Cameron Mitchell/Vala Mal Doran Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
    How many do you need for a seperate category? I think I saw 6 somewhere. *trying to think of 6 completed fics to nom....*
    I was wondering this myself, and also if you needed to ask the auther first?

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiFan View Post
      I was wondering this myself, and also if you needed to ask the auther first?
      I don't think so. When you nominate (done tons already..lol) you need the web addy of where it's posted, name of fic, author and I think email for author. On FF usually there's the option on the authors profile to get the email. One I nommed didn't have an email so I just PM'd the author. There's a ton of rules on the site but the ones that stick to mind are no plagurised (sp?) fics/pics, has to be completed, correct rating and none of the banned authors or nothing that has been nominated before (so last years list...)

As far as I'm aware once the noms are in and it's closed they send out emails/reviews to the fics that were entered and the author has the responsibility of putting them in the right category.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
        I don't think so. When you nominate (done tons already..lol) you need the web addy of where it's posted, name of fic, author and I think email for author. On FF usually there's the option on the authors profile to get the email. One I nommed didn't have an email so I just PM'd the author. There's a ton of rules on the site but the ones that stick to mind are no plagurised (sp?) fics/pics, has to be completed, correct rating and none of the banned authors or nothing that has been nominated before (so last years list...)

As far as I'm aware once the noms are in and it's closed they send out emails/reviews to the fics that were entered and the author has the responsibility of putting them in the right category.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
        Thank you, looks like I need to get busy before tomorrow happens.

Comment

No, you're right. From what I read, I think you need like 5 (or 6) nominations to make up a category. The thing is though, just because you nominate a fic or piece of art doesn't mean it will make it on the final ballot. It's up to the artist whether or not they want to be a part of the awards....also, they get to chose what category to place the item in (so, if it's multi-ship or something, they could conceivably place it in another ship's category).

The thing that's kind of annoying (but understandable) is that you cannot have more than 10 nominations. Meaning, if someone is an AMAZING fic writer and they get nominated for 20 different things, they can only have 10 fics on the final "ballot." That's why I am trying to spread my nominations out...so that if someone decides not accept the nomination, we'll still fill up the category I really want to see Cam/Vala get their own!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

yes that would be nice
            sigpic

Comment

Alrighty then... going to search for some now. Anyone got any good ones? Post the links so we can all take a gander.
              sigpic

Comment

Hope I nominated right, first time doing it. It was fun though rereading fics I like is always a plus.

Comment

^ yup. I found one or two I hadn't read before.
                  sigpic

Comment

*pokes* so any more fic..

hmm Jess..

any more Rumor has it?!
                    sigpic

Comment

*pokes..*

PSSt

chp3 is done..

see --->>

http://ckojlf.livejournal.com/129672.html

sorry this is only the updated section... teh whole thing is too long to post here.

Spoiler:

“I see.”

“It took me a while to work through my grief.”

“So I take it you had to talk to someone before you were allowed back on duty?” He asked as he rested his hands on her shoulders and she leaned into his touch.

“Yeah.”

“You miss him still?” He replied.

“I always will but I also know that he wouldn’t want me to continue to hurt, he’d want me to be happy and to move on with my life.”

“And are you?” He asked.

“I’m with you. I’d have to say that’s a start.” She confessed.

“Yeah I guess it is.” He replied as he turned her around so that she was facing him, and took her face in his hands and brought her face to his as he lowered his lips to hers and kissed her gently.

She kissed him back and rested her forehead against his, “You getting hungry?”

“Actually I am… although right now food is the last thing on my mind.” He replied as he held her close.

She took his hand in hers and led him back into her room and backed him into the wall and kissed him deeply, “So do I have the right idea?”

“Yeah, but I’m not one to jump into bed with someone either.”

“Nor am I, although I would like to but we should at least wait ‘til we have at least one date.” She admitted as she softly nuzzled his neck before gently biting down.

“Gods Jana, when you do that it makes me want to just ravish every inch of your body.” He replied as his hands slid under her shirt and teased her bra clad breasts into firm peaks.

“Evan Marcus Lorne, you’re not making this any easier ’cuz the more you tease me the more I want to say to hell with it and have my dessert before dinner.”

“Well don’t you have the ability to teleport objects?” He asked as he slightly smirked at her.

“Not just objects my dear, but myself as well.” She murmured as she let her fingers slip under his shirt and slowly teased the firm muscles of his abs.

His eyes widened slightly, “What? Since when?” He asked softly as he nuzzled her neck before biting down softly.

“For awhile now.” She confessed.

“Well that’s still kinda freaky though.”

“A bit but I’ve gotten used to it, well I’m still getting used to it, might just take some time that’s all.”

“Yeah I would think so.”

Jana was about to say something but decided to do something else instead as she leaned into kiss him.

The kiss was tender and filled with emotion as their tongues tangled with each other.

The pair was still locked in a kiss as Weir’s voice floated over her ear piece, “Col. Foster, please report to my office.”

She and Evan broke off their kiss, and we’re breathing heavily. She waited ‘til her breathing got under control before answering, “On my way Elizabeth. Foster out.” And she rested her forehead against his chest, “I’ll be back shortly.”

“Do you want me to pick up something from the canteen?”

“Well if you want to unless you want to cook.”

“Well I do know how to cook. So perhaps I’ll make us something.” He replied as he kissed her softly.

“I’d like that.” She responded as she teleported out of her room.

-Weir’s office-

Elizabeth was in the middle of reading a report as Jana arrived in her office. She looked up and saw Jana standing there, “Damn!” she exclaimed and composed herself, “Now that’s just freaky.”

“You wanted to see me?” she asked.

“Yeah but I was at least expecting you to walk.” Weir replied.

“Sorry.” Jana replied as she apologized.

“I just found that it’s kinda weird that you would teleport… I mean you’re obviously able to do so.” She replied as she looked at Jana.

“Yeah I can.”

“How was your scouting mission?”

“We have the Wraith on one side, the Ori on the other and we have to deal with Ba’al and his many clones.”

“Oh fun.”

“SG1 is here as well, we’ll be here for a few days to rest then I’ll need AR1 and AR2 to join us for the rest of the mission.”
                      “I’ll assume that you’ll inform Colonel’s Sheppard and Lorne.”

“They’ll be told.”

“Okay.”

“Ma’am, Col. Mitchell and his fiancée want to get married on Atlantis. I said that I’d talk to you.”

“I see and who do the want to perform their ceremony?”

“They’d like me to do it.”

“You can do that?”

“Yes I can. I command my own ship and as it has been throughout the ages ships captains have performed ceremonies.” Jana replied.

“I see.”

“Ma’am, I want to do this for them.”

“I think that’s a good idea.” Weir replied as she looked at Jana.

“So shall I tell ‘em it’s okay.”

“Yeah.”

“I’ll let them settle in, and will talk to them sometime tomorrow.”

“Sounds good.”

“Do you need me for anything else?”

“No it just looks like that you can use some sleep.”

“Yeah it’s been a long few days.”

“Get some sleep Colonel.” Weir ordered as she looked at Jana, “I know I can’t order you or anything.”

“But you do have a point.” Jana replied as she stood up and beamed out of Weir’s office and back into her room.

-Jana’s room-

Lorne looked at her as she arrived back in her room.

“Jesus Jana, that’s really kinda freaky!” He exclaimed as he walked back over to her and kissed her.

“Dinner done?” She asked as she watched as he prepared their meal.

“Not yet, why don’t you go lay down for awhile. You look exhausted.”

“I am actually.” She admitted as she kissed him back and walked towards the bed, “Wake me when it’s down.”

“You know I will.”

Jana walked into her bedroom, removed her clothes and changed into a tank top and a pair of shorts and crawled into bed. She was asleep the moment her head hit the pillow.

End Chp 3

TBC in chp4
                      sigpic

Comment

Now my compy is finally behaving I managed to read it.. Can't wait for chap 4!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

alright already, I'll get to work on it... shesh... looks like four will most likely be the longest chp, dunno yet... got type four and five out... writinmg out chp 6 in the notebook.
                          sigpic

Comment

*prods* need more of where's home... and oh yes.... Dog Tags as well....

alright... i basically have acess to the net atm....

so any more suggestions/prompts yet?
                            sigpic

Comment

^ Not until I get more of Where's Home written. muse went AWOL
                              sigpic

Comment

Great chp 3 CKO

Something must be wrong with my compy too I had to restart it twice after trying to post.
                                Last edited by SciFiFan; 23 May 2007, 07:09 PM. Reason: Go figure, went right through this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X