Jack O'Neill M.A.D. Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caladria View Post
    Best of Jack's personality - there's so many! I'm sure there are better ones out there, but one leaps to mind. "Spirits" in S2. He goes against, his government that he's sworn to, his own feelings over what's best for Earth, and why? To do the right thing. He protects the Native American folk and he's all for being honest. He even suggests the way to make sure that his own people act with integrity by suggesting that the aliens bury their Gate. he acts against every military instinct because he's protecting them.
    Woohoo! Spirits is one of my favourite episodes. I don't think it is an episode that the cast particularly likes but I do. For me it is one of the first episodes we got to see Jack O'Neill' putting a personal belief ahead of military/Earths gain.

The Other Side is another favourite of mine showing both sides of Jack's personality.

He does lose it with Daniel (which was a long time coming and deserved IMO) and he did close the iris on Alar which would be the worst side.

On the positive side he does help fight off the attack before he realizes what is going on; which is one of his best personality traits, wanting to help others be it allies, team members, children, etc. He also realizes that he has made a mistake, apologizes to Daniel, and tries to correct it by making the two warring sides even again.
    Last edited by Kliggins; 04 January 2007, 02:33 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Originally Posted by SG1Poz
      RDA had lazer surgery for nearsightedness years ago but unfortunatly you still need the reading glasses
      Originally posted by Anakin View Post
      Yup... I did the same and I've got a 10year window without glasses before I have to wear the reading ones.... It's still 10 years!

Seriously, and bit OT, anyone who is nearsighted and elligible for the operation, do it, I discover things I'd never seen before!!! LOL

Personally, I think he looks very Handsome in Glasses!!
      Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
      sigpic
      Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Happy Be-Lated Birthday L-Jade!
        Want some cake?

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post
          "ABYSS" (ahem, anyone who knows me, know its my Favorite episode!)

Its shows that Jack is willing to fight to get out, but will also die to get out also!! And that the Team is willing to do anything for each of the team!! No one gets left behind!!
          It also showed the best Acting from RDA and MS together!!

Spoiler:

Clickie for Bigger!!

and I even behaved myself on posting "ABYSS" screencaps!!
          ummmm!!! Abyss is my #2 and yes i love Jack -- he so inspires and yet breaks my heart in this one!!! when he askes danny to well you know -- ainty in a heap on the floor!! and i soooo love his strength in this one and his determination and his amazing loyalty and ok!!! start to head into a Jack rant here!!

oh and please -- never behave on the Abyss caps --- keep um coming!!

teehee!
          sigpic
          SCORE!!
          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
            ummmm!!! Abyss is my #2 and yes i love Jack -- he so inspires and yet breaks my heart in this one!!! when he askes danny to well you know -- ainty in a heap on the floor!! and i soooo love his strength in this one and his determination and his amazing loyalty and ok!!! start to head into a Jack rant here!!

teehee!
            Talk about feel Jack's pain episode. Still have problems watching that episode and I think Jack acted pretty calmly when he meets Ba'al years later. That creature still gives me the creeps. Pure evil!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
              Talk about feel Jack's pain episode. Still have problems watching that episode and I think Jack acted pretty calmly when he meets Ba'al years later. That creature still gives me the creeps. Pure evil!
              soooo true -- but i think Ba'al brings out some of the finest Jack moments -- so i love him for it!!!! to you Ms. Jade!!!

and an early congrats on 3K Trupi!!

teehee!
              sigpic
              SCORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post

teehee!

Are you Sure about THAT.. I have 131 of them cleaned up already, and I am not Finished yet!!

Oooh, lookie FLAP!!

Clickie for Bigger!

More to come if you want them!!

P.S. When I screencapped this Episode My finger when Nuts and I have 5,031 of them
                Last edited by OneillTwo"LL"s; 04 January 2007, 08:07 PM. Reason: Adding the P.S.
                Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                sigpic
                Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post
                  Are you Sure about THAT.. I have 131 of them cleaned up already, and I am not Finished yet!!

Oooh, lookie FLAP!!

Clickie for Bigger!

More to come if you want them!!

P.S. When I screencapped this Episode My finger when Nuts and I have 5,031 of them
                  Love RDA in Brown!
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh, yes! Beneath the Surface! Another great Jack moment--I love when he shoots out the ceiling so that the "workers" can see what an illusion they've been living under--my favorite part of that episode (well, besides Jack being scruffy, of course. ).

And yes--Abyss may just be my favorite episode, too!
                    What would Jack do?

Comment

never too much abyss!!

ask poor gg -- she has watched with ainty once!!!

she couldn't keep up with the ooooos awwwwws droooolllll and such!!!

ok with me to have to look at more -- the whole ep in slow mo!!

teehee!

only leave out the very beginning since it aint RDA!!

teehee!
                      sigpic
                      SCORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                        I think they've "de-fanged" Ba'al too much lately though.

Comment

IMO it's more likely de-concentrate or diluted

I agree that Ba'al is the most intriguing Goa'uld & Cliff Simon is so very good at being evil & bad upto season 8 that is, season 9/10, he's more campy than scary, so... uh! NOPE!

to you Ainty!
                          sigpic
                          sig.by : lilferret

Comment

I'd love to see Jack be the one to do away with Ba'al once and for all. Not likely to happen though.

Comment

Totally agree with you. It is one of those loose ends. He is the one that has to end Ba'al
                              No Jack= No Way

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE View Post
                                Ahem... in The Other Side, I personally don't blame Jack on being harsh on Daniel... (like I said, I like him too much )

I look at that episode in connection with other episodes before that & chalk that up for Jack being too tired to dig deeper, after so many mission ended up with SG-1 being hurt/injured, so these 'nice & needy' people offering an ideal weapon is like an oasis in the desert, I think that was one of Jack's weak moments, when he's just feel too tired to think anymore, no wonder he's grumpy & wants to wrap up the mission as soon as possible.

For the snarky part at Daniel,... Daniel was kinda pushy too, he doesn't really think about Jack authority and since they were in alien military ground where authority is important, I think Daniel should be more aware of Jack's status as their CO. *shrug* that's what I feel about that, what do you think ?
                                You really need to read Karen Miller's Alliances from Fandemonium. It covers the Eurondan aftermath very well and actually takes some of your points. You should definitely give it a read.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X