Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
    I'll have to admit that my first apple butter was after I came to the USA at college age. I love it and even make it myself now.

Root beer has a little spiciness to it...but the sugar balances it out.
    I'd love the recipe for apple butter, it was amazing! I'm sure I could taste cinnamon in it!
    Sweet lavender sky ~ pastels parading slowly ~ twilight slowly falls

Comment

Which review is next?
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
        not a fan favourite of mine - i think this episode is rather boring! but to each his own (and the rest for me )

greetings LAX
        ps: from a shipping point of view the episode ("A hundred days") might be important but otherwise it is just so damned lame - you may kill/stone me now
        I agree. Ship or lack thereof aside, I find Laira boring and Jack gives up waaaay too easily IMO. On a human being level, Jack is consistently very rude to Sam throughout the episode (snapping at her explanation of the meteor shower, despite the fact that we all know he's interested in astronomy and walking away from her when she's speaking to him) - I bet his mother would've given him a clip round the ear for his behaviour!

There are only two things that make me not hate him - a) maybe he was trying to push her away because he knew the "Shades of Grey" mission was coming up or b) (not so forgivable) he was starting to realise he had feelings for her and was trying to either distance himself or was just in a stinking mood because he was annoyed with himself, maybe Sam a little too, and was taking it out on her. Or, you know, just had "raging hormones" and no way to do anything about it, to put it politely.

Btw Hlndncr nice nickname for "she who shall not be named"! (If I'm remembering correctly I think that's what a bunch of GW'ers nicknamed Laira for a while years ago.)
        Last edited by AmberLM; 11 April 2013, 02:53 PM.
        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

A little more OT (re: root beer) and then I swear I'm done...

Spoiler:
          ...but this is going back to the root beer conversation from yesterday. A very timely article was posted on my facebook wall today: Homemade Sassafras Root Beer Recipe
          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
            A little more OT (re: root beer) and then I swear I'm done...

Spoiler:
            ...but this is going back to the root beer conversation from yesterday. A very timely article was posted on my facebook wall today: Homemade Sassafras Root Beer Recipe
            Thanks for sharing, never had any idea what root beer was before, really interesting.
            Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
            If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Thank you, Amara D'Angeli!
              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

100 Days was about the second episode I watched of SG. I just happened on the show and knew nothing of the characters. Sooo, I liked 100 Days because of the "romance" in it. Later, of course, I became a Sam and Jack fan and, analyzing 100 Days, I wondered what the heck he was thinking.

Comment

OMGoodness! I was under the weather last week, then doctor appointments and somehow got it in my head my review or One False Step was due the 13th but it was due the 7th. I think I even came in here and asked would it be okay if I posted it early on the 12th, which is today! I've got the disk in the player and ready to go unless somebody saw I was late and already posted it?
                  sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                    OMGoodness! I was under the weather last week, then doctor appointments and somehow got it in my head my review or One False Step was due the 13th but it was due the 7th. I think I even came in here and asked would it be okay if I posted it early on the 12th, which is today! I've got the disk in the player and ready to go unless somebody saw I was late and already posted it?
                    Don't worry your not late, and take your time, we are a few days off the schedule anyway x
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Whew, I'm ok as I see LVJS just posted his review of Serpent Song. Ok, I'm going to prepare my review of One False Step, wait for HLDNCR to post her review of Holiday (good luck with that one, sheesh), then post mine of OFS.

Thanks SGSuzy

Comment

The review for Holiday has already been posted. You just take your time, Ramona.
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Thanks, but I won't be too long. Its halfway done.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            We do have the introduction of kelnoreem. This started out as a joke because CJ would often fall asleep when they were filming the briefing room scenes (because he had so few lines). He said Teal’c was meditating. Thus, the idea for kelnoreem was born.
                            I can't believe I never knew about this - it's hilarious!

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                            Meh, I don't like Laira because she's a bit wet. What I object to the most was Jack's rudeness. Ship aside, even if Sam was just a colleague, he shouldn't have walked away and dismissed her like that.

Great review of Holiday I still think the best RDA impression goes to Michael Welch as mini-Jack. I honestly believed that he was Jack. He's a talented young man.
                            That is the biggest problem I have with 100 Days - Jack's behaviour towards Sam is so out of line. He's rude towards her a couple of times in this ep and it doesn't sit well with me at all.

Michael Welch was just delightful to watch as mini-Jack! Very talented indeed
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

I remember getting on a Continuum kick awhile back, and telling somebody that if I found a fic that was incomplete, that had Cam dying at the extraction ceremony and a married Jack and Sam making it to the AU, where they are split up by TPTB, and they each take one of the other's dogtags, I would share it.

Here:
                              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7067560/1/ Almost Normal
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                                I remember getting on a Continuum kick awhile back, and telling somebody that if I found a fic that was incomplete, that had Cam dying at the extraction ceremony and a married Jack and Sam making it to the AU, where they are split up by TPTB, and they each take one of the other's dogtags, I would share it.

Here:
                                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7067560/1/ Almost Normal
                                Ah, I was hoping someone would manage to find and post it - thank you!
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Working...
                                X