Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
    Thanks for your review Sparky

I agree, not the shippiest of episodes but is a good one for character development for Jack
    Do we ever see Retou Charlie again?
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
      No.

Comment

Dang.
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Co-Colonel was ok with me only because I expected TPTB to screw up and put the new male lead in command of he. So, I can accept joint command only because I could not have accepted Cam being in command of Sam.

Originally posted by fems View Post
          Yes, I totally blame Mitchell's medication in the hospital for his delusions about the conversation with Jack and Sam supposedly handing him the Medal of Honor instead of the President.

I don't think Sam punching Ba'al (oh, we so need a gif of that) was too OOC for her because, damn, he was even grating on my nerves with his derisive comments about her intelligence and sex, and that she couldn't possibly be right about whatever it was she was searching for in that pole-thingy. Plus, she knows what Ba'al did to Jack (at least to some degree, I like to believe Jack told her all about it once they got together but prior to that she might only have the 'highlights') so punching him was probably very satisfying for her, especially when she would go home afterwards and tell Jack all about it.

I agree that punching Ba'al was not OCC, I think if we look back, Sam was always cheeky and fierce. She was just suppressed a lot of the time because of her strict adherence to military protocol. Jack was there as her commanding officer to deal with whoever was he baddie of the day. Whenever her commanding officer wasn't around:
          1) Going off on Dr. Lee when Jack was missing
          2) Grumbling at Jack under her breath in front of Hammond after the pool and steak arm-band debacle
          3) Her early interactions with McCay
          4) Calling Jonas "chickens____"
          5) Addressing the airman that was challenging her in the X302 briefing by emphasizing his lower rank
          6)

Shoot! I can't remember right now, but I know there were quite a few moments when Jack (her commanding officer) wasn't around that she was quite aggressive in her handling of situations/individuals. Help me out in listing them?

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
          So many characters that could have and should have been re-visited. (Curse you SGU!)
          sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

I agree about Sam being quite cheeky and fierce at times, and also there were quite a lot of moments even when jack was around that she could be assertive etc but you have to remember she is an Air Force officer and by major rank she is very senior, she is expected to be a leader and not take any crap, if she was always kind and sweet I doubt she would have made it even to captain level
            sigpic
            Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
              Co-Colonel was ok with me only because I expected TPTB to screw up and put the new male lead in command of he. So, I can accept joint command only because I could not have accepted Cam being in command of Sam.

I agree that punching Ba'al was not OCC, I think if we look back, Sam was always cheeky and fierce. She was just suppressed a lot of the time because of her strict adherence to military protocol. Jack was there as her commanding officer to deal with whoever was he baddie of the day. Whenever her commanding officer wasn't around:
              2) Grumbling at Jack under her breath in front of Hammond after the pool and steak arm-band debacle
              5) Addressing the airman that was challenging her in the X302 briefing by emphasizing his lower rank
              6)

Shoot! I can't remember right now, but I know there were quite a few moments when Jack (her commanding officer) wasn't around that she was quite aggressive in her handling of situations/individuals. Help me out in listing them?

So many characters that could have and should have been re-visited. (Curse you SGU!)
              6)She lost her temper when her scientist friend was working for Maybourne and wanted to let Teal'c be transformed into (as Jack put it) 'big ugly bugs'
              7)In Spirits, her response to the native telling her to flatter the spirits (Takaya in the form of the wolf) 'My what big eyes you have'
              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                6)She lost her temper when her scientist friend was working for Maybourne and wanted to let Teal'c be transformed into (as Jack put it) 'big ugly bugs'
                7)In Spirits, her response to the native telling her to flatter the spirits (Takaya in the form of the wolf) 'My what big eyes you have'
                8) In "Hathor" she refused to back down to Jack and General Hammond when they wanted to cater to Hathor being in the SGC. And again, in the hallway when Jack was so willing to give Hathor the run of the base, and Sam was determined to get him to be realistic about the situation (which he wasn't).
                9)Does it count in "Scorched Earth" when she stood up to him and told him she disagreed completely with his decision, and he asked if he was going to have to order her to follow his orders?
                10) In "Message in a Bottle" she was very commander-like while telling all the other airmen how to proceed in trying to find a way to help Colonel O'Neill, and she almost snapped at another airman who had just been told not to guess about answers, and he promptly guessed about something and she corrected him.
                11) She was pretty insubordinate in "The Light" while they were walking on the beach, but that could be blamed on other stuff.
                12) She told McKay to go suck a lemon in "48 Hours".

Comment

I am loving this "sam gets fierce and/or cheeky" list

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                    I am loving this "sam gets fierce and/or cheeky" list
                    I agree, here's the collection so far:

The "Sam gets fierce and/or cheeky" list:

0) The way she responded to Ba'al in S10 'The Quest' especially the scene where she hit him was very Jack influenced but I could overlook it with Sam, I could put it down to them spending lots of time together and his cynicism and sarcasm rubbing off on her.
                    Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                    6) She lost her temper when her scientist friend was working for Maybourne and wanted to let Teal'c be transformed into (as Jack put it) 'big ugly bugs'
                    7) In Spirits, her response to the native telling her to flatter the spirits (Takaya in the form of the wolf) 'My what big eyes you have'
                    Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    8) In "Hathor" she refused to back down to Jack and General Hammond when they wanted to cater to Hathor being in the SGC. And again, in the hallway when Jack was so willing to give Hathor the run of the base, and Sam was determined to get him to be realistic about the situation (which he wasn't).
                    9) Does it count in "Scorched Earth" when she stood up to him and told him she disagreed completely with his decision, and he asked if he was going to have to order her to follow his orders?
                    10) In "Message in a Bottle" she was very commander-like while telling all the other airmen how to proceed in trying to find a way to help Colonel O'Neill, and she almost snapped at another airman who had just been told not to guess about answers, and he promptly guessed about something and she corrected him.
                    11) She was pretty insubordinate in "The Light" while they were walking on the beach, but that could be blamed on other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      9)Does it count in "Scorched Earth" when she stood up to him and told him she disagreed completely with his decision, and he asked if he was going to have to order her to follow his orders?

13) Does it count when she disobeyed Makepeace's order to leave Jack behind in "Into the Fire", and she went back for him anyway? We would not have gotten that awesome hug if she hadn't disobeyed the order.
                      14) "Foothold" when she got in Maybourne's face and said "Maybourne, you're an idiot every day of the week. Why couldn't you have taken just one day off?"
                      15) She challenged Hammond right in the gateroom in "Fifth Man" about whether the team was going back for Jack, and Hammond threatened to have them shot if they didn't stand down.

Comment

Cheeky/Fierce Sam moments
                        *astersk if outside influences might be involved

1) Decking Ba'al (RamonaThePest)

2) Going off on Dr. Lee when Jack was missing (RTP)

3) Grumbling at Jack under her breath in front of Hammond after the pool and steak arm-band debacle (RTP)

4) Her early interactions with McCay (RTP)

5) Calling Jonas "chickens____" (RTP)

6) Addressing the airman that was challenging her in the X302 briefing by emphasizing his lower rank (RTP)

7) She lost her temper when her scientist friend was working for Maybourne and wanted to let Teal'c be transformed into (as Jack put it) 'big ugly bugs' (neverendingimagination)

8) In Spirits, her response to the native telling her to flatter the spirits (Takaya in the form of the wolf) 'My what big eyes you have' (NEI)

9) In "Hathor" she refused to back down to Jack and General Hammond when they wanted to cater to Hathor being in the SGC. And again, in the hallway when Jack was so willing to give Hathor the run of the base, and Sam was determined to get him to be realistic about the situation (which he wasn't). (Hedwig)

10) Does it count in "Scorched Earth" when she stood up to him and told him she disagreed completely with his decision, and he asked if he was going to have to order her to follow his orders?(HW)

11) In "Message in a Bottle" she was very commander-like while telling all the other airmen how to proceed in trying to find a way to help Colonel O'Neill, and she almost snapped at another airman who had just been told not to guess about answers, and he promptly guessed about something and she corrected him. (HW)

12) She was pretty insubordinate in "The Light" while they were walking on the beach, but that could be blamed on other stuff.* (HW)

13) She told McKay to go suck a lemon in "48 Hours". (HW)

14) Does it count when she disobeyed Makepeace's order to leave Jack behind in "Into the Fire", and she went back for him anyway? We would not have gotten that awesome hug if she hadn't disobeyed the order. (HW)

15) "Foothold" when she got in Maybourne's face and said "Maybourne, you're an idiot every day of the week. Why couldn't you have taken just one day off?" (HW)

16) She challenged Hammond right in the gateroom in "Fifth Man" about whether the team was going back for Jack, and Hammond threatened to have them shot if they didn't stand down.*(HW)*

17) Also telling McKay she was just stating to like him was totally messig with his head and great payback (RTP)

18) Someone change this to the episode title with the blue dress where she was kidnapped while sleeping- totally fierce in that entire episode! (RTP)
                        a) The dress "smells like a yerk!"
                        b) "You want to beat a woman? Try me!"
                        c) The glare she gave when the Mongol ripped off the headpiece
                        feel free to add to this one)

19) Cam asked her"still haven't found anyone that can keep up with you! huh? Sam's cheeky answer - "Nope". . (RTP)

#12. but I, personally think The Light just loosened her lips for what she was thinking anyway.
                        Last edited by RamonaThePest; 20 April 2013, 11:32 AM.
                        sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by ramonathepest View Post
                          cheeky/fierce sam moments

1) decking ba'al (ramonathepest)

2) going off on dr. Lee when jack was missing (rtp)

3) grumbling at jack under her breath in front of hammond after the pool and steak arm-band debacle (rtp)

4) her early interactions with mccay (rtp)

5) calling jonas "chickens____" (rtp)

6) addressing the airman that was challenging her in the x302 briefing by emphasizing his lower rank (rtp)

7) she lost her temper when her scientist friend was working for maybourne and wanted to let teal'c be transformed into (as jack put it) 'big ugly bugs' (neverendingimagination)

8) in spirits, her response to the native telling her to flatter the spirits (takaya in the form of the wolf) 'my what big eyes you have' (nei)

9) in "hathor" she refused to back down to jack and general hammond when they wanted to cater to hathor being in the sgc. And again, in the hallway when jack was so willing to give hathor the run of the base, and sam was determined to get him to be realistic about the situation (which he wasn't). (hedwig)

10) does it count in "scorched earth" when she stood up to him and told him she disagreed completely with his decision, and he asked if he was going to have to order her to follow his orders?(hw)

11) in "message in a bottle" she was very commander-like while telling all the other airmen how to proceed in trying to find a way to help colonel o'neill, and she almost snapped at another airman who had just been told not to guess about answers, and he promptly guessed about something and she corrected him. (hw)

12) she was pretty insubordinate in "the light" while they were walking on the beach, but that could be blamed on other stuff.* (hw)

13) she told mckay to go suck a lemon in "48 hours". (hw)

14) also telling mckay she was just stating to like him was totally messig with his head and great payback (rtp)

15) "emancipation": - totally fierce in that entire episode! (rtp)
                          a) the dress "smells like a yerk!"
                          b) "you want to beat a woman? Try me!"
                          c) the glare she gave when the mongol ripped off the headpiece

#12. But i, personally think the light just loosened her lips for what she was thinking anyway.
                          17) "First Commandment". She disobeyed orders and left Daniel and Teal'c to fend for themselves while she went off to confront Jonas Hanson.
                          18) "Singularity". She disobeyed orders and went back to stay with Cassie, even though it meant she would die if the bomb went off.
                          19) She was pretty confrontational in "Thor's Hammer" with Daniel about everything until they found Jack and Teal'c.
                          Last edited by hedwig; 20 April 2013, 11:33 AM.

Comment

3) Grumbling at Jack under her breath in front of Hammond after the pool and steak arm-band debacle (RTP)

6) Addressing the airman that was challenging her in the X302 briefing by emphasizing his lower rank (RTP)

7) She lost her temper when her scientist friend was working for Maybourne and wanted to let Teal'c be transformed into (as Jack put it) 'big ugly bugs' (neverendingimagination)

8) In Spirits, her response to the native telling her to flatter the spirits (Takaya in the form of the wolf) 'My what big eyes you have' (NEI)

9) In "Hathor" she refused to back down to Jack and General Hammond when they wanted to cater to Hathor being in the SGC. And again, in the hallway when Jack was so willing to give Hathor the run of the base, and Sam was determined to get him to be realistic about the situation (which he wasn't). (Hedwig)

10) Does it count in "Scorched Earth" when she stood up to him and told him she disagreed completely with his decision, and he asked if he was going to have to order her to follow his orders?(HW)

11) In "Message in a Bottle" she was very commander-like while telling all the other airmen how to proceed in trying to find a way to help Colonel O'Neill, and she almost snapped at another airman who had just been told not to guess about answers, and he promptly guessed about something and she corrected him. (HW)

12) She was pretty insubordinate in "The Light" while they were walking on the beach, but that could be blamed on other stuff.* (HW)

14) Does it count when she disobeyed Makepeace's order to leave Jack behind in "Into the Fire", and she went back for him anyway? We would not have gotten that awesome hug if she hadn't disobeyed the order. (HW)

15) "Foothold" when she got in Maybourne's face and said "Maybourne, you're an idiot every day of the week. Why couldn't you have taken just one day off?" (HW)

16) She challenged Hammond right in the gateroom in "Fifth Man" about whether the team was going back for Jack, and Hammond threatened to have them shot if they didn't stand down.*(HW)*

17) Also telling McKay she was just stating to like him was totally messig with his head and great payback (RTP)

18) Emancipation - totally fierce in that entire episode! (RTP)

19) Cam asked her"still haven't found anyone that can keep up with you! huh? Sam's cheeky answer - "Nope". . (RTP)

20) "First Commandment". She disobeyed orders and left Daniel and Teal'c to fend for themselves while she went off to confront Jonas Hanson. (HW)

21) "Singularity". She disobeyed orders and went back to stay with Cassie, even though it meant she would die if the bomb went off. (HW)

22) She was pretty confrontational in "Thor's Hammer" with Daniel about everything until they found Jack and Teal'c. (HW)

~

23) In "Prometheus" where Hammond orders her to give Julia Donovan "a tour of the facility", Sam hesitates and looks at Jack before saying "Yes, Sir", clearly agreeing with Jack's "This is an insanely bad idea" comment.
                            Last edited by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse; 20 April 2013, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Looking at this list she doesn't very often disobey Jack and a lot of her fierce/cheeky/assertive moments are because of Jack!!!
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

18) Emancipation - totally fierce in that entire episode! (RTP)

20) "First Commandment". She disobeyed orders and left Daniel and Teal'c to fend for themselves while she went off to confront Jonas Hanson. (HW)

21) "Singularity". She disobeyed orders and went back to stay with Cassie, even though it meant she would die if the bomb went off. (HW)

22) She was pretty confrontational in "Thor's Hammer" with Daniel about everything until they found Jack and Teal'c. (HW)

23) In "Prometheus" where Hammond orders her to give Julia Donovan "a tour of the facility", Sam hesitates and looks at Jack before saying "Yes, Sir", clearly agreeing with Jack's "This is an insanely bad idea" comment. (S-C-I-M-M)

~

24) In SGA when two Hives are over the city, Woolsey says he's the highest ranking member of the IOA and is taking over, he orders John to fire on the Hives. Sam she tells him to shut up and get out - or words to that effect.

25) In s9 - someone insert episode - when they're being chased by a swarm of flesh eating beetle like bugs and hide in the cave. Woolsey tells her to give the IOA members some sympathy and hope and she tells him where to go. Also one of the IOA member starts shouting and she tells him to shut up because he's alerting the bugs to their presence - she doesn't shout because she can't but you can hear it in her tone she wants to punch him.

26) Crystal Skull - She yells at the archaeologist not to look into the skulls eyes because that's how Daniel disappeared.

27) The way she talks to Fifth in his creepy fantasy world in New Order pt 2.

28) New Order pt 1 - Her veiled threat to Wier that she won't try to figure out how the Tel'tak was modified by Jack if she won't let her try to save him.

A fair few are because of Jack but she gets more bold after he's not around.
                                Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                                If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Working...
                                X