Cameron Mitchell/Vala Mal Doran Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SciFiFan View Post
    I agree with what you are both saying and wish it could have happened myself, but if you remember when news came out about BB and CB being on the show there was a lot of......(hate actually) aimed at them.

In an earlier post I stated I understood why to intergrate them made sense, if they had put them together right away, I think it would have alienated a lot of people.

That being said I totally disagree with the way they threw Daniel and Vala together. It irked me to no end. To me there is no chemestry.
    I'm not going to talk about other ships coz things can get overheated and blown out of proportion... But I agree with your point on the inclusion of Cam and Vala into Stargate. I can't speak for all 'Scapers but I know many who had not watched SG-1 began to and those SG-1 fans who had stuck with the show for the previous 8 years reacted on all ends of the spectrum.

I was thrilled when Cam was brought on but not with the first eps. In the Origin and Avalon eps

Spoiler:
    Where they burned Vala alive it was one of the most powerful and horrifying scenes I had seen on TV for a while. Literally had me on the edge of my seat with bated breath. That was amazing development both storywise and characterwise. What character wouldnt' change after being burned alive then given back life?

I don't think I fully warmed up to Cam until Babylon and Collateral Damage.

Spoiler:
    which again was good character development. I liked Collateral Damage as we got to see glimpses of Cam's past, what haunted him.

While I enjoyed Season 9 I'm enjoying Season 10 more. Almost like TPTB had to 'get into character' with the characters and unfortunatly we won't get to see that development continue in a series.

In season 10 we're seeing some of the chemistry between the characters now that they seem to have streched their wings so to speak.

There are so many different ships in SG-1 that range from the obvious to the slightly insane and in Season 10 I think that most of those ships got some tidbit. Some canon, some not.

As far as the C/V ship goes I think we can find something to discuss in all of the season 10 eps, and most of the season 9 eps (excluding the ones that Vala wasn't in.....)

Hmmmm. There's an idea, how 'bout having discussions on specific eps starting with season 9? Anyone else up for that?
    sigpic

Comment

Claud and Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
        I'm not going to talk about other ships coz things can get overheated and blown out of proportion... But I agree with your point on the inclusion of Cam and Vala into Stargate. I can't speak for all 'Scapers but I know many who had not watched SG-1 began to and those SG-1 fans who had stuck with the show for the previous 8 years reacted on all ends of the spectrum.

Sorry about that last sentence, didn't mean to offend anyone.

Comment

No worries. Not offended here, just didn't want myself to go off on a rant about many other ships I don't agree with. So far this thread has been one of the most tolerable ones for member's other ships and one of the reasons I love posting here and I don't want to be stiring the pot.
          sigpic

Comment

I had actually went on a rant and edited it out for the same reasons, I just should have taken out that last part too.

Comment

I'm off to bed as it's past the point of night time and getting into morning.. Night SciFiFan.
              sigpic

Comment

Night Toomie, that pic will be in my dreams

Comment

mornin shifts are really killin me atm... im ready to go back to bed... one more after today then i got a day off then... two more then off for four days. *yawns*
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey guys, looks like I missed some interesting convos here I do want to say I agree with most of you on that I wish they'd done more with BB and CB's chemistry and had Cam and Vala do more together. I definitely see Stef's point about not having two newbies together, especially on the outset. Not a D/V shipper myself but not going to get into that topic...

Quest 2 and Dominion spoilers

Spoiler:
                    I loved Cam's scenes with Vala in both eps... in Q2 because of how he helped her see what it was like to be a part of the team...the whole "congratulations, you really are one of us now" thing. And he did have a nice scene or two with her in Dominion regarding Adria.

As for the movies, going back to what Stef said...

Spoiler:
                    I'm thinking Ark of Truth will be more Tomin/Vala, at least a chunk of it. If Daniel is supposed to be absent for Tomin's interrogation, it would be nice to have a C/V scene in there.

Not sure how Continuum is going to be... would like some C/V at the end at least, and maybe some Cam angsting over Vala throughout it. I just hope (and sorry this is a bit O/T) there will be some nice team interaction that we've been missing so much this season, esp. with Jack/Sam/Daniel (since Teal'c will be gone).

Comment

*waves* I'm not dead... yet. Sorry I haven't been lively, RL has been hectic.. but enough about me...

Any new C/V fics? Any new bunnies CKO? (Yes I know that is dangerous, but after the last month and half of no muse, I am ready to gamble) Anything? More pics will be fine... *nods head* I can do with happy images and thoughts... and smutty fic. not picky....

*zooms back to looking like she still has "work" to do...*
                      Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

well lets see...

shall we see who's all interested in the fic thing?

i pretty much have a compy

so i guess whenever...
                        sigpic

Comment

Once I've caught up on the other threads I'll go back and find the latest version of the list of prompts. How bout we give it another week to see if we can get more prompts, then post the list. After that I was thinking instead of assigning prompts to people we just pick whatever takes our fancy, but not one you submitted. Can be any length, but I suggest a minimum of 100 words and posted here (under spoiler tags with appropriate rating...) FF.net, lj, or wherever it is that you folks usually post them.

Hey, CKO, did you want to put a list of the prompts on the GW C/V lj??? Do you want us to post links there to wherever we post the fics and ficlets?
                          sigpic

Comment

get me the list and i will... actually anyone can

both places are good...

Once I've caught up on the other threads I'll go back and find the latest version of the list of prompts. How bout we give it another week to see if we can get more prompts, then post the list. After that I was thinking instead of assigning prompts to people we just pick whatever takes our fancy, but not one you submitted. Can be any length, but I suggest a minimum of 100 words and posted here (under spoiler tags with appropriate rating...) FF.net, lj, or wherever it is that you folks usually post them.
                            sounds like a good idea... that and secondary ships are welcome too... SJ, or SD.. gotta keep both groups happy cuz i know there's both who like the CV ship..

Kate:

make the updated list and i'll post it up the LJ.

i know i keep missin ya on YIM... but been doin tons of morn shift plus been at PM's while her folks are outta town.. nihgt be on YIM tomarrow nite... not sure yet... i got wed. off... but then i work thurs/fri morn then a four day wkend...

i know i gotta get more of chp4 wrote out so ya'lls can have another teaser
                            sigpic

Comment

Here's what we've got so far...

love
                              hats
                              chocolate
                              dog tags
                              kangaroos
                              pictures
                              gesture
                              talking parrots
                              fate
                              destiny

As for secondary ships, by all means, write whatever turns ya crank. The only thing I ask is that it's rated accordingly and if there's more than one ship BOTH are indicated in the pairing warning. This way if anyone is highly offended or doesn't like to read fics of a certain ship they wont start reading it and leave a nasty review/comment at the end.

CKO
                              Spoiler:
                              Yeah, work went crazy again. Lost two managers last week and everything's going downhill very very rapidly. Not sure what's going to happen as my boss doesn't seem to care or want to help me deal with the overwhelming amount of work that is once again piling up on my shoulders. For right now I'm back to 6 days a week some double shifts. I won't be on until late tomorrow if I log in at all... after that it's down to evenings only if I'm not working....
                              sigpic

Comment

damn and im too lazy to go back and look at who posted what prompt too
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X