Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itsaparadox View Post
    I see you're reading the transcript instead of watching the episode. I don't blame you not wanting to though. Watching Threads once was enough for me. Well, just know that your working on it when you have the free time just makes my day a little brighter.

Oh, Vala/Tomin. It's too bad they didn't make it work in the end, but their story ended pretty well.

Um, let's see. There's John Sheppard and Elizabeth Weir, though i don't think the writers could have handled it anyway since writing ships wasn't one of their strengths. Sam/Daniel is another. I mean seriously those first few season looked like they were going in that direction. I can't think of any others off the top of my head right now except Elijah/Elena from The Vampire Diaries. I may not watch the show anymore, but just like the other two pairings mentioned above they would have been great together but the writers stuck with that love triangle that drove me bonkers for four seasons.
    Hee, exactly! I probably should rewatch it, but there will probably be quite a bit I'll be fast-forwarding through. Aw, and that makes me even more inspired to work on this fic whenever I have the time!

Yeah, agreed. It was such a sweet ship.

Ooh yeah, I was into that one too, but I didn't trust the writers to handle it well. And of course Sam/Daniel! I really think they could have gone more that way after Sha're's death, but of course that didn't happen. I had maybe one or two pairings in Supernatural that were really nice, but they never really showed up for more than one episode so they kinda went by the wayside (though one or two fic writers explored them in some nice fics I got as a present for the fandom_stocking thingie they used to do on LiveJournal).

Col.Sam!! It's great to see you here again!! *big hugs*

Comment

Oh, i imagine lots of fast forwarding during that episode. I'm still peeved with the way Jacob/Selmak's death was handled.

Here's a pic from one of my favorite episodes.

sigpic
      Sig by (x)

Comment

Yup, I think the only scenes I really watched intently were the ones of Daniel in the waffle place with Oma... and then at the end when he came back again...for obvious reasons

Ooh, I don't think I've ever seen that pic before! *saves* One of my favorites too.

Comment

Oh, that last scene was the best part of the episode tbqh.

Well in that case snurch away.

So, how's the weather in your part of the world? Does it feel like summer yet?
          sigpic
          Sig by (x)

Comment

You know it!

Yay! Thanks

Oh does it ever! It has been so humid here lately, it seems like it will never end. On Sunday especially it felt so hot. It hasn't even been that hot, I think the highest the temperature has gone up to so far was about 88, but with the high humidity it makes it feel so much worse.

Hmm this has me wondering what kind of summer activities Sam and Daniel would do during their downtime

Comment

Eh, if only it would stay in the low seventies all summer. That would be a dream. I wish it had been 88 here today. We had to deal with 98 degree weather and it's always humid here so I understand how you feel.

Hm, now i'm wondering the same thing. Maybe we could make a list if you're up to it.

1. Take a nap on a hammock together.
              2. Stargaze while lying in the grass.
              3. Go to an amusement park.
              sigpic
              Sig by (x)

Comment

Oh, that would be perfect. Ugh, I feel for you guys! The worst is when it's hot and humid at night. We were affected by this blackout back in 2003 in August. Our power was out only one night, but that night it was so hot and humid, I felt so yucky. I'm so thankful for a/c.

Oh, I love it! Those are already great

Hmm...
                4. Have a picnic
                5. take a drive up to Pike's Peak
                6. tour some nice museums

Comment

You must have felt miserable! The worst time for the power to go out is during the summer or the winter. Yes, thank you Willis Carrier for modern air conditioning!

I love your three picks! Let's see...

7. Rock Climbing
                  8. Go to see a drive-in movie
                  9. Have a water gun fight
                  sigpic
                  Sig by (x)

Comment

Oh yes, it was just awful! LOL absolutely! It's been pretty hot and humid here the past two days but we're supposed to get some thunderstorms and hail tomorrow afternoon/evening and it's supposed to cool off a little after that. Really hoping so!

Thanks! Ooh, those are some good ones Aw, I'd love to see them have a water gun fight, that'd be a nice little fluffy fic.

Hmm, let's see if I can think of a few more too...

10. Go camping
                    11. Go whitewater rafting
                    12. Take Cassie for ice cream (though I guess that might only work in the early seasons?)

Comment

Hey, Jess! Did you get any rain?

I could definitely see them going out for ice cream with Cassie during the early seasons of SG-1.

13. Fly kites together
                      14. Go to a State Fair
                      15. Play Volleyball

So, i watched The Seer again yesterday and took notice of the pic behind Carter's desk. Is that who i think it is? In a tux similar to the one in 200? The other one is Cassie.

sigpic
                      Sig by (x)

Comment

Hey, Paradox! We got very, very little. It was quite a storm heading for us. They kept talking about severe thunderstorm watches and even a slight risk of a tornado. We were very lucky, though. I heard 50,000 people in Connecticut lost power, and even some in NJ and Delaware It did cool off a bit though, thank goodness!

I'm totally picturing it They were all so cute. Even in the scene at the end of In the Line of Duty when Daniel was trying to reassure Cassie that Sam was "the same Samantha Carter you've always known."

I love those!

Hmm..

16. Take a little trip offworld? (to a safe planet of course! )
                        17. Have a barbeque
                        18. Go bike riding

Ooh, yes, I remember seeing that now!! I was squeeing so much when I first saw it

Comment

Weather stations seem to do that with everyone apparently. Make a big fuss and nothing happens. No tornadoes is always a good thing though.

There was suppose to be a (shirtless Daniel) after Play Volleyball, but i forgot to mention it.

Hm, maybe to a planet similar to that fake world in Urgo? The one with the palm beach?

19. Go on a road trip
                          20. Go to a concert
                          21. Have a bonfire
                          sigpic
                          Sig by (x)

Comment

sigpic
                            Sig by (x)

Comment

Originally posted by itsaparadox View Post
                              Weather stations seem to do that with everyone apparently. Make a big fuss and nothing happens. No tornadoes is always a good thing though.

There was suppose to be a (shirtless Daniel) after Play Volleyball, but i forgot to mention it.

Hm, maybe to a planet similar to that fake world in Urgo? The one with the palm beach?

19. Go on a road trip
                              20. Go to a concert
                              21. Have a bonfire
                              Yup, I've really noticed that! They drove me crazy last winter when they kept hyping all those storms we got. But we were fine.

Ah, that makes it tons better I did kinda assume there might be one but it's good to have it confirmed

Yes, I was thinking that! Go for a swim, sunbathe, stuff like that.

22. Have a marshmallow roast (though I guess that one can go with your last one)
                              23. See a fireworks display
                              24. Go on some nature trails

I liked that they were sitting together in that scene (though of course I still hate how the episode turned out ). I wrote some more of my fic today. I was in an emotional mood and it just poured out of me lol. I still have to find a way to end it and edit it a bit more, but I'm glad I made some progress on it.

Comment

This summer list is giving me so many cute images of Sam and Daniel.

You know, i'm surprised that i've only read one fic where Sam takes Daniel on a motorcycle ride. Why is that not more of a thing?

25. Make root beer floats
                                26. Sit at an outdoor cafe
                                27. Build sandcastles

Yeah, it's just one big what if episode and i don't take it seriously. I like that pic a lot more than the other one. They don't look happy at all.

Yay! And I still look forward to reading it! I know it's going to be amazing.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by (x)

Comment

Working...
                                X