Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
    In the last 2 seasons I sorely missed the great friendship Sam and Daniel had in earlier seasons. I don't think they even talked at all in 'Ark of Truth'
    Cam took Daniel's place in Sam's life in the last 2 seasons and it's totally illogical, after all in 'Atlantis' Sam has no picture of Cam but several pictures of Jacob, Cassie, Teal'c, Daniel and of course Jack!
    Keep shipping!
    Heh. Don't have to tell me twice. I can't say that I forsee a day when I'll stop shipping Sam and Daniel

I agree that the last two years of the show were seriously lacking in Sam/Daniel moments. Of course, I have my own little theories about that, but...I'm not going to bring them up just yet

Ooh...mysterious

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter View Post
    *Sigh* I miss the good ol' days of Sam and Daniel; "The Ark of Truth" was seriously lacking in that department, but what can ya do?

OT...only 75 days until my wedding!!
    Yay! Wedding! Very exciting! Congratulations, Col.Sam!

Originally posted by JessM View Post
    Heh, I guess I need to study those episodes more, the ones chock full of glowering!Teal'c. <snip>
    Like in "200" when Teal'c's pitching his Teal'c PI idea to Martin. LOL! It's all about the lean-and-glower. I just love it. Teal'c's so totally awesome.

Though a note from my doctor had them going easy on me. I'm okay now except the insurance company is cutting my PT off. My lawyer is on it though, so we'll see what happens.
    That sucks. Hopefully your lawyer will make good progress.

*snark* See what I have to lower myself to when this thread becomes a ghost town? I've gotta keep the cause active somehow, even if it's only in bumping this thread up

*does her best Jack impression*... You mean things are escalating, of course.

Anyway hope things will settle down a bit, and always glad to hear you worked on some writing!
    LOL Nice snark. I've done a little writing, and I've done a little messing with a new banner. Nothing too serious, though I think silly sally has unknowingly given me the nudge I needed to get back into one of my nearly-complete oneshots.

Thanks, I got it this time. Started looking everything over and things look good. I'll be able to pay a bit more attention to it later in the week, then I'll shoot it right back to ya.
    You got it and you're still talking to me. So I guess that's a good thing

And now I think I'm going to go through Thraesja's comments on that oneshot. They nearly killed me when I first read them, but maybe they'll seem a little less corrosive now that a few days have passed. Yeek!

But before I go...

FIC!!

Thrae's posted a new story. It's officially GEN, but I like to read it with an undertone of secret-SD-shippiness. Teehee!

Movie Night Bonding, by Thraesja

Genre: General, humour, touch of angst, fluff
    Timeline: Early Season Seven
    Rating: K+, Mild language
    Spoilers: Forever in a Day, Meridian, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Summary: When the team movie night goes bust, Jack comes up with another bonding activity. The team is somewhat less than enthusiastic.
    ~Amaranth Traces

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranth Traces View Post
      Like in "200" when Teal'c's pitching his Teal'c PI idea to Martin. LOL! It's all about the lean-and-glower. I just love it. Teal'c's so totally awesome.
      Oh! *snaps finger* I remember that now... how pathetic is it that I've only watched 200 twice? I really disliked S10 so much that I've barely rewatched any of the eps (save for, oh, the very beginning of Pegasus Project and a certain scene in Morpheus... I'm sure I don't have to elaborate ). But thanks for jogging my memory... that was a great moment. Teal'c is a cool cat

That sucks. Hopefully your lawyer will make good progress.
      Thanks. Here's hoping. And I don't think I could afford to pay for the PT via my own insurance. But hopefully we can get this resolved. Had to cancel this week, and next week they're closed. Just as well though 'cause I need a little break... was aching again this morning. It's funny, I feel okay the same day but the next morning is when it hits me. Sneaky buggers they are.

LOL Nice snark. I've done a little writing, and I've done a little messing with a new banner. Nothing too serious, though I think silly sally has unknowingly given me the nudge I needed to get back into one of my nearly-complete oneshots.
      *curtsies* Thank ya - I aim to please Oh, very cool. New banner, you say? And kudos to silly sally for the little nudge.

You got it and you're still talking to me. So I guess that's a good thing

And now I think I'm going to go through Thraesja's comments on that oneshot. They nearly killed me when I first read them, but maybe they'll seem a little less corrosive now that a few days have passed. Yeek!

But before I go...

FIC!!

Thrae's posted a new story. It's officially GEN, but I like to read it with an undertone of secret-SD-shippiness. Teehee!

Movie Night Bonding, by Thraesja

Genre: General, humour, touch of angst, fluff
      Timeline: Early Season Seven
      Rating: K+, Mild language
      Spoilers: Forever in a Day, Meridian, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Summary: When the team movie night goes bust, Jack comes up with another bonding activity. The team is somewhat less than enthusiastic.
      I'd say so. Naw, seriously, you were very helpful with it. I just gotta go through it again and give it a bit more focus before I whing it back to ya.

Yay, fic! I got a notification email about this one. Meant to read it during lunch break today, but didn't have enough time... Oh well, will play catch up tomorrow.

random piccie that I probably did post oh-so-not-long-ago...

Comment

I love that picture from Need. Dont care for the ep, but I love that shot.
        sigpic

Banner made by Jess!

Comment

Yeah, that episode isn't one of my favorites either. I hated seeing what the sarc did to Daniel and how Shyla manipulated him like that. I liked Sam's reaction though when Daniel told her "you've never really known what love is, have you." You could tell how hurt she was; it was just in her voice and in her face. After he throws down her tools and walks away she almost looked like she was trying to keep from crying. At least to me, anyway.

Comment

I listened today to Cranberries' songs Dreams and Linger and somehow, I just remembered Daniel and Sam... I'm weird...

Comment

Sam: "Does Colonel O'Neill have your backpack, Daniel?"

Daniel: "What? Jack! Give it back!"

Sam: "It was just a pack, Daniel. I'm sure Colonel O'Neill didn't intentionally throw it off the cliff."

Daniel: "Sam, the condoms you told me to sneak off world were in my pack."

Sam: "Sh_t!"
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/jessmac/Stargate/hammer004.jpg/IMG]

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...argate/019.jpg

Sam: "It was just a pack, Daniel. I'm sure Colonel O'Neill didn't intentionally throw it off the cliff."

*gigglesnort*

*loves it*

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                  http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/jessmac/Stargate/hammer004.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...argate/019.jpg

*snerk* Oops, they're in trouble now

Originally posted by MatroxMeteor View Post
                  I listened today to Cranberries' songs Dreams and Linger and somehow, I just remembered Daniel and Sam... I'm weird...
                  Nah, not weird. I was looking at the lyrics again and it does kinda make me think of them.

Dreams lyrics

Spoiler:
                  Oh, my life is changing everyday,

In every possible way.
                  And oh, my dreams, it's never quite as it seems,
                  Never quite as it seems.

I know I've felt like this before, but now I'm feeling it even more,
                  Because it came from you.
                  And then I open up and see the person falling here is me,
                  A different way to be.

Ah, la da ah...
                  La...

I want more impossible to ignore,
                  Impossible to ignore.
                  And they'll come true, impossible not to do,
                  Impossible not to do.

And now I tell you openly, you have my heart so don't hurt me.
                  You're what I couldn't find.
                  A totally amazing mind, so understanding and so kind;
                  You're everything to me.

Oh, my life,
                  Is changing every day,
                  In every possible way.

And oh, my dreams,
                  It's never quite as it seems,
                  'Cause you're a dream to me,
                  Dream to me.

Ah, da, da da da, da, la...

Kinda sounds like it's from Sam's POV about Daniel.

And Linger:
                  Spoiler:
                  If you, if you could return
                  Don’t let it burn, don’t let it fade
                  I’m sure I’m not being rude
                  But it’s just your attitude
                  It’s tearing me apart
                  It’s ruining everything
                  And I swore, I swore I would be true
                  And honey so did you
                  So why were you holding her hand
                  Is that the way we stand
                  Were you lying all the time
                  Was it just a game to you

But I’m in so deep
                  You know I’m such a fool for you
                  You got me wrapped around your finger
                  Do you have to let it linger
                  Do you have to, do you have to

Oh, I thought the world of you
                  I thought nothing could go wrong
                  But I was wrong
                  I was wrong
                  If you, if you could get by
                  Trying not to lie
                  Things wouldn’t be so confused
                  And I wouldn’t feel so used
                  But you always really knew
                  I just wanna be with you

And I’m in so deep
                  Do you have to. do you have to

And I’m in so deep

For some reason it makes me feel sad and think of them as they were in S10. Again from Sam's POV... the "so why were you holding her hand" makes it sound like she's talking about Vala. Kind of sounds like No Doubt's "Don't Speak" and how that could be another song from Sam's POV about her relationship w/Daniel in S10.

Gah, I'm getting too deep here, aren't I. Sorry about that...

To make up for it, here's a new wall I made:

Comment

Thanks for the new wall Jess. I was trying to decide on a new one for my desktop. ::grin::

I was watching The Tok'ra yesterday and when Daniel saw Sam and Martouf together, he looked sooooo jealous. Maybe it was my SD rose-coloured glasses hard at work. But his line "Learning a lot about Jolinar?" was full of snark-- snark that you can't fake. It sounded more like "Get your hands away from my woman!" than "Learning a lot about Jolinar?" Am I the only one that noticed that-- seriously I doubt it.

And one more little thing... "All hail Saint Carmen!" Carmen Argenziano the patron saint of all SD shippers. ::grin::
                    Last edited by Kitty Carter-Jackson; 28 March 2008, 05:36 AM.
                    sigpic

Banner made by Jess!

Comment

Aw you're welcome, and I'm glad you like it I was mostly experimenting with some new PS brushes.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it that way. I know some people see it as a little brother protecting his big sister, but no, not me at all! First, the look on his face when he first sees them... he looks uncomfortable big time. And you're right about the "learning a lot about Jolinar?"... it was dripping with snark IMHO. And did you notice how when they got up to go back, when Martouf passes by Daniel, Daniel looks at him with this sort of smirk? It was so obvious.

I made a wallpaper featuring that scene in my "Sam's Scrapbook" series... I should dig it up and post it here.

Hear, hear!! *huggles for Carmen Argenziano*

Comment

Oh! *snaps finger* I remember that now... how pathetic is it that I've only watched 200 twice? I really disliked S10 so much that I've barely rewatched any of the eps (save for, oh, the very beginning of Pegasus Project and a certain scene in Morpheus... I'm sure I don't have to elaborate ). But thanks for jogging my memory... that was a great moment. Teal'c is a cool cat
                        LOL 200 wasn't bad. It had plenty of moments that had me LOLing. In fact, I've renamed it from "200" to "The Only Reason I'll Buy Season Ten on DVD".

Thanks. Here's hoping. And I don't think I could afford to pay for the PT via my own insurance. But hopefully we can get this resolved. Had to cancel this week, and next week they're closed. Just as well though 'cause I need a little break... was aching again this morning. It's funny, I feel okay the same day but the next morning is when it hits me. Sneaky buggers they are.
                        Well, at risk of sounding unsympathetic...I'm really *really* happy I live in Canada where we have free health care...

*curtsies* Thank ya - I aim to please Oh, very cool. New banner, you say? And kudos to silly sally for the little nudge.
                        Yeah, I've been creating a few new banners, messing with some new brushes and textures. It's a lot of fun really. Layers are officially the coolest thing in the world.

So far, only one of the new banners I've made is Sam/Daniel. I have two Jack banners, one Daniel banner, and one Teal'c banner finished too. There are a few others I'm trying to get to look the way I see them in my head...

I take it from your eagerness, you'd like me to share when I have them ready? Is it legal to post non-ship banners on the Sam/Daniel 'ship thread?!

Nice wallpaper, by the way. I like that linenish texture and the light blue colour. And nice choice of the lyrics to "These Photographs" to go with your wallpaper's theme. And the tape is cool too. Heh. I like it all!

As for that story, it's almost ready. But I have several episodes I have to go through to check on a particular "fact" I've claimed in the story before I post it. The things I do for my fic...*phew*

I'd say so. Naw, seriously, you were very helpful with it. I just gotta go through it again and give it a bit more focus before I whing it back to ya.
                        Good, I'm glad. You're not scarred for life. My moods have been a little wonkier than usual lately (a fact I'm sure Thrae will attest to), and I was worried I hadn't explained my suggestions enough to make them relatively painless.

Originally posted by Kitty Carter-Jackson View Post
                        I love that picture from Need. Dont care for the ep, but I love that shot.
                        I only saw Need for the first time around the beginning of September last year. I thought it was a very interesting episode in that it explored what could be construed as the darker side of Daniel's character (not to mention the acting ability of Shanks).

The episode also inspired me to write Ache, a very angsty UST piece about Sam's thoughts during that scene Jess mentioned. And anything my muse determines to be inspiring is okay by me.

Originally posted by MatroxMeteor View Post
                        LOL If you're weird, then you're in good company. Now, Linger's going to be in my head for the rest of the day! But since the song that was in my head all day up to now was the "Fruity Oaty Bar" jingle from Serenity, I'd say it's a welcome change!

*joins the group huggle of Carmen Argenziano* We miss you Jacob/Selmak!
                        Last edited by Amaranth Traces; 28 March 2008, 03:30 PM.
                        ~Amaranth Traces

Comment

Aw you're welcome, and I'm glad you like it I was mostly experimenting with some new PS brushes.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it that way. I know some people see it as a little brother protecting his big sister, but no, not me at all! First, the look on his face when he first sees them... he looks uncomfortable big time. And you're right about the "learning a lot about Jolinar?"... it was dripping with snark IMHO. And did you notice how when they got up to go back, when Martouf passes by Daniel, Daniel looks at him with this sort of smirk? It was so obvious.

I made a wallpaper featuring that scene in my "Sam's Scrapbook" series... I should dig it up and post it here.

Hear, hear!! *huggles for Carmen Argenziano*
                          Isn't photoshop fun? ::grin::

I think they see it as familial because they don't care for the romantic aspect to the SD ship. Daniel doesn't look happy when it comes to Martouf. He's moving in on his woman. ::grin:: Definitely obvious.

I remember that wall. I saved it and have used it before.

Yeah I felt that Carmen needed some love.

Originally posted by Amaranth Traces View Post
                          LOL 200 wasn't bad. It had plenty of moments that had me LOLing. In fact, I've renamed it from "200" to "The Only Reason I'll Buy Season Ten on DVD".

I take it from your eagerness, you'd like me to share when I have them ready? Is it legal to post non-ship banners on the Sam/Daniel 'ship thread?!

I only saw Need for the first time around the beginning of September last year. I thought it was a very interesting episode in that it explored what could be construed as the darker side of Daniel's character (not to mention the acting ability of Shanks).

The episode also inspired me to write Ache, a very angsty UST piece about Sam's thoughts during that scene Jess mentioned. And anything my muse determines to be inspiring is okay by me.

LOL If you're weird, then you're in good company. Now, Linger's going to be in my head for the rest of the day! But since the song that was in my head all day up to now was the "Fruity Oaty Bar" jingle from Serenity, I'd say it's a welcome change!

*joins the group huggle of Carmen Argenziano* We miss you Jacob/Selmak!
                          200 was funny. I laughed my arse off the first time I saw it. It just lacked SD. Sad thing is it had more SD than any other episode, except maybe Morpheus. The shipper in me was coming out while I watched 200. In the Farscape scene they have Daniel playing Ben's part, and I'm a John/Chiana shipper so it was really an SD scene, even if they tried to pass it off as DV and ST. ::grin:: That's probably the biggest reason to buy S10, except for the lovely scene in Morpheus.

Oooh, I like banners too. Share! Share! I think it's okay to post non-SD things here. I mean I did post a Vala/Ronon picture once.

I think Lifeboat was a better acting challenge for Michael. And yeah darker!Daniel was interesting, kind of like evil!Daniel in Absolute Power.

Oh my god I've been thinking about that fic a lot lately! A lot more since Jess posted that picture.

I think we're all weird. I'd rather have "Linger" stuck in my head than the "Fruity Oaty Bar theme."

::huggles to Carmen:: We love you!
                          sigpic

Banner made by Jess!

Comment

A not-so-brief visual message for Ms. Amaranth Traces. Spoilers for length.
                            Spoiler:

I’m sure you all remember why I’ve called you here today. I want to be the first to wish Ms. Traces a happy birthday! Colonel?

Ya, sure, you betcha. Happy Birthday! A few other folks around here want to wish you happy returns as well.

Indeed. Many ‘happy returns’ on the anniversary of your birth, Amaranth Traces.

All the best from the control room!

Happy Birthday, Amaranth! Uh, Siler wanted to wish you a good one too, but he’s had a bit of an incident...

Have a wonderful day, Amaranth.

Happy Birthday, Ms. Traces. I want to assure you that the government of the United States is doing everything in its power to ensure that you have the very best of everything on this most auspicious—

Oh, shut up Kinsey!

Ahem. Sorry about that. Now, where were we? Oh, right. Daniel, you prepared a speech? Daniel?

Hello?

resurrection1[1].JPG
                            Hmm? Oh, uh, Happy Birth-mmph.

Oh, for crying out loud!

Okay. So, obviously, unlike the birthday girl (or Jess, or a few others around here), my talents do not lie on the graphical side. However, the sentiment stands.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMARANTH!
                            Thraesja

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Amaranth!
                              sigpic

Banner made by Jess!

Comment

I think Lifeboat was a better acting challenge for Michael. And yeah darker!Daniel was interesting, kind of like evil!Daniel in Absolute Power.

Oh my god I've been thinking about that fic a lot lately! A lot more since Jess posted that picture.
                                Shanks is a talented actor when he has good writing on his side and *ahem* when he remembers that the character he's playing and the person he is off the set are two separate things

Need, Lifeboat, and Aboslute Power are all fabulous episodes that really showcase his abilities.

I think we're all weird. I'd rather have "Linger" stuck in my head than the "Fruity Oaty Bar theme."
                                I would too, but my head seems to have other things in mind. The "Fruity Oaty Bar" jingle was back in full force today

Originally posted by Thraesja View Post
                                A not-so-brief visual message for Ms. Amaranth Traces. Spoilers for length.
                                Spoiler:

I’m sure you all remember why I’ve called you here today. I want to be the first to wish Ms. Traces a happy birthday! Colonel?

Ya, sure, you betcha. Happy Birthday! A few other folks around here want to wish you happy returns as well.

Indeed. Many ‘happy returns’ on the anniversary of your birth, Amaranth Traces.

All the best from the control room!

Happy Birthday, Amaranth! Uh, Siler wanted to wish you a good one too, but he’s had a bit of an incident...

Have a wonderful day, Amaranth.

Happy Birthday, Ms. Traces. I want to assure you that the government of the United States is doing everything in its power to ensure that you have the very best of everything on this most auspicious—

Oh, shut up Kinsey!

Ahem. Sorry about that. Now, where were we? Oh, right. Daniel, you prepared a speech? Daniel?

Hello?

[ATTACH]5236[/ATTACH]
                                Hmm? Oh, uh, Happy Birth-mmph.

Oh, for crying out loud!

Okay. So, obviously, unlike the birthday girl (or Jess, or a few others around here), my talents do not lie on the graphical side. However, the sentiment stands.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMARANTH!
                                LOL! Thanks, you closet sweetiepie, you!

Jack makes a great emcee. But don't worry about interrupting Daniel and Sam on account of my birthday. They seem to be busy

Nice to see Jacob again though. I've missed him. And good to see you back at the thread again, Thrae

Happy Birthday Amaranth!
                                Thanks, Kitty

Oooh, I like banners too. Share! Share! I think it's okay to post non-SD things here. I mean I did post a Vala/Ronon picture once.
                                LOL! Will do. I'll just set them up on Photobucket and post them. Back soon.
                                ~Amaranth Traces

Comment

Working...
                                X