurling so much more meaningful... I imagine that gets wearing on both mind and body.

Always...as always...keeping in mind that my observations are my own and voiced only out of loving concern for a woman I respect and admire immensely.

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
        Sally, she's talking about the size of Jack's
        Spoiler:
        hands, of course!
        his feet???

which you know are supposed to be proportionate to.....

As to the dresses, yeah, she's been wearing a lot of black. I think some of those might have been bought for Helen and since Amanda likely bought them for the character, she wears them 'off duty'

that gold dress....yeah, didn't suit her coloring. Now if it had been ruby red, garnet red, emerald green, royal blue, even possibly a topaz yellow i think it would have worked. I didn't find it flattering at all

As to her being skinny, you know, i know where you guys are coming from, and i respect it. But i also know that, at a con on year, she had a bit of a tummy and the 'is she preggers' rumors started. Darned if you do, darned if you don't. That's why I don't really want to get into that discussion.

I also know that a lot of actors have their 'on duty' and 'off duty' looks. Jamie Bamber once talked about, when he was filming, he'd have to lose 10 pounds and dye his hair and i know that, during hte last few seasons of stargate, AT had extensions put into her hair that she'd have to cut off a few months later to again have sam's hair length.

Look at People magazine and it's not uncommon at all to see so and so actor gaining 20+ pounds for a role, or losing a lot of weight to play a role. It's part of their job. They are, in essence, selling themselves, and sometimes that results in their bodies being effected. Just how it is
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Comment

I'm curious to know why Emilie is not seen in any of these photos?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              I'm curious to know why Emilie is not seen in any of these photos?
              She didn't attend the Gala Awards Ceremony, but was there the night before for the Celebration Awards Ceremony (haven't seen any photos though).

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                And the Leo fr best woman on Earth goes to... Amanda Tapping Skinny? Not our Amanda .
                I agree...on both fronts. The woman has an awesome soul, and it shines both inside and out. And having been specifically touched by her heart and her concern for me and my family, in Vancouver and in Los Angeles a month later, I can say that with more than just fan-celebrity adoration. I can say that with complete sincerity and knowledge.

And, having said that, on the issue of weight, I recently lost 40 pounds. I went from obese to just slightly overweight. I still have a little ways to go to actually be the DOCTOR's measure of healthy...and that's heavier than they used to say.

Amanda is in no way too heavy or too skinny. She, like myself, and like so many out there, including, I'm sure, some of you, has certain issues with certain areas that you simply can't spot reduce. If she loses weight it's going to be everywhere. If she gains it, same issue.

Having met the woman so many times (and that's not a brag...just a point of reference) I can assure you she has not changed very much in the last few years. She looks exactly the same now as she did in Vancouver in April. Yet, in my photos, she looked 10 pounds heavier, if not more. But she didn't look that way in person. It's all in the angle of the photo, the definition of the make up, and yes, the clothing.

Hence the black dresses. They are slimming. It's the same for the rest of us. When I wore my black and white and purple printed top in Vancouver I looked easily 20 pounds lighter than when I wore my light brown top with her in Los Angeles, 3 weeks later. I hadn't gained nor lost a pound.

So please, before anyone makes anymore jokes, or concerned replies about weight can we please take this into consideration?

Amanda has, does, and will occasionally read GW, per her own mouth. Per her own words she takes what the fans think VERY seriously. In our hour luncheon in Vancouver it was very clear to me (and likely to the others) exactly how much the fans mean to her, and how much their opions shape her, no pun intended.

I would never forgive myself, nor anyone else, who caused her harm or even a smidgeon of mental anguish over something as miniscule as the color of her clothes or whether or not she's gained or lost weight.

Let's get back to simply loving her, and giving her the respect and the adoration she shows to the fans at every turn.

It's only fair to give her back what she gives to so many, day in and day out.

I can honestly say, from the very purest stand point, that I was personally blessed the day I discovered Amanda Tapping, and that one hour in her presence in a room seating 10 will forever change the way you look at her.

She's an angel, and as for me, I intend to treat her as such.
                Last edited by LilFerret; 31 May 2009, 09:43 PM.
                Jenni

Comment

I agree with Jenni in that I didn't think Amanda looked that skinny. Not sure about the enlgish words, but she looked slim, good. I wasn't worried about her.

EDIT: to add that I meant when I saw her last april ...

I don't think it's wrong to voice a genuine concern about it here (like Pol did) though. And if it is, it's Sky's place to let us know. If Amanda does read what was said here, I'm sure she sees people are just concerned. She cares about her fans, we care about her too.
                  Last edited by SamJackShipLover; 01 June 2009, 01:53 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                    I agree with Jenni in that I didn't think Amanda looked that skinny. Not sure about the enlgish words, but she looked slim, good. I wasn't worried about her.
                    I don't think it's wrong to voice a genuine concern about it here (like Pol did) though. And if it is, it's Sky's pace to let us know. If Amanda does read what was said here, I'm sure she sees people are just concerned. She cares about her fans, we care about her too.
                    Couldn't have said it any better Lies. I initially had Pol, Sky and Jenni's posts selected to comment on but this pretty much sums it up.
                    Except that the photo in question did make Amanda look skinnier than I guess what we're used to seeing her as...BUT...then the second pic with the rest of the guys, she looked different again. SO I reckon the angle of the pic must have made her look thinner than normal.
                    I'm sure that Amanda is taking excellent care of herself...except for the sleep thing...that a lot of us seem to suffer from. But that's life I guess!
                    It's nice to know how many folks care about her health and well being. And that of others too. Makes me proud to be a Samandan and Stargate fan.
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

so..........

where's the pictures huh folks?

thought we were supposed to be thunking here
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        so..........

Legs

Comment

She's so cute with glasses

Comment

Sam in Crystal Skull Part 1

Spoiler:

sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              so..........

http://lilferret.livejournal.com/216373.html
                              sigpic

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X