No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, good, I'm glad! Okay then, I don't mind waiting... too long! And thanks for the hugs, I needed them. I'm feeling better now.

I know what you mean. I'm planning to go to the Creation Con in November in NJ, and I'm hoping I get decent pics. I went in 2004 and they came out horrible - everyone looked like little multi-colored blobs! Well except for Don S. Davis who let me take a few pics of him in the hotel lobby. I might borrow my dad's SLR camera and see if that will get me some better pics.

I really hope to meet Amanda someday. She was supposed to attend the con in 2004 but she had to cancel since she was filming a tv movie. From all I've read, though, she does seem like a very sweet person. And I agree, it does seem to shine through her character. Heehee...and I agree about Daniel being drawn to her! When
    Spoiler:
    she came back in Beachhead last season, I was so happy that he acknowledged her and said it was good to have her back.
    Last edited by JessM; 14 July 2006, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
      Thanks I need to finish up that one museum scene. Not sure where I'll put that in the story, but I have to put it in somewhere.

And thanks! I just about finished the first chapter so I hope to post it somewhere soon. I had a bunch of other ideas for the second chapter, so should be working on that one soon as well.
      I am very glad that the museum scene is going in the story.

Let me know when you've posted it. I'm looking forward to reading it. As busy as I've been, I will read it as soon as I know it's up.
      The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

Sounds good. Hope everything goes okay in Denver.

Hmm, that is an interesting thought. And she didn't seem too torn up about having to shoot the Jack impersonator, either...not that I could see anyway.

Urgo was such a funny episode. And it is nice that they invade the cafeteria together. Makes you wonder what they were doing before that...

Lol... hmm I think I might get your meaning there, and I think it would be interesting.

I also remember them finishing each other's thoughts when they were in the locker room, about how Urgo is technically alive or something like that (like "self aware" and feeling pain).
        Back from Denver. Things are fine, and aside from my not accomplishing anything while I was there, it went well. I have a start on the Jacob/Daniel fic, but only a couple of paragraphs that are not very good or in character.

That's what I thought. I suppose someone could argue that she wanted to keep the other alien alive, but I don't really think that was why she hesitated.

It does make one wonder.

Hehe... I might just write that... a few short fics to show while I'm on hiatus from chapter 5... I wish I could schedule a trip to the zoo, but my family keeps impeding me, and I may have to go by myself at this rate... I don't want to, though... I'll just kidnap my nephew and take him... But I digress...

Ah, yes. I remember that conversation now. They were thinking alike, as usual.

Comment

Quick post to bump this up...

I guess that's it for Urgo unless anyone has anything more?

A Hundred Days... this is supposed to be a S/J ep, or at least a lot of people say it is. Yeah, Sam does miss Jack, but I think she would have acted the same way if it was Daniel or Teal'c that was missing. Actually she's even more upset in Fire and Water when she thinks Daniel is dead or lost than she is about Jack here. The S/D moments I can remember are when they're ushering the people through the Gate and they share a look. Then they share another look at the end when Jack goes to say goodbye to Laira (maybe it's just me but I thought those two were great together ) and Daniel says something like "I don't think he was expecting to go home."

I also noticed that while Sam was explaining to Jack how they were able to get him back, he pretty much cut her off or ignored her to go talk to Laira. And I didn't see Sam being jealous or anything. But that's just me.
          I liked Jack and Laira, too. I guess, to me, this kind of shows that the s/j ship is rather one-sided. I don't see Jack being torn up about leaving Sam behind, just that his life is gone, but he makes a new one, and he seemed happy. If Sam hadn't gotten the gate back up, he probably would never have left Laira.

Yeah, another example of Jack cutting Sam off. I saw the look Sam had after she turned away as a look that said, "Well, that was stupid of me, I guess." No jealousy in my opinion.

Comment

BTTT! (Bump to the Top )

A couple of more pics to caption?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...niel/cl002.jpg
            Daniel: Wait a minute. What did you say?
            Sam: Nothing. (walks faster)

Comment

BTTT! (Bump to the Top )

A couple of more pics to caption?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...el/rr12500.jpg
              Sam: Daniel, are you all right?
              Daniel: I'm fine. I just had this awful dream...There was this ship... I have a terrible taste in my mouth...

Comment

Hmmm where is everyone?

Another pic for captioning

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...daniel/001.jpg
                I apologize for my absence... I had no internet access while in Denver, and I've been really busy since I got back... Busy and a bit sick... Tomorrow I am going to be busy all over again, but I came to boost the thread and get more conversation going...

Okay, so I have a couple of captions here:

The funny version, because I hate Sam's hat:

Sam: I can't believe he said that about my hat.
                Daniel: (thinking) That hat is ugly, but I think Sam looks nice.

or... the touching, sappy version:

Sam: Wait, don't go.
                Daniel: It's okay, Sam. I'm here for you. I'm always here for you.

Comment

Thanks Col.Samantha... that's okay, it's just great to see someone else posting here... makes me wonder if everyone's flown the coop!

Speaking of pics, there are new promo pics at this site: http://www.scifi.com/stargate (go to the Gallery link)

I'm depressed because there aren't any pics of Sam and Daniel together! There is a Daniel and Vala pic, and a Sam and Mitchell pic, but no Sam and Daniel pic! What is up with that? I mean, is the idea of Sam and Daniel being alone in the same shot together so very wrong? Grrrrr And we don't even see shots of AT and MS together in candid pics and stuff... he's always next to CB.

I think it's unfair how most of the pairings on the show have bones thrown their way, and we hardly ever get anything. Makes me wonder if the "they're brother and sister" mantra has invaded everyone's heads and is preventing them from getting Sam and Daniel close in any way.

I'm seriously thinking of giving up on this show...I think I've had enough. I'm not too happy about what's going to happen in tonight's episode. Next week's seems good, but after that it seems like Daniel and Vala will be forever paired together and he will alienate himself from Sam and Teal'c (and even Mitchell).

Sorry I'm being a wet blanket - I'm just kind of depressed about the way this show is going. I guess from here on it'll be fanfics and AUs for me.
                  I'm back... I'm sure I'll have posted enough to make people sick of me soon.

I don't think you should read too much into the promo pics, Jess. They're pushing the Vala angle because they think that people like it (and a lot do, but there are some of us who would rather not see her so much and definitely don't want her shipped with Daniel), and I think they may also be trying to draw in the fans of Farscape where both BB and CB starred...

With Vala being attached to "her" Daniel, it's not impossible that she would be at his side constantly whether he liked it or not. Besides, I don't think that d/v pic looks much like MS, I think it is Klaus, the GPS who is his stunt double and works all the d/v scenes.

I'm not giving up on the show, though I haven't seen the new ep yet and don't know when I'll get to see it... All I know is Beakymoose, my access to Stargate on tv and faithful friend is good at alcoholic drinks, aka brain bleach, that may be necessary for this season. Our offer to screen it stands, and I imagine season 10 will have many fix-its, missing scenes, and if I know myself and Beakymoose, spoofs.

I know that there may yet come a time when I am unwilling to watch... But I'm still hopeful at this point...

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                    *pats Jess on consolingly on shoulder*

Hopefully I'll have my Sam/Dan ship fic done sooner rather than later for you and other S/D'ers... It's up to 25K words right now. I like S/J ship and that's what I've done for 3 ff's, but a convo in the Sam thread challenged the muse to see how well I could write it and last week it shot up like 15K words! So keep fingers crossed the muse keeps content and productive.
                    Welcome to the s/d thread, Shimmering Star.

Thank you very much for posting... We welcome everyone (as long as they are not here to cause trouble), and I am very excited to see your fic... I admire people who can write for more than one ship... It is beyond me, as I can only see Sam and Daniel... So thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPower
                      Here's a season 10 picture I think you people will enjoy.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...sg_1002_14.jpg
                      *happy sigh*

Thanks for posting this, Master Power. It makes me really excited to see that episode.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                        LOL! No you didn't. And no... I don't post works in progress, but am really hoping to get this one finished sooner rather than later so it can be uploaded in its entirety. ((((Jess))))

Glad you like the pix. (and that's only a small drop in the bucket from the whole weekend! Wish I'd taken off this week to finish working on them, but I'm trying to do what I can in the evenings.)

Amanda is a wonderful, gracious person in RL and it shines through in Sam's character very much. (Easy to see why Dan would be drawn to Sam as more than just friends post-Sha're. )
                        How I wish I'd stuck to my original instinct to post my fic after it was done... Now I have people wanting updates, and I can't give them to them...

I haven't seen your pics... I wish I had time to look, but I'm trying just to catch up here on this thread and then get some sleep because I have to be up early tomorrow... I'm sure they're great...

I like AT as Sam, I don't think anyone else could have done her justice, and you're right, it is easy to see why he would be drawn to Sam.

Comment

Ah, good, I'm glad! Okay then, I don't mind waiting... too long! And thanks for the hugs, I needed them. I'm feeling better now.

I know what you mean. I'm planning to go to the Creation Con in November in NJ, and I'm hoping I get decent pics. I went in 2004 and they came out horrible - everyone looked like little multi-colored blobs! Well except for Don S. Davis who let me take a few pics of him in the hotel lobby. I might borrow my dad's SLR camera and see if that will get me some better pics.

I really hope to meet Amanda someday. She was supposed to attend the con in 2004 but she had to cancel since she was filming a tv movie. From all I've read, though, she does seem like a very sweet person. And I agree, it does seem to shine through her character. Heehee...and I agree about Daniel being drawn to her! When
                          Spoiler:
                          she came back in Beachhead last season, I was so happy that he acknowledged her and said it was good to have her back.
                          I wish I could go to a con. I have to live with everyone else's pics... Note to self: Look at Shore Leave pics.... I'll forget, though, despite the note...

That's too bad that you missed Amanda... I hope you get to see her someday. That would be neat. Ah, that moment in Beachhead... And their smiles and looks... *happy sigh*

EEK! The time... I have to go... Must get some sleep... And I didn't get that story finished or that email replied to... Darn it...

Comment

What did everyone think of the new episode and the brief look at next week's episode?

Comment

Originally posted by fishyone
                              I am very glad that the museum scene is going in the story.

Let me know when you've posted it. I'm looking forward to reading it. As busy as I've been, I will read it as soon as I know it's up.
                              Thanks! Someone left me a review for Spilled Coffee and said that if I do a sequel, they'd like to see more about Jake. There'll definitely be more of him as far as fluff scenes go. I don't know how else to involve him in the story, though. He'll be about 5 years old when all the main action takes place.

I will, thanks. It's been betaed but I just looked at it again and I realized I didn't say anything about a funeral for Sha're. Then again there's no body to bury, so I'm stuck on that... Hopefully I won't have to do a huge rewrite because the way I have it planned, there's really nowhere to fit a funeral in.

Comment

Originally posted by fishyone
                                Back from Denver. Things are fine, and aside from my not accomplishing anything while I was there, it went well. I have a start on the Jacob/Daniel fic, but only a couple of paragraphs that are not very good or in character.

That's what I thought. I suppose someone could argue that she wanted to keep the other alien alive, but I don't really think that was why she hesitated.

It does make one wonder.

Hehe... I might just write that... a few short fics to show while I'm on hiatus from chapter 5... I wish I could schedule a trip to the zoo, but my family keeps impeding me, and I may have to go by myself at this rate... I don't want to, though... I'll just kidnap my nephew and take him... But I digress...

Ah, yes. I remember that conversation now. They were thinking alike, as usual.

Glad to hear it. I'm glad that you have some of that fic written, I can't wait to read it. I'm sure it's better than you think.

Yeah, I don't think that's why she did it, either. I don't know why, but I find it funny at the end when Maybourne (I think) says "the alien posing as Dr. Jackson expired." I thought it had died earlier.

That would be cool ...short fics.

I love it when they're thinking alike and finishing each other's thoughts. It shows how they're both on the same wavelength pretty much. I'm hoping that we get to see some of that in next week's ep... or any other time this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X