No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nope the nox go the way of the tollan. we never hear from them or see them again. i always wondered if they converted to origin or were killed by the ori in the war.

Comment

I was just wondering that last night... I don't think they would've converted but I always wondered what happened to them. They probably sat back and didn't interfere... but at the same time they were still more active then the Ancients... wouldn't they have done something?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
        I was just wondering that last night... I don't think they would've converted but I always wondered what happened to them. They probably sat back and didn't interfere... but at the same time they were still more active then the Ancients... wouldn't they have done something?
        the asgard were the only ally (besides the jaffa) that we had where they took direct part in the war. i was wondering as well, do you think if the jaffa did cut ties with us that we would have faced an attack by them? i mean we're not very well liked and Bra'tac, Rak'nor, and Teal'c were the only main jaffa that we had on our side.

Comment

One thing I would say about Sam and jack in this episode is that it seems that they are much more on the same wavelength now. They seem to end each others sentences, and they are starting to do that communicating with just a look thing they do. Also if you watch Sam does seem to spend quite a bit of time with her eyes on jack, watching what he is doing!!!
          sigpic
          Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            the asgard were the only ally (besides the jaffa) that we had where they took direct part in the war. i was wondering as well, do you think if the jaffa did cut ties with us that we would have faced an attack by them? i mean we're not very well liked and Bra'tac, Rak'nor, and Teal'c were the only main jaffa that we had on our side.
            Oh definitely... there have been a few episodes that had the Jaffa against Earth after they formed their council. But some of its understandable, Earth was only trying to help them but some of the Jaffa saw it as giving up one ruler for another.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
              I come bearing ficlet:

Spoiler:

The weathered gray stone lay apart upon the grassy hill. Sara had chosen the spot. Jack had not seen it until nearly two years after it was placed. He couldn’t face the reality the cold marble slab represented; the reality that his son was dead and it was his fault. When an alien encounter helped him realize that it was better to remember Charlie than hide from the pain he had come.

That first time he barely spoke a word. He imagined Charlie standing in the outfield with a glove on his hand and a smile on his face. He returned the following year on Charlie’s birthday and every year thereafter, unless his visit was delayed by an untimely gate malfunction, emergency lockdown, or off world confinement. As the years passed Charlie, or this remembrance of Charlie, became the receptacle of Jack’s confidences. He had shared much of his life, his hopes, and his fears before this stone.

Despite the dulling of the years, Jack’s heart still ached for his lost boy. He never spoke to anyone about his son. He always came alone.

When Jack finally married the companion of his heart he knew he could not surround his past with an impenetrable wall displaying a giant “Keep Out” sign. And he wanted to let her in. She already knew him so well, understood him almost completely. Almost. So the night before his annual pilgrimage he took a deep breath and began to talk about Charlie. They talked all night.

The next day they stood together on that same grassy hill. The cool morning breeze ruffled Jack’s short gray hair. He wrapped his wife’s chilly fingers in his hand and she gave him an encouraging smile. Love and understanding illuminated her clear blue eyes.

“Charlie,” he said, gently squeezing her hand, “this is Sam.”
              This was just lovely Greened ya!
              sigpic
              Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Thanks all. I'm glad you enjoyed the ficlet!

meredithe I love The Nox banner. Did you make that one? I may have to steal borrow the composition and style for an upcoming work.

Comment

Thanks all. I'm glad you enjoyed the ficlet!

meredithe I love The Nox banner. Did you make that one? I may have to steal borrow the composition and style for an upcoming work.
                  Yes I just made it Glad you like it... I couldn't decide on what I wanted to do for this episode lol I think I changed it like 5 times. I got the style from RodneyIsGodney though on an Artwork for All challenge entry.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think the last time we saw the Nox was in Pretense (season 3). I don't think they would have gotten into any conflict, they are extreme pacifists, they are probably still on their planet in the invisible city!

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      I dunno, maybe it's just me but I think it's very normal to ask about a colleague's family? I would be surprised too if I'd been working side by side with someone for a few months and then suddenly I find out s/he's married and has a kid that they never talk about (while everyone else - except Teal'c at that time - talks about their family/loved ones). Plus Sam never saw him wearing a ring (or taking it off prior to going on a mission) and he easily could have said something about his wife or just relationships in general when she talked about her crazy ex-fiance or when Daniel mentioned Sha're. Not to announce he had a family but more like being able to relate to their problems, since he was married too.

EDIT:
                      Then again, maybe I'm just too curious. Plus, I usually don't know what to talk about with people I've just met (I suck at small talk) so I tend to ask them all kinds of questions, including if they're with someone and/or have a family to avoid those awkward silences.
                      I tend to listen rather than ask questions. It usually takes me longer to find out the answers to my questions, but I do usually catalog the info and develop a big picture over a long period of time. I don't know if it's because I'm a youngest child or some natural personality trait -I'm gregarious in all other respects, but usually at work I try to focus on work and not waste time asking personal questions (I also worry that if I slipped into that, my boss would slam the lid on it rather hard).

This was mainly why I didn't think it was odd that Sam didn't know more about him.

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                      While I admit this scene could just be normal curiosity about someone she must work with and trust with her life, I prefer to see it as single unattached female scoping out the possibilities with the resident hunk to see if he's also unattached (which he is- yayyyy!). I may be totally looking through my ship-colored glasses but I refuse to take them off!
                      LOL

I come bearing ficlet:

Spoiler:

The weathered gray stone lay apart upon the grassy hill. Sara had chosen the spot. Jack had not seen it until nearly two years after it was placed. He couldn’t face the reality the cold marble slab represented; the reality that his son was dead and it was his fault. When an alien encounter helped him realize that it was better to remember Charlie than hide from the pain he had come.

That first time he barely spoke a word. He imagined Charlie standing in the outfield with a glove on his hand and a smile on his face. He returned the following year on Charlie’s birthday and every year thereafter, unless his visit was delayed by an untimely gate malfunction, emergency lockdown, or off world confinement. As the years passed Charlie, or this remembrance of Charlie, became the receptacle of Jack’s confidences. He had shared much of his life, his hopes, and his fears before this stone.

Despite the dulling of the years, Jack’s heart still ached for his lost boy. He never spoke to anyone about his son. He always came alone.

When Jack finally married the companion of his heart he knew he could not surround his past with an impenetrable wall displaying a giant “Keep Out” sign. And he wanted to let her in. She already knew him so well, understood him almost completely. Almost. So the night before his annual pilgrimage he took a deep breath and began to talk about Charlie. They talked all night.

The next day they stood together on that same grassy hill. The cool morning breeze ruffled Jack’s short gray hair. He wrapped his wife’s chilly fingers in his hand and she gave him an encouraging smile. Love and understanding illuminated her clear blue eyes.

Oooh! Wow. Nicely done.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

New episode. New banner and avi!

Comment

I love um Hlndncr!! You caught that Carter smile that I mentioned
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                            I love um Hlndncr!! You caught that Carter smile that I mentioned
                            Yes, I love that smile.

So does Jack of course!

Comment

I come bearing ficlet:

Spoiler:

No green left to give - but GREEN anyway! *sniff*

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              nope the nox go the way of the tollan. we never hear from them or see them again. i always wondered if they converted to origin or were killed by the ori in the war.
                              The Nox seem to be of the same level of advancement as the Ancients (ability to heal- maybe farther advanced as I don't recall the Ancients bringing back the dead?) but the Nox' appearance is deceiving. They also seem to have the same non-interference policy - they're just a heck of a lot nicer and just so darn cute!

But if I'm right about their advancement being so elevated - what were they doing in the grass huts when they have a city in the sky? Camping out?

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                              I think the last time we saw the Nox was in Pretense (season 3). I don't think they would have gotten into any conflict, they are extreme pacifists, they are probably still on their planet in the invisible city!
                              Lya made an appearance in the episode where Skarra and Khlorel are on trial for the right to Skarra's body. What season was that? And she is soooo tiny. I always wondered if that is a camera trick such as they used in The Hobbit or if the actress is really that petite. She doesn't seem quite as small in the episode "The Nox ", but she does in the Skarra/Khlorel ep. EDITED: That WAS Pretense - sorry.
                              sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

I've always been perturbed by how the non-interference thing was presented in Stargate. I understood the Prime Directive in Star Trek (which was more like a guideline, depending on the captain), because humans were often presented as finite creatures - not knowing how their influence would disrupt a culture. Often times with things like the Nox or the Ancients, it's treated like it's an enlightenment thing. I would have preferred a 'from the point of view of...' kind of mindset. Like the Nox choosing not to interfere because they destroyed a whole civilization. As for the Ancients, they interfered all over the place (with humanity being part of their descendants - what's with not helping people ascend anyway. Maybe if they'd been a little more on top of that Anubis wouldn't have pulled on over on Oma).

The Nox rank only slightly higher than the Unas in my *least favorite species to see on a series. I kind of assume they went into hiding with the arrival of the Ori and haven't seen much need to come out since.

As for Jack and Sam being on the same wavelength - I've appreciated that about the series. They're both military and I love that they are on the same page most of the time.
                                Last edited by Nynaeve506; 05 October 2012, 10:29 AM. Reason: Because that word 'least' makes all the difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X