Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    Jenni, have you contacted Kamil? I hope you do and there's some resolution to this. That seems grossly unfair.
    Originally posted by Alan View Post
    You definitely need to contact Kamil and set this straight ASAP.
    Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post

It's all been squared away now. As Pol mentioned it was a script error in the coding that worked before, but since the site's been upgraded the script does not, apparently, work the same as it did.

Even though my photos were posted after the site change, he didn't realize the coding wasn't taking.

Originally posted by The Kit Kat Lady View Post
    Not quite sure what your problem is since all of the photos for Creation Convention April 2009 are listed as "Courtesy of and by Jenni Cole". All of the photos are also listed as having been added on 11 April.
    Of course you're not sure. Because you didn't see the site when my note was posted.

And yup, the photos were posted on the 11th. The credit was posted today...the 20th.

And...to bring us back to AT: this is the photo I think I'm gonna have AT sign next week:
    http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...099_edited.jpg
    That's totally adorable, Pol! I love it. She'll get a good snicker out of it!

Originally posted by The Kit Kat Lady View Post
    Just couldn't understand what complaining in an open forum such as this had to do with that - yes I understand the frustration, but surely it would have been better to contact Kamil direct rather than mentioning it here. After all, what's GW got to do with Amanda's website or the person who runs it?
    They have a lot in common, actually. Like, Amanda, for instance. Or, say, the many, MANY fans here on this thread who may have already or may eventually submit photos to her official site.

Not to mention the ample amount of people here who visit her site often.

GW is not a world unto itself. Believe it or not, it IS actually influenced by the outside world.

People (her fans) deserve to know if there is a problem.

I'm sorry you would rather it stay private. But I do happen to care about my photos, and others' as well. And the support emails/messages I've received thanking me for bringing it to others' attention show me I'm not the only one.

Copyright is a very serious issue.

This thread is as much about sharing with FRIENDS as it is about WHAT we're sharing. That's why it was started. That's why it continues.
    Last edited by LilFerret; 20 April 2009, 05:33 PM.
    Jenni

Comment

Hey all,

I was making my soon to be posted 800 posts sig and whipped up a Sam Carter sig for fun.

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

I do SO love them. *sighs happily*

Hey guys, I wrote a ficlet. No gutter. Rated teen. Maybe Older Kids. I dunno.

As Luck Would Have It

Enjoy!
        Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by ooryl2 View Post
          Color in the pic is a bit off, it printed lighter than what the original was (see the pic in my profile). Taking the sig pic and the original into a photo studio tomorrow to see if they can do some color restoration thing on the sig pic, or lift the sig onto the original pic, or something.
          Hi there...how is this?

*spoiler for size*
          Spoiler:

A little better?
          Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
            It's all been squared away now. As Pol mentioned it was a script error in the coding that worked before, but since the site's been upgraded the script does not, apparently, work the same as it did.

Even though my photos were posted after the site change, he didn't realize the coding wasn't taking.

Of course you're not sure. Because you didn't see the site when my note was posted.

And yup, the photos were posted on the 11th. The credit was posted today...the 20th.

That's totally adorable, Pol! I love it. She'll get a good snicker out of it!

They have a lot in common, actually. Like, Amanda, for instance. Or, say, the many, MANY fans here on this thread who may have already or may eventually submit photos to her official site.

GW is not a world unto itself. Believe it or not, it IS actually influenced by the outside world.

I'm sorry you would rather it stay private. But I do happen to care about my photos, and others' as well. And the support emails/messages I've received thanking me for bringing it to others' attention show me I'm not the only one.

This thread is as much about sharing with FRIENDS as it is about WHAT we're sharing. That's why it was started. That's why it continues.
            Actually you made an assumption that I hadn't seen the website without the copyright name. I do actually go onto Amanda's website.

Also, like several people before me had posted, I was asking why the query hadn't gone to Kamil since the way you had written your post it suggested that you hadn't yet done that, but had just become frustrated that your photos looked as though they had been added without giving you credit.

Had any part of your post suggested that you had in fact contacted Kamil and that he had ignored your emails and still posted the photos I could have understood your anger and frustration more. The content of your post also hadn't suggested to people that they might need to be careful when sharing photos with that particular website in the future for fear of a repeat, but then I suppose that would have been jumping the gun... again.

Clearly making a simple query about your post has also frustrated and angered you due to the tone of your reply. Obviously there is a misunderstanding, perhaps based on content of the original message, or perhaps based on your understanding of my post.

Obviously too many assumptions have been made, or perhaps too much credit given that a polite query wouldn't result in the feeling of being jumped on. Also, please do not put words in my mouth suggesting that it be kept private as I never mention that anywhere in either of my posts - the correct context was that perhaps there was a better location, ie directly with Kamil, for your query to have been raised.

Comment

Sam in The Torment of Tantalus Part 1

Spoiler:

sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

And...to bring us back to AT: this is the photo I think I'm gonna have AT sign next week:
                spoilered for size

PS, if you snurtch it, credit me please for the manip...after all, I put the time in.
                LOL cool pic

indeed! we're very thankful for your awesome pics, I know I am

http://lilferret.livejournal.com/143573.html

Hey all,

I was making my soon to be posted 800 posts sig and whipped up a Sam Carter sig for fun.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...ter_Banner.gif
                ooh Death Knell nice sig

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/index.php

I do SO love them. *sighs happily*

Hey guys, I wrote a ficlet. No gutter. Rated teen. Maybe Older Kids. I dunno.

As Luck Would Have It

Enjoy!
                LOL Maybe he’d have to break something else of hers…

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...hotos/main.php
                sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Silly, silly Jack!
                    Jenni

Comment

Silly, silly Jack!
                      indeed

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...hotos/main.php
                      sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Sam in The Torment of Tantalus Part 2

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                              http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Sam/Atlantis/sga-2x14-1686_SMALL.jpg

OK...OMG...This must be an Atlantis ep cap...but I've never seen the ep? What ep should I be running out to get????

Ugh.
                              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

OK...OMG...This must be an Atlantis ep cap...but I've never seen the ep? What ep should I be running out to get????

Ugh.
                                Grace Under Pressure

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X