Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone!

*waves*

I haven't been in what feels like years. Wow.

Anyways... lol, loved the list of Michael Shanks' demands! I have to agree -- the glasses make Daniel. They add a certain, I don't know, *g* je ne sais quoi to his appearance, a sort of innocence and a symbol that he is only human... something which used to be quite obvious in the past. In previous seasons, Daniel is the most human out of all of the characters in that he is aware of his frail humanity... to accomplish what he has, he would have to be.

There's a line somewhere in season 10, I think, or maybe 9, that popped up when I refreshed my Stargate quotes on my Facebook, and it pretty much albeit surprisingly considering the character shift, summed him up, and I paraphrase,

"My life is no more valuable than anyone else's."

It is interesting how one item can change perceptions and everything. Without the glasses, and with that weird character change, he becomes no different to the others he works with... and that's not the against-the-man guy we knew and fell in love with. He might fight like one and admittedly now think like one at times, but he is not a soldier.

As for S/D being siblings... oh, that is as old as the hills... ok, maybe not that old but pretty old at least. Just ignore them -- we all know S/D makes much more sense. S/C is definitely a sibling thing going on there -- lol. I mean, come on, when has Sam joked about Daniel being naked? She's joked about Cam losing his trousers before now... which is similar, to give a recent example, to an incident at club I went to with my Mum's workmates the other night when they ID'd my sister, who's 15... and Mum said she was 18 so they asked sis her d.o.b, and she said something with 1987 in it... I won't let her forget it... I keep making Blackjack jokes.

Anyway, my point there, if it got lost, was that S/C very obviously have a sibling thing going down.

Daniel/Vala... act. I think it was Jess that said how similar their dynamic was/is to how Sam and McKay had to work together in season 6... both Daniel and Sam in those respective cases were fed up of and sarcastic to Vala and McKay... but had to work with them.

Anywho... my original reason for coming... Continuum pics!!! (spoilery perhaps on account of them having Sam, Cam and Daniel in the same shot... *cue suspense music*)

Spoiler:

It's of the actors on set but...

D: So Sam says, 'That isn't a rock. Does it look like a geode?' to which I said, 'Well, it's a colloquial expression... Ms Pedantic.' *Cam laughs*
    S: *eyebrow goes up* Yeah, soon to be Mrs Neurotic Office Streaker.

C: Harsh man, harsh... she did what to you?!
    S: Well... how was I to know that he'd pass out?
    D: My stomach hurts
    C: Are you sure it's your stomach? Could be lower.
    D: *clears throat*
    C: Now Sam, the next time, schedule painting the house from top to bottom when you one: don't have work the next day, and two: when Jackson's not staying over

C: Whoa... we were cancelled... and then sent on two pointless quests for nothing?
    S: Looks like it
    T: I will not accept that it was for nothing *pause* I received many watches
    V: I wondered how you kept losing them. Still... cancelled?
    D: Enough about that... does it say anything about the wedding? *glances at Sam* You did remember to post those invites, didn't you? *team looks at her meaningfully*
    S: Oops... I knew I forgot something

D: Back off SamJack, SamCam and DanielVala shippers... she's mine!
    S: Daniel, hold them off 'til I get the awful-ship disruptor out

S: Cam, sweetie, are you ok?
    C: My tummy hurts
    S: *glare* I told you not to give him a powerbar on an empty stomach, Daniel
    D: How was I supposed to know he didn't eat his dinner? Little sneak... he gets it from you know... And what's wrong with powerbars?
    S: Hello? Railroad through your digestive system ring a bell? And what did you mean by that?! If anything, he gets his hiding-til-he's-practically-dead thing from you
    C: *groan* Make it stop!
    D: Is it hurting more, Mitchell?
    C: *groans again* Hurry up so we can get home and you two can finally get laid and stop f*****g sniping at each other. I knew Landry was making a big mistake in making this mission a week long... ohh... And anyway, this is from all the tension... I wouldn't eat a powerbar if you paid me. Everyone knows T puts laxatives in them to make sure y'all are regular after O'Neill's barbecue *S and D exchange awkward glance*
    S: Oops... I was wondering about that...

S: That's a big... what is it?
    Jaffa: It is a present for your child from the Free Jaffa
    D: Thanks... but Jake's only two... and that is even too big for Teal'c... what is it?
    C: Never mind that... that babe's checking me out *T roars in the distance*
    D: *glances back at an advancing T* You so did not want to do that... that's Ish'ta... Ish'ta of the Hak'tyl
    C: *panicked* I... I'll, uh, go hide in... that...
    S: Good idea...
    Jaffa: And I will assist you... *shouts at T* The Hashak is going into the Child's Goa'uld Fortress with life-size figures of SG-1, the Jaffa and the Tok'ra! *looks at Cam with a smirk* ... in your capture
    D: Better start running, Mitchell
    C: Aww, shoot *runs like hell as T nears*

: D

On the fic front:

1. Jackson Junior: One More Time » reviews Set a year after Past and Present, Daniel attracts trouble when he offers Sam the greatest gift imaginable. Meanwhile, a new Doctor starts work at the mountain. SamDaniel, CamVala, Teal'cIsh'ta, JonasCarolyn, JackSara, ShWeir. House & Atlantis crossover Stargate: SG-1 - Fiction Rated: M - English - Adventure/Family - Chapters: 19 - Words: 36,095 - Reviews: 45 - Updated: 4-30-08 - Published: 4-2-08

2. Forgotten » reviews Tag for Memento Mori, Sam is upset that Daniel went on a date with Vala. DanielVala – not for DanielVala fans, SamDaniel Stargate: SG-1 - Fiction Rated: T - English - Romance/Angst - Chapters: 10 - Words: 8,843 - Reviews: 44 - Updated: 4-30-08 - Published: 4-8-08

3. Echo » reviews Sam begins to have flashbacks of SG-1’s time aboard the Odyssey and she turns to Teal’c for help. Meanwhile, Teal’c takes the opportunity to make the next fifty years much nicer for two of his friends. Tag to Unending.DanielVala,SamDaniel,CamVala,JackSar Complete - Stargate: SG-1 - Fiction Rated: T - English - Mystery/Angst - Chapters: 9 - Words: 8,551 - Reviews: 28 - Updated: 4-22-08 - Published: 4-8-08

hee, hee, copy and paste rocks.

Anyways... Echo's finished, Forgotten isn't... and neither is One More Time

Hope you enjoy the rest of your week! I'm off to buy tickets for a Rugby Varsity match (I hope my voice can take another shouting fest after last night's b-ball varsity lol)

: )
    Last edited by DrGemini2405; 30 April 2008, 03:56 AM. Reason: I drank some Doctor Pepper, got nissed as a pewt on caffeine... and.. uh... fell down a well...?
    (you'll have to refresh the page if you click 'My FF'; there seems to be a bug on FF's part - my account does still exist!!)

sigpic

Comment

Continuum
      Spoiler:
      That's horrible... in the first place, Daniel losing a leg... but also if that's the subtle change at the end -- hardly subtle! -- that'll be pretty damn sad, pardon my French. I just hope that there is at least some SD interaction in the movie, and that it has a nice ending.

Maybe Sam gets pregnant and if they do a sequel, it'll be called 'Stargate: Conception'... kinda like the Simpsons' 'Who Shot Mr Burns?' with the different scenarios... and then, unexpected by everyone else, it turns out that it's Daniel's! lol (there'll be some confusion towards the end with someone switching samples and falsely implicating Teal'c).

Anyway, the surreal aside, ok, I suppose the whumpage is necessary, or the best they could come up with... let's just hope that it isn't permanent.

Even more spoilerific... the scene with all of SG-1 in their camo gear is set in the Tok'ra's new base, where our boys and girls come to witness Bocce's execution.

The thing with Cam... I guess the SC'ers see what they want to see with that. If she'd taken to hanging out with Lee, there'd be another shipping faction. I see it as he already knowing her and just being friends... I really do like how he's like a hub, kind of, in that he holds it all together, or at least tries to. Comparing to the first time SG-1 got a new CO (Makepeace), Makepeace hated Teal'c... but Cam went out of his way to be buddies with the guy, which I thought was great.

It's like... well, I've always seen Cam as a cool version of Felger at first. He's SG-1's biggest fan but he doesn't get all weird about it. He takes the time to get to know the team, and I think Sam especially needed his friendship because of the weird dynamic going on with Daniel ignoring/glaring at her throughout those last two seasons.

That's not to say that I would support a full-blown ship between the two -- I wouldn't because it is a very much sibling relationship. Sam and Daniel used to tease each other but it was gentle... Sam and Cam's teasing is a little more intense, more like siblings... and how he stood in front of McKay in Pegasus Project was brilliant... and brother-like. Daniel wouldn't have done it because he knows Sam can defend herself. Cam would know this too but, like a brother, that didn't stop him.

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter either way. tptb will just do what they want, or do the bidding of who shouts the loudest.

Hmm, I was thinking about cliché romances the other day... y'know how Sam and Jack is just too much of a cliché because he was the wise-cracking lead and she was the leading lady, neither having anything more in common than the fact that they work together and they're in the military. It wouldn't work. Looking at it objectively, what would they talk about? Would Jack really be ready for a romance in the first place? Sam already knows that it wouldn't work -- she did let him go in Grace, despite what others think about it. Reckoning could be explained in an SD way, even if only friendship... I mean why would she still carry on with normal life when Daniel's goodness-knows-where... and I honestly don't think, even if she did dig Jack that way, she would have been so selfish as to confront the issue while Daniel was still missing.

I mean... look at how broken up she was in Meridian and Revelations... then, she didn't know where he was, whether he was alright, etc, etc... and in Reckoning, she didn't know either. The house/Jack/Kerry scene, I think, is probably deliberately open to interpretation.

Anyway, clichés. I act. think that not having an SD ship was deliberate. I've seen similar ships to SD in other shows... e.g.

House -- Cameron has a crush on House (the big, bad emotionally damaged lead with enough darkness in him to put out a floodlight) but eventually falls in love with her colleague, Chase and they get engaged. House is pretty Jack-like (funny, sarcastic and dark); Cameron is compassionate towards her patients, always believes in doing the right thing, and doesn't believe in lying to people about whether they're dying or not...; Chase is compassionate to a slightly lesser degree, almost worships House but argues with him when he thinks he's wrong and stands up to him

X Files -- Mulder and Scully... both very educated; Mulder has wacky ideas which turn out to be true & a razor sharp wit; Scully's a Physicist as well as a Doctor. Mulder loses his father and sister early in life (cf. Daniel's quest for Sha're, and the death of his parents); Scully's from a military family and feels pressurised to be in the military and worried about whether her father was proud of her (cf. Sam's relationship with Jacob... interesting how Scully's Dad was played by Don Davies - General Hammond. lol)

SD would have worked... and similar ships are in other shows. They just deliberately chose not to do it. Weird people.

We shouldn't care what others think -- stand up for your ship... Wait a second, I'll adapt a Uni rugby song... lol.

"Oh, I'd rather be an SD'er than clichéd! Oh, I'd rather be an SD'er than clichéd. I'd rather be an SD'er, rather be an SD'er... I'd rather be an SD'er than clichéd. Clichés!"

Ok, that was bad... I'm tempted to adapt another song but it would have a lot of asterisks in it

So... to sum up... (re: Continuum Spoilers) bad but hopefully not the end; deliberate avoision of SD by tptb for some inexplicable reason; SD'ers rock.

"Oggy, oggy, oggy!"
      "SamDaniel shippers!"

"Oggy!"
      "Sam!"

"Oggy!"
      "Daniel!"

"Oggy, oggy, oggy!"
      "SamDaniel shippers!"

: D

Ooh, Chris -- your t-shirt is going to look lovely! Good luck with the AT con! Got exams this month so won't be able to get over to London. Grr. Hope you have fun.

(you'll have to refresh the page if you click 'My FF'; there seems to be a bug on FF's part - my account does still exist!!)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
        It bugs the heck out of me that Cam seems to have taken Daniel's place as far as interacting with Sam goes lately (and by "lately" I think I can say from S9 to present). Even in the pics for Continuum, Cam seems like he's closer to Sam than Daniel is.

You know Kitty, I'd love to hear your SD theories right now, because I'm not in a great mood and I think they would cheer me up. I am sick and tired of everyone telling me that Sam and Daniel are like siblings so it's icky to even think of them in a relationship, how Sam is now in love with Cam and how Daniel is now in love with Vala. It's like nowhere is safe if you're even considering being a SD shipper.

Yep, because two people who get along so easily like to tease each other sometimes, seem to understand each other very well/operate on the same wavelength, comfort each other in times of stress and sorrow, even act jealous once in a while, they can only be siblings and could never be involved in a romantic relationship. It's just too way out there.

Am I the only one who *doesn't* follow this?!

I'm sorry - I want this place to be friendly for Sam/Daniel friendshippers too, but I've just about had it right now. We get no respect in the fandom. And not just from other fans, but from TPTB as well. I'm not even sure now if I'm going to see Continuum. I keep having this feeling of dread about it, even though there are things in it that I know I should like. But other things are making me feel very pessimistic about it. So I hope that one of you guys will post about it here after you see it and let us know if it was kind to Sam/Daniel *friend*ship in the very least (and maybe some of us with our shipper minds could extend that a bit ).

Rant over. Whew. I hope I didn't scare you guys away. I'm just very depressed right now. I need to learn to stay away from the computer when that happens (*sigh* stupid PMS).
        Personally I like the Sam/Cam friendship. I just wish that TPTB wouldn't have axed the Sam/Daniel friendship for it. Seems to me that for Sam/Cam to be friends and for Daniel/Vala to be friends, they had to axe the other friendships. Near the end of the series Teal'c didn't seem to have much of a part and the friendship that had helped SG1 through the years dwindled to near nothingness. It does bother me though that Cam has taken Daniel's place in Sam's life. Cam is now like Sam's best friend, instead of Daniel as it had been for eight years! at the very least.

Ya know Jess I'd totally tell you my SD theories if I remembered them, but I don't. ::Hangs head in shame::

You over think it Jess. Sam isn't in love with Cam and Daniel isn't in love with Vala. People are just saying stuff like that to get a rise out of you. Most of them don't know s***, and are just jumping on what is considered "the popular" ships, trains and theories. They want to be accepted, but they're just sheep. They see what others want them to see. I think if they had an original thought in their head it would explode. Now I think I'm over thinking it...

They don't understand true friendship. Sure maybe in some ways SD can be considered familial, but that doesn't mean that's all it is or that it's all it can be. I don't think siblings get jealous by another person entering one of the lives. That's not the way it is between my brother and I and we're quite close. But maybe my brother and I aren't the norm. At any rate, siblings and jealously don't exactly go hand-in-hand (except in Flowers In The Attic, by VC Andrews, but that's a whole other can of worms.)

And no Jess you're not alone. Not the only one who doesn't follow with that line of thinking. I don't either.

Respect only matters from people that matter to you. That's how I see it anyway. You know that I'll post my review/super summary just as I did for Ark of Truth. I'm sort of afraid, but hyped about watching Continuum. It's odd. In some ways I can't wait to see it, in others I'm completely dreading it. What if it's just like Ark of Truth but with Ba'al and Jack? I promise you my SD shipper mind and glasses will be in overdrive.

Didn't scare me away. Ranting is okay. Every now and agin you just need to vent. So may I be the first to say vent-away.

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
        the subtle difference could also be no glasses. MS had talked about Daniel going for laser surgery or contracts at cons. He's been trying to ditch the glasses the same way CJ wanted to grow hair.

I would have to say...no glasses for Daniel. That would be a shame...glasses is what makes MS...Daniel.
        Yeah the glasses do make Michael Daniel.

Personally, I don't think Daniel would do the lasik thing. Seems to me like an affront (is that the word I want) to his parents. The glasses are like a nod to his parents, and they shouldn't be taken away.

Originally posted by JessM View Post
        Huh... that could be an interesting one, too. I remember hearing Shanks say at a con a few years ago that Daniel wasn't a candidate for Lasik, but lately it sounds like he has been pushing the idea of no glasses.

I agree... we've seen Daniel without glasses sometimes over the years, but the glasses have become a part of him (and I personally like the older ones better than the newer, squarish ones).
        How about this for a subtle difference? Daniel goes back to the round glasses. I'm all for that difference. ::grin:: The round one's were really defining and kept his innocence, the square one's make him seem more military, more like a soldier and less like an Archaeologist.

I like the round ones better too. I still recall the closing scene of the ep where Daniel ascended for the year. The camera closed on Daniel's glasses sitting on the table, as if waiting for him to come back.

Loved how one item could say so much about one man/character in this case.

I could relate to that scene. When someone passes away you want an article they had to remember them by. Too bad they didn't have something to close Janet's death scene on. It was nice that Sam read off the names of the people she helped but still would have liked something symbolic.
        That is so true. The glasses defined Daniel, but at the same time didn't. It's hard to explain...

The part that always get me though is Sam in Daniel's office, with Daniel's glasses and worn leather-journal.

I agree on the Janet thing. Why did they go and kill her off? What about Jacob? He didn't have anything like that either. A sad episode where we lose our patron saint turned into another SJ ep. ::grumble, grumble::

Originally posted by SciFiFan View Post
        Sam and Daniel aren't siblings, they didn't even know each other till the first ep. And I think they clicked there. (and yes I know he was with Shar'e) but I do see Sam and Cam as siblings. To me S/C is icky. And Daniel in love with Vala, huh, I don't see it, they remind me of the way I used to fight with my brothers. So also icky.
        SD definitely clicked in Children of The Gods. It's often said "It's all about the Cartouche." It really is... And yeah Sam/Cam as siblings works for me. I see it as more familial than romantic between them.
        sigpic

Banner made by Jess!

Comment

spoilerised for size
          Spoiler:

"So... run this by me again, Sam... you were baking a cake and put ground up C-4 instead of flou... Wait, why did we have any C-4 in the kitchen?!"

D: "For the last time, Jack!... you're still the best man but you are not singing Greased Lightnin'!"
          J: "Not even a quote?"
          D: "No!"

Love your walls, Kitty Carter-Jackson! The one where they're in black is kinda funny 'cos she looks disappointed, but here, she's trying not to give anything away while T knows exactly what's going on... lol. ;p
          Spoiler:

J: "Does Carter know about the... rodent?"
          D: *glare then drops head* "No."
          J: "Gonna tell her?"
          D: "No."
          J: *pause* Why d'you grow it?
          D: *shrug* No point shaving it off anymore if I'm not going to see her for a while
          J: Wow.

J: J: Well, for one, her dress could be laced with explosives and when you go 'I do' and then have the time of your life, some snakehead would do away with the both of you. And I don't want that to happen... I don't want to break in two more scientists -- you guys are way cooler. And another thing... if Carter had any sisters, they'd be fighting over me and T, as the best men... it's tradition.
          D: *tired* Jaaaaack...

D: *surprised* Oh. *glances at Sam* You're giving us a house for the wedding? Wow... um, thanks, Jacob...
          Jacob: *a la Fonz* Hey... call me Dad.

J: Fraternising on base again... didn't go home last night, did you?
          D: *panic* How did you know?
          J: *glance at Balinsky, fakes anger* Because... because... I want you in my office this minute, Daniel! Fraternisation is a big no-no and... *whisper* I want all the details... I hope Carter's gone home 'cos she'll be too tired to work judging by the state of you... you dog

D: Long list
          J: Yep
          D: All men
          J: Oh yeah... can't have a bachelor party with women... unless they're strippers
          D: Jaaaack! I'm going to pretend I didn't see this. I'm not going
          J: Oh well, your loss but won't it look a little odd that the groom's not going?
          D: I don't care
          J: Well... I'll bet you've got much better things to do that night... at home... with Carter
          D: Shut up, Jack. Are you going to cancel it?
          J: Hell, no. Just 'cos you don't wanna come doesn't mean the fun stops. We'll just do a spot of tin kettling outside your place on the way back...

J: You playin' hide and seek?
          D: No... just thinking
          J: Ah... you ok?
          D: Yeah. Scared.
          J: Scared?
          D: Yep. I thought Sam was going to be all objective and cool about it, but she's turned into Frankenbride and Bridezilla rolled into one
          J: Oh... you've got a lot to learn about women, space monkey. Small has so many uses and meanings... 'Small wedding' means no less than fifty guests; 'small cake' means something bigger than your car... Unfortunately that doesn't really work if she calls you small
          D: Jack?
          J: *expecting an insult* Yeah?
          D: *smug smile* She doesn't
          J: *grimace* Too much information

Oh dear.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrGemini2405 View Post
            Anyways... lol, loved the list of Michael Shanks' demands! I have to agree -- the glasses make Daniel. They add a certain, I don't know, *g* je ne sais quoi to his appearance, a sort of innocence and a symbol that he is only human... something which used to be quite obvious in the past. In previous seasons, Daniel is the most human out of all of the characters in that he is aware of his frail humanity... to accomplish what he has, he would have to be.

It is interesting how one item can change perceptions and everything. Without the glasses, and with that weird character change, he becomes no different to the others he works with... and that's not the against-the-man guy we knew and fell in love with. He might fight like one and admittedly now think like one at times, but he is not a soldier.

As for S/D being siblings... oh, that is as old as the hills... ok, maybe not that old but pretty old at least. Just ignore them -- we all know S/D makes much more sense. S/C is definitely a sibling thing going on there -- lol. I mean, come on, when has Sam joked about Daniel being naked? She's joked about Cam losing his trousers before now...

Anyway, my point there, if it got lost, was that S/C very obviously have a sibling thing going down.

Daniel/Vala... act. I think it was Jess that said how similar their dynamic was/is to how Sam and McKay had to work together in season 6... both Daniel and Sam in those respective cases were fed up of and sarcastic to Vala and McKay... but had to work with them.
            I was thinking jois de vie (I think I spelled that wrong...) but je ne sais quoi works. Don't know much French... I'm sure that's obvious.

No Daniel isn't a soldier, but he doesn't seem like an Archeologist anymore. As for the weird character change. Some say Angry!Jackson I say Daniel with essence of J. O'Neill and Vala's claws.

Probably is as old as the hills... No Sam's hasn't joked about Daniel losing his trousers, but she does seem to enjoy looking at his ass-ets. Yeah equals brother/sister.

Yeah I see that. equals Same dynamic.

The thing with Cam... I guess the SC'ers see what they want to see with that. If she'd taken to hanging out with Lee, there'd be another shipping faction. I see it as he already knowing her and just being friends... I really do like how he's like a hub, kind of, in that he holds it all together, or at least tries to. Comparing to the first time SG-1 got a new CO (Makepeace), Makepeace hated Teal'c... but Cam went out of his way to be buddies with the guy, which I thought was great.
            Everyone sees what they want to see, even if they're not shippers. It's all in the eye of the beholder, everyone has different perceptions.

I think TPTB want Sam to be in love with whoever is the leader of SG1. First then Except of course Makepeace, but Makepeace is a jackass so I never consider him a leader of SG1. Makepeace couldn't get over Teal'c being a Jaffa. When he talks to George he calls him "The Jaffa."

Sam and Lee? That kind of scares me.

Cam is a friendly guy. He's even friendly to Vala, though he doesn't have to be.

It's like... well, I've always seen Cam as a cool version of Felger at first. He's SG-1's biggest fan but he doesn't get all weird about it. He takes the time to get to know the team, and I think Sam especially needed his friendship because of the weird dynamic going on with Daniel ignoring/glaring at her throughout those last two seasons.

That's not to say that I would support a full-blown ship between the two -- I wouldn't because it is a very much sibling relationship. Sam and Daniel used to tease each other but it was gentle... Sam and Cam's teasing is a little more intense, more like siblings... and how he stood in front of McKay in Pegasus Project was brilliant... and brother-like. Daniel wouldn't have done it because he knows Sam can defend herself. Cam would know this too but, like a brother, that didn't stop him.
            I don't see him as Felger, but I get where you're coming from. Sam did need the friendship, because she lost her best friend. She had experienced a lot of loss. Janet, Jacob, then Jack and to lose Daniel as well. It was too much and Cam was there for her.

I don't support or oppose the Sam/Cam 'ship. It is what it is.

But I'm very much as SD girl and intend to stay that way. Canon be damned! Yeah I see older brother, though I think Sam might be older than Cam.

Hmm, I was thinking about cliché romances the other day... y'know how Sam and Jack is just too much of a cliché because he was the wise-cracking lead and she was the leading lady, neither having anything more in common than the fact that they work together and they're in the military. It wouldn't work. Looking at it objectively, what would they talk about? Would Jack really be ready for a romance in the first place? Sam already knows that it wouldn't work -- she did let him go in Grace, despite what others think about it. Reckoning could be explained in an SD way, even if only friendship... I mean why would she still carry on with normal life when Daniel's goodness-knows-where... and I honestly don't think, even if she did dig Jack that way, she would have been so selfish as to confront the issue while Daniel was still missing.

I mean... look at how broken up she was in Meridian and Revelations... then, she didn't know where he was, whether he was alright, etc, etc... and in Reckoning, she didn't know either. The house/Jack/Kerry scene, I think, is probably deliberately open to interpretation.

SD would have worked... and similar ships are in other shows. They just deliberately chose not to do it. Weird people.
            Exactly. I've been having that same argument over and over. I don't think Jack is ready for romance, I don't think it would work. He is a military man and his job matters. I mean it broke-up his marriage. His dedication to his job, not just the death of Charlie.

No that's not who Sam is. All cow-eyed over Jack, with Daniel missing. I think that is an insult to her character.

Even all the way back to Fire and Water. She is always broken up and worried about Daniel. Even when Daniel is being a jerk in S9 and S10, she still cares. Remember how broken up she was when he was taken by Adria, when she saw him as a Prior?

They had gold with SD and they shat on it.

Okay and as another note, not a reply. I was talking to my brother about SD (he supports it by the way). He seems to think it's the most logical 'ship. He thinks that Daniel can't really and won't really be with anyone, but if he was it's Sam. He sees nothing romantical between Daniel and Vala. My honey doesn't see anything between Daniel and Vala either, and he's a canon-whore (I'm almost ashamed to admit.) He also hates Vala. Just hates her. He thinks SG1 should've ended with Moebius. He doesn't care for S9 and 10. He doesn't really seem to consider them Stargate: SG1. He also doesn't care for Atlantis at all, but that's neither here nor there.
            sigpic

Banner made by Jess!

Comment

Hmm, I was thinking about cliché romances the other day... y'know how Sam and Jack is just too much of a cliché because he was the wise-cracking lead and she was the leading lady, neither having anything more in common than the fact that they work together and they're in the military. It wouldn't work. Looking at it objectively, what would they talk about?
              Yes, thank you! I have never gotten a S/J shipper to present me with a reasonable solution to this problem: they have nothing in common, nothing to talk about. Love could go a long way, but not if there isn't some foundation underneath. I can see why people ship Sam with Cam instead...there seems to be a friendship there that could lead to a great relationship if there was the spark of romance. I personally don't see it, though. As for Daniel, I see why they ship him with Vala, because the sparkage between them is huge. Like Sam/Cam, it could be interpreted as friendship alone, but I do see the friendship and the romance in this case. But I also see that with Sam and Daniel, and I think their relationship would be way easier and more beneficial to the both of them.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
              ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Gemini, Glad you like the walls. I like it when people like my stuff. ::grin:: Of course Teal'c knows what's going on-- Muscles is perceptive.

Maybe Sam is disappointed because she remembers the AU timeline from Unending (ala your story Echo.) Or maybe she's disappointed because the S/D/T friendship is almost non-existent now.
                sigpic

Banner made by Jess!

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty Carter-Jackson View Post
                  I was thinking jois de vie (I think I spelled that wrong...) but je ne sais quoi works. Don't know much French... I'm sure that's obvious.
                  lol, it's ok : D I think you meant 'joie de vivre' ('joy of life'), which... act. that's been a huge part of his character in varying quantities throughout... well, until seasons 9-10.

No Daniel isn't a soldier, but he doesn't seem like an Archeologist anymore. As for the weird character change. Some say Angry!Jackson I say Daniel with essence of J. O'Neill and Vala's claws.
                  That is so disappointing... I miss the boonie days. lol. He did brush on it a bit in season 9 with the Merlin is an Ancient thing, but that was kind of it. Shame. The point, or a point, of the guy was that he's a civilian in a military world, a human foil... the original line-up of SG-1 was a soldier, a scientist-soldier, an archaeologist, and an alien. I think, at some point, it was about four very different people being brought together by a common goal. They kinda lose than with the character change... I mean, what, apart from the obvious picture-porn, is the point of Daniel if he's going to be just like the soldiers? Where are the principles that he so strongly fought to hold onto?

He just looks tired most of the time... and I sometimes think it's because he's channelling Jack 'cos he misses him. A lot of the time, I think it's frustration and him remembering how the Goa'uld were and how he doesn't want the Ori to get as big as the Goa'uld had for thousands of years before SG-1.

Probably is as old as the hills... No Sam's hasn't joked about Daniel losing his trousers, but she does seem to enjoy looking at his ass-ets. Yeah equals brother/sister.
                  *snort* Who doesn't?

Yeah I see that. equals Same dynamic.

Everyone sees what they want to see, even if they're not shippers. It's all in the eye of the beholder, everyone has different perceptions.

I think TPTB want Sam to be in love with whoever is the leader of SG1. First then Except of course Makepeace, but Makepeace is a jackass so I never consider him a leader of SG1. Makepeace couldn't get over Teal'c being a Jaffa. When he talks to George he calls him "The Jaffa."
                  That really is an insult to her character... I mean, she's obviously not stupid. If she was, she'd be long dead, but... Ha! Maybe there would have been something if she'd stayed on for the start of season 9 'cos Daniel was kind of leading the team then...

Ok, that was evil.

Anyway... well, the whole thing was just a big plot anyways to get the mole out into the open. Ah, now I remember... he kept referring to him as the Jaffa and told Hammond that T and Daniel weren't taking to him too well (Sam just followed orders), and Hammy told him that it would be wise if he didn't refer to him as the Jaffa.

Sam and Lee? That kind of scares me.
                  It's a big universe... somewhere where they're getting free Earth TV, there's probably a group of them. lol

Cam is a friendly guy. He's even friendly to Vala, though he doesn't have to be.
                  Ah, but not at first... he grudgingly encourages her in Memento Mori. Still, I think he'd be nice to anyone on his team who wasn't trying to kill him on purpose. In principle, it cuts the tension and encourages rapport. I say in principle...

I don't see him as Felger, but I get where you're coming from. Sam did need the friendship, because she lost her best friend. She had experienced a lot of loss. Janet, Jacob, then Jack and to lose Daniel as well. It was too much and Cam was there for her.
                  lol

Yeah... she looked progressively more and more sad across season 10... sad and weary. She'd lost all those people in such a short length of time and wasn't getting any support.

I don't support or oppose the Sam/Cam 'ship. It is what it is.

But I'm very much as SD girl and intend to stay that way. Canon be damned! Yeah I see older brother, though I think Sam might be older than Cam.
                  lol.

Yeah... there's at least a five year age gap... current estimates (ignoring Entity) have her in May 1965, and him in June 1970. (current estimates... lol, that sounds tremendously geeky! : D)

Exactly. I've been having that same argument over and over. I don't think Jack is ready for romance, I don't think it would work. He is a military man and his job matters. I mean it broke-up his marriage. His dedication to his job, not just the death of Charlie.
                  Hmm... well, it wasn't that per se... it was the fact that he wouldn't open up to Sara. He just kept everything inside and almost killed himself (he put the gun down when he heard the Air Force guys come up)... and then I think going to Abydos took the biscuit. I'll bet Sara would have waited for him if she'd thought he was worth it, but she must have been hurting too and he just closed off from her.

No that's not who Sam is. All cow-eyed over Jack, with Daniel missing. I think that is an insult to her character.
                  Oh yeah. That interpretation just seemed very selfish of her. She does have her selfish moments, I'll admit, but that would have been a step too far.

Even all the way back to Fire and Water. She is always broken up and worried about Daniel. Even when Daniel is being a jerk in S9 and S10, she still cares. Remember how broken up she was when he was taken by Adria, when she saw him as a Prior?
                  Yep. I thought of Meridian then. She didn't want to leave him on the planet, and then it was like her suppressed-for-the-sake-of-the-team-and-war grief that she exhibited in Reckoning and in Threads too when she tried to ask Jack about Daniel in his office

They had gold with SD and they shat on it.
                  Missed opportunity. Not even experimentation or broaching it... apart from Fallen *g*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                    Yes, thank you! I have never gotten a S/J shipper to present me with a reasonable solution to this problem: they have nothing in common, nothing to talk about. Love could go a long way, but not if there isn't some foundation underneath. I can see why people ship Sam with Cam instead...there seems to be a friendship there that could lead to a great relationship if there was the spark of romance. I personally don't see it, though. As for Daniel, I see why they ship him with Vala, because the sparkage between them is huge. Like Sam/Cam, it could be interpreted as friendship alone, but I do see the friendship and the romance in this case. But I also see that with Sam and Daniel, and I think their relationship would be way easier and more beneficial to the both of them.
                    lol

What would any of them talk about? Cam is just a more obviously brighter Jack, but I get the feeling with him that he sees her as a sister/friend. There's no tension... it's an easy, laid-back relationship... which ok, I suppose could go into romance, but it doesn't have to, which is the beauty of it.

Sparkage? You're going to have to run that one past me a second time... there is no sparkage. It's very much a Jesus-Mary Magdalene relationship, where he believed that they could take a chance on her 'cos he saw her inner goodness... and she is the redeemed wrongdoer. They really are incompatible as lovers. As friends... I can see them having a deep friendship. I just don't think the lovers thing would work... not even to go as far as friends with benefits.

A friend of mine once said that Daniel and Vala are two very different people. Daniel isn't an emotionally or physically tactile person nor is he the spontaneous type... he's act. quite shy but friendly. Vala, on the other hand, is tremendously outgoing and everything that he isn't. There's no common ground with them. It's even more unsuitable than SamJack, in that they have even less in common other than working together.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty Carter-Jackson View Post
                      Gemini, Glad you like the walls. I like it when people like my stuff. ::grin:: Of course Teal'c knows what's going on-- Muscles is perceptive.

Maybe Sam is disappointed because she remembers the AU timeline from Unending (ala your story Echo.) Or maybe she's disappointed because the S/D/T friendship is almost non-existent now.
                      lol... he can also see where Daniel's hand is.

Yeah. That would traumatise anyone. Or perhaps it's because Daniel's arms are folded. lol

*g* *makes mental connection right before posting...* Ah... Thanks for your review! Loved it. : D

It really is sad that the characters were sold short for an explosive plotline, which admittedly, on further reflection, could have been so much more.

sigpic

Comment

What would any of them talk about? Cam is just a more obviously brighter Jack, but I get the feeling with him that he sees her as a sister/friend. There's no tension... it's an easy, laid-back relationship... which ok, I suppose could go into romance, but it doesn't have to, which is the beauty of it.

Sparkage? You're going to have to run that one past me a second time... there is no sparkage. It's very much a Jesus-Mary Magdalene relationship, where he believed that they could take a chance on her 'cos he saw her inner goodness... and she is the redeemed wrongdoer. They really are incompatible as lovers. As friends... I can see them having a deep friendship. I just don't think the lovers thing would work... not even to go as far as friends with benefits.

A friend of mine once said that Daniel and Vala are two very different people. Daniel isn't an emotionally or physically tactile person nor is he the spontaneous type... he's act. quite shy but friendly. Vala, on the other hand, is tremendously outgoing and everything that he isn't. There's no common ground with them. It's even more unsuitable than SamJack, in that they have even less in common other than working together.
                        Just before I go into this...I do support Sam/Daniel, I love them, but they are not OTP to me.

I can totally see Sam and Cam having interests outside of work that they could talk about or share...Jack didn't seem open to others' interests, while Cam seems open to trying just about anything.

As for Daniel/Vala...sparkage means that there is emotional connection between them, like two electrical charges that get close together and spark. It doesn't have to be romantic, though often extreme sparkage leads to the shipping of fans, even if not the characters. And I disagree, Daniel is very tactile and emotional, he just has inhibitions, like Vala when they first met her. I think they're a good match in that regard, it's just their interests that are more likely to clash. Sam is a much better match for Daniel when it comes to that.

Comment

Just before I go into this...I do support Sam/Daniel, I love them, but they are not OTP to me.
                          That's cool. I'm sorry if I came across as almost accusatorial... I just read what I wrote. Sorry! I respect your choice of shippage.

I can totally see Sam and Cam having interests outside of work that they could talk about or share...Jack didn't seem open to others' interests, while Cam seems open to trying just about anything.
                          Hmm, yeah, I see where you're coming from... he's pretty darn open to different things and experiences, and change.

As for Daniel/Vala...sparkage means that there is emotional connection between them, like two electrical charges that get close together and spark. It doesn't have to be romantic, though often extreme sparkage leads to the shipping of fans, even if not the characters. And I disagree, Daniel is very tactile and emotional, he just has inhibitions, like Vala when they first met her. I think they're a good match in that regard, it's just their interests that are more likely to clash. Sam is a much better match for Daniel when it comes to that.
                          Right. I always get a confused when people say things like 'sparkage' and 'chemistry'. I still think that it suggests a sexual attraction at the very least... it has an explosive quality to it.

Hmm. He is when he's known someone for a long while... like with Sam in Sacrifices. Emotionally... what I meant by that was that he doesn't always tell people how he feels... he has a tendency to hide it... which is an inhibition.

Well... I'll have to disagree with you there but hey, it's all part and parcel of shippage. lol.

sigpic

Comment

Right. I always get a confused when people say things like 'sparkage' and 'chemistry'. I still think that it suggests a sexual attraction at the very least... it has an explosive quality to it.

Hmm. He is when he's known someone for a long while... like with Sam in Sacrifices. Emotionally... what I meant by that was that he doesn't always tell people how he feels... he has a tendency to hide it... which is an inhibition.
                            Yup, Daniel's actually a weird mix when it comes to emotional inhibitions. Sometimes, he's incredibly open and honest, and other times he nearly has to be forced into it. Sam as well...I think they're better at opening up others to talk about emotions than they are opening up about their own, so together they would work very well. (As a side note...I do think Daniel has some sexual attraction for Vala, just because he's a human and a male...I'm female, and I've felt sexual attraction towards many many people that I don't even like and/or would never think about getting involved with.)

Comment

Yup, Daniel's actually a weird mix when it comes to emotional inhibitions. Sometimes, he's incredibly open and honest, and other times he nearly has to be forced into it. Sam as well...I think they're better at opening up others to talk about emotions than they are opening up about their own, so together they would work very well. (As a side note...I do think Daniel has some sexual attraction for Vala, just because he's a human and a male...I'm female, and I've felt sexual attraction towards many many people that I don't even like and/or would never think about getting involved with.)
                              lol, yeah... I think it depends on the situation or their personal feelings... or the fact that they've both been hurt in the past.

Well, *shrug* maybe.

sigpic

Comment

Cool to see this place hopping a bit more!

I like the round ones better too. I still recall the closing scene of the ep where Daniel ascended for the year. The camera closed on Daniel's glasses sitting on the table, as if waiting for him to come back.

Loved how one item could say so much about one man/character in this case.

I could relate to that scene. When someone passes away you want an article they had to remember them by. Too bad they didn't have something to close Janet's death scene on. It was nice that Sam read off the names of the people she helped but still would have liked something symbolic.

Just couldn't resist adding a line........

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...niel/cl020.jpg

Daniel: What's all this?
                                Sam: Um... a list of demands someone's come up with for each of us
                                Daniel: *scans page* Hmm... Cut hair, get better fitting clothes...... lose glasses?? Who wrote this????
                                Sam: Some actor named Micheal Shanks. Hmm, wonder why he wants that?
                                Ah, very good point. I liked that scene too. And the beginning of that one ep (was it the same one? I can't remember now) where Sam was in his lab, looking at his journal and holding his glasses, like she's trying to keep a part of him close to her somehow. It's something I could really relate to myself.

Originally posted by SciFiFan View Post
                                Sam and Daniel aren't siblings, they didn't even know each other till the first ep. And I think they clicked there. (and yes I know he was with Shar'e) but I do see Sam and Cam as siblings. To me S/C is icky. And Daniel in love with Vala, huh, I don't see it, they remind me of the way I used to fight with my brothers. So also icky.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...n/fc58c982.jpg
                                Hey SciFiFan Yeah, I have to say I see Daniel and Vala as more brother and sister. And I know Cam and Sam have a friendship but I don't see anything more than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X