No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, the original plan was for Jacob to die at the end of Tok'ra II. The transfer of Selmak wasn't supposed to work, but they liked Carmen so much (the actor who played Jacob) they decided to leave open the opportunity for him to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
      Actually, the original plan was for Jacob to die at the end of Tok'ra II. The transfer of Selmak wasn't supposed to work, but they liked Carmen so much (the actor who played Jacob) they decided to leave open the opportunity for him to come back.
      what really?

Comment

Really? Wow!
        sigpic
        Fate makes our relatives; choice makes our friends-quote I found in my dad's senior year of high school under his name

"Give me a pen and I'll write the words"
        http://avp60685.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          what really?
          Yep. I can't remember where I got that information. I think it was the Season 2 companion book. If I remember when I get home I'll check. But I'm certain I did read that from one of the producers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            i vote for a 2 week break.
            I'm a little behind, but my RL is calming down a bit now and I'm ready to have some fun again and do more shipping. So I'm good with moving forward on the schedule we have now. I think if we don't, we'll just stall out and pretty soon quit altogether.

selene has jump started us again nicely with her review of Secrets. Thanks selene!

Comment

So you guys watch the episode related to the couple and then post reviews on it or how does that work exactly?
              sigpic
              Fate makes our relatives; choice makes our friends-quote I found in my dad's senior year of high school under his name

Comment

I've wondered why Kasuf did not let Daniel know sooner that Sha're was on Abydos.
                (Yeah, I know it fits in the story line but doesn't seem logical)
                sigpic
                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                  I've wondered why Kasuf did not let Daniel know sooner that Sha're was on Abydos.
                  I always wondered the same but assumed Kasuf kept his end of the deal and kept the gate obstructed (meaning Amaunet came by spaceship) for a year and then removed the stone to allow Daniel to dial in. For some reason Kasuf didn't think it was wise to contact him sooner, or perhaps he doesn't know how to dial Earth and/or wouldn't know how to get a message through to him via the gate (he probably assumed Earth's gate is blocked too or has some kind of protection like the iris).
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Maybe he didn't want to upset Daniel and that's why!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                      Yeah, the way that whole thing played out always seemed strange to me. Kasuf knew that Sha're had been taken from Abydos...maybe he didn't realize that Daniel didn't get her back?

Comment

It leaves you wondering that's for sure!
                        sigpic

Comment

Okay let's continue with the schedule. LCJS is due to do the next review due in a few days, perhaps there might be someone willing to take over if he is struggling a little
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            oh that's interesting... and such a great decision!! Jacob was one of my favorite characters and he really helped us see another side of Sam and learn more about her childhood. The show wouldn't have been the same without him
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Selene for your great review
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                                Thanks Selene for your great review
                                You're welcome!

And I'll help pick up the slack if necessary. I'll just need the episode title and the due date.

Comment

Working...
                                X