Hi JM, welcome the wonderful world of shipping. I'm pretty new too
    sigpic
    Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by John Emmanuel Ramos View Post
      Well, how's the day, shippers?

I'm JM and I'm new to Gateworld.
      Hiya! Welcome to GW
      Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

I was thinking today, that we all look for the ship moments in every episode, but what are the ship bloopers, the moments when you want to grab one of them and shake them and swear loudly at the tv.

For me it has to be 'Grace' Jack has so obviously been absolutely distraught all the time Sam is missing, and is keeping vigil by her bedside (again) till she wakes, so when she opens her eyes and lovingly calls him Jack, why couldn't he have just grabbed her hand and giving her a kiss, or squeeze her hand, or call her Sam, instead of the 'excuse me'
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
          I was thinking today, that we all look for the ship moments in every episode, but what are the ship bloopers, the moments when you want to grab one of them and shake them and swear loudly at the tv.

For me it has to be 'Grace' Jack has so obviously been absolutely distraught all the time Sam is missing, and is keeping vigil by her bedside (again) till she wakes, so when she opens her eyes and lovingly calls him Jack, why couldn't he have just grabbed her hand and giving her a kiss, or squeeze her hand, or call her Sam, instead of the 'excuse me'
          Yeah, I agree with Grace. I just wanted him to not be so detached, but I guess one of them had to be that way to keep things parallel. I'm so glad in Heroes though...because when she is crying, and he's there I was saying "Hug her! Hug....her....Jack!" And he hugged her lol. I think a big one was D&C...keep it in the room?! Are they nuts?
          "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Oh no, not me. I love the angst!
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I've often wondered about his reaction to her saying his name. It's not as if he'd never used hers. And lots of other people in the military (rank be damned) called him Jack. Not to mention she was a little out of it. Would it be so strange? Or perhaps it was more related to the fact that she never seemed to be able to go more than a sentence or two without calling him "sir".
              Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                Yeah, I agree with Grace. I just wanted him to not be so detached, but I guess one of them had to be that way to keep things parallel. I'm so glad in Heroes though...because when she is crying, and he's there I was saying "Hug her! Hug....her....Jack!" And he hugged her lol. I think a big one was D&C...keep it in the room?! Are they nuts?
                I've never quite understood the end of D&C, they have openly discussed their feelings in front of Janet and Teal'c, and then they say that but i still don't get how to interpret it. Sam says they can keep it in the room, Jack asks 'and are we okay with that' i think he would have happily retired and taken it further
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
                  I've often wondered about his reaction to her saying his name. It's not as if he'd never used hers. And lots of other people in the military (rank be damned) called him Jack. Not to mention she was a little out of it. Would it be so strange? Or perhaps it was more related to the fact that she never seemed to be able to go more than a sentence or two without calling him "sir".
                  i've never really understood the 'sir' and 'carter' thing, you would think a close team like that would just naturally use each others first names all the time. I know there is th military thing and the fact that they probably want to keep as professional as possible given their feelings.

I do like ti when they use each others first names, like when she calls him Jack, in lost city, and he introduces her as Sam to the little boy when they end of up on that dome planet place
                  sigpic

Comment

i've never really understood the 'sir' and 'carter' thing, you would think a close team like that would just naturally use each others first names all the time. I know there is th military thing and the fact that they probably want to keep as professional as possible given their feelings.

I do like ti when they use each others first names, like when she calls him Jack, in lost city, and he introduces her as Sam to the little boy when they end of up on that dome planet place
                    I don't really mind "sir" and "Carter". By the mid-point in the series, they were able to make them stand in for all manner of other things, I think.

(Btw, this problem wasn't specific to Stargate - it happens all the time in law enforcement procedurals - for some reason TV writers assume military or police people always call each other by their last names. While this is true of some, lots of people switch to first names as they get to know each other better. I'll say this, though, my brother's been out of the Navy for a couple of years and some of his sailor friends still call him by his last name. So, I guess there's really no telling.)
                    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      Oh no, not me. I love the angst!
                      Hehe. My writing thrives on angst

I see that as something that is their little thing. I mean on the team. Jack is the only one who calls her 'Carter' in the team dynamic (and even when you involve Hammond with that...he called her Captain or Major) and she is the only one who calls him 'Sir'. It is because of the military, and Jack tends to call other soldiers by their surnames. Later though, I see that as their way of keeping things professional and the barriers up so they don't step over the line into something personal, and they use the name thing to keep the distance.
                      "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

I have to agree with sasha713; Jack's timing (going from calling her "Sam" to strictly "Carter") was too convenient for it not to mean something. You will also notice that in the first (and maybe) second season Sam hardly calls him "Sir". At least not as often as she does in the later seasons. It's possible that it's down to the writing and/or actors as they started to get to know their characters more, but in the beginning Sam usually calls him "Colonel" or nothing at all, while she seems to use "Sir" almost every other sentence in the later seasons.
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

so it's almost as if sir and carter have become as friendly and informal as first names, and almost like pet names?
                          sigpic

Comment

I think "Carter" and "Sir" always meant so much more then simple names for each other. They were able to express their affection for one another, but at the same time remind themselves and each other that they needed to stay professional. I think if they called each other Sam and Jack the lines would've become too blurred and too tempting for them to ignore the regs like we all wish they had lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

i'm beginning to realise whilst i have noticed so much, i have also missed so much too. I've never noticed Teal'c knowing looks all the time until now, how could i have missed that
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                                I think "Carter" and "Sir" always meant so much more then simple names for each other. They were able to express their affection for one another, but at the same time remind themselves and each other that they needed to stay professional. I think if they called each other Sam and Jack the lines would've become too blurred and too tempting for them to ignore the regs like we all wish they had lol.
                                I think thats pretty much it, and we all know that they do ignore the regs eventually.

I just read somewhere that apparently the hug scene at the end of Heroes was supposed to be a kiss, but RDA and AT decided last minute to make it into a hug. I guess they felt at that time it wasn't an appropriate move, but at least if it is true we know that TPTB have intended there to be some confirmation
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X