Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Paradox!

I'm doing great, thanks! Was busy these past few days taking an online course that I needed for work. So glad to have that finally done!

Yeah, I know what you mean. That one wasn't as upbeat and I didn't think I wanted to read it when I was in that mood. Whatever you find, that would be great

Oh goodness, yes! We ended up with 26 inches of snow. I think we broke a record. New York City got even more, and parts of Maryland and West Virginia got more than 30-40 inches! Crazy... I'm just glad we didn't lose power and were able to keep warm. Of course we had to dig out from under it, but it wasn't too bad with the snowblower.

Hehe, it makes me think of Sam and Daniel ending up in a blizzard and having to dig out... and getting into some snowball fights or something One of my friends wrote a cute fic many years ago about Sam/Daniel in the snow... I don't think it's online anywhere but I still have it on my computer. She even made a cute pic to go along with it. (Speaking of which, I love your new banner!)

EDIT: Oops it is online actually... It's been so long I forgot I put it on my site, lol. Here it is: Snowy Delights

Comment

Wow, i know i've never seen that much snow before!

Talking about the cold made me think of a what if scenario where it's Sam and Daniel stuck in the Antarctic together in 'Frozen' instead of Jack.

Or did someone already write that and i just haven't found it yet?

Thank you! I've had it sitting around in one of my folders for months now and decided to make it a banner for this forum.

That was a cute read by the way! Thank you for posting the link! The pic was pretty cute too!
      sigpic
      Sig by (x)

Comment

It was crazy! I think we've had close to 2 feet before, but never above that that I can remember.

Ooh, yes Do you mean "Frozen" or "Solitudes"? I don't think anyone's ever written that, for either of those episodes. I'd be curious to see how someone would write that!

You're welcome! I'd love to try making some banners again, if I can find the time.

Thanks! Anytime, I'm glad you liked it! She used to write some cute S/D stories, but I don't think she's active in the SG fandom anymore.

Comment

It might be called Solitudes, i can't remember to be honest. It's been a long time since i've seen that episode.

I hope you do! I'd love to see them.

Which can be said for a lot of ppl that were in this fandom. It makes me sad just thinking about it.
          sigpic
          Sig by (x)

Comment

Yeah I haven't seen it in a while either. It would be cool to see a story like that with Sam and Daniel there instead.

Thanks! I'll see what kinds of ideas I can come up with.

Yeah, it's sad. I'm just glad there are still a few around so we can talk and share our love for this show (and pairing).

Comment

If you find the time then please do! I'd really love to see some new S/D material up on the thread.

Indeed, and we can hope that some new fans will come and join us. The more the merrier!

You know, I was thinking about the early seasons of SG-1 the other day and i'm still surprised by the shippy vibes you get from Sam and Daniel back then. They teamed up a lot and they were adorable working together.

sigpic
              Sig by (x)

Comment

Sure! If you were talking about the fic I don't think I'd be able to do it, at least not until I've got some of the others out of the way (and I'm not exactly sure how I'd write it, lol). But I did just make one quick banner. Here it is:

I'll definitely try to make more!

I agree! They really had some great moments back then. I especially loved when they'd work together to solve a problem, like in Cold Lazarus, Thor's Chariot, and even in Bloodlines when they were going to take the goa'uld larva. It was so cute when Sam was all squeamish about getting it from the tank on 3 and Daniel just looks at her and says, "Okay, on 4." LOL. You can even see him kind of wince as Sam's taking it out and saying "I really really hate these things!" They are such peas in a pod.

Comment

I was talking about the banners. I know that you've got your plate full right now with other fics you need to finish, but if you ever do get the inspiration to write it i won't stop you.

Ahhh, i love it! I look forward to anymore you might make!

It's what i love about them. They took an instant shine to one another the first time they met in Abydos.

I've seen this pic floating around on tumblr, i think it was originally from Michael's twitter.

sigpic
                  Sig by (x)

Comment

Oh! Okay lol I thought that was what you meant but wasn't sure. Hehe, honestly if I could even figure out how to write it I'd try but I don't know if I could come up with anything that works I will keep making more banners though, definitely!

Thank you so much!

Same here, what they had is so lovely and unique, and I think both Amanda and Michael saw it (especially back then).

Ahh I love that pic, I've never seen it before! Thanks for posting it, they look so adorable. I checked and it is from Michael's twitter, he just said something about his "90s vest", lol. He didn't say anything else. I wonder when it was taken? Obviously looks like early on in season 1 to me, but I wonder if they had some kind of press thing for the show?

There's another one from season 1 time in the "Approaching the Possible" book, I scanned it some time ago:

Comment

They did. Sadly, in later seasons they started referring them as brother and sister. I kinda wonder if they said that because they didn't think many people liked it.

It does look like the picture was taken around season one. They look really young and the clothes are definitely from the nineties.

Oh, another pic! I'm not sure if i've seen that one before or not. Thanks for posting!

I forgot to ask how the site searching was going. I think you mentioned about wanting to make a new site some posts back.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by (x)

Comment

Yeah, that always disappointed me. I wouldn't doubt they were influenced by some other shippers (who shall go nameless but I think you know who I mean, lol). I was pretty disappointed when my friend told me what Michael said at a con around season 10 about S/D (though it turned out he was referring to pretty much every ship, at least that's what other people told me). I'm still glad that we have Carmen in our corner, though.

LOL! Yes, it definitely looks that way! I wish there was more behind-the-scenes stuff from the early days. The only stuff I've seen are the extras from the season 1 and 2 DVD sets. Plus I have some video tapes with the behind-the-scenes special Showtime aired when season 1 started airing (and then season 2). I saw screencaps on some Amanda site showing some behind-the-scenes thing that was done while they were filming Serpent's Song. It sounded really cute, too, I wish I could find it somewhere. There was some scene of Michael popping out of Amanda's trailer and being funny, like slamming the door shut on her while she was outside and she says "hey that's my trailer!" I've asked other fans why they never had any bloopers released from the early seasons (except for the one from Solitudes) and someone told me RDA thought it wouldn't make them look professional, or something like that. But that was at least 10 years ago. I wish they'd reconsider but oh well....

You're welcome!

Oh, I was looking into redesigning my site. I tried something out with CSS instead of HTML, but it ended up looking kind of plain. I might keep the design I have, but maybe get rid of the ugly buttons for the links. I wanted to try some kind of fic archive, like the one Maureen had for Scientific Minds, but I'm not sure how to do that. I'll keep looking into it, though.

Comment

It's always great to know we have Carmen on our side.

Really? I would love to see season 1 bloopers, but i highly doubt it will ever see the light of day tbh.

Well, in that case, i wish you luck and i look forward to seeing what you do with the site.

Picspam time...
                          Last edited by itsaparadox; 03 February 2016, 04:47 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by (x)

Comment

sigpic
                            Sig by (x)

Comment

sigpic
                              Sig by (x)

Comment

sigpic
                                Sig by (x)

Comment