No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said I'd missed some. That's 2 more for the list. What's that 10, depending on how you look at it? 8 if you don't count the ones obsessed with her.
    Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
    If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Who's Fifth? Is he a replicator?
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
        Sam.

Teal'c has had 3 (if you count Shau'nac')
        Daniel has had 4 I believe
        Jack has had 4
        Sam has had, Jonas, Narim, Orlin, Eek, the guy who died in 2001, Jack, the guy from emancipation. (I'm including one sided attraction here). I'm sure I've missed some too. Could add fifth I suppose.

It's definitely Sam.
        would you mind naming all? I rememeber only Ishta for Teal'c, Laira for Jack and Kera for Daniel. I might be mistaken though. Guess I'll need another re-watch
        sigpic
        Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
          Who's Fifth? Is he a replicator?
          Yes. He's a replicator. He shows up in Season 6, "Unnatural Selection". Then again in Season 8, "New Order" (in which he kidnaps and tortures Sam). He shows up again in "Gemini", Season 8.
          Last edited by hedwig; 09 August 2013, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikaMariia View Post
            would you mind naming all? I rememeber only Ishta for Teal'c, Laira for Jack and Kera for Daniel. I might be mistaken though. Guess I'll need another re-watch
            Jack (Sara (his wife), Kynthia, Laira, Kerry, Sam)
            Sam (Jonas Hanson (or is it Hansen?), Narim, Martouf/Lantash, Joe Faxon, Malcolm Barrett, Pete Shanahan, Rodney McKay (considering in an AU they were married (damn near gagged at that thought) and Jack O'Neill)
            Daniel (Sarah Gardner, Sha're, Ke'ra (who was Linnea), Hathor, Leda Kane, Vala Mal Doran)
            Teal'c (Drey'auc, Shau'nac, Krista, Ishta)
            Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 09 August 2013, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Sam and Danny were busy!
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                Jack (Sara (his wife), Kynthia, Laira, Kerry, Sam)
                Sam (Jonas, Narim, Martouf/Lantash, Joe Faxon, Malcolm Barrett, Pete Shanahan, Rodney McKay (considering in an AU they were married (damn near gagged at that thought) and Jack O'Neill)
                Daniel (Sarah Gardner, Sha're, Ke'ra (who was Linnea), Hathor, Leda Kane, Vala Mal Doran)
                Teal'c (Drey'auc, Shau'nac, Ishta)
                I don't believe that Daniel and Leda Kane were romantically involved.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  I don't believe that Daniel and Leda Kane were romantically involved.
                  i put her because i think she might have had a thing for him.

Comment

I think your list hinges on what criteria you use for "love interest" or "romantically involved."

If you are talking actual confirmed established relationships each of the guys were married and Sam was engaged twice.

If you are talking dalliances of some kind then you have to ask how far it has to go for a dalliance. Does a rather one sided kiss from Narim count? Jack and Daniel have both had some sort of relations while drugged out of their minds, which is more akin to rape than relationship.

And how do alternate realities and timelines play into the calculations? Sam was married to Faxon in 2010, but that timeline no longer exists. She says agrees to go to dinner with him at some future date in 2001, but then he dies before they can even have a date. Is that a romantic interest? And Jack shares a kiss with the alternate Sam in POV; so does that make 2 Sams for him?

Do you include one-sided attraction? Because Freya made a pass at Jack, Shyla wanted to marry Daniel, and Sam always turned down Barrett.

I think the one thing we can agree on is that Teal'c had the fewest and he always seemed to get it on with the girl he wanted at the time (Drey'ac, Sho'nac, Ishta, and that chick from Affinity - I try to forget that ep).

Comment

Wasn't there also that guy who built his own Stargate in Sam's basement? Oren or something like that?
                      Yep, quite a lot for a gilr who was unavailabel. poor fellows (not )
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ErikaMariia View Post
                        Wasn't there also that guy who built his own Stargate in Sam's basement? Oren or something like that?
                        Yep, quite a lot for a gilr who was unavailabel. poor fellows (not )
                        Orlin was the guy. He ascended again, but came back in Season 9 as a boy. And he still thought they could have a relationship with each other. ewwww.
                        Last edited by hedwig; 09 August 2013, 11:25 AM.

Comment

poor guy :/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            Orlin was the guy. He ascended again, but came back in Season 8 as a boy. And he still thought they could have a relationship with each other. ewwww.
                            Yeah, I've always thought that was kind of creepy. Mentally, he may have been an adult, but he was in the body of a boy. Just...no...lol

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
                              Yeah, I've always thought that was kind of creepy. Mentally, he may have been an adult, but he was in the body of a boy. Just...no...lol
                              Just goes to show how out of touch the Ancients (or in this case Orlin) are with humans and how little Orlin understands Sam (and how doomed a relationship between them would be).
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Sig by SeNedra

Shades of Grey

Summary
                                When the Tollan refuse to share technological knowledge with Earth, Jack O’Neill decides to take matters into his own hands. To the shock of the SGC and his very team, he steals a piece of technology from Tollana. But when the consequences come down, a series of events ensue for which SG-1 isn’t prepared.

Favorite Lines
                                With respect sir, you don’t exactly seem like yourself.
                                No, Carter, I haven’t acted like myself since I met you. Now I’m acting like myself.

Favorite Scene
                                This may seem odd, but my favorite scene is the one right when SG-1 returns to Earth after Jack steals the device from Tollana. It’s so clearly tense, and Sam is just sitting there, staring at the device, like she can’t believe what just happened. She hasn’t asked Jack any questions, and Jack hasn’t offered any sort of explanation, but the minute Hammond calls on Carter, Jack is quick to jump in and absorb all of the responsibility.

As crappy as he behavior had just been, Jack is still a great leader.

General
                                I love this episode. It’s very team-centric, and addresses SG-1 as a whole. It examines what makes SG-1 the SG-1 as we know it. When the dynamics change (when Makepeace takes command of the team), the small snippets of team interaction we see displays a very changed SG-1.

In addition to that, the first time I saw this episode, it struck me as very abrupt. We’d gotten hints of this rogue NID unit earlier in the season, but it wasn’t a completely persistent arc (at least in my opinion). In all, I really enjoyed it. We saw a glimpse of the old Jack, I thought, the same Jack who had first gone to Abydos, not expecting to return. He’s very bitter and so unlike the spunky Colonel we’ve gotten used to that it was delightfully jarring.

Sam and Jack
                                This is the type of episode where people see what they want to. When Carter confronts O’Neill in the hallway, and he says “Now I’m acting like myself”, some people see Carter hurt and forlorn, bereft in the face of this new, harsher O’Neill. I don’t, personally. Do I see his comment as a dig against her? Yes. Did it leave completely at a loss? No. I didn’t see that. When O’Neill walks away, Carter is a little hurt, but more than that I think she’s puzzled. Like she knows this isn’t some new world view Jack has, and is trying to think of what could cause this sudden shift in attitude.

And to be honest, the hallway scene wasn’t as charged as it could be. O’Neill has a similar scene with each of SG-1: he stares down Teal’c in the infirmary, and cuts Daniel deep enough to get the archaeologist to leave his house. But where O’Neill treats Teal’c as a simple thug he can order around, and kicks Daniel right in the friendship, Sam’s exchange seems a little blasé by comparison. But then, maybe that’s the rub. He dismisses her, and doesn’t even give her the benefit of an insult. Like he doesn’t feel the need to break ties with her, because they weren’t there to begin with.

But that’s just me. Again, not everyone sees the same thing. I think it’s funny that TPTB chose to make Claire Tobias (one of the rogue NID scientists) look so much like Carter. I’d like to know what was running through Jack’s head when Tobias mentioned that Carter beat her out of a position at the SGC.

Overall
                                In conclusion, it was a very strong episode. It was so strong, in fact, that I wish this was made into a two-parter. For all the quality scenes we DID get, I’m always left wondering about what we DIDN’T see. Namely, when SG-1 met in the locker sans Jack, speculating about what might be going on. Or what happened when Makepeace was alone with Sam for the first time after Daniel so strongly argued for her to have command of SG-1. No doubt he felt threatened by the devotion the guys have for Sam.

And what happened when SG-1 went out into the field for the first time under Makepeace’s command? I’m curious to know Makepeace’s leadership style, and how SG-1 might have reacted to it. I can imagine that Daniel and Teal’c would subtly hesitate at Makepeace’s orders, until Sam nodded for them to go ahead. But I don’t want to just imagine it—I want to SEE it! And I think they could have easily added layer and depth to this episode by making two parts—it could have easily turned out to be a Heroes-quality episode, with all the stealth and the intrigue. SG-1 does 007!

Comment

Working...
                                X