Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishyone
    Ah, okay.

Well, that ends Fair Game, so on to Legacy...

I've always liked Legacy, though it struck me more recently just how easily everyone believed that Daniel was crazy rather than looking for any other reason for what he was seeing. Given some of the things they'd seen (Reetus come to mind), why did he have to be insane?

As far as Sam and Daniel interaction goes, I can't remember too much, though the way that Sam looks at him when they visit him in the mental hospital is just so sad, like her heart is breaking. I think she's near tears.
    I agree. You'd think with all the things that have happened to them that they wouldn't automatically discount it as Daniel being crazy... though you have to wonder if they would if that episode had come after Foothold or even Sight Unseen (that one from season 6 where everyone thought they saw those bugs crawling/flying around).

I think that's about it. There was a scene at the beginning where Daniel was in the locker room and heard someone calling his voice, and then when he left Sam was there... he asked her if she was calling him. She did look upset to see him like that, like she was about to cry. It seemed almost like it did in Holiday.

I guess we could go on to Learning Curve, but I don't really remember anything from that one. Does anyone else?

Comment

You're welcome. Yeah, I can just imagine where the bedhead/still kind of asleep look came from... something to do with Sam?
      That's what I was thinking... GMTA. Think a caption of that pic might be in order... will see if I can whip one up.

Comment

Originally posted by debbycake
        I like that idea! I don't know about how appropriate it would be or not. I think it would be fun to see.

What does everyone else think?
        Count me in!

Comment

Was talking to a friend the other day and thought of another way we could bring about discussion in this thread. We could get into why we think the ship works (even if it's just the friendship), why the writers aren't working on the friendship, etc. I mean, they have such a lovely friendship and the writers, in the words of my friend, don't seem to want to touch it with a ten-foot pole.

Was thinking if anyone wants to get into that discussion, that might give this thread some more life besides the fic we were just talking about.

I guess we can go on to Learning Curve in the episode discussion. I didn't see any S/D in that one, did anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
            Was talking to a friend the other day and thought of another way we could bring about discussion in this thread. We could get into why we think the ship works (even if it's just the friendship), why the writers aren't working on the friendship, etc. I mean, they have such a lovely friendship and the writers, in the words of my friend, don't seem to want to touch it with a ten-foot pole.

Was thinking if anyone wants to get into that discussion, that might give this thread some more life besides the fic we were just talking about.

I guess we can go on to Learning Curve in the episode discussion. I didn't see any S/D in that one, did anyone else?
            no I didn't. Point of View is next. Nothing is really coming to mind on that one.
            Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

I didn't see anything in that one, either, except for the part where Daniel is trying to find their reality with that control and he finds one that looks like theirs... the Sam in that one smiles at him and gestures to him, but he notices she's a Captain (instead of Major) and just smiles and gives her a wave before trying again.

Not sure if that really counts, though.

So, I guess the next one is Deadman Switch... nothing there comes to mind either, except for this:

Comment

Originally posted by debbycake
                I like that idea! I don't know about how appropriate it would be or not. I think it would be fun to see.

What does everyone else think?
                That's a neat idea. It would be great if we could get a nice group of people to do it.
                Count me in!
                Okay, so we have three votes (I count myself) towards the idea of a s/d story to be written in the thread. I don't want others to feel they didn't have a say in this... So how long should we leave the vote open?
                The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

New pic if anyone wants to caption.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...ccprofile1.jpg

Comment

Okay, so we have three votes (I count myself) towards the idea of a s/d story to be written in the thread. I don't want others to feel they didn't have a say in this... So how long should we leave the vote open?
                    Hmm...maybe until this weekend, or the end of the week?

Or maybe a bit longer?

Comment

Go for it! I think it'd be fun

Comment

Just stopping in to say I finally saw "Singularity"--it was very shippy for Sam/Daniel. How could she not love him after how supportive and sympathetic he was. Her line "sometimes I forget you're not military" was quite telling. Maybe she does have feelings for him, but always pushes them aside. My favortie line was Daniel's "I'm saying you don't have to do this alone".

On a humorous note, when Daniel walks into the kid's room, he makes asignal to Sam that looks exactly like the "call me" sign. That's not what he meant of course, butit still quite amusing!

Here's a link to a pic of it:

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s1/1...x15%5F101.html

Later,
                        Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Hmm...maybe until this weekend, or the end of the week?

Or maybe a bit longer?
                          Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter
                          Go for it! I think it'd be fun
                          Our total is now four votes in favor of a s/d thread story. I was thinking, since I asked the question yesterday, perhaps next Monday would be good? That is a whole week for our less frequent posters to visit and voice an opinion if they choose.

Comment

I am very willing to add my thoughts on this.

First, why does the ship work? Well, because of the meeting of minds. They are the two of the most intelligent people on the show, and this connects them. They can communicate with each other as they cannot someone else. Also, Daniel is nonmilitary, and he brings a counterpoint and balance to Sam. They each have areas of expertise or experience where one or the other would naturally take the lead.

There are a couple of reasons I think that the writers might be avoiding the s/d friendship... One being the new, popular ship with a recent addition to the cast and another being...well, a fear of the "canon" shippers getting annoyed with the close friendship Daniel and Sam share... It could also be the writer's tendency to bottle emotions and avoid dealing with those kinds of issues.

Comment

I am very willing to add my thoughts on this.

First, why does the ship work? Well, because of the meeting of minds. They are the two of the most intelligent people on the show, and this connects them. They can communicate with each other as they cannot someone else. Also, Daniel is nonmilitary, and he brings a counterpoint and balance to Sam. They each have areas of expertise or experience where one or the other would naturally take the lead.

There are a couple of reasons I think that the writers might be avoiding the s/d friendship... One being the new, popular ship with a recent addition to the cast and another being...well, a fear of the "canon" shippers getting annoyed with the close friendship Daniel and Sam share... It could also be the writer's tendency to bottle emotions and avoid dealing with those kinds of issues.
                              I totaly agree with you fishy. Just one thing I thought I'd add to the question why the ship works. THey just look SO cute together.
                              Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
                                Just stopping in to say I finally saw "Singularity"--it was very shippy for Sam/Daniel. How could she not love him after how supportive and sympathetic he was. Her line "sometimes I forget you're not military" was quite telling. Maybe she does have feelings for him, but always pushes them aside. My favortie line was Daniel's "I'm saying you don't have to do this alone".

On a humorous note, when Daniel walks into the kid's room, he makes asignal to Sam that looks exactly like the "call me" sign. That's not what he meant of course, butit still quite amusing!

Here's a link to a pic of it:

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s1/1...x15%5F101.html

Later,
                                Royal
                                That picture is hilarious! I can't believe I missed that.
                                Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X