X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
    Watch
    Spoiler:
    I'm right handed and wear my watch on my left wrist. Maybe Sam's the one who's left handed???
    Spoiler:
    *snort* I'm an idiot.... You'd think by now I'd know my left from my right.

Does anyone know if AT is left handed?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
      Spoiler:

Spoiler:
      She's right handed. But I don't think it really matters with which hand you have your watch on.

I'm left handed, and wear it on my left wrist...
      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
        Daniel wears his watch in his left wrist, Sam on her right. Is MS left handed?

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
        Spoiler:
        She's right handed. But I don't think it really matters with which hand you have your watch on.

Spoiler:
        and I'm left handed *high fives Jas* and I wear it on my right
        sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Spoiler:
          These spoilers make

Spoiler:
          Wristwatch discussions

Spoiler:
          Look very mysterious!

Comment

Bloodlines
            I have never seen this ep before! How fun was this to actually learn where the phrase "Hammond of Texas" originated!
            Fave Scene: When Jack finds out Bra'tac is over 100 years old and goes to help him up. Bra'tac throws him to the ground. [/color]
            Jack is just cocky enough that I love to see him one-upped every now and then.
            Is it possible that Jack is angry partly because Teal'c left his family? Jack, while he didn't travel to another planet, must've left his family regularly for his work, depending on what assignment he was given. While he never mentions it, does he regret not being there more? Is this past hurt fueling his initial anger towards Teal'c?
            Do you think that Jack is perhaps angry at Teal'c because he left his son behind? Is Jack able to put his personal feelings about his own son behind him in order to deal with this?
            I think it's hard to say why he's angry. He might think Teal'c is out of his mind, but as you point out, Jack was probably gone for weeks or months at a time. Maybe in retrospect he regrets that, after what he said in BC, he might. I tend to think that he's simply angry that Teal'c lied. As we've seen, loyalty is a big issue with Jack. It's the sine qua non of a combat team. I think that Jack feels personally betrayed.
            In the briefing they discuss going to Chulak to get Goa'uld larvae for study and Hammond knows Jack is hiding something. He pulls him into the office where Jack tells Hammond what Teal'c's secret.
            The writers and Don Davis did a great job with Gen. Hammond. He could believably be Jack's boss without coming across as a jerk, but rather a seasoned officer who could deal with loose cannons like Jack.
            Teal'c goes down onto his knees when he sees the mark on his house. He explains to the rest of SG-1 that it's the mark of a traitor and with the house appearing burned and damaged, Teal'c assumes his family is dead.
            I literally never knew how emotional Teal'c could get until this scene. This is the most angry and upset he gets in the entire series. It was very moving.
            Jack asks Sam and Daniel to head back to the gate and asks them to lay down cover fire if needed, and stay by the gate. Sam immediatly recognizes she's been given an order, Daniel questions it. They head off, while Jack heads out with Bra'tac and Teal'c.
            Then they disregard the order. Based on new information, of course. Sam single-handedly kills three Jaffa with a grenade. This is the first time her combat training really comes through IMHO- Jack's not around but she knows just what to do. And she doesn't have any angst over it, either.

I think the scene at the symbiote depository is outstanding! Daniel turning and shooting the symbiote tank is chilling, and I think Sam is shocked- which is all the more concerning because she is a soldier, after all, and no stranger to violence. But the look on his face is really something. I've always thought Daniel had a dark side- as in Anakin Skywalker dark side- and this is the first time we see it.
            After discovering Rya'c is ill, Teal'c gives him his symbiote. Fortunatly Daniel and Sam have already stolen a symbiote so Teal'c can survive.
            Why doesn't Teal'c take his family with him?
            [/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
              I

I think the scene at the symbiote depository is outstanding! Daniel turning and shooting the symbiote tank is chilling, and I think Sam is shocked- which is all the more concerning because she is a soldier, after all, and no stranger to violence. But the look on his face is really something. I've always thought Daniel had a dark side- as in Anakin Skywalker dark side- and this is the first time we see it.

I don't think she's shocked because someone killed them, I think it's because it was Daniel who does the killing. She's known this guy for several months now, and Daniel, especially in S1 is about as unmilitary and about as compasionate as possible. I think his dark side suprises her because she's never met this side of Daniel before.

On Teal'c bringing his family back to Earth, would you want to live with your son under a mountain? At this point I don't think Teal'c has been outside on Earth yet, a military base like the SGC wouldn't really be the best place to raise your son. That said, I don't know why they couldn't have gone to the land of light like they do after Family. The only reason I can think for them to stay would be for Bra'tac to have some imput into Ry'ac's (where does the ' go???) life - oh and as a plot device for Family of course!
              sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                I don't think she's shocked because someone killed them, I think it's because it was Daniel who does the killing. She's known this guy for several months now, and Daniel, especially in S1 is about as unmilitary and about as compasionate as possible. I think his dark side suprises her because she's never met this side of Daniel before.
                Right, that's what I meant. Sam is shocked because it's Daniel doing the shooting. Heck, I was shocked by Daniel doing the shooting! As I mentioned, I never saw this ep before. I just went- "Whoa! Daniel?"

On Teal'c bringing his family back to Earth, would you want to live with your son under a mountain? At this point I don't think Teal'c has been outside on Earth yet, a military base like the SGC wouldn't really be the best place to raise your son. That said, I don't know why they couldn't have gone to the land of light like they do after Family. The only reason I can think for them to stay would be for Bra'tac to have some imput into Ry'ac's (where does the ' go???) life - oh and as a plot device for Family of course!
                Well, yes, if the alternative was that camp! Although, it may be that Teal'c was thinking they would do better now, since they could pretend they had fought him off when he returned for Ry'ac. The point about Bra'tac is a good one. I do think that Teal'c wanted him to be raised Jaffa, to be a Jaffa warrior.

Comment

Hi KatG

I think we're using spoilers as it's a S/J discussion thread and we've been spoilering stuff that's not on topic. I think that's it but I could be very very wrong
                  OK. Makes sense.

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                  Watch
                  Spoiler:
                  I'm right handed and wear my watch on my left wrist. Maybe Sam's the one who's left handed???
                  Spoiler:

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                  Spoiler:

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  and I'm left handed *high fives Jas* and I wear it on my right
                  Spoiler:
                  right handed and wear it on my left

Still need to post my thoughts on Torment of Tantalus:

This was never one of my favorites, but I quite enjoyed it this time around.

At this point MS is still playing "James Spader" as Daniel. Lots of the mannerisms/voice inflections that were evident in the movie, and made me do a double take in COTG to make sure it wasn't Spader.

I liked Katherine/Ernst story. Very bittersweet and lovely there at the end.

We see classic Jack and Daneil - the realist and the idealist. Sam is crucial to the mission as they needed her technical expertise. Jack obviously has faith in her ability at this point as he leaves her and Teal'c to work on the DHD and as is typical, she does come up with a solution. Glad Teal'c is there to climb up on the roof and to turn the Stargate.

Not a lot of S/J shippiness in this one. More of a Daniel/team episode.

We do see the military side of Sam - she gets Katherine, Ernst and Teal'c through the gate, but waits until Jack and Daniel make it to the gateroom and Jack orders her through.

Overall, a good episode, but at this point their still setting up the mythology of Stargate and that's what this episode does.
                  sigpic

Comment

Right, that's what I meant. Sam is shocked because it's Daniel doing the shooting. Heck, I was shocked by Daniel doing the shooting! As I mentioned, I never saw this ep before. I just went- "Whoa! Daniel?"

Well, yes, if the alternative was that camp! Although, it may be that Teal'c was thinking they would do better now, since they could pretend they had fought him off when he returned for Ry'ac. The point about Bra'tac is a good one. I do think that Teal'c wanted him to be raised Jaffa, to be a Jaffa warrior.
                    and have boys his own age to play with, rather than tauri soldiers. Teal'c and Bra'tac are very proud of their heritage and I can see that as something that is very important for Ry'ac to learn.
                    Plus I'd hardly say life at the SGC would be that safe, it's not too long til we get Bane - and the threat of abduction is still there, imagine if there were 3 jaffa living on base..
                    sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

*pops in*

You'll will probably also be interested in this

May I proudly announce the

It's a sort of "book of the month" club. More is explained on the thread! I hope you will all join

*pops out*
                      sigpic

Comment

Jack: We'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it.
                        Bra'tac: No, the bridge is too well guarded.
                        Jack: Actually, I was using a cliche....(trails off)

Fave Scene: When Jack finds out Bra'tac is over 100 years old and goes to help him up. Bra'tac throws him to the ground.

Those are my faves too.

Bra'tac: I feel like a young man of eighty.

Great line.

I don't remember much else about this ep though, escept that Teal'c gives his son his symbiote.
                        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi
                          When Teal'c admits to Jack that he has a family, Jack sinks his head into his hands, frustrated and a little angry. Teal'c swore to them that he had no ties back on Chulak, and lied about it. Teal'c states that he did not want his family to become a 'tool' that an enemy could use against him.

Is it possible that Jack is angry partly because Teal'c left his family? Jack, while he didn't travel to another planet, must've left his family regularly for his work, depending on what assignment he was given. While he never mentions it, does he regret not being there more? Is this past hurt fueling his initial anger towards Teal'c?

Do you think that Jack is perhaps angry at Teal'c because he left his son behind? Is Jack able to put his personal feelings about his own son behind him in order to deal with this?
                          I think Jack's anger comes from the fact that Teal'c lied to them. I base this assumption on Jack's question of "How can we trust you now?" I imagine Jack wonders what else is he might be keeping from them.

Jack asks Sam and Daniel to head back to the gate and asks them to lay down cover fire if needed, and stay by the gate. Sam immediatly recognizes she's been given an order, Daniel questions it. They head off, while Jack heads out with Bra'tac and Teal'c.
                          Originally posted by VSS
                          Then they disregard the order. Based on new information, of course. Sam single-handedly kills three Jaffa with a grenade. This is the first time her combat training really comes through IMHO- Jack's not around but she knows just what to do. And she doesn't have any angst over it, either.
                          Sam recognized it as an order, and like a good soldier she followed it, but she didn't seem very happy being relegated to "the gate" rather than helping on the mission. And like a good soldier, she accessed the new information and acted accordingly. After all, part of the original mission was to procure a symbiote. It shows she's not just a soldier who follows orders blindly, but she can think and reason out a situation.

Sam and Daniel in the forest. Sam feels sorry for Teal'c having to keep his family quiet. Considering that Jack also kept his family quiet (or just never talked about it) and that Daniel has probably not said anything about his family, why is she suprised? I think thus far, Sam may be the only one that has volunteered information about her family thus far.
                          I think the surprise stems from the fact that Teal'c having a family and having left them behind is such a huge thing. What he gave up for his convictions so to speak.

Originally posted by VSS
                          I think Sam's shock comes from the fact that Daniel is the one who destroyed the tank. While Daniel is basically a "healer" and looks for the good, when his personal principles are challenged he digs in his heels and can go darkside. I agree that this is the first time we and Sam see it, and I'm sure just as it took us by surprise it did the same to Sam.

Originally posted by VSS
                          It wouldn't have been much of life for Ry'ac, living beneath the base. At least on Chulak, he's in an environment that he's used to, Bra'tac is there to train him, and he is being trained as a Jaffa, which although he doesn't desire to worship false gods, being a Jaffa is very important to Teal'c. And Ry'ac should be relatively safe now that he has a symbiote, and they can pretend that they don't approve of Teal'c's actions.

Originally posted by VSS
                          Well, yes, if the alternative was that camp!
                          Remember Drey'ac said they were close to convincing the priest that they were not traitors and would be able to move back to the city soon. Perhaps now that they've gone through with the ceremony, this will be believable, and sets things up nicely for "Family" with them in the city and Drey'ac with Fro'tac.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                            Sam recognized it as an order, and like a good soldier she followed it, but she didn't seem very happy being relegated to "the gate" rather than helping on the mission. And like a good soldier, she accessed the new information and acted accordingly. After all, part of the original mission was to procure a symbiote. It shows she's not just a soldier who follows orders blindly, but she can think and reason out a situation.
                            I loved the scene after Teal'c gave Ry'ac the symbiote and is dying, then Jack asks where they might get another symbiote and Daniel says very nonchalantly, "We've got one." And they don't hesitate for a moment to give it up even though they know the top brass wants one for study.

Remember Drey'ac said they were close to convincing the priest that they were not traitors and would be able to move back to the city soon. Perhaps now that they've gone through with the ceremony, this will be believable, and sets things up nicely for "Family" with them in the city and Drey'ac with Fro'tac.
                            Yes, I think it does.

It's interesting what you said about Sam being so surprised that Teal'c had a family. In the end, Jack and Sam both give up a lot to stay in the fight- she just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

Women and education
                              Spoiler:
                              That sounds reasonable to me. It's not unlike raising girls to play the piano, cook, and paint but all the famous musicians, chefs and artists are men! The fathers wanted them refined and educated but not more so than themselves!
                              I have a theory...
                              Spoiler:
                              men think women's work is fine UNTIL they realize the gals get paid and then they take it over... women are cooks, but men are "chefs", women were midwives but men became "doctors". If they could figure out how to make money having a menstrual cycle -- men would figure out how to have one!

Oh Bloodlines was a fave ep. when Sam seems so shocked that Daniel shot up a tank of gou'ald I always thought it was because the symbiotes were "harmless" at the time, locked within a tank. She didn't expect Daniel to take advantage of the situation. (that was the first real "passion" I thought Daniel ever showed.)

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                                I have a theory...
                                Spoiler:
                                men think women's work is fine UNTIL they realize the gals get paid and then they take it over... women are cooks, but men are "chefs", women were midwives but men became "doctors". If they could figure out how to make money having a menstrual cycle -- men would figure out how to have one!

Oh Bloodlines was a fave ep. when Sam seems so shocked that Daniel shot up a tank of gou'ald I always thought it was because the symbiotes were "harmless" at the time, locked within a tank. She didn't expect Daniel to take advantage of the situation. (that was the first real "passion" I thought Daniel ever showed.)
                                Spoiler:
                                Lol!

Yes, for a change it was Sam who gave the little ethics talk about not killing baby goa'uld, and then Daniel seems to agree- but then when they're walking away he turns around and fires a dozen rounds into the tank.

Daniel doesn't just have passion, he's got a dark side, too. And that reminds me,which came first- Anakin killing off the Sand People and their kids or Daniel blasting the baby goa-ulds? I think Star Wars perhaps copied Stargate on this. Is it the same thing? Or was what Daniel did not quite as bad because the go'aulds always kill to survive- they have no choice. Or does that somehow make their taking a host acceptable, as Zipacna argued in Pretense?

Still, I don't think Jack would have done it, not after that little speech of Sam's.
                                Last edited by VSS; 28 April 2009, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X