Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishyone
    I first saw the s/d spark in Fallen, but I think that Singularity is the shippiest episode for them. I hope we get nice interaction, too.

Yeah, those words really do suggest something, don't they?
    I do, too. It's one of my favorite early eps, and the ep I always watch if I feel depressed about the chances for s/d interaction/friendship.

They sure do. Makes me wonder if they were sort of vague/ambiguous for a reason. Probably not, but it's nice to speculate.

Comment

Sam: What did you think of the cookies?
      Daniel: What? How did...YOU'RE my secret admirer?!

Comment

I am new here. I like Sam/Daniel ship. I write it. Can I have green blob please!

Rachel (veryangrystargatefan)

This is me sitting on the Stargate Blanket I made. Stargate #1.

Please spread the love. Help a fellow GWer. Click this thread link! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33123

Comment

Originally posted by veryangrystargatefan
          I am new here. I like Sam/Daniel ship. I write it. Can I have green blob please!

Hi... Welcome to the S/D thread. I don't know if I've seen your fic anywhere. But we are very glad to have another shipper in our ranks.
          The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

I remember the first time I watched Out of Mind thinking that they had replaced the actor (the difference was so extreme to my eye). Yeah... at least there is fanfiction.

I can't remember for sure, but it wouldn't have been too hard to leave someone with Daniel if they needed to, but then Daniel was also capable of defending himself, so...

I don't remember much in Seth, either. It was more a Jacob/Sam episode than anything else... Very big on Sam, like how she had to use the hand device to kill Seth. I think when they're captured, Daniel is next to Sam, but I can't remember too clearly.
            I don't blame you... when I first saw the screen caps for it, I thought "wait, what happened? He cut his hair? Who did that??" And it seemed almost like shock when I first saw it, because I saw 1969 directly before it and it was such a stark contrast.

I liked the Jacob/Sam angle in Seth. It was nice how it all turned out in the end.

I guess we can move on to Fair Game. I don't remember anything in that one, either. The only thing that stands out is that after Sam is promoted to Major and receives her insignia or whatever from Jack and Hammond, then turns and walks away from the podium, Daniel is clapping and giving her a sort of proud smile.

Comment

Daniel: You see, I knew they wouldn't take kindly to our elopement.
              Sam: Figures.
              Lol... that's a good one. Poor couple, in trouble so soon after tying the knot.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter
                Sam: What did you think of the cookies?
                Daniel: What? How did...YOU'RE my secret admirer?!
                Heehee... awww that's so cute! I can see a hug between them after that!

Comment

Originally posted by veryangrystargatefan

Hi Rachel! Great to have you here! Green blob for welcome and ship coming your way

Oh cool, you write it? Do you have any of your stories posted anywhere? I'd be interested in reading them.

Comment

Not sure if a caption can be done for this pic...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...spirits045.jpg

(but I do love the grin he gives her )

Comment

I was thinking about Daniel and Sam, who would be the Alpha and came to this conclusion...

Sam would willingly submit to Daniel, no problem...until there was trouble then she'd take charge without thinking about it.

Is that how you see it too?

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
                        I don't blame you... when I first saw the screen caps for it, I thought "wait, what happened? He cut his hair? Who did that??" And it seemed almost like shock when I first saw it, because I saw 1969 directly before it and it was such a stark contrast.

I liked the Jacob/Sam angle in Seth. It was nice how it all turned out in the end.

I guess we can move on to Fair Game. I don't remember anything in that one, either. The only thing that stands out is that after Sam is promoted to Major and receives her insignia or whatever from Jack and Hammond, then turns and walks away from the podium, Daniel is clapping and giving her a sort of proud smile.
                        Who does Sam tell about Cronus ordering Jolinar's death? I first thought it was Daniel, but then I wasn't sure, and it could have been Jack... I checked the summary on gateworld, but it didn't say...

But it is rather cute that Daniel smiles and claps for her.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
                          Not sure if a caption can be done for this pic...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...spirits045.jpg

(but I do love the grin he gives her )
                          Sam: (suspiciously) Daniel, what exactly did you tell him?
                          Daniel: *grin*

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                            I was thinking about Daniel and Sam, who would be the Alpha and came to this conclusion...

Sam would willingly submit to Daniel, no problem...until there was trouble then she'd take charge without thinking about it.

I think of it kind of as a partnership. I think the natural leader in the situation would assume the needed role. Sam and Daniel have a complimentary balance of strength and weakness that would adapt to any situation.

I'm having a hard time finding the words to say exactly what I mean to say.

Comment

Who does Sam tell about Cronus ordering Jolinar's death? I first thought it was Daniel, but then I wasn't sure, and it could have been Jack... I checked the summary on gateworld, but it didn't say...

But it is rather cute that Daniel smiles and claps for her.
                              Yeah, it was Jack. I checked the transcript on stargatefan.com. I couldn't remember either, though.

That's true. And that nice talk she has with him in Jolinar's Memories makes up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O

I think it depends on the situation myself. I think there are certain situations where Daniel could naturally take charge, and ones where Sam could as well. I think that in the early seasons Sam definitely had the instinct to automatically protect Daniel if there was trouble - not just because of her military training, but also because he is a good friend. She might still have that instinct to some degree now, and I'm sure Daniel has it for her as well as he's become more proactive.

There's my moebius strip answer, for what it's worth.

Comment

Working...
                                X