Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
    But reading between the lines of what MS said, the fact that he needed the actress from another part of the world to revitalize his interest in acting doesn't speak extremely well for his Stargate colleagues he was working with for 8 years... correct, 10 years.
    Just catching up on some of the threads here but I had to respond to this because I don't agree with the conclusion you reached (I think that's part of the problem with trying to read between the lines of a written interview). From reading the boards, I do know you're a relative newcomer to the show so you might not necessarily have read/heard MS's comments about his fellow cast members through the years but he's always spoken very lovingly towards all of them especially AT, CJ, RDA, and Don S. Davis. In fact, at the con I went to in Chicago just this year, he said some really wonderful things about AT, CJ, and RDA.

I don't know if you've read today's comments in the thread about this interview but a very important point was brought up that I think makes a lot more sense than what you got from this. A person pointed out that by the 8th season, of course all of the SG-1 actors were getting pretty burned out because that's an extremely long time for any actor to play one character and they also mentioned how on the S9 commentary it was said that the cast was even getting a little restless when seeing all the new things Atlantis got to explore while they were still doing the same thing on SG-1. So basically I don't think it's a fair thing to say that MS thinks badly about any of his co-stars at all just because he says great things about CB. I mean, I doubt his wife feels hurt that he said that about CB even though Lexa is working on Stargate too (and he worked with her on Andromeda twice). I think any major changes would have revitalized all of the cast's energy in playing on the show after so many years. That's not to take away what he said about CB because I do think he's extremely happy to be working with her, he cares about her a lot obviously, he's said she's brought a lot of passion onto the show, and she seems to be a great person. I'm just saying you shouldn't be so quick to take his praise of CB to mean that he doesn't still love and adore his other friends on the show just as much. This cast has always been extremely close and they've constantly talked about how they're a family and the only thing that has changed as far as I've seen is that they've added to that family some new people who luckily turned out to be easy to work with and nice.
    Last edited by diamond_rough; 25 December 2006, 11:32 PM.

Comment

To be honest, that's how I interpreted his comment, too.

8 years is a very long time, indeed. I remember AT saying in commentary that - for S6 or 7, I think - she consciously re-examined her character's way of moving to avoid palying her on autopilot.

Vala is such a different character from what we normally see on SG in a bigger part that, of course, it reinvigorates their experience, if they like working with the actress and the character.
      And MS works a lot with her, so it's a big part of his S9 and S9 experience.

A.
      VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

I think in the past MS said more than one time how great it is to work with the others....so he said it for CB as well! It's not that MS said that it's boring working with the others.....I think it became habitual over the years! With a new person "aboard" the working relationship is completely different!

Does this make any sense?
        Last edited by Aeryn/Vala; 26 December 2006, 04:55 AM.
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Aeryn/Vala View Post
          I think in the past MS said more than one time how great it is to work with the others....so he said it for CB as well! It's not that MS said that it's boring working with the others.....I think it became habitual over the years! With a new person "aboard" the working relationship is completely different!

Yes it does and I agree! MS has always said how the cast feels like family. He also stated how much fun he had working on the show repeated times before, it’s just after a while anyone can become bored or tired of the same old same (his character Daniel Jackson) he (MS) could almost predict what would be said and done by Daniel Jackson since he played him for so long but since Claudia has arrived he has a person to play off of. Claudia is the type that could dish out and give just as much as he can, not that CB or MS is better than the others just personality wise they have the same work ethic. So it is natural that they love working together it the push and pull idea, given the added element of something new and its no wonder MS said such things.

Like I have always said all cast members are important and their characters all offer something to the show. MS sees this and he has a very tight bond with most if not all cast members.
          Spoiler:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Aeryn/Vala View Post

I think you are right

Comment

Comment

A new picture! YEAH

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

Good morning, everyone!

One quick word to add on the MS discussion. I think that his comment reflects his own situation in acting in general. He could have terrific support from everyone and be burned out by the time CB hit the show. Sometimes no matter how wonderful our coaches and peers in whatever endeavor we may undertake, we don't have the same vitality as when the one certain person comes along at just the right time and things click into place.

Comment

Belated Happy Birthday, Nef!

And congrats on 400 posts!

Comment

Congrats on 2,300 posts, Vala M.!

Comment

Welcome diamond rough!

Comment

Awww thanks Admiral you what to say to make a girl blush... (thank again)

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O View Post
                                Thank you!

Hope you had a good Christmas.

A.

Comment

Working...
                                X