23rd Jul - Pretense - meredithe5
      28th Jul - Urgo - SGSuzi
      2nd Aug - A Hundred Days - hlndncr
      7th Aug - Shades of Grey - LCJS
      12th Aug - New Ground
      17th Aug - Maternal Instinct
      22nd Aug - Crystal Skull - neverendingimagination
      27th Aug - Nemesis - Ikorni
      You guys want to discuss Urgo during Ship Day?
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

by jasminaGo

Summary
        SG-1 comes across a crazy old man who has spent his life fighting the goa’uld. He tricks Daniel into trying one of his wacky inventions and hilarity ensues, but with potentially deadly serious consequences.

Favorite Scene
        I love Fred. So for me the scenes with Fred and Machello are gold.

Favorite Lines
        DANIEL/MA'CHELLO
        (to various people walking along, who all ignore him)
        Hello, friend. I am new to this area. I would like to learn about your culture and customs. Will you teach me? Do you not understand me?
        FRED
        (holding out a paper cup)
        Spare any change, please?
        DANIEL/MA'CHELLO
        Why does no one answer me?
        FRED
        'Cause you're strange.
        DANIEL/MA'CHELLO
        Am I? Tell me how I am strange.
        FRED
        Man, you can't be just walking up to people you don't know on the street, and talking all weird like that, asking for stuff.
        DANIEL/MA'CHELLO
        Isn't that what you are doing?
        FRED
        Well, yeah, but…
        DANIEL/MA'CHELLO
        Then you must be strange as well.
        FRED
        I been called worse. Sure, I'm strange, too.

General
        I’ll admit this is not a favorite episode. It’s alright, but I don’t think it adds anything of significance to the characters or the series. Machello’s story does hint that there is a wider resistance out in the galaxy to goa’uld domination, but we never get anything out of that.

It was fun seeing Chris Judge stretch his acting chops and show off his impression of RDA. Michael Shanks also does a brief impression at the end during all the body swapping, which was dead on. He also gets to play against himself as old Machello. RDA, on the other hand, proves that he really can’t play anyone but RDA.

We do have the introduction of kelnoreem. This started out as a joke because CJ would often fall asleep when they were filming the briefing room scenes (because he had so few lines). He said Teal’c was meditating. Thus, the idea for kelnoreem was born.

Sam/Jack
        Nothing really. They hardly even interact in this one.

I will say I’m very happy they didn’t go anywhere near Sam and Jack switching bodies. I really don’t like the implications of that scenario. (Besides, there’s no way RDA could have pulled it off.)

Sam does show a lot of care and concern for Daniel. So this episode has been used by S/D shippers as a sign of their romantic attachment. This makes no sense to me because Daniel is still quite clearly in love with his wife and has not given up hope that he can yet save her.

The best thing about this ep are the behind the scenes pics we got:

Last edited by hlndncr; 07 April 2013, 12:38 PM.

Comment

So, do any of the Sam/Teal'c shippers use those bts pictures as proof of there being romantic feelings between them while Teal'c is in Jack's body?

Just kidding. Nice review. Don't agree with the comment about RDA's acting though, but I guess that's a personal interpretation.

SJ_green.gif
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I'll wait and see what's left for my second episode set.
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...Officers-1.jpg
              I haven't seen this before, thank you very much for sharing - and for the review

Comment

What is it about 100 Days, that no one wants it?
                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                  What is it about 100 Days, that no one wants it?
                  I'll take A Hundred Days and Fair Game.
                  hlndncr said she'd take it

Comment

Okay. But what is it about it, that some people have said they're ignoring it or at least parts of it?

Comment

Sam/Jack
                      Nothing really. They hardly even interact in this one.

I will say I’m very happy they didn’t go anywhere near Sam and Jack switching bodies. I really don’t like the implications of that scenario. (Besides, there’s no way RDA could have pulled it off.)

Sam does show a lot of care and concern for Daniel. So this episode has been used by S/D shippers as a sign of their romantic attachment. This makes no sense to me because Daniel is still quite clearly in love with his wife and has not given up hope that he can yet save her.

Great review, hlndncr! I had forgotten that bit about CJ and the kelnoreeming.
                      Has anyone ever heard why they actually did those behind the scenes photos? Were they ever used for anything (other than making shippers sqee lol)?

Comment

Well just speaking for myself, it's the whole "relationship" thing with Laira. That, plus the way Jack dismisses Sam at the end of the ep, not even noticing how tired she had to have been. Even to the point of (very rudely) walking away when she was in the middle of explaining how they were getting him home.

I just read a fic recently (not sure which one - I've been reading a lot!) that had General Hammond come through the gate the night before Jack goes home (and the last scene of the ep), telling Jack about his undercover mission. For me, that would explain his behavior at the end of the ep.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                          Okay. But what is it about it, that some people have said they're ignoring it or at least parts of it?
                          A Hundred Days is about Jack getting stranded on another planet when a meteor hits their gate and buries it. So for the next 100 days he has to adjust to living in a non-technological place, as well as resist the advances of a woman named Laira, who has taken quite a liking to him.

In the meantime, Sam is back on earth all but killing herself trying to figure a way to get Jack home. She barely gets any sleep, hardly eats anything, and all but invents a machine that is capable of drilling a hole through the material that has buried the gate on Edora.

In the meantime, on about the last of the 100 Days, Jack gives in to Laira's advances and has sex with her. The next day he's rescued. And instead of being grateful to Sam for the huge effort she put into his rescue, he walks away from her while she's speaking and goes to Laira and hugs her, and asking her to come back to earth with him.

The last scene is a picture of Sam's face at being brushed off and hearing Jack ask Laira to return to earth with him.

That's it in a nutshell. Obviously, there are lots more details.

Some people absolutely hate it for various reasons - mostly to do with Laira all but throwing herself at Jack. Others have other reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
                            I just read a fic recently (not sure which one - I've been reading a lot!) that had General Hammond come through the gate the night before Jack goes home (and the last scene of the ep), telling Jack about his undercover mission. For me, that would explain his behavior at the end of the ep.
                            I read that one, too, but I don't recall the title or author.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              A Hundred Days is about Jack getting stranded on another planet when a meteor hits their gate and buries it. So for the next 100 days he has to adjust to living in a non-technological place, as well as resist the advances of a woman named Laira, who has taken quite a liking to him.

In the meantime, Sam is back on earth all but killing herself trying to figure a way to get Jack home. She barely gets any sleep, hardly eats anything, and all but invents a machine that is capable of drilling a hole through the material that has buried the gate on Edora.

In the meantime, on about the last of the 100 Days, Jack gives in to Laira's advances and has sex with her. The next day he's rescued. And instead of being grateful to Sam for the huge effort she put into his rescue, he walks away from her while she's speaking and goes to Laira and hugs her, and asking her to come back to earth with him.

The last scene is a picture of Sam's face at being brushed off and hearing Jack ask Laira to return to earth with him.

That's it in a nutshell. Obviously, there are lots more details.

Some people absolutely hate it for various reasons - mostly to do with Laira all but throwing herself at Jack. Others have other reasons.
                              Meh, I don't like Laira because she's a bit wet. What I object to the most was Jack's rudeness. Ship aside, even if Sam was just a colleague, he shouldn't have walked away and dismissed her like that.

Great review of Holiday I still think the best RDA impression goes to Michael Welch as mini-Jack. I honestly believed that he was Jack. He's a talented young man.
                              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                                Meh, I don't like Laira because she's a bit wet. What I object to the most was Jack's rudeness. Ship aside, even if Sam was just a colleague, he shouldn't have walked away and dismissed her like that.
                                What does "a bit wet" mean?

Comment

Working...
                                X