No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sounds like a *very* good episode. Good review!

It was for the best that nothing happened between Jonah and Thera while they were underground. Doesn't stop the shippers from imagining what could have been.
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post

It was for the best that nothing happened between Jonah and Thera while they were underground. Doesn't stop the shippers from imagining what could have been.
      i would have loved for something sexual to have happened with johah and thera, and have sam and jack have to deal with the consequences. i don't think it would have taken them back to square one, but pushed the real coming together sooner.

but that's just me.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i would have loved for something sexual to have happened with johah and thera, and have sam and jack have to deal with the consequences. i don't think it would have taken them back to square one, but pushed the real coming together sooner.

but that's just me.
        It's been said before, but I'll repeat it again. Rachel500's Aftershocks is truly amazing. Much of her post-eps have made its way into my head!canon, including her take on Jonah and Thera. Love, love, love it!

This is one of my favorite episodes (I think I watch it on every ship holiday). And until recently (when someone mentioned it here on GW) I didn't even realize how cute Sam is when she looks at Jack after he shoots out the skylight. Something between adoration and respect and pride and love and something I just can't name.

Comment

Great review!
          Everyone loves BTS!

Btw I never understood why Sam and Jack had to wear those huge orange jackets while the other workers, even Daniel, were half naked!
          sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Great video selene! Love it! (Two scenes I didn't recognise that bug me: 0.10 and 3.29)

Neverendingimagination: wonderful review! I truely admire you people who can so thoroughly analyse everything. I usually go with 'I like it' or 'I don't like it'. Your review made me think and next time I watch this episode it will be with a different eye.
            sigpic
            Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

Comment

Great and very elaborate review! SJ_green.gif

I, for one, am happy nothing of a sexual nature happened between Sam and Jack, simply because it would have taken one or both of them off SG-1. There's no way they would be able to work together after something like that and if they would decide to continue with their romantic relationship then there's no way Hammond could allow them to work together. A kiss and some snuggling I would have been fine with, but I understand the decision to leave those out as well considering this season is already quite shippy and TPTB wouldn't want to alienate the anti- and non-shippers.

However, I do enjoy a well written fanfic that deals with the subject during this time! I also love the angst and shippy moments between Sam and Jack (or Therra and Jona)
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                Great and very elaborate review! [ATTACH=CONFIG]38649[/ATTACH]

I, for one, am happy nothing of a sexual nature happened between Sam and Jack, simply because it would have taken one or both of them off SG-1. There's no way they would be able to work together after something like that and if they would decide to continue with their romantic relationship then there's no way Hammond could allow them to work together. A kiss and some snuggling I would have been fine with, but I understand the decision to leave those out as well considering this season is already quite shippy and TPTB wouldn't want to alienate the anti- and non-shippers.

However, I do enjoy a well written fanfic that deals with the subject during this time! I also love the angst and shippy moments between Sam and Jack (or Therra and Jona)
                I would have loved to have seen something sexual develop between Sam and Jack as Jonah and Thera in "Beneath the Surface".
                I've read a brilliant fic which dealt with something like this - and their forbidden relationship continued on the low until the events of "Entity" in which Jack almost kills Sam when she's under the control of the Entity; then Jack tries to distance himself - it explains why Sam and Jack are much more reserved with one another in later seasons because they realize the regs are there for a good reason

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                  All right folks, here it is! The mighty video!

=youtube;GauR_87kPfc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GauR_87kPfc&feature=youtu.be

Can't wait to see what you think!
                  loved the video - that whole last minute had me grinning the entire time. and the last clip is perfect. You`re right, we don`t have enough shots of them all together. Also, I noticed that our team has a lot of individual whump shots over the seasons. More than the teamy shots.

NEI - that`s an awesome and very very detailed review. I`ll respond to it a bit later, but wow, I liked the analysis.

Briefly - I will state that this premise is much like the episode `Workforce` from Star Trek Voyager (indeed, I think Martin? borrowed the idea directly...) - those who have seen it, it`s interesting to note the simularities and differences. While I love both - I find the SG1 version to be more effective. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by ErikaMariia View Post
                    Great video selene! Love it! (Two scenes I didn't recognise that bug me: 0.10 and 3.29)

<snip>
                    0.10 is Jack's reaction to Kawalsky and Teal'c fighting/Kawalsky getting his head partially demolecularized in "Enemy Within". And 3.29 is a brief moment in "2001" when Sam is briefing the diplomats (including Joe Faxon) on the Aschen and the Stargate. Basically, he's teasing her and then shoots her that grin.

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                    loved the video - that whole last minute had me grinning the entire time. and the last clip is perfect. You`re right, we don`t have enough shots of them all together. Also, I noticed that our team has a lot of individual whump shots over the seasons. More than the teamy shots.

<snip>
                    There really is a lot of whump! And there were whole episodes that I didn't even get to! Jeez. Our poor team... they've been through the ringer. If I ever make an SG-1 movie, I'm gonna make sure we get some good screen shots of the four of them. *nods wisely*

Comment

There really is a lot of whump! And there were whole episodes that I didn't even get to! Jeez. Our poor team... they've been through the ringer. If I ever make an SG-1 movie, I'm gonna make sure we get some good screen shots of the four of them. *nods wisely*
                      Of course they are so married!
                      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Hey guys! Quick question. Do any of you know which episodes any member of SG-1 had to wear camo-paint? I believe there's been at least one episode, but for the life of me I cannot remember which episode(s) I should be looking at...

Comment

Hey guys! Quick question. Do any of you know which episodes any member of SG-1 had to wear camo-paint? I believe there's been at least one episode, but for the life of me I cannot remember which episode(s) I should be looking at...
                          I can picture Sam in camo paint in the dark, with a helmet on. This is going to annoy me now until someone remembers the episode. She's on her stomach leaning over a ridge. Were they in camo when they went to rescue Bra'tac and Ry'ac? I don't think so :/

Ah ha - it's season 3 episode 9. A lovely person posted it in the thunk thread, and up it popped in google, the lovely person also put the episode details in the img name.
                          Last edited by neverendingimagination; 28 September 2013, 04:39 PM.
                          Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                          If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Rules of Engagement?

Comment

Great review nei!

There's so much to say about this episode. I love it. It's one of those episodes I can watch again and again and not get tired of it. I also love the way the four characters are broken down to their basics. You can still see who they are shining through the facade that the mind stamp is supposed to have built.

It is such a bittersweet interlude for Jack and Sam. Here they get a chance to be honest with themselves and each other only to find out that they have to go back to the way things were. I want to cry for them every time I see the end of the episode.

Someone mentioned the orange coats...I've always wondered about that myself
                              sigpic

----------
                              FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                                I can picture Sam in camo paint in the dark, with a helmet on. This is going to annoy me now until someone remembers the episode. She's on her stomach leaning over a ridge. Were they in camo when they went to rescue Bra'tac and Ry'ac? I don't think so :/

Ah ha - it's season 3 episode 9. A lovely person posted it in the thunk thread, and up it popped in google, the lovely person also put the episode details in the img name.
                                Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                Rules of Engagement?
                                Muchas gracias! I've got an idea for another vid... This helps enormously! Thank you, thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X